• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

todahawk

Can anyone else not load test range?

Every other thing about the game is working pretty well for me, but I cannot load the test range and it's annoying the shit out of me.

Nope, that's one issue I haven't had...
Did you go with physical disk or digital for BF4?

I still don't fully get how the field upgrades work either. I'll have to have a read up.

You get field upgrade points for doing an objective that the squad leader sets. Such as defending a flag.

Whatever field upgrade you get is dependant on what you've set for your soldier, and you unlock more as you progress.

As long as there is always one person alive on the squad you never lose it. However if everyone all dies at the same time it is lost.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I think he is talking about the bugged Server Browser i think.
Conquest matches dont show on the browser, and the results are only one page filled of servers without empty slots.

Dont remind me about that friggin' second screen trend!!! >__<

That is what I am saying, it WORKS 100% INSTANTANEOUSLY on a phone/tablet or PC, design time just wasn't allocated to the in-game console browser at all, it's clear (and sad).

Personally I use the iOS phone app, tapping join on servers in it results in an instant join in the game itself. It's pretty great/cool that that works as well as it does (it being a second screen thing is besides the point).

Sorry but if I wanted to do that I would have bought the PC version.
It worked perfectly fine in BF3 on consoles this was an unnecessary change imo.
I agree with you, the console versions should have a functional in-game browser, of course. But the situation is what it is, at least battlelog is a fully functional alternative at the moment.

Gatsu

Neo Member
New update and still the same issues :/.
I'm starting to think this is gonna be the way now till the next game is released.

RGVNOE

This game needs to be fixed, I dont even feel like playing this game sometimes because of all the issues. I tried to play yesterday for a little while with my brother, and it crashed on me twice, it lagged quite a bit and even at one point frame rate dropped so much that it made it unplayable, it felt like it was running at under 5 fps, and no I'm not exaggerating. Also when I try to join up the same server as my brother my screen stays all black loading and just gets stuck there, it's happened quite a bit too I have to close the game and reload it, has that happened to anyone else.

Violater

That is what I am saying, it WORKS 100% INSTANTANEOUSLY on a phone/tablet or PC, design time just wasn't allocated to the in-game console browser at all, it's clear (and sad).

Personally I use the iOS phone app, tapping join on servers in it results in an instant join in the game itself. It's pretty great/cool that that works as well as it does (it being a second screen thing is besides the point).

I agree with you, the console versions should have a functional in-game browser, of course. But the situation is what it is, at least battlelog is a fully functional alternative at the moment.

Which begs the question why that time was not put into the game itself.

jpd1408

Banned
Was at the final level in the campaign played some MP... All my shit got deleted wtf?? This game is so good but so broken at the same time

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Which begs the question why that time was not put into the game itself.

I'm generalizing but probably because they already had a fully functional server browsing/joining/friends list functionality for the PC version already, and the consoles use the same server infrastructure, the extra console-only features went down the priority list in terms of QA under heavy load. I mean functionally it's in there, just doesn't work well at all under load in a live environment on PS4 or Xbox One (works ok on old-gen consoles right?).

Riky

$MSFT
Was at the final level in the campaign played some MP... All my shit got deleted wtf?? This game is so good but so broken at the same time

I've lost my progress on single player 4 times after it crashing out of multiplayer, on Xbox One though.

save your progress to a USB stick after every chapter.

I had this happen twice before I started to do manual saves, it's not ideal but who the fuck knows when DICE will fix the game. now I have all my MP unlocks and trophies and will never have to play that shitty SP ever again.

What the fuck am I doing wrong? I have the China rising code on PS4, I downloaded it, the system says it installed, and every time I try to play China Rising maps it tells me I need premium or to check to make sure it is installed?

Edit never mind, staggered release.

Ljwinter

Banned
It's happened 3 times on PS4 for me, I blame myself for continually trying.

What are the odds that they cannot fix the issue?

Well, BF3 on PS3 deleted my campaign progress every single time there was a patch or game update to the game and I'm pretty sure Battlefield has always had this issue with all their games. So I think it's safe to say it will never be fixed.

What the fuck am I doing wrong? I have the China rising code on PS4, I downloaded it, the system says it installed, and every time I try to play China Rising maps it tells me I need premium or to check to make sure it is installed?

when your at the BF4 tab on the dashboard, scroll down to RelatedItems/Add-ons and download China Rising from there. I had to do this.

Yesterday every game I played was lagging bad, Bear in mind I have a 60mb fibre optic connection, Was annoying to say the least as it crashed aswell which hadn't happened for awhile.

Chabbles

Well, BF3 on PS3 deleted my campaign progress every single time there was a patch or game update to the game and I'm pretty sure Battlefield has always had this issue with all their games. So I think it's safe to say it will never be fixed.

So, has anyone tried to play through the campaign without connecting the ps4 to the net, to avoid the updates ?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I have this beauty
nokia1100.jpg

But of course DICE lazy devs dont support it! ;)

Gonna try using the PC battlelog then. =/
I actually like the Battlelog features to be honest.

So yeah instead of kill trading now I unload into someone from behind and they turn and kill me and killcam shows them on 1 health. Every damn time. Added bonus is if someone finishes them I get counts as kill 100 damage. I feel dice is trolling me.

This game needs to be fixed, I dont even feel like playing this game sometimes because of all the issues. I tried to play yesterday for a little while with my brother, and it crashed on me twice, it lagged quite a bit and even at one point frame rate dropped so much that it made it unplayable, it felt like it was running at under 5 fps, and no I'm not exaggerating. Also when I try to join up the same server as my brother my screen stays all black loading and just gets stuck there, it's happened quite a bit too I have to close the game and reload it, has that happened to anyone else.

Happens too a lot and seems more frequent now as never experienced lag or the game just not loading and staying on the screen before. Such a shame as its a great experience for newbies like me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So yeah instead of kill trading now I unload into someone from behind and they turn and kill me and killcam shows them on 1 health. Every damn time. Added bonus is if someone finishes them I get counts as kill 100 damage. I feel dice is trolling me.
That is a lag/sync issue. Dunno how much can it be fixed to be honest.

butts

I haven't had a crash for quite a while, but stats and unlocks aren't tracking properly. For example, I did the challenge to unlock the MTAR, and I can still use it days later but it's saying I never completed the challenge. Also, I leveled to 32 with 2 minutes left in a round, didn't change servers, and the next map I needed to get about 1000 more XP to level up to 32 again. Shits fucked up beyond just crashes and connection.

AmyS

Using PC for server browser to connect PS4 games is the only way to go for me.

Once I tried it I never went back.

Chaplain

I have learned that I can avoid crashes by just playing Rush. Anytime I play Conquest a crash is bound to happen in a short period of time (usually within an hour).

Using PC for server browser to connect PS4 games is the only way to go for me.

Once I tried it I never went back.

How do you do this?

Codiox

i thought today is China Rising Release for non premium guys, i cant download it, it says "not available because no premium". it also says "18.12.2013" as date. does it come tomorrow?

Kssio_Aug

Sometimes I play 1 to 3 matches, but I'll not play it so much until it get fixed. Not even the campaing, because I do not have that much time to waste in a big frustration of losing all my proggress.

Im actually playing Killzone MP and Knack, and am having lots of fun and challenge with both. DICE is taking TOO LONG to fix those BF4 issues already. Its a trully shame... my 1st BF (besides my BF3 of IGC, and Humble Bundle) and if it does not get fixed, will probably be my last one. The game itself os great, but unprogressible!

I guess i must be one of the lucky ones... I see so many people saying how unplayable this game is but I've only crashed a couple times and only noticed a bit of rubberbanding in 64 player games.

Use the web browser on your PS4 for Battlelog.

It actually works ok, double tap the PS button and your into and out of the game.

This is unacceptable. I paid $50, in part, to get the maps early. If I actually want to play them, I either need to have an app on my phone, or go to an external web browser? No.

No no no no no.

I am the ultimate sucker. Bought this digitally on PS3 for $60, paid $10 to upgrade digitally on PS4, and have now paid $50 for Premium. I can't return or resell any of it. That's $120.

I had my first crash yesterday while playing Rush. I also lost my entire Campaign progress too. When working, this game is fantastic but my god it needed more time to be finished.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Nope, that's one issue I haven't had...
Did you go with physical disk or digital for BF4?

I have the digital version... really don't want to re-DL the game again. It would be the third time now.

Idk, if I get to the end of the month and still have room on the data cap, maybe I will. I actually spend a ton of time in test range shooting the barrels and targets with various weapons. Some days I will spend more time in test range than the mp-proper.

So it's quite annoying that it's not working for me atm.

Emblems seem to be working now, i can see them on my guns.

You get field upgrade points for doing an objective that the squad leader sets. Such as defending a flag.

Whatever field upgrade you get is dependant on what you've set for your soldier, and you unlock more as you progress.

As long as there is always one person alive on the squad you never lose it. However if everyone all dies at the same time it is lost.

i think you also get Field Upgrade points for squad revives, heals, ammo pickups, and doing good in the same vehicle.

RGVNOE

It's happened 3 times on PS4 for me, I blame myself for continually trying.

What are the odds that they cannot fix the issue?

same here, but I dont think I'll be trying the campaign again until the issues are completely fixed

Happens too a lot and seems more frequent now as never experienced lag or the game just not loading and staying on the screen before. Such a shame as its a great experience for newbies like me.

Yea the game is great and you can have so much fun when it's working, just hoping it would work more often than it currently does.

Has anyone had any trouble joining capture the flag from the quick match menu? says that I'm missing 1 or more DLCs played on the server

Dynamic3

Are we supposed to get the 1.05 "trading-fix" patch today?

Has anyone had any trouble joining capture the flag from the quick match menu? says that I'm missing 1 or more DLCs played on the server

I believe we need Second Assault, which isn't out yet for PS4.

Milennia

The notes are up btw.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065221500524865/last/

Basically identical to the pc list without the pc dedicated changes of course.

Dec 17 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Reduced the probability of the &#8220;Kill trade&#8221; issue (see below for details).
-Fixed a common crash that could occur during round transition.
-Fixed a crash that could happen for players that had lots of friends.
-Fixed a problem where the &#8220;end of round&#8221; screen was adding up scores several times in the rank bar, resulting in the rank bar showing a higher value or rank than players really had.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
-Fixed an engine audio dropout that could happen when driving IFV&#8217;s.
-Fix for a camera glitch that could occur when players were switching weapons while moving in crouched stance.
-Fixed an animation bug for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike to make sure that the character is pointing in the direction where the player is actually aiming.
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Tweaked the War Tape audio setting to remove distortion.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for &#8220;roadkilling&#8221; opponents.
-Servers with users playing on them are now by default placed on the top in the Server Browser.
-Servers that friends are playing on have a higher priority in the server list.
-Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
-Servers that are completely empty will be shown only when the &#8220;Empty&#8221; option is checked in the Server Browser filter.
-Server Browser filter will count a server as full if all &#8220;Soldier&#8221; slots are occupied, unless the &#8220;Free Commander&#8221; slot is checked.
-Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
-Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
-Lowered IED explosion sound to not bottom out the HDR.
-General stability improvements.

Kill trading issue
We&#8217;ve addressed the so-called &#8220;Kill trading&#8221;. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading.

Chabbles

I got this yesterday. Out of 5, 64 player conquest matches, one crashed.

Im really not liking the maps iv played so far though, well my first impressions of them atleast. And visually, theres lots of bugs with pop in, and textures doing some crazy glitchy shit.
From what iv played so far, it really does feel unfinished in many areas.. its the worst quality BF game iv played so far. I hope they sort it out, because atm id rather play BF3 on pc.

todahawk

I have the digital version... really don't want to re-DL the game again. It would be the third time now.

Idk, if I get to the end of the month and still have room on the data cap, maybe I will. I actually spend a ton of time in test range shooting the barrels and targets with various weapons. Some days I will spend more time in test range than the mp-proper.

So it's quite annoying that it's not working for me atm.

Is it crashing on you?
Same here re: digital... Ugh, I think I've had it crash once on the test range and I wasn't even in front of it... But yeah, i do the same think. I'll tinker with my load outs & mods and then plink and experiment.

I'm glad I finally have somewhere to practice with the choppers but I still need to go on some unranked servers to practice flying between skyscrapers and such.

Fersis

Sadly, still nothing in the patch notes over fixing the campaign save corruption.
The bug is fixed i think, but corrupted saves are corrupted for good. You better start over bud.

Top Bottom