• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

tell me if it works Ill do it as well.
bad decision to purchase that shit.

Sorry for the late reply, I just recently received an e-mail stating that they've honoured my request in a "one time show of good-will". Which is an odd way of phrasing the refund, but I'll take it!

$59.99 refunded to my PSN wallet.

jsip

Banned
So yeah... I'm curious of the netcode in this bitch. Was playing some rush on D. I'm sticking to cover behind a wall and popping my head out as I RPG a tank. Take out the tank, drop back to cover, pop out and get into a gunfight and lose. I drop backwards right at the corner of the wall I was taking cover behind.

The problem: I dropped back after taking an initial hit to prep a grenade to bank off of the opposite wall. I never got the grenade out and wound up dying behind cover. Nothing funky happens yet. I immediately get a rez behind the wall. When I take the rez, the Assault player and I flat-out teleport to the middle of the room.

Usually this means lag played a part and the rez spot is a good indicator of actual location when you died since that's where the server saw you last. I'm curious if to my enemies I was ever behind that wall. Had this happen plenty in BF4. Its not BO2 level bad but its almost there.

It's annoying as shit. I can't say its my connection. 12ms, 28.8d, 5.1u - it never even fluctuates. I do play other shooters online and while there will always be a bit of latency in any online game, BF4 is flat out ridiculous.

CozMick

Banned
Rubberbanding has took over this game during Conquest.

All major issues I was having are now fixed with the recent patch. Shame about the lag :(

So you bought BF4 and Premium for your PS4 with your US account, and play it with your German account?

Does your German account show up as being a premium account in Battlelog as well (in terms of all the other premium stuff like premium assignments, drops, double xp events etc), or is it just access to the DLC maps that you get on your German account?

Yes, exactly.

And yes again. The first time you boot up BF4 there even is a pop up "thanks for buying premium" or something like that.

kriskrosbbk

No crashes for me . But when I hit campaign, I got easy ,medium and hard like I never played ...No "Resume" at all?!? Is this the issue you guys complained about? PS4

ron_bato

I get issues when nothing is happening. It seems to be server related as all of my friends get it at the same time when we play together. Levolution isn't a prerequisite to random drops.

I'm also saying it drops to the 20s and probably below for a second and a half then boom, back to normal. Happened last night on Langcan Dam, game just started, me and 2 friends squadded up and were driving to the first base in rush, bam, hit like a freight train. All 3 of us noticed. Something wacky going on server side.

I have not experienced this yet, granted I only played about six or so hours of multiplayer. But i believe you, guess i have not been playing long enough to have experienced this yet.

No crashes for me . But when I hit campaign, I got easy ,medium and hard like I never played ...No "Resume" at all?!? Is this the issue you guys complained about? PS4

The same thing happened to me. Your save got corrupted. Supposedly the patch would "considerably reduce the chances" of that happening. I won't be playing this game again until this is really fixed, but I'm amazed at Dice's incompetency.

This is the only game I've ever heard of that couldn't even get not deleting your save right.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is this game fixed yet?

Noticed there was another patch...?
Been working pretty damn good since the last patch, not everything is fixed since theyre working on another patch. But right now is pretty stable.

I think that with the next patch the game will be Release Candidate instead of Beta! XD

Been working pretty damn good since the last patch, not everything is fixed since theyre working on another patch. But right now is pretty stable.

I think that with the next patch the game will be Release Candidate instead of Beta! XD

Thanks!

Have the put in a squad up/load out option in the menu screen yet?

Cynn

Agreed! I've had no crashes at all since patch and lag seems limited to a couple of maps only.

Yes, exactly.

And yes again. The first time you boot up BF4 there even is a pop up "thanks for buying premium" or something like that.
Cheers for the reply, I think I'll probably end up doing the same (buying Premium with my US account and then playing it with my other account). It's good to get confirmation that it works.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks!

Have the put in a squad up/load out option in the menu screen yet?
Squad Up: DICE say they know people want it but they dont have plans to add it at this time.
Load Out: Dunno the official 'word'

see5harp

I haven't had a crash in the last few times I've played so good on you Dice. I've noticed even the server lists are working in game. Video capture is still broken as all hell, but I'm blaming Sony for that.

Rainy Dog

Cheers for the reply, I think I'll probably end up doing the same (buying Premium with my US account and then playing it with my other account). It's good to get confirmation that it works.

I can second this. Bought BF4 plus premium on my US account, playing on my UK account. Game recognises me as a premium player and I get all the benefits.

Only thing that doesn't is battlelog but just means you miss out on a few battlelog portraits.

I can second this. Bought BF4 plus premium on my US account, playing on my UK account. Game recognises me as a premium player and I get all the benefits.

Only thing that doesn't is battlelog but just means you miss out on a few battlelog portraits.
OK, that's slightly conflicting information then. So if Battlelog doesn't recognize you as a premium player, do you still get access to the XP boost events, assignments, etc that Premium players normally get?

w0mbat

Neo Member
Is there an easy way to play on the China Rising maps? I still just seem to see the standard ones when I play even though I have bought premium. The server browser is useless :(

Violater

Is there an easy way to play on the China Rising maps? I still just seem to see the standard ones when I play even though I have bought premium. The server browser is useless :(

Use battlelog on the pc, its sucks that you have to but like other have said it works flawlessly.

Majanew

Banned
Getting shot from behind, I run to a corner and hide and this happens. Share worked fine, just press the share button after you know something you want happened.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=770022336360090

Edit - I don't have a Facebook so my wife let me use hers for this type of stuff.

Oh. When you were saying you were being shot from behind and then you ran to a corner, I thought the video was going to be of the bullet curving around the corner and killing you. Dem curving bullets. Wanted style.

Violater

Oh. When you were saying you were being shot from behind and then you ran to a corner, I thought the video was going to be of the bullet curving around the corner and killing you. Dem curving bullets. Wanted style.

I thought the same thing, it has happened to me so many times.

chewydogg

Got another crash to blue screen last night. It used to happen once every 3 or 4 games, now it's happening once every 3 or 4 days. So at least there seems to be progress.

clownfrog

Neo Member
This is still happening? stinks

Have you tried your cloud save?

The issue I had is I would backup to my cloud save, and when my save in bf4 would corrupt I would attempt to restore my cloud save. The time stamp confirms it's a new cloud save, however that data is corrupted already. It's like the data coming out of bf4 is instantly corrupted.

I do not want to here Total Eclipse of the Heart for a 9th time.

Zep

Banned
When will people who bought the limited edition be able to play the china rising maps?

Everytime I try to download it on psn it tells me it's not available for dowload.

Violater

When will people who bought the limited edition be able to play the china rising maps?

Everytime I try to download it on psn it tells me it's not available for dowload.

Go to PSN store, click on the china rising for 14.99 select the one that says free and download.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Not sure if its bf4's fault or the share buttons, but I just did this amazing 5-6 knife kill streak and wanted to upload the footage. First time really using the share button, I assumed it recorded my last 15 minutes :/ instaed I had about 2 15 minute footage of the matches before the current match.

That's my one big remaining issue. Missed out on so many awesome BF Moments.

Has Sony acknowledged this at all?

Also. BF4 is working near perfectly for me since the latest update. And god is it fun. 75+ hours and no signs of stopping.

I only just got the game, but I've yet to crash or anything like I was told to expect. I guess the patch worked out nicely. I'm also baffled by the fact that I can't squad with my friends before the match.

w0mbat

Neo Member
Use Battlelog in the PS4 browser, or PC/tablet/phone.

Use battlelog on the pc, its sucks that you have to but like other have said it works flawlessly.

Yep. That or the app for phone/tab.

Thanks guys will give it a go later. I hope Battlelog on the PS4 lets me do it as the tablet app doesn't recognise that I have Premium (UK account using premium bought under US account).......

Do non premium people still need to wait before they can play China Rising?

I entered my free code from the case, but when I try to join a map it takes me to the Playstation Store and wants me to buy it.

Non Premium here.

If so, whats the date it can be played by non Premiums?

Chaplain

Do non premium people still need to wait before they can play China Rising?

I entered my free code from the case, but when I try to join a map it takes me to the Playstation Store and wants me to buy it.

Non Premium here.

If so, whats the date it can be played by non Premiums?

Go to the store and select the free version (under the price). You can start playing after you have it installed. It doesn't matter if you are non-premium.

Go to the store and select the free version (under the price). You can start playing after you have it installed. It doesn't matter if you are non-premium.

Think I just did it with choosing the free Game Pack, thanks :)

Wow, thats a half arsed way to do it.

Why isnt it just in the Battlefield 4 store in-game like they used to be?

EA? lol

w0mbat

Neo Member
Use Battlelog in the PS4 browser, or PC/tablet/phone.

Damn, won't work for me. I can choose the server but it tells me that I am missing DLC etc even though when I start the game on my PS4 I see BF4 Premium displayed and can access the Premium battlepacks and other stuff :(

Has anyone with my sort of setup (Premium bought using PSN account from another region) got this working successfully?

Top Bottom