• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Dubz

I know I'm going to sound like a douche here, but I haven't had any issues with this since it dropped on the console that shall remain nameless. That being said, I hope they fix this shit for all platforms soon

minus the sound drops

a916

I hate that their server browser doesn't work on the PS4... how do they expect me to play CR maps when all I get are hardcore maps via the browser?

Started to play multiplayer for the first few hours yesterday, haven't had any problem so far.
Weird because so many people complain about it, but it looks like there are exceptions.

Elta

Tons of problems here - glitching, lag, crashes both in game and blue screen, one hit deaths, getting shot through solid walls, etc. What a disaster, most likely my final BF purchase. The in-game ads for premium are hilarious, like a used car dealer selling you a car without an engine and calling up a week later to see if you want the optional rust-proofing.

Add me - gunsolo - if I haven't sold the PS4 yet in a fit of rage and disappointment.

I played this the other day and put in some campaign time and two conquest matches with no crashes.

And then randomly, while I was at the game's main menu I got a CE crash back to the OS.

I don't know what the hell is going on with this game, but its not right.

todahawk

fingers crossed but we had a bunch of PS4 GAF together for most of the night playing Obliteration. I had zero crashes tonight, which was a first since I can't remember when. Game was very smooth overall, only a couple of times did we have a little lag.

Steel

Banned
I managed to go 8 games of obliteration without a single crash. Is it just me or are things getting better here?

tazz3

Ok I opened my copy of BF4 my friend explained some things I played conquest.
This game rocks its kinda hard.cod should be more like this.its more fast paced then cod

Yopis

Lol, you'll be back. I've said the same, took a 1 or 2 day break...back at it smh

Did the same lol. When game works no other fps can touch it. Ran 3 hours had 3 crashes. Crashing only while playing CQ. Other gametypes are working well for the moment.

Cyborg

If Im correct there was a patch yesterday. I downloaded the update and installed it. I played 2 matches and the game crashed again!

Fuck you DICE!

4 good Conquest matches, 2 that errored out. Also...

y8fe.jpg

When you see it, something something something. I'm pretty sure DICE is just trolling me at this point.

I didn't think Battlefield 4 would have this many issues. I purchased it on PS4, but have yet to unwrap the plastic. I'm waiting on my cousin to get his PS4 before I start playing it. By that time, I'm hoping most of the issue will be fixed.

having some fun with the game but two problems

1.) RUSH mode has so little ticket count, looking forward to new servers

2.) Aim assist. I have always turned off aim assist and I feel it should not exist in battlefield. thanks call of duty

Agree. Conquest is so much win. I finally got around to playing it after playing pretty much TDM 100% of the time. It's so cool...but I don't know how you're supposed to learn the in's and out's of each of the vehicles?

It's hard to even get time in any of them (biggest issue), and the airborne vehicles seem to have at least some learning curve. Flying and aiming heilos seems to be...not all that straight forward. I'm not sure how a person can get "good" at some of the vehicles without being able to practice some other way. I guess I'll watch some youtube videos or something.

Tekku

If Im correct there was a patch yesterday. I downloaded the update and installed it. I played 2 matches and the game crashed again!

Fuck you DICE!

It was a "panic patch" to correct the OHK-bug. They also enabled the sound for sharing videos.

The stability patch is due for another date.

Anyone else get really bad ground textures on Silk Road? It's really horrible and really blocky. It's really really bad and looks like a PS1 or PS2 game. I'll try to upload pic later. This is the only new map I've played so far.

HigXx

Been playing BF4 since I got my PS4 on the 29th and I've never had any crashes or any problems on Multiplayer, bit weird

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I hate that their server browser doesn't work on the PS4... how do they expect me to play CR maps when all I get are hardcore maps via the browser?

Tip: Use the filter, tick off the "full, 10-15," and etc. player counts and it should show the servers with people in them. Don't check the other boxes, just those. Worked for me. :)

Ok I opened my copy of BF4 my friend explained some things I played conquest.
This game rocks its kinda hard.cod should be more like this.its more fast paced then cod

Not sure if joking or not. BF is a slower game compared to CoD, but yeah, it is "harder." But payoff is so worth it.

Agree. Conquest is so much win. I finally got around to playing it after playing pretty much TDM 100% of the time. It's so cool...but I don't know how you're supposed to learn the in's and out's of each of the vehicles?

It's hard to even get time in any of them (biggest issue), and the airborne vehicles seem to have at least some learning curve. Flying and aiming heilos seems to be...not all that straight forward. I'm not sure how a person can get "good" at some of the vehicles without being able to practice some other way. I guess I'll watch some youtube videos or something.

Use "Test Range" to try all the vehicles without any penalties to your stats.

I've been playing a few hours and everything seems OK. Mind you, I still get the CE thing maybe once every 5-6 games and I experience massive rubber-banding at random points and other technical issues, but overall, it is playable. Just annoying that these technical problems exist in the first place.

When it works, though? So good. And to think, I play with randoms all the time, too.

teokrazia

Sometimes, during 1vs1, I have the impression that the game 'interrupts' my burst.

I thought that my Logitech G500 could have some problems, but it works fine in other games and so in BF4, when I try to shoot against walls. :p

At this point, I'm thinking about some new kind of suppression, netcode issues or [OMG] a design choice to intentionally compensate somehow messy hitregs/netcode/weapons stats.

Am I the only one?

INCUBA3E

Banned
Sometimes, during 1vs1, I have the impression that the game 'interrupts' my burst.

I thought that my Logitech G500 could have some problems, but it works fine in other games and so in BF4, when I try to shoot against walls. :p

At this point, I'm thinking about some new kind of suppression, netcode issues or [OMG] a design choice to intentionally compensate somehow messy hitregs/netcode/weapons stats.

Am I the only one?

Nope, i get this alot, it feels like the gun jams, then at that point the enemy get another 5 hits off, i die and they have 1-10 health left. So i would of won the fire fight if no 'jam'

Its like the netcode stops u to compensate for the other player connection or something.

Prezhulio

Anyone else get really bad ground textures on Silk Road? It's really horrible and really blocky. It's really really bad and looks like a PS1 or PS2 game. I'll try to upload pic later. This is the only new map I've played so far.

I played for a couple hours of conquest china rising maps last night and all the maps looked like dogshit to me, graphically. Then I hopped into an air superiority for a few minutes and the IQ went way up. Idk, I was very underwhelmed but based on some ps4 footage I was looking at, it may have just been an anomaly.

kitch9

Banned

Use the Test Range, its a map where its just you and all the vehicles.

I've encountered yet another bug. I can't level past 100 when I have enough XP to be level 102 (as I can clearly see on the Battlepacks section of Battlelog). I'm Premium and have played China Rising, so not having the DLC isn't the issue..

It's not that map specifically. I went on to dragons pass when I first got the map pack and the textures where almost turning on and off as I walked on big square patches. Silk road was fine. Then the next day it happened on another map and dragons pass was ok.

witness

I fired up the game early this morning to play a bit more SP before work (up to the third mission and the save is still there), and there was a message about new servers coming on I think. Anyone else see it?

Played some Conquest last night and no issues like usual. I unlocked the RPG so I'm pretty stoked about playing this weekend.

People having problems with conquest mode should try obliteration or rush for a while. Those mode are pretty fun but tend to have less problems.

My psn is spatenfloot if anyone is still looking for more players.

Iorv3th

4 good Conquest matches, 2 that errored out. Also...

When you see it, something something something. I'm pretty sure DICE is just trolling me at this point.

Did it give it to you on the next match?

I have a lot of matches where it says I leveled up, but doesn't actually level me up until the next match. So I end up leveling up to 34 in the first match and then ACTUALLY leveling up in the 2nd match and then getting the battlepack. Kind of weird.

I'm glad they're stopping everything to fix all the issues, but I'd rather not see Second Assault thrown into limbo. Timed exclusives are bogus, please don't make it worse.

teokrazia

it feels like the gun jams, then at that point the enemy get another 5 hits off, i die and they have 1-10 health left. So i would of won the fire fight if no 'jam'

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y.

I've spent just 12:30 hours in the game, but the amount of times it's happening to me could be considered a real issue.
And I have a good connection, with 20-50 ping in almost all Europe. :/

SkylineRKR

This is ridiculous, every big map is rubberbanding. Its those short moments where you walk but get pulled back. And the hit detection is fucked up, with still those behind the wall frags.

And the crashes, had one today after a good match with decent scores. It does seem that the smaller modes such as Domination and TDM have better performance.

There´s a Test Range map in the game where you can try out all the vehicles.
Thank you to all who mentioned this! I never noticed.

Did it give it to you on the next match?

I have a lot of matches where it says I leveled up, but doesn't actually level me up until the next match. So I end up leveling up to 34 in the first match and then ACTUALLY leveling up in the 2nd match and then getting the battlepack. Kind of weird.
Nope. It skipped it entirely and moved onto the Battlepacks. Apparently that attachment is glitched and simply will never unlock. It's fine since there will probably be a suppressor in the next Battlepack. I was worried it was related to the crashes or that it wouldn't move onto the battlepacks.

Flunkie

Banned
cant wait to buy BF5 as the "patchfix" to BF4

fuck this game, it's so good yet so terribly broken, it's just depressing

Anyone else get really bad ground textures on Silk Road? It's really horrible and really blocky. It's really really bad and looks like a PS1 or PS2 game. This is the only new map I've played so far. Here are the pics taken from a cell phone:

null_zpsabdf1fd7.jpg

null_zps47db2df9.jpg

I refuse to put more time into this game until this is resolved. I'm eternally stuck on 100 though I'm Premium and have downloaded and played China Rising.

BF4error_zps243b1a76.png

Alpende

Just got kicked out again. They have to fix that crap.

Also, I could have sworn my rockets hit a tank but didn't do anything. Are those netcode issues?

Top Bottom