• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

system11

Picked it up yesterday, finished the story, played some multiplayer. The multiplayer TDM seems to be more fun than Ghosts to be honest. Certainly less spawning directly in front of people.

terrible

Banned
Picked it up yesterday, finished the story, played some multiplayer. The multiplayer TDM seems to be more fun than Ghosts to be honest. Certainly less spawning directly in front of people.

You need to play this more then. You'll change your mind lol. These spawns are beyond broken in TDM. Worst I've ever seen. Even worse than the old counter-strike DM mod spawning even though those spawns were just 100% random.

system11

You need to play this more then. You'll change your mind lol. These spawns are beyond broken in TDM. Worst I've ever seen. Even worse than the old counter-strike DM mod spawning even though those spawns were just 100% random.

Have you played Ghosts? Spawning directly next to enemies happens many times every match.

terrible

Banned
Have you played Ghosts? Spawning directly next to enemies happens many times every match.

I haven't played Ghosts but I have to imagine that no game other than BF4 spawns both teams in the same spot at the start of the match on like 3/4 of the maps in the game lol.

edit:

clip 1 (bonus glitch, he's not even looking at me!)

Clip 2

I could upload a video with hundreds of those if I had time to edit it! Now I'm just used to it and I don't even leave my spawn area until I've cleared out all the enemies that spawned near me first.

nope, I guess you havent played an online EA game in years then.

I haven't. Mostly offline offline kids games with the kids, and the occasional Halo and COD. What's the point of forcing me to let PSN send all of my personal info to EA just so I can play a game that I bought. EA has their money from me.

I guess I'll try it, but if they make me remember another password, they can fuck off.

I spawned with a guy knifing me haha. Yeah, they're just as bad if not worse in bf4, but the game is still awesome fun

Dolemitesooner

Neo Member
Looking for some people to play with this weekend on PS4. I am tried of playing with squads not on Mic and having squad leaders not give orders. YOU GET SO MANY POINTS FROM ORDERS.

Add me for mic chat and conquest play in B4. on PS4. Dolemitesooner

Alienous

Does anyone else have an issue with firing semi-automatic weapons with the DS4's R2 trigger?

I've have that issue with pistols, where I'll be tapping the button and have a second pause between bullet fire, then a volley of three, then a pause etc. Even when I'm not in a laggy match.

I've had this issue in Battlefield 4, Killzone: SF and even Ghosts to a lesser degree.

The PS4 comes with a mic, yet no one says a word. It's pretty ridiculous. Also, I can't stand having to chase down a medic because he/she refuses to acknowledge my constant plea for a health pack.

There's also cross game party chat now. I imagine some people are only talking to their friends.

One of the negatives of the feature

terrible

Banned
Does anyone else have an issue with firing semi-automatic weapons with the DS4's R2 trigger?

I've have that issue with pistols, where I'll be tapping the button and have a second pause between bullet fire, then a volley of three, then a pause etc. Even when I'm not in a laggy match.

I've had this issue in Battlefield 4, Killzone: SF and even Ghosts to a lesser degree.

My only problem is that the triggers are too sensitive, like there's zero deadzone. I'll sometimes fire by accident when I just barely touch the trigger. I haven't experienced your problem luckily.

I've been playing since Christmas on Conquest servers and have yet to experience any crashes. I've had some stuttering though, and a few cases of weirdness on the spawn select menu.

Also, is the icon for the squad leader broken for anyone else? On the map it looks like the regular green squad member arrow plus another green arrow stacked on top of it. At first I thought he was carrying another guy around or something.

Alienous

My only problem is that the triggers are too sensitive, like there's zero deadzone. I'll sometimes fire by accident when I just barely touch the trigger. I haven't experienced your problem luckily.

That's strange. It feels like I have to be quite deliberate about my trigger press, on all of the three Dualshock 4's I own.

Perhaps the problem is me, then. I just can't shoot consistently with a pistol at all. I've missed dozens of kills because of it. On PC, or even on PS3, in any game I could just tap the button/mouse as quickly as I could to fire as quickly as I wanted to. But, even when I am pressing the trigger consistently, I get an inconsistent output of bullets.

Anyway thanks. If anyone else has had this issue, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

GodofWine

now everytime i try to quick join a match it hangs up on the little white dot...sigh

edit..server browser too.

I cant get into a game.

kriskrosbbk

Did you have any issues with the single player save files ?I lost my progression twice already /: .No option for rresume or continue when I hit campaign?!

I haven't played Ghosts but I have to imagine that no game other than BF4 spawns both teams in the same spot at the start of the match on like 3/4 of the maps in the game lol.

edit:

clip 1 (bonus glitch, he's not even looking at me!)

Clip 2

I could upload a video with hundreds of those if I had time to edit it! Now I'm just used to it and I don't even leave my spawn area until I've cleared out all the enemies that spawned near me first.

hahahahaha, your ladder of death video is funny.

The lag is so frustrating now, I consider B4 my goto ps4 game as i dont have alot of time to game much lately, So when i do it would be nice to have no issues etc but the lag is horrendous and really puts me off the game.

turnbuckle

I haven't played an FPS since MW2, and the only FPS I've put more than an hour or two in in the last 7-8 years can be counted on 3 fingers. Needless to say, it's my first Battlefield game. Needless to say, my first time playing last night on team deathmatch I was terrible.

I like to think I was the x-factor though. I think I played about 10 rounds and our team won every time. It's all about them intangibles!

Didn't have any issues at all with regards to any kind of glitches. I'm just awful at the game is all. Had a great time though

McLovin

After the last patch I haven't had any issues with the PS4 version. But I haven't heard much about the Xbox one version. I'm thinking about getting it for my little brother. Does anyone know if it has similar issues? If it does I'll just get him COD.

CozMick

Banned
Serious question?

Teamwork...

OK, team work does not exist in Battlefield 4, it hasnt happened since Battlefield 2 on PC.

Where do people find these servers?

I can go a whole round following a guy shouting "I need ammo" and nothing, also when a game actively encourages you to replace your medkit for a noob tube, yeah, well.....somethings wrong.

Bought it yesterday and still not been able to finish a match. The whole game either crashes and the PS4 gives me some scary error code or it just freezes up.

The game is so epic and fun, but this is a real hot mess.

Rainy Dog

I have this as well Alienous. At least with BF4 using pistols. Feels like the weapon is jamming and has cost me a life countless times.

spidye

have the same problem with pistols in bf4

as a huge battefield fan this game made me detest the franchise.

I have put it on the shelf where it belongs. the game needs a huge update to see myself going back to that shit

for shame dice. I hope bf5 flops pretty hard but knowing this industry the next bf will sell even more copies :/

Milennia

Bought it yesterday and still not been able to finish a match. The whole game either crashes and the PS4 gives me some scary error code or it just freezes up.

The game is so epic and fun, but this is a real hot mess.

Are you on the latest update? I have over 170 hours at this point and havent crashed a single time since the last update, i play everyday.

Riky

$MSFT
After the last patch I haven't had any issues with the PS4 version. But I haven't heard much about the Xbox one version. I'm thinking about getting it for my little brother. Does anyone know if it has similar issues? If it does I'll just get him COD.

I have both, it's pretty much in the same state as the PS4 version, better than it was but still getting the odd crash.

Top Bottom