• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Amazon customer service FTW! Because I pre-ordered BF4 with my PS4 I was meant to get Chinna Rising with the game, but didn't. I decided to contact CS and got a code. Initially I thought it didn't work becuase China Rising was still showing up as £12.79 on the web store so I went on the PS4 itself and discovered that there are two versions of China Rising for some reason. Anyway, I'm downloading now.

Amazon customer service FTW! Because I pre-ordered BF4 with my PS4 I was meant to get Chinna Rising with the game, but didn't. I decided to contact CS and got a code. Initially I thought it didn't work becuase China Rising was still showing up as £12.79 on the web store so I went on the PS4 itself and discovered that there are two versions of China Rising for some reason. Anyway, I'm downloading now.

Amazon have always been fantastic for me too. Glad you got sorted.

So, how is the health modeling? Do you drop lie flies? I noticed when I first played that the sheer kill-oriented gameplay seemed to overtake any attempts at playing the objective. Just a massive amount of getting killed in the blink of an eye.

I know there was that one-hit-kill bug, but was that really the issue, or is health just lower in this game?

So I got this during the NA PS4 launch, but have yet to put it in my system. Is the game still broken?
I have been playing since launch-although conquest wasn't patched/added until about a week later and there were crashing issues during the first few weeks

every new patch has improved stability since- I fully reccommend anyone interested in the game to give it a try-

Shadybiz

So, how is the health modeling? Do you drop lie flies? I noticed when I first played that the sheer kill-oriented gameplay seemed to overtake any attempts at playing the objective. Just a massive amount of getting killed in the blink of an eye.

I know there was that one-hit-kill bug, but was that really the issue, or is health just lower in this game?

It's not so bad. I've been able to get out of many encounters where I was outmatched and had taken a few hits, got to cover and regained some health, or waited until the cavalry came. Sure I've been cheesed over a few times, but most deaths are due to me not being aware of my surroundings, being way out of cover, etc.

Why does it spawn you with no body sometimes? Supposed to be some kind of invulnerable period? I actually got killed because I was running around with no weapon..

Also, now the accept/deploy message gets stuck until I die again when someone revives =/

Why does it spawn you with no body sometimes? Supposed to be some kind of invulnerable period? I actually got killed because I was running around with no weapon..

Also, now the accept/deploy message gets stuck until I die again when someone revives =/

No, but sometimes after spawning I have a hard time getting my weapon up.

Yes, I have a hard time getting "it" up.

I will hit the triangle button several times before anything happens.

So, I guess you could say the "time to triangle" isn't very good. hehe

No, but sometimes after spawning I have a hard time getting my weapon up.

Yes, I have a hard time getting "it" up.

I will hit the triangle button several times before anything happens.

So, I guess you could say the "time to triangle" isn't very good. hehe

That's weird. I see it all the time. Sometimes it won't have the ground textures when it happens. Maybe it's there but the game just hasn't loaded it. I'll give mashing it a try

Yopis

Played some China Rising today. Total 3 hours no crashing. Since last patch game is stable for me. Hope others are getting similar results.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
So sounding like its a go to pick up the PS4 version now, with all the patches that have been rolled out.

Should have bought it in the 12 Christmas deals on PSN and done the digital upgrade.

Might grab it this weekend then.

Game finally clicked for me tonight. Health seems fine now, and the gameplay feels real smooth. Outside of all the issues, the game is pretty solid, and the China Rising maps are so good.

I have to give DICE SOME slack considering the insane number of platforms they launched on. Not excusing them, and I want some damn compensation for all the weeks I had to shelf the game, but the game is fun.

Im even experiencing some basic teamwork. I have to say though, reviving feels way too nerfed in this game. It's just discouraged to walk up to someone and revive them at 20% health, or risk charging the pads for more health. Wish you could run while charging. The downed player's respawn timer should be around the revive symbol to let revivers know whether to risk their lives or not.

IKizzLE

From someone in my clan....

You are now ready to chat with Gautam.
Gautam
Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Gautam. How may I assist you today?
Gautam
Hello
Gautam
How are you ?
you
Hi, I am well, how are you?
you
i pre ordered battlefield 4 for ps3 and was supplied with a code for china rising dlc I then paid 10$ and upgraded to the digital copy for ps4, i am entering my china rising dlc code but it is still trying to charge 14.99$. When i enter the code it says it has worked but hasnt i have even tried paying for the content using the promo code but still nothing. Please help
Gautam
I am fine thank you for asking .
Gautam
I would like to tell you that you have bought china rising for ps3 that is the reason it is asking you to buy it again .
you
I have redeemed the code on ps4
Gautam
That code is just for ps3.
Gautam
It won't work on ps4 .
you
I purchased the game under the assumption I would be able to use this code on ps4
you
I would have never bought this game for ps3 if I knew this content would not transfer
Gautam
`Please check this link once : https://help.ea.com/article/upgrade-battlefield-4-for-ps4-and-xbox-one
you
Ive read through this article
you
no where does it state that this china rising wil;l not transfer with the upgrade
Gautam
It is clearly written there that what stuff is going to be transfer to ps4 .
you
actually its not
you
because no where does it say you will lose your china rising content if you upgrade
you
i purchased this game on ps3, i updraged it to ps4. and i intend to use the voucher that i got with my ps3 game for the china rising content that I am entitled to on my ps4
you
battlelog forums are swamped with angry customers, and i am one of them
you
I would not have purchased this game on ps3 had I known you would not honor the dlc I have for ps4
Gautam
You have bought dlc for ps3 not for ps4.
you
I've been a loyal customer of battlefield for a long time. And I have been very happy with the games until now. You cannot charge me twice for the same content. That is unethical.
Gautam
And it is clearly written there that you will be able to transfer only : Tats==Unlocks==Ranks==Awards==Assignments--And all premium contents and benefits
you
No where anywhere does it state that I won't be able to get the china rising dlc with the ps4 digital upgrade
you
and no where does it say ONLY
Gautam
Except those things nothing is going to be transfer , i hope you understand that .
you
It says that no where on the link youve provided me
you
I bought the ps3 copy early as a loyal fan of battlefield, expecting my dlc to carry over when I upgraded to ps4.I would not have bought this game for ps3 or the digital upgrade. I am now outraged that you are trying to charge me to content which should be free as supplied to me.
Gautam
At the end there is a picture .
you
When I bought this game DLC wasnt out
you
When I upgraded dlc wasnt out
you
I expect that having upgraded my dlc will still be honored
Gautam
Because of your repetitive behavior , i need to disconnect the chat .
Thank you for contacting EA. I appreciate your time. Have a great day/night.

You can assume this will be his last EA game.

I can't believe how they expect you to redeem your free China Rising DLC. If it wasn't for this thread, I would have never figured it out.

I pre-purchased the digital PS4 version-

Every link from the dashboard and the store made it look like I didn't own it and had to pay 14.99. According to my "Owned DLC" under the game dashboard, I did own it... but it wouldn't let me into the maps or let me download it without paying.

I had to do some roundabout thing where I had to manually navigate to where it existed in the store, then where the "buy for 14.99" button was I had to press down on the D-Pad and there was an option to download it for free.

WTF!

Yes I just had to do this! I have a physical retail copy and the code in the box just prompts a 1.1mb file. It download and installed that and the ps4 told me CR was installed. So I was very confused I couldn't access any of the content. Then I found it on the store as you described and selected the free version, and to my amazement I'm now downloading a 3764mb file.

WTF? What was the point of the 1.1mb file that my code downloaded? How are people supposed to know to do all these other steps??

Thanks for the instructions on how to DL the CR expansion guys.
I wouldn't have been able to figure that out on my own.
It's almost like EA is trying to hide the preorder bonus, hoping some people will buy it instead even though they are entitled to it.

I havent touched this game since launch either, is it still impossible to form a squad with friends?

Yes, it more then likely will never be fixed.

if you join a game your friend is playing, after one round it will try to rebalance the teams and will notify "you have been moved to a squad with your friends"

I just hope they would implement COD-style party management that you and everyone in your party automatically will join the same game as a squad.

Tekku

I havent touched this game since launch either, is it still impossible to form a squad with friends?

Yes. But it works alright. I mean you just join up in party chat, then one of you enters a server and the rest gets notified on their screens and joins. It's not much of a hassle really. And the queue system is now in place so you don't have to spam the join button.

Dingotech

Yes I just had to do this! I have a physical retail copy and the code in the box just prompts a 1.1mb file. It download and installed that and the ps4 told me CR was installed. So I was very confused I couldn't access any of the content. Then I found it on the store as you described and selected the free version, and to my amazement I'm now downloading a 3764mb file.

WTF? What was the point of the 1.1mb file that my code downloaded? How are people supposed to know to do all these other steps??

I'm glad I'm not alone! It took me ages to figure this shit out!

that's a feature, not a bug! seriously, that's basically their explanation...

if you join a game your friend is playing, after one round it will try to rebalance the teams and will notify "you have been moved to a squad with your friends"

I just hope they would implement COD-style party management that you and everyone in your party automatically will join the same game as a squad.

gonna guess they don't do that because of BC2.... a squad of 4 joins at the same time, instant imbalance!

people complained about that a bunch. then in BF3 it would autobalance the party on join ... people complained about that too...

gonna guess they don't do that because of BC2.... a squad of 4 joins at the same time, instant imbalance!

people complained about that a bunch. then in BF3 it would autobalance the party on join ... people complained about that too...

i know its a decision, but i would still let people do it, imbalance is the nature of public matches :p making party-squads harder to form is just annoying rather than preventive.

loved those GAF vs Others matches on BFBC2 ;D so much ragequitting.

Rainy Dog

that's a feature, not a bug! seriously, that's basically their explanation...

I can see where they're coming from in that respect, but we're now dealing with 64 players on most formats. Very unlikely they'd be many teams consisting of 6 full squads of friends playing together.

mitch1971

Gold Member
I've had the same run in with EA. Notice Hemank saying below that once a mistake is made it''s never made again. Well, a few hours after this chat a friend contacted me via party chat and said 'don't bother with the chat system, phone them as I've just had a chat with one of the EA reps and received a code for the ps4. I did the same and recieved nothing. So, another mistake made hey Hemank?

What pisses me off more is the fact that the outcome is dependent on who you get on the other end of the phone as to how successful you are at getting a ps4 code, and not because of company policy. I was on the phone again for another 40 minutes today, and while the guy on the phone went off to speak to his supervisor at least 3 times at 5 minutes at a time, when I asked to speak to him he was suddenly not available. I was also cut off mid sentence talking to the rep from EA after 40 minutes. Convenient?! I wasn't hollering; I was calm and collected and polite as I could be regarding the situation. Disapointed. What makes it worse, also, is on my XMB the china rising dlc taunts me with the words free everytime I pass the battlefield icon.

Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Hemank. How may I assist you today?

you
Hi. I'm sure you've had the same question today, but I'm writing concerning the china rising DLC with BF4

Hemank
Yes, tell me the issue .

you
I bought the ps3 version of BF4 with the pre-order DLC. I put the code into my ps4 after buying the upgrade to the ps4 edition. on the ps4 XMB it says the DLC is free to me, but clicking it it asks me to pay 12 pounds for it.

Hemank
Yes, i am aware of this. The issue is that, the code which you have redeemed was for ps3 only. So you cannot redeem that code on ps4, if it has redeemed then also you would be getting an option to buy it. The offer is tied to that specific console and never part of any upgrade/transfer offer.

you
Then why did it download a small update to my ps4 and also tell me it is free?

Hemank
That would have been a minor patch which would have downloaded.The reason for showing that free is that as the Sony is having a common PS store, it doesn't have separate stores for PS3 and PS4 so according to that , it is free but for only that console for which it was meant for.

Hemank
I apologize for the disappointment caused.

you
There was no indication that this would be the case when I bought the ps3 version in preparation of buying the 10 pound upgrade later. So my support of this game has led me to spend 40 pound on the game, plus 10 pound for the upgrade and now folk over another 12 pounds for the DLC. That's 62 pounds. If I had not supported your game from the outset and waited I would of only payed approx. 50 pounds for the ps4 version and gotten the DLC for it. So my support as left me at a disadvantage!

Hemank
Only the Premium Users are able to upgrade their premium access to upgrade.

Hemank
Actually Dice didn't mention this also that the DLC would be transferable when upgrading. (so hang on, he's just said dice didn't tell everyone either. So by definition EA didn't, too)

Hemank
I agree with your problem that this wasn't mentioned also but this is the fact which can't be denied. If i would have been in your situation then of-course i would have also reacted and felt the same, as you are in now. If there is anything else i can assist you with , then i would be happy to help you.

you
So without any indication from EA or DICE when the upgrade path was announced and no details in the small print to let me know of this limitation, I won't be getting a DLC code? Your mention of premium doesn't really help me or spure me on to actually get premium considering what has happened. So, there is no way, as a good will gesture to grant me a new code for a franchise I've played for the best part of 2-3 years after spending the exact same ammount of money I would of spent on the ps4 version and cut this problem out, Hemank?

Hemank
I wish I could help you with this, however as per our policy,i cannot grant you the new code.

you
Ok. What other avenues do I have to escalate this further up the channels with EA,

Hemank
Their is nothing that can be done in this case.
Since this information has been provided by EA/Dice only.

Hemank
http://blogs.battlef...ade-to-nextgen/

you
I only ask, Hemank, as have a few friends who visit a ps4 community I run, who have has success in receiving a new code because of this problem from EA reps, although at this time they are now having problems getting the DLC to download.

Hemank
The codes which was granted by EA Reps, that would have been their mistake.

Hemank
Mistakes once done, can't be done again,

you
Mistake or not, they have closure, where as I'm in the same predicament and don't, Hemank. It seems the problem can be resolved simple by me speaking to another rep,

Hemank
If you talk to another rep, you would get the same reply. There is nothing in this case which could be done. No other advisor would disregard the policy.If there is anything else, i can assist you with please let me know, otherwise you can end this chat.

you
No. Thanks for your time,

Ljwinter

Banned
So now that BF4 is in much better condition and playable, maybe we can start grouping up and get some games going? I play 99% of my time as an engineer, only time I switch class is on Operation Locker and that's to revive. I heal, try to capture as many flags as possible and my play style is more of a behind enemy lines approach. If anyone is looking for a squadmate, feel free to add me on PS4 - Ljwinter I live on the east coast so if I'm playing it's from 6pm-12am. Around those times.

So now that BF4 is in much better condition and playable, maybe we can start grouping up and get some games going? I play 99% of my time as an engineer, only time I switch class is on Operation Locker and that's to revive. I heal, try to capture as many flags as possible and my play style is more of a behind enemy lines approach. If anyone is looking for a squadmate, feel free to add me on PS4 - Ljwinter I live on the east coast so if I'm playing it's from 6pm-12am. Around those times.

I'm in. My PSN is VicDaMoan03.

I mostly play as assault and a little engineer.

Newlove

Hey mitch1971, I don't know if this will work but I used my China Rising code that came with my PS4 copy and it was still saying 12.99. I solved it by going to the PS Store, going to the China Rising DLC and there was a drop down menu to change it to free. This probably doesn't help as it sounds like an issue with PS3/4 codes being separate, although if the code went through without any indication that its the PS3 version then that's a bit of a lame tease.

Where are you guys finding the assignments for locked guns?

I believe its My Soldier in-game and scroll across to assignments. The badges are the assignments. There's the next tab for DLC assignments too. Or go on Battlelog, hover over your soldier and go to assignments from there. It's handy if you have a second screen so you can keep track while playing rather than quitting out to the main menu.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Game finally clicked for me tonight. Health seems fine now, and the gameplay feels real smooth. Outside of all the issues, the game is pretty solid, and the China Rising maps are so good.

I have to give DICE SOME slack considering the insane number of platforms they launched on. Not excusing them, and I want some damn compensation for all the weeks I had to shelf the game, but the game is fun.

Im even experiencing some basic teamwork. I have to say though, reviving feels way too nerfed in this game. It's just discouraged to walk up to someone and revive them at 20% health, or risk charging the pads for more health. Wish you could run while charging. The downed player's respawn timer should be around the revive symbol to let revivers know whether to risk their lives or not.

Yep. Revive time should be extended a second or two, too. Practically no one revives now since all you get is a paltry 20 points for risking your net. Maybe make the default quick revive a flat 50? And the charged one a full 100?

Also, for the Medics, don't forget to lay down a med pack when you revive someone, alright? :D

MAX PAYMENT

Just had an amazing chat with an EA support rep regarding the China Rising PS3 to PS4 crossover.

Chat Transcript
info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Mohit.
Mohit: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Mohit. How may I assist you today?
you: Hi
Mohit: Hello.
Mohit: How may I help you today?
you: I upgraded my PS3 disc version of BF4 to the PS4 version via PSN but it hasn't carried over the free China Rising expansion. Can you help?
Mohit: I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I'll do my best to address your concern.
you: Thank you
Mohit: I would like to tell you that when you upgraded the ps3 version to ps4 then the china rising will not come along with it on your ps4.
Mohit: So please you have to purchase the new china rising dlc for the ps4.
you: That's hardly clear in the upgrade path. I doubt I will bother buying Premium now. That seems very underhand to make a loyal customer pay twice.
Mohit: Not buy the premium just buy the china rising dlc to play the dlc.
Mohit: Trust me had it been possible then I will definitely done it for you.
you: I understand that but I will not be doing so. I think it's disgraceful to pay for DLC I got free for preordering as a loyal BF player.
Mohit: Yes you will get it on the ps3 but as you said that you upgraded the ps3 disc version to ps4 so it will not come along with it.
Mohit: I am really very sorry for that.
Mohit: But As a token of appreciation I would like to provide you the 15%discount coupon code which will help in your next purchase of the game.
Mohit: This was your 15%discount coupon code:DRBB-3JL6-xxxx-GU8F-xxxx
you: I doubt I'll be buying anything to do with Battlefield from now as I'll be trading BF4 in immediately but thanks for your offer.
Mohit: Your welcome.
Mohit: I understand your felling how annoying is this.
you: Please feedback to your company that for penny pinching over 12.79 of DLC they've lost a Premium Customer who spends close to £100 a year on BF plus Premium.
Mohit: And I am really very sorry for the disappointment that cause to you.
you: It'll cause more disappointment to your company's shareholders when people vote with their wallets. Thanks for your time.
Mohit: I apologize for the trouble.
Mohit: Your welcome.
Mohit: It's been a pleasure to assist you. I would like to thank you for contacting EA Support and wish you a good Time. Please don't hesitate to contact us again in the future.
Mohit: Nice to chat with you.
Mohit: Have a nice day.
Mohit: Take care.
Mohit: Bbye.

Absolutely epic customer service by EA. I can't support that. Bye bye BF4.

So you were THAT guy. The one that throws corporate level arguments at a customer service person. Wow.

Beaulieu

I cant be the only one having trouble to pick up the "special weapons" that spawn in conquest ?

"Hold triangle".... I HOLD IT AND THE GUN DROPS.
wtf.

Dragnet

I cant be the only one having trouble to pick up the "special weapons" that spawn in conquest ?

"Hold triangle".... I HOLD IT AND THE GUN DROPS.
wtf.

Every fucking time. Me and some mates have figured out holding triangle for about half a second does the trick, no more, no less.

Mayyhem

PLayed 64 player conquest on Xbone with my friend yesterday for like almost 10 straight matches and no problems/crashes other than a very FEW frame rate dips.

FINALLY, now if only they would add a party system to the game I would play this to infinity and beyond

mitch1971

Gold Member
Hey mitch1971, I don't know if this will work but I used my China Rising code that came with my PS4 copy and it was still saying 12.99. I solved it by going to the PS Store, going to the China Rising DLC and there was a drop down menu to change it to free. This probably doesn't help as it sounds like an issue with PS3/4 codes being separate, although if the code went through without any indication that its the PS3 version then that's a bit of a lame tease.

yeah this is the ps3 to ps4 problem. Sadly, there is no drop down menu for me. I just don't understand how two friends of mine, both in the same boat as me, within ten minutes of speaking to an adviser get a new code, and are happily playing the game. Where as I do it and get nowhere, and the reps won't even acknowledge that it's possible to get a new code, as they say every rep knows of the EA policy in handling this matter. Meaning, we think you are just making this up to make a point, when I'm not. It's infuriating to say the least.

Requiem

I believe its My Soldier in-game and scroll across to assignments. The badges are the assignments. There's the next tab for DLC assignments too. Or go on Battlelog, hover over your soldier and go to assignments from there. It's handy if you have a second screen so you can keep track while playing rather than quitting out to the main menu.

Thank you good sir

zlatko

Banned
I'm thinking of taking the plunge.

I have a PS4 and have been mostly spending my time with KZ SF. I didn't like CoD Ghosts at all on it.

Reading all bad stuff on this one---should I take the risk to get it? I give up on games pretty quick these days if anything is "beta" feeling. I plan to do TDM and squad TDM, will I be safe in there to avoid monkey business?

I started playing BF4 after I got my PS4 last week and I had two crashes in Single player but with no lost progress and no crashes or issues with the multiplayer. My experience has been pretty positive. If you inputted the China Rising code and you can't get into like Air Superiority make sure you download the actual game file. Should be marked as free.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge.

I have a PS4 and have been mostly spending my time with KZ SF. I didn't like CoD Ghosts at all on it.

Reading all bad stuff on this one---should I take the risk to get it? I give up on games pretty quick these days if anything is "beta" feeling. I plan to do TDM and squad TDM, will I be safe in there to avoid monkey business?

I have both KZ and BF4 and honestly, as much as I loved KZ for the first couple of weeks, I started playing BF4 and haven't looked back. Sure, it doesn't have a Warzone mode of its own but now that the game seems to finally be stable and that all modes seem to be available and functional there really isn't much of a comparision. The level of random craziness that happens and the amount of HOLY SHIT moments that I've had with BF4 are starting to really add up.

zlatko

Banned
I have both KZ and BF4 and honestly, as much as I loved KZ for the first couple of weeks, I started playing BF4 and haven't looked back. Sure, it doesn't have a Warzone mode of its own but now that the game seems to finally be stable and that all modes seem to be available and function there really isn't much of a comparision. The level of random craziness that happens and the amount of HOLY SHIT moments that I've had with BF4 are starting to really add up.

That's good to read. I'll take the plunge. My only other concern is if I get the standard edition, how much will I be screwing myself out of, or is there digital upgrade options if I decide to go that route later?

I hate to do a blind commitment, then a week later realize meh this isn't for me.

Granted I played a ton of BF3 on my PC. :D

I have both KZ and BF4 and honestly, as much as I loved KZ for the first couple of weeks, I started playing BF4 and haven't looked back. Sure, it doesn't have a Warzone mode of its own but now that the game seems to finally be stable and that all modes seem to be available and function there really isn't much of a comparision. The level of random craziness that happens and the amount of HOLY SHIT moments that I've had with BF4 are starting to really add up.

This happened to me.

I popped KZ back in and was doing my thing but the love was gone. The variable framerate was pissing me off, as was the perma-camp meta. 2 rounds and I popped it out. :(

Top Bottom