• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Goes to select Capture the Flag game mode.

"You are missing one or more DLCs played on this server"

WTF!!!! I have Premium and China Rising installed. What the.....?

Why is that BS, they state its a second assault mode and the expansion isn't out yet on anything other than xbox?
China rising is only advertised to include air superiority.

I think the whole concept of timed exclusive dlc is just BS. Or are there really people out there who choose one console over the other just for freaking DLC?
I also think DLC itself is a problem in this industry but I digress...

Milennia

I think the whole concept of timed exclusive dlc is just BS. Or are there really people out there who choose one console over the other just for freaking DLC?

Whats worse is they are quiet (i mean dead quiet) on when the expansion will hit other platforms.

Haven't heard anything other than the fact that its coming to other platforms at some point.

I have no issue with DLC since it adds to the longevity of the game for me. Example: Blops 2 on WiiU. No dlc so I stopped playing the game well before pretiging.

emko

more bugs

- sounds does not work for the first few minutes on a map
- spawning with no gun for 30 seconds
- spawning as a infantry in air superiority
- air superiority no sounds in the first 30 seconds and the lock on image does not show

other then that its works a lot better then launch, but i still have no tried single player until i am 100% sure it wont erase my progress

Just crashed on me and now I can't go online again. Mierda.

Shits still down. I guess I'll go read Preacher, then, while I wait for tomb raider to finish downloading on the PC.

It was nice of the game to spawn me inside a building on Dawnbreaker Rush....too bad I spawned in a building that had no entrance or exit *smh*

I haven't played this for a while but was happy to hear about the latest patch. In the meanwhile I've just avoided Conquest and instead stuck to Rush, Team Deathmatch and Campaign. No errors at all, and while its not Conquest, its still fun.

So I boot it up today to resume the campaign and it looks like its been wiped because I only have the option to start a new game. Out of fucking nowhere and not from any crash nor errors I was witness to.

Seriously fuck this game and its bug-riddled self.

On the dam map, I spawned under the Charlie checkpoint island. Once I crawled out past the land edges, everything was normal. Also, on the railway map, the two gun turrets hovered in midair after the buildings were destroyed by Alpha. I still notice lots of shrubbery pop in too. At least it is more stable now.

So you were THAT guy. The one that throws corporate level arguments at a customer service person. Wow.

How else are you supposed to escalate to a supervisor or get retention-level compensation? He was polite and fair.

Thanks Narpas.

I'd like to assume most customer service reps are capable of cognitive thought and care about the person they're assisting, the gentleman I was speaking to was clearly happy to spout company rhetoric with no thought of his own.

Yes, I appreciate there was little in his power at first contact but you do have escalation procedures available. I feel I was calm and reasonable and thought personally that the rep's ininability to listen to and understand a customer was far more offensive than me taking an argument to "corporate level".

I state this as a one time national trainer for a huge company's Customer Service staff. I'd like to think I know a little about service delivery. EA judging from the other transcripts in this thread has little grasp of it.

bobot

Neo Member
tldr

Whats the deal with china rising download carrying across from the ps3 version i purchased on the cheap to upgrade to ps4?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
MP wasn't working for me earlier today. Had to play some campaign, which was surprisingly entertaining.

KaiserBecks

This is what happens every time I spawn in a heli gunner seat:

c3u1fdF.gif

Why would you spawn in the pilot seat if you can't fly the damn thing?

This is what happens every time I spawn in a heli gunner seat:

c3u1fdF.gif

Why would you spawn in the pilot seat if you can't fly the damn thing?

It could really do with a warning when the pilot ejects, or the driver leaves. Plummeting a few hundred feet before you realise that you're on your own sucks. And in multiseated ground vehicles, pressing X should take you straight to the driver's seat when it's vacant. Cycling through the seats, complete with process lag, is no fun when you're being shot at and need to make a getaway.

Perhaps controversial opinion:

You should have to hold the button for 3 seconds while standing still to enter a ground vehicle or boat.

SHADES

When does The next map pack come to PS4?

I thought that when Second assault was announced for XB1 it had a month's exclusivity? But with DICE canning all other DLC work until further notice to fix the game your guess is as good as mine.

Have to say though, having played Second assault on the Bone I can't wait for the PS4 release, 64 man caspian with the new tweaks is da bomb :)

thenexus6

I know its probably not wise, but I got a PS4 today and want to get BF4 as its one of the only games I actually want on the system at the moment..

SHADES

I know its probably not wise, but I got a PS4 today and want to get BF4 as its one of the only games I actually want on the system at the moment..

I wouldn't say that, since the last update a week ago I've been playing without any issues at all & Im really getting into the MP now, best shooter out there at the moment IMO.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Game's been fine since the last patch mid-December. PSN is being hammered at the moment though so you might not be able to connect right away, just retry in that case and it should work

more bugs

- sounds does not work for the first few minutes on a map
- spawning with no gun for 30 seconds
- spawning as a infantry in air superiority
- air superiority no sounds in the first 30 seconds and the lock on image does not show

other then that its works a lot better then launch, but i still have no tried single player until i am 100% sure it wont erase my progress
Everything you mentioned is just loading issues, similar to texture pop in

Shadybiz

Game's been fine since the last patch mid-December. PSN is being hammered at the moment though so you might not be able to connect right away, just retry in that case and it should work

Yeah, I'm having trouble connecting right now, but it appears to be more of a PSN issue than a BF4 issue. Shame, because I had 2 hours to kill before going to a Christmas party. Ah well...a ton of people got a PS4 today, so I'm not too surprised.

thenexus6

Good to hear, might give it a shot then, all I have is Killzone and i'm just borrowing that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yup, with the exception of 'stutters/sync issues' on some servers.
But yeah... one patch away from BETA!!! XD

oh god the microstuttering/lag is driving me nuts

can't enjoy even one game
I feel you. :(

I'm having 2 issues

1. After a few games it doesn't load the next match. Ot just hangs. Not too bad though

2. I downloaded China Rising but it doesn't recognise that I have it. Anyone else having this issue?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Okay, do any of you guys have the digital version?

I'm so fucking annoyed right now. I was having issues with test range, it wouldn't load... just stuck on a perpetual loading screen forcing me to quit the application.

But I use test range a lot on PS3. I like the target range and barrel shooting. I play that more than the MP proper some days. So I delete 30 frigging gigs of BF4 and redownload the entire thing. First thing I do is load up Test Range and it actually loads the map! I select my weapons, hit spawn and then *BAM* game crashes.

It crashes every damn time. WTF.

I need to figure out what's going on here... so if any digital people could let me know if test range works for them, that would help. It doesn't seem to be a known issue when I google it, so it has me worried there's something going on with either my PS4, or the way downloads are working with my router/ISP and I'd like to get to the bottom of it while the system is still under warranty.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I have the PS4 digital version and the range was working last night.
That sucks brosky.

I'm having 2 issues

1. After a few games it doesn't load the next match. Ot just hangs. Not too bad though

2. I downloaded China Rising but it doesn't recognise that I have it. Anyone else having this issue?
Give it some time, i thought my games were freezing during load time but its actually loading a map (Or moving to another servers) without the Map Pictures.
Give it a try, maybe is that.

I'm having 2 issues

I got china Rising and i had to restart the game for it to recognize it. But then it said it will activate anytime in December and i cant go on any of the maps yet :( I think its a premium thing for now?

Lancang Dam gives me so much rubberbanding it's unplayable. I might get a second or two of it in other maps, but no matter when I play LD it rubberbands all the way through. I don't know if it's the map, or just bad luck, or what.

Fersis

Lancang Dam gives me so much rubberbanding it's unplayable. I might get a second or two of it in other maps, but no matter when I play LD it rubberbands all the way through. I don't know if it's the map, or just bad luck, or what.
Yup, its the worst for me.

Hey dudes with China Rising issues i found this (Dunno if it is the same issue you got)
BF4 is asking me to purchase China Rising but I already Entered my Code

If you had pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for Playstation 4, and redeemed the code on the Playstation 4 console (this does not apply to PS3 to PS4 upgrades), yet you are being asked to purchase the content, please take the following steps:

1. To download your content, first exit out of Battlefield to the PS4 home screen.

2. From the home screen, navigate to the PlayStation store, and choose Games -> BF4 -> Add Ons and select China Rising.

3. Once you select China Rising, you will see a prompt to buy for 14.99. This is actually a drop down menu. Push X to open the drop down list, scroll down to free and push X again.

Your content should then be available for download.

Fersis

That worked for me. Thanks

What a backwards way of doing it. Why couldn't it just download it when I redeemed the code? Instead it downloaded a 1mb file which I assumed was just unlocking the maps on the disk
Yay! Congrats brosky!

The only issue I've encountered has been an isolated case of stuttering for a few seconds.

Nobody's talking. I find that strange.
You mean about the issue? Some folks call it 'Rubber Banding' and its being investigated by DICE,

Ellite25

I just don't get why I can't play on the same team as my friends. I would hop in a game with 5-6 open slots and my friend would join my game from the main mp menu where is shows your friends playing. Tried like 10 times and always ended up on opposite teams. I just don't get it. Why would they make the game so difficult to play with friends? It seems like joining a friends game from the menu would put you on their team, but I guess that was too hard for DICE to implement. It's really frustrating.

And I also tried to invite him to a game from the battlelog menu as well and it just froze my game every time.

Has anyone found a work around for this?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Not sure about everyone else, but since the latest patch, I think I crashed like only once the entire time since. It might still be crashing for some, but stability has improved significantly since the game was first released.

MP wasn't working for me earlier today. Had to play some campaign, which was surprisingly entertaining.

Same. Sony or EA servers were down, played the SP for a bit, was expecting a clusterfuck, but ended up enjoying it a fair amount. Maybe because I went in with the lowest expectation possible? Oh, and managed to unlock the REX pistol, too! Yay!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
And in multiseated ground vehicles, pressing X should take you straight to the driver's seat when it's vacant. Cycling through the seats, complete with process lag, is no fun when you're being shot at and need to make a getaway.

Better yet, do what some other games (I'm thinking of Warhawk and Starhawk right now) do, and hold X/equivalent to pull up a small map of the vehicle and its seats, then use the left stick to choose which one you want to switch to.

I like the idea of a pilot eject alert too. Only once was I able to notice and pull a helicopter out of a drop before it was too late.

Same. Sony or EA servers were down, played the SP for a bit, was expecting a clusterfuck, but ended up enjoying it a fair amount. Maybe because I went in with the lowest expectation possible? Oh, and managed to unlock the REX pistol, too! Yay!

Unfortunately you have to beat the game once and the last level (which is ridden with several in-game cutscenes) three times to unlock three other weapons.

Larson

Banned
I have played 50 domination matches after i bought China Rising and i have not played a single map from the map pack. Whats the reason to $15 when the maps never comes up? am i playing the wrong game type?

I have played 50 domination matches after i bought China Rising and i have not played a single map from the map pack. Whats the reason to $15 when the maps never comes up? am i playing the wrong game type?

they wont come up in the standard rotation you need to look for servers running just the china rising maps in the server browser.

Top Bottom