• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Mdot

Played a bunch of games and a campaign mission last night with no issues. Little bit of pop in during one match, but maybe that'll be fixed with this newest update on the previous page.

Disguises

New patch. Ok...I'll give them another chance. Glad to see the kill trading bug was fixed. That would happen far too often. Glad the calculation is now "working as intended".
I'm surprised they didn't get more of a backlash about the broken state of this game at launch

I guess server queues haven't been added yet? It would certainly help trying to join friends servers...slightly...

New patch. Ok...I'll give them another chance. Glad to see the kill trading bug was fixed. That would happen far too often. Glad the calculation is now "working as intended".
I'm surprised they didn't get more of a backlash about the broken state of this game at launch

I guess server queues haven't been added yet? It would certainly help trying to join friends servers...slightly...

Server queues are there and working seemingly

StUnNeR H2K

The queue on XB1 was working the other day randomly. Big group of us were all in the queue and it worked... sort of, now they just need to make sure you join the team your party/friends are on. We basically were almost split in half on separate teams, and totally defeats the purpose of going in at the same time. I think it did the same thing for BF3, so not much hope in it changing.

Disguises

The queue on XB1 was working the other day randomly. Big group of us were all in the queue and it worked... sort of, now they just need to make sure you join the team your party/friends are on. We basically were almost split in half on separate teams, and totally defeats the purpose of going in at the same time. I think it did the same thing for BF3, so not much hope in it changing.
Yeah, I remember reading about it, but there were none for PS4 when I checked at that time.

Server queues are there and working seemingly
Awesome.

First game so far: Well the sound glitching isn't fixed - started a match with no audible copter noises. I actually didn't even have the audio of being locked onto in a copter and only noticed that the white lock-on marker was visible on my screen... but it was too late -_-.

Edit: Already got killed with 1 bullet. :(
Edit: Hmmm...I like that I don't die most of the time after getting the jump on someone. Must be the kill trading fix thing taking effect

Today is the first time I'm able to play (exam week just finished). My first match was good, although I definitely felt a bit lost. I mostly wandered around...toward other people. I think I helped capture a point... well, the bar was increasing near me. Anyway, hope to figure it out soon and have fun.

Mahonay

Banned
If there's one good thing to come of all this, it's simultaneous PC/PS4 patching. That's good shit. Real good.
Hell yes.
i25CCrmBJp9Va.gif

This is the kind of stuff I was really hoping for with the PS4. Glad we're seeing some of it already.

I look forward to playing a less broken BF4 this weekend.

is this true can anyone confirm?
If a save on your dive has been corrupted, there's no recovering it. Unless you have it cloud saved. Sorry bud.

JeremyNL

Neo Member
So I found a PS4 with a bit of luck today and no crashes yet for me! Only a freeze between games but that's alright. This weekend will be great!

Apath

Finally unlocked the 1911 the other day. Was a huge pain in the ass with constant crashes causing at least a dozen matches lost where I used just a pistol the whole time.

Mister D

Hey if I pull down my cloud save from about a week and a half ago to get back my campaign progress, what else does that affect? My multiplayer unlocks and progress won't be touched right? I just want to get my data back to the last level so that I can play through the level one more time and do the final option and unlock the last gun. I sure as hell don't want to play through the whole campaign again to do this and if replacing my save with an older one is going to affect my multiplayer progress then screw it.

Had one black screen post patch. Restarted the game and it was fine, played like 5 Team Deathmatch games with no issues.

Overall, I've had very little problems with the game in the last few weeks. Maybe I'm lucky tho.

VariantX

So far havent had any crashes yet today playing conquest or any other mode. Far less trades too. Still getting issues where the revive text does not go away after being revived as well as getting locked in limbo if you deploy at the same time someone decides to revive you.

todahawk

Ummm, up until today China Rising had been listed in the PS store as "Free". Download the BF4 update and go to snag China Rising and now it's listed as $14.99... happen to anyone else? Not Premium obviously.

burnfout

Played 8 hours straight, not a single crash on both rush and Conquest large, queues are working, I am fucking happy as a pig in shit.

if the good reports keep coming in, I may get that China Rising. I hate having weapons listed that I can't unlock, and I assume Air Superiority would help me unlock the jet/chopper stuff faster.

jsip

Banned
That is one thing I will concede to EA and Dice on this game. At least, they are trying to fix this.
Many issues tho are the same issues every release with Frostbite. I would hardly call that fixing anything. Sound issues, random crashes, HUD issues when being revived, etc. You'd think they would eventually get it right. Years and years later... Nope.

ThisOne

Nope. The Server still cant find Conquest games. T__T

Conquest or Conquest Large? It finds Conquest Large games for me no problem. I just wish there was a way to get into Conquest games with player counts below 64 (either 32 or 48 would be nice).

Stillmatic

Played about 4-5 hours straight a couple of nights ago and no crashes here either!

Did have one problem though, still related to joining friends. Whenever I'd go to my friends list (PS4 PDM) it'd show what game he was currently in, then I'd click on his current game to bring up the join option, doing that it refreshed showing a much earlier game/server he was in with a player count of 67/66. I select join anyway and BF4 loads up to the main menu and gives me an error message, not connecting me.

It was showing that same game with 67/66 the whole night even after resetting the PS4. In the end we had a party chat, went into Quick Match, Team Deathmatch and pushed the button at the same time hoping to get into the same game. Luckily we did!

Milennia

Going to marathon this game tomorrow, should be about 12 hours worth of games.

Ill report back with crash # or any other bulllshit that occurs.

Ummm, up until today China Rising had been listed in the PS store as "Free". Download the BF4 update and go to snag China Rising and now it's listed as $14.99... happen to anyone else? Not Premium obviously.

It shouldn't be listed as free anyway unless you have the limited edition with CR or premium which you obviously don't. If you dont have either it was an anomaly I would guess.

SHADES

7 games tonight with 3 friends & not one crash, wtf DICE?? Lol. Props to continually sorting shit out that should of been done in Q&A but on the whole this is my Best/Worst next gen game, working = THEE Best next gen, Not working=fucking pile of shit, keep at DICE only next release can as all shit done pre launch? K thx bye x

Lol

I already hate this change to the kill trade-off thing immensely. Been a couple times I've been shooting at the person first, then I die and see him skip off with 1 percent of his health, and then there is this weird pause that occurs after you die now too.

Ljwinter

Banned
People with the China Rising showing as $14.99... There is a drop down to change it from $14.99 to free. Do that and you can download the update.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was a sucker and bought Premium before the game was fixed so the first person to quote this gets a free code for China Rising on PS4.

D6AMIA6N

You do indeed.

Cool thanks! I do have a PS4!

EDIT: give the code to someone else. I forgot I have a code for my PS3 copy which I upgraded digitally to the PS4 version. Should work I believe.

Ok Tried my PS3 code and it still was not free? So I used the code, thanks!

AmyS

I still just let Battlelog's server browser on the laptop connect PS4 games. Played a several games of conquest with just 1 connection lost crash the whole time.

Top Bottom