• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

as of todays patch played 4 - 5 games of conquest with no issues. queues worked several times.

they still need everyone in the same chat to join the same team/squad, but thats more of a annoyance then a game breaker

georgc

Damn missed the China rising. Does anyone else have a spare code cause my friend is pressed that he bought the digital one and that didn't come with China rising.

CrovaxPSO

Is this the week that China Rising is available to non-premium players? I'm able to download a 3 gig file but it's taking forever. If it turns out I can't use it yet, I'll just cancel it.

I didn't realize this thread turned into a DLC begging thread! I'll take some free China Rising!

On a serious note I had another crash last night on locker. Seems like ive had framerate issues since the latest patch.

I didn't realize this thread turned into a DLC begging thread! I'll take some free China Rising!

On a serious note I had another crash last night on locker. Seems like ive had framerate issues since the latest patch.

the joke about this thread is the same shit is STILL happening with crashes, or things getting worse.

the only good thing thats happened is the emp uav blur removal.

AmyS

Starting today, Battlefield 4 China Rising will be available for purchase for everyone. Below you will find the release dates and release windows for all platforms and regions.

PC: Available now in the Battlelog Store
Xbox 360 and Xbox One (World-wide): 1:00AM PST – 5:00AM PST
9:00AM GMT – 1:00PM GMT, December 17.
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (North America): 2:00PM PST – 6:00PM PST
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (Europe): 2PM-6PM GMT, December 18.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/china-rising-release/

Fucking finally!

AmyS

Downloading China Rising now, it's 3764 MB.

If you've already redeemed your code for free PS4 CR:

Goto the PlayStation Store > New > Add-Ons > New Add-Ons (all the way to the right) > BF4 China Rising > Choose a Version > Add-On Content > Download

They certainly make you jump through hoops to get it.

JackEtc

Downloading China Rising now, it's 3764 MB.

If you've already redeemed your code for free PS4 CR:

Goto the PlayStation Store > New > Add-Ons > New Add-Ons (all the way to the right) > BF4 China Rising > Choose a Version > Add-On Content > Download

They certainly make you jump through hoops to get it.

Thank you! I couldn't figure it out. What a confusing way to list that. Having to choose a version? Holy crap.

Nizz

Am i seriously the only one experiencing frame drops since the update?

I noticed some drops at random places

This right here is what I'm concerned about. I swear the ran smooth as butter at launch and now I get random frame drops on some maps (and this is during TDM).

I haven't downloaded this latest patch though. I really hope these drops are taken care of in future patches.

Marvel

could never
Couldn't really get any games last night for the first time... no crashes yet but it wouldn't let me join servers that had space or quick matches. I had two games of squad TMD and called it a night.

+2

And I finally completed an Operation Locker Rush match from start to finish with no error popping up. Hooray!

But now DICE has fucked up revives :/

Get killed, get revived, the stupid "accept revive/deploy" prompt stays on the fucking screen as long as I'm still alive. Just what I wanted to see while I trying to shoot someone. Can DICE do anything right?

So I played for a solid 6-8hrs throughout the day, mainly 64 player conquest with about 5 matches of TDM. Probably 12-15 matches total. Not a SINGLE crash or error.

Edit: there were a couple matches where the frame rate seemed to go to shit for a bit, but after 3-5mins it seemed to return to normal. Happened twice. Also one match the rubberbanding was so bad I had to exit, figured it was my connection to the server or something.

NekoFever

Only issue I get after the patch is the missing audio bug, mostly on Guilin Peaks. Extremely annoying.

I don't have China Rising so I can't speak about Guilin Peaks specifically, but when I get the audio bug now it stops and all the sounds come in after maybe 30 seconds. I suspect it's a loading issue, i.e. a lot of the sound effects haven't loaded in by the time the match starts, like when sometimes a match begins with low-res ground textures before the proper ones pop in.

I don't have China Rising so I can't speak about Guilin Peaks specifically, but when I get the audio bug now it stops and all the sounds come in after maybe 30 seconds. I suspect it's a loading issue, i.e. a lot of the sound effects haven't loaded in by the time the match starts, like when sometimes a match begins with low-res ground textures before the proper ones pop in.
Yes I've noticed that, usually at the very beginning. Ambient sound is out for like 30secs.

Jinjo

Wow, actually played the game last night for a few hours without crashing. Stroke of luck or did they actually fix some shit?

Have a question, I pre ordered the ps3 version of bf4 on psn. It says I will get china rising for free, does this hold true for the ps4 version too? Can I just download it for free immediately or do I need to get the ps3 dlc first and then go for ps4? How does this work exactly, can I just download from PSN? It is mentioned nowhere.

yo, so does this game work now?

Not fully, but a little better :D Seems to depend on what game mode you want to play. Obliteration, Domination and Team Deathmatch seem to work. Conquest still keeps crashing.

Server browser and player queue should work now and SP Save-corrupt bug should be fixed.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
You guys with audio issues at the beginning of matches on PS4, have you replaced your hard drives?

It's quite possible the game isn't optimised properly for non-standard 5400 rpm drives which causes data not to load and cache in the appropriate amount of time or order.

Top Bottom