• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
8bitgeorge said:
Aw, I think you meant me. I'm not a gunner, I'm a driver. By the way, I think you should try alternate fire (<3) instead of long range stuff.

It was a couple people yesterday. I do use alternate fire sometimes, but I really need the optics for those pinpoint long distance shots. My eyes kind of suck too. I sometimes have to sit closer to the tv so I can actually see shit. I was looking for 2 wookies yesterday and ran around the area they were in unable to find them until I actually RAN INTO one lol. He immediatly got a 40mm shotgun to the chest. Took me forever to find him, though.

reck: I knew you'd be back. I think I slept for like 15 hours or something total today, so I haven't been on yet. Still got some work to do (need to get this chapter edited before I can let myself play) but I'll be on later... and then we can try to setup a match if peeps are on.

I hosted the match last night (well, as close to hosting as you can get on PS3) and the lag was non-existent. So, maybe tonight will be the same.

Binabik15

My brother started to rock the 870 and I had to try it as well. Fucking awesome. The only thing that sours the experience is lag/hit detection. Without the ability to spray a "forgotten" hit (you get the hit confirmation, but the guy doesn´t react/die) often results in your death.

Best experience (fun, not point wise) today:

I got spawned into a match on port valdez shortly after the assault on the office m-coms started. Alpha was destroyed (tank´d) quickly. From bravo I run to the hill leading to bravo, crouched under the treeline and threw motion mines and grenades like crazy. I tried to throw C4 up to the attackers, but it didn´t fly high enough. Still destroyed a few tanks trying to come over it and a few bumrushers as well. The shotgun one-hit killed at this distance, so picking of guys camping to close to the ridge was easy. Never died after getting into position and most of the defenders spawned on me and soon we had unstoppable firepower.

I can´t really describe the whole thing, it was crazy. After several mortar strikes, exploding tanks, grenades going of everywhere, c4 explosions and the building in front of bravo getting destroyed the whole stretch of land between bravo and the hill was blackened and the hill itself was devoid of, well, anything. Not a single bit of the fence, the trees on it or anything ramained. It reminded me of

PS: Every time I want to play with GAFfers on my friend list their game is full :/ Any way to que up for the next empty slot or something?

PPS: Please teach me almighty c4 gods, I have no idea how destruction 2.0 works besides "shell it with a tank". How much c4 can one building take? Are there weak points?

FINALLY I'm done with the medic :D

Easily the most boring/annoying class to play as thanks to the LMGs.

BTW on the subject of lag, I noticed that there is considerably more teleporting/rubberbanding in conquest than rush which sucks because I play conquest %99 of the time.

todahawk

Ballistictiger said:
I was right then when I was mentioning it to Strike. I was like it has to be a blackhawk because you got 4 kills. The odds of 4 guys getting blown away by a single mortar is extremely low.

When it happened first thing I said was "Holy Shit!" :lol

Heh heh, yeah, I've gotten Blackhawks with mortar strikes before but never fully loaded and all the bonuses like that. I've caught them on the heli-pad on Valaparisio too (looking down from the 2nd set of m-coms). I really need to start looking for more opportunities like that. Starting to get good at timing it to catch max victims.

As soon as I called it in I zoomed in with my m95 to watch the action, one guy bailed and started running but got hit with a mortar round right on his head.

I did get a double kill a little later too, there were two snipers camping out next to each other back by the little shacks off to the side.

Had an epic lol moment earlier on tonight.

In the 2nd set of MCOMS on Arica, A had been armed so I went in and started throwing C4 on the MCOM. Unbeknownst to me, an enemy sniper had followed me in and killed me before I managed to set it off.

In the Killcam, I could see my squad mate battling with the enemy sniper in A. Then I just see this enemy Engi jump down and CG my squadmate. However, he set off my C4 instead and killed himself, the enemy sniper and the MCOM! :lol

Az

Ill be on tonight, haven't seen too many GAFfers play last couple of days. Had some good games the other day though.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Ill be on tonight, haven't seen too many GAFfers play last couple of days. Had some good games the other day though.

Yeah, i only saw you on for a bit last night. You were in my squad for a bit then *poof* :lol
GAF just rolled last night, when I was with the group we were 11-0...

@Strike: what did you guys roll overall last night for your W/L???

desu said:
Uhm for me the its not lagless at well, often enough there are rubber band matches on pc as well, even the server is almost stand next to me...

Never had that issue, even with 32+ matches I've only had a handful of lag instances in over 50 hours online so far.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheAzRim said:
Sorry man, these last days were awfully laggy for me, so im not playing much.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Yeah, i only saw you on for a bit last night. You were in my squad for a bit then *poof* :lol
GAF just rolled last night, when I was with the group we were 11-0...

@Strike: what did you guys roll overall last night for your W/L???

Uhh... I lost track. I think we lost 1 game, but that was right in the beginning when it was just me and Crak. I'm not really sure, man. Just that every time gaffers come out in force we have 3+ hours of win streaks. My K/D ratio went up to 0.88 from 0.87 though just from last night if that's any indicator. My W/L ratio is up to 2.16 now, as well.

Anyway, I should be done working here in about an hour or two and then I'll be on for the rest of the night (assuming it's not laggy)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:
Uhh... I lost track. I think we lost 1 game, but that was right in the beginning when it was just me and Crak. I'm not really sure, man. Just that every time gaffers come out in force we have 3+ hours of win streaks. My K/D ratio went up to 0.88 from 0.87 though just from last night if that's any indicator. My W/L ratio is up to 2.16 now, as well.

Anyway, I should be done working here in about an hour or two and then I'll be on for the rest of the night (assuming it's not laggy)

I'll be on a bit later too.

Evolved1

Fersis said:
Just tried.... lag. :(

Earlier today it was perfect. My first match I decided to go recon on Nelson Bay defense... and instead of hanging back I went on the attack. Front lines, I was ripping people up. I got ten dogtags (two melee pins) and was top of the scoreboards. But halfway into the match everything went to shit and we pulled into lagcity for the rest of my time online. It got really bad, had to turn it off for awhile.

mrwilt

Played the game Friday night and the lag was horrible. Hard to shoot somebody when they jump 10 ft from one spot to the other. Or I'm running and then jump back 10 ft all of a sudden. I love this game, but if Dice can't fix the lag issues on PS3 then I think I'm done with it. Too bad they can't figure out what is wrong.

Treo360

1stStrike said:
No lag right now. Me, crak and dan are playing.

Not sure if I'll bite. It was running pretty good at first and then, Star fleet came in and started teleporting people and fired ammunition all over the place.

Fucking Picard.

Evolved1

right now im in strikes game and the lag is the worst it's ever been... my squadmates are experiencing it too, so it isn't my connection.

Evolved1

Treo is right... it's Star Trek right now... we're teleporting.

"Hey Scotty, beam me.... um... back into the building I ran out of 6 seconds ago."

Unbelievable.

No_Style

recklessmind said:
completely unplayable.

I wouldn't say unplayable, but it was annoying. I just tried a couple of rounds and gave up. Pretty funny to see my brother play MW2 without any lag and then see BC2 with its dedicated servers behave so poorly.

Treo360

BattleMonkey said:
Playing and loving hardcore mode, but on some maps, recons just completely ruin the whole thing
Just know that when they snipe you, when you die it pretty much tells you where in the vicinity you were sniped from.

Treo360

BattleMonkey said:
On hardcore especially on the PC, no it doesn't.
Oh okay. I know on the console you die facing the general area, and, FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME!

Dice fix yo shit! It started out as my game of the Gen. and is quickly dying.

1stStrike

Banned
Taking a break. It's been perfect all night. We had some good games (only lost 1). Had some douchebags that just kept blowing up all the mcoms, but we shut them down in all the spots where they couldn't bum rush it with C4/rockets.

I got myself 3 gold dog tags tonight too (one a lvl 48) so that made my day.

Yeah it was perfect for Strike's squad even though I'm in it. I gotta admit Strike is our squad leader.

Take that WET clan and your cheap ass ways :lol

Edit: Correct clan name now.

1stStrike said:
Taking a break. It's been perfect all night. We had some good games (only lost 1). Had some douchebags that just kept blowing up all the mcoms, but we shut them down in all the spots where they couldn't bum rush it with C4/rockets.

I got myself 3 gold dog tags tonight too (one a lvl 48) so that made my day.

The guy who went all the way back to our base, camped till the we won the first base, and then knifed me once the zone restrictions was off....

made my day :lol

Sorry about the bad medic revives. However those "oh shit, there's still people around?" moments racked me up a nice killstreak

>.>

Ballistictiger said:
Yeah it was perfect for Strike's squad even though I'm in it. I gotta admit Strike is our squad leader.

Take that SEX clan and your cheap ass ways :lol

Wasn't it WET?

Ballistictiger said:
Oh yeah it's wet my bad. Damn I'm thinking in the gutter.

I was just glad I got out of that game with exactly 25 kills 25 death 1.00 k/D...

They were some hardcore spawn camping, C4ing, camping cheap asses...

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:

Take that WET clan and your cheap ass ways :lol

Edit: Correct clan name now.

I dunno about that. I just play more and shout a lot :lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
The guy who went all the way back to our base, camped till the we won the first base, and then knifed me once the zone restrictions was off....

made my day :lol

Sorry about the bad medic revives. However those "oh shit, there's still people around?" moments racked me up a nice killstreak

>.>

Wasn't it WET?

Oh, no worries man. Shit happens. I really did mediocre all night. I think I made it into the top 3 maybe once or twice? Was mostly 5th or 6th. I didn't have any bad ass moments or anything today. Just a whole lot of me getting my ass handed to me as soon as I killed someone. We were playing against a good team, though. I need to play against dumb asses if I want to get those last 5 combat excellence pins I need :p

Me and crak are taking a break and then we'll be back on if there's anyone else burning the midnight oil. I slept like 15 hours today so I've got a couple more hours of gaming in me before I crash.

1stStrike said:
We were playing against a good team, though. I need to play against dumb asses if I want to get those last 5 combat excellence pins I need :p

Other random moments:
When Striketh attempted to do the Faceless-PortValdez Shortcut:

*shooting at striketh* "come on you can't even shoot down a tree??"

then I started to see the Missie bouncing off and realize they probably patched it for the PS3...

----------------------------
During that one game when guys UAV-C4ed the crate I was like..

"you guys must be mad pissed/desperate to do that with still 32 tickets left":lol

*goes to sleep so he can be awake to say hi to the new Suckers class coming in tomorrow...*

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
You're always starting the squad that makes you the squad leader :lol

I'm the right hand man/first mate of kick ass of the squad.

True. It's probably the military in me. I'm one of those, "let's just get this shit done" kind of people, so I have no problem taking charge.

And, yea, you definitely kick the most ass on the squad, but Azrim is pretty good too. Whenever you guys are both on the squad I'm just like, "Guyyyysss, leave someone for me to kill. C'mooonnnnn" :lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
Other random moments:

then I started to see the Missie bouncing off and realize they probably patched it for the PS3...

Dude, those fucking trees are retarded. If you don't shoot them in JUUUUUST the right spot, the missiles bounce off and veer into outer space. I finally got it, but by then they were on the 3rd set of mcoms (there was only 2 players on the other team) :lol

I haven't gotten to use it yet. Every time we play on port valdez we start off defending and then the other team rage quits when we go to play against them (or we steam roll them so quick, by the time I shoot down the tree A and B are already armed).

Playing with gaffers is like... having auto-aim and gameshark. :lol

Nope we're PS3 players. A lot of the time we'll have like 4-10 GAF members in the same team and most of the time we make the other team rage quit.

Eternal Sleeper said:
Other random moments:

----------------------------
During that one game when guys UAV-C4ed the crate I was like..

"you guys must be mad pissed/desperate to do that with still 32 tickets left":lol

*goes to sleep so he can be awake to say hi to the new Suckers class coming in tomorrow...*
if the Stationary AT is bouncing off, you're hitting the leaves. you have to hit the stem, aim a little higher or lower. it takes 2 hits to shoot the top off. in the video you can see i shoot like 4-5 times, the first few bounced and i kept making minor adjustments.

1stStrike

Banned
When it comes to BC2, PS3-gaf > 360/PC-gaf

Faceless: Yea, it can be a bitch sometimes, especially in a pinch. Fucking stupid trees.

IceMarker

1stStrike said:
When it comes to BC2, PS3-gaf > 360/PC-gaf
Only in the regards that you guys actually post here often.

The only reason I haven't been playing is because I'm trying not to before the new patch comes out for PC that's supposed to make the game even better than when we were a few patches in. :D

That might be so. This thread is like our chatroom. I don't really see any post from PC/360 gamers.

Edit: Fixed my dumbass incoherent sentence and to say I'm done for the night.

The Faceless Master said:
if the Stationary AT is bouncing off, you're hitting the leaves. you have to hit the stem, aim a little higher or lower. it takes 2 hits to shoot the top off. in the video you can see i shoot like 4-5 times, the first few bounced and i kept making minor adjustments.
Which vid is that?

endlessflood said:
I thought they patched that out after the demo? I'm sure KM Troedsson or Alan Kertz said they had! Lazy mofos.
in the demo, you didn't need to do that, you could just sprint-jump up the hillside.

you can still get up on the hills between the 2nd and 3rd bases too, as long as you park a vehicle just right... from there, you can get all the way around to the far right of the 3rd base, and even all the way up and behind the 4th base, all the way to the helipad.

there's all sorts of map goodies on many of the maps. some very known, some not so much... nowadays, everyone seems to know you can just drive down the river and around back on Laguna Presa, so much so that i get kills from putting AT Mines down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom