• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Same with me. I've never experienced this before. Maybe the digital version is worse? UGH if so.

What do you mean? Did you change it? I use the default sensitivity and it works well. L2 and R2 controls are better compared to PS3 once you get used to it.

Because the sensitivity when not using L2(scope, iron sights etc) to aim is tied to the sensitivity of shooting from hip fire. Thus when I zoom into scope for a shot I can't get the sensitivty to feel right for me. I'm all over the place and it's really frustrating. This wasn't the case in BF3.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Whenever I die and go to gun customization menu,if someone tries to revive me at the same time I get stuck in the revive menu and have cut off the game and start over. This bug sucks has anybody else had that problem?

This has actually been the only issue I have had but I haven't been playing Conquest.
Do you know if its possible for enemy to shoot you to fix you?

jsip

Banned
Yup I get the same bug. One of the most annoying bugs in the game.
This bug has been present for years. Frostbite looks nice but hot shit there's issues that get carried from game to game without getting fixed. Its absurd DICE can't fix these problems at this stage of the engine.

DrDamn

Got this last week on PS4. Initially it wasn't too bad, I had one bomb out to the BF4 menus in the first 5 games. It's started full on crashes back to PS4 OS in the last couple of days though. I was playing with a friend last night and each crash affected us both, so is the root cause server side? When a crash to PS4 OS with the error report occurs is there a way you can mitigate further crashes? Once it happened once it seemed to continue happening most games after it. Does a full reboot of the PS4 help things? We just went back into the game and joined another server.

Astrates

BF4 for me hasn't crashed since the patch came out (granted I only played like 3 full conquest matches)

The thing that bugs the ever living fuck out of me is that game displays everyone having headset even though that is clearly not the case making it hard to tell if you are actually playing with people who would communicate...

I may be wrong but I think it puts headsets on them whenever you have a Mic plugged in even if you're in a OS Party.

Tip: The in-game server browser and quick match feature are kinda jinxed.

You can go to battlelog.battlefield.com on your PC/laptop and you can let the PS4 join games from there. This works a lot better for me as you can sort on server region (EU, US, APJ) and no. of players. I always join a server from my region with 32-48 players and have since not experienced any crashes or lag /rubber banding. This only seems to occur on full 64 player Conquest matches for me.

I'm confused about how to actually play these China Rising maps on my PS4.

I want to play team deathmatch on them but I'd settle for anything at this point. They apparently don't come up in normal rotation. But searching by server only shows empty servers no matter what I try.

How do I actually play these China Rising maps (with other people) on my PS4?

Milennia

I'm confused about how to actually play these China Rising maps on my PS4.

I want to play team deathmatch on them but I'd settle for anything at this point. They apparently don't come up in normal rotation. But searching by server only shows empty servers no matter what I try.

How do I actually play these China Rising maps (with other people) on my PS4?

Best bet is to use the battlelog browser, it actually works.

Just input what you want (all of the china rising maps and w.e modes you want to play, then check off every amount of player options other than empty)

VariantX

No crashes but last night I swear I could not kill anyone. It was pathetic.[/QUOTE

Whenever I die and go to gun customization menu,if someone tries to revive me at the same time I get stuck in the revive menu and have cut off the game and start over. This bug sucks has anybody else had that problem?

yep, happens to me often. Makes me kind of afraid to change up my loadout upon death as the bug will trigger and ill have to back out of the game.

Just input what you want (all of the china rising maps and w.e modes you want to play, then check off every amount of player options other than empty)

Can non-premium players play the China Rising maps yet?

The Battlelog Browser...where?

Are you telling me that I paid for Premium (even though I knew it was a stupid thing to do), and I can't even play these maps without a workaround? What the hell? Certainly I'm missing something here, right?

What about when CR maps are available to buy for everyone? Then will they come up in rotation?

No, he wants the server browser.
Which has about a 20% chance of working in game.

So does that mean a 20% (it's been 0% for me so far but I'll take your word for it) chance that I can actually play CR maps?

If so this is ludicrous. How has there not been an outcry about this? Are there so few people buying Premium that it just hasn't come up? This is insane.

Milennia

The Battlelog Browser...where?

Are you telling me that I paid for Premium (even though I knew it was a stupid thing to do), and I can't even play these maps without a workaround? What the hell? Certainly I'm missing something here, right?

What about when CR maps are available to buy for everyone? Then will they come up in rotation?

Tbh it works just fine for me, i have been playing the maps for 2 weeks already using the in game browser, but most people have issues with it, so the best way to get around the browser issues is to use battlelogs browser, which you can access from your phone/pc anything really.

In the battlelog browser there is a chins rising queue.

Try going to the in game browser and checking off what i suggested previously and see if it works, if it doesn't just use the battlelog browser, its become a standard as of late for most people.

heh, found a new way to cause the error

Siege of Shanghai Rush: 2nd defense base
Get to the top of the building with the elevator and make a dash to the tall building on the left when you exit. It would be the building in front of the stairs entrance to Objective A. There should be a slight edge sticking out when you make the jump. Land on that spot. When you land, drop something and it will fall through the spot. Prone and crouch a couple of times and you can see the first floor of the building through clipping/glitching. And then the error should pop up

China Rising is out for non-Premium.

Doing right click and check for updates didn't work, I had to go to Battlelog to try and enter China Rising server which brings a popup that says open in Origin which initiated 4.5GB download.

I suspect it might auto update by time people read this but thought I'd offer it up just in case.

Bishop89

Played my first bf4 game, on conquest too. Didn't really get any connection problems or anything like that. only lag/delay problems which has haunted the franchise for a decade now

Cynn

Tip: The in-game server browser and quick match feature are kinda jinxed.

You can go to battlelog.battlefield.com on your PC/laptop and you can let the PS4 join games from there. This works a lot better for me as you can sort on server region (EU, US, APJ) and no. of players. I always join a server from my region with 32-48 players and have since not experienced any crashes or lag /rubber banding. This only seems to occur on full 64 player Conquest matches for me.

I use the Battlelog app on iPhone to join servers. It works perfectly.

Optimis0r

Neo Member
Haven't had any crashing to PS4 OS or no audio bug. since the 600mb update. However a few times when the server is switching maps i just hang on the map loading screen. Still work to be done to fully fix this game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I feel like im taking crazy pills but my experience got much much worse since the last patch.

Every other dead is a One Hit Kill or a 'sync kill', 3 bar servers are down right unplayable for me. The weird thing is that i didnt have any of this issues at release.
Anyone else felt a change after the last patch? Maybe its a placebo effect thing?

Xater

I feel like im taking crazy pills but my experience got much much worse since the last patch.

Every other dead is a One Hit Kill or a 'sync kill', 3 bar servers are down right unplayable for me. The weird thing is that i didnt have any of this issues at release.
Anyone else felt a change after the last patch? Maybe its a placebo effect thing?

I had less crashes before the latest patch. Now it crashes for me without fail.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I had less crashes before the latest patch. Now it crashes for me without fail.
Only crashed twice since the patch but every single Conquest match freezes when loading.
There are some balance issues too but i guess that stability should be the number 1 priority

On a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked is this game?
I was interested in getting it for Christmas but I'm still not sure.
It ranges from 4 to 7 i would say.

When it works is amazing, other times is just a parade of bugs and lag issues :(
The fact that Conquest The definitive BF mode still doesnt show on the server browser a month after release tells you somethin' (And it freezes every single time for me)

Violater

On a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked is this game?
I was interested in getting it for Christmas but I'm still not sure.

7, no proper party system, can't choose servers efficiently, game crashes randomly, audio issues, but when it works you do the Banderas.

Fersis

7, no proper party system, can't choose servers efficiently, game crashes randomly, audio issues, but when it works you do the Banderas.
The party system ... im not believing DICE sayin' they removed it as a design decision.
It doesnt make any sense because they didnt replaced it with another feature.

The Field Upgrade system is much worse thanks to this 'decision'.

homez99

Just got a new 615MB update for this. Can't see an official changelog anywhere and the update history notes are completely useless ("Increased stability"). I'll jump in to it for a bit and have a look around.

Edit: Scratch that, the servers seem to be down at the moment.

Violater

The party system ... im not believing DICE sayin' they removed it as a design decision.
It doesnt make any sense because they didnt replaced it with another feature.

The Field Upgrade system is much worse thanks to this 'decision'.

As for that I have no idea I had it until I lost it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Use Battlelog on PC or your smartphone/tablet for server browsing/joining for console.

I know it's weird, but that's pretty much how it's been designed (yeah..) and the method works perfectly - the same for loadout configuration.

Doing this even allows you to bunny hop between servers while in an actual ongoing game instantly.

Fersis

Use Battlelog on PC or your smartphone/tablet for server browsing/joining for console.

I know it's weird, but that's pretty much how it's been designed (yeah..) and the method works perfectly - the same for loadout configuration.

Doing this even allows you to bunny hop between servers while in an actual ongoing game instantly.
I think he is talking about the bugged Server Browser i think.
Conquest matches dont show on the browser, and the results are only one page filled of servers without empty slots.

Dont remind me about that friggin' second screen trend!!! >__<

Milennia

Were probably getting pieces of the pc mega patch.

We&#8217;ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called &#8220;Netcode&#8221;.

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for &#8220;roadkilling&#8221; opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called &#8220;Netcode&#8221; (see below for details)
-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

&#8220;Netcode&#8221; improvement
We&#8217;ve addressed the so called &#8220;Kill trading&#8221;. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

Xater

Too late dice, the game is already up for auction.

And I can't even cancel the auction should the game work now.

Violater

Sorry but if I wanted to do that I would have bought the PC version.
It worked perfectly fine in BF3 on consoles this was an unnecessary change imo.

just finished playing a round and the hit detection was spot on, I'm impressed. I actually had fun for once. If they manage to keep this up I might actually keep the game.

Top Bottom