• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC

eternaLightness said:
Now you tell me! lol. Since that team wasn't that good, I tried to find another game and was gonna add you to come. I'll be back on later.
Seems like today is the day to run into squads of 9 50s with the Gaf army disbanded.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
abuC said:
Seems like today is the day to run into squads of 9 50s with the Gaf army disbanded.

I would have finished that game... but they were <2.0> the buildings despite having like five more players than us.

Just stupid. Not fun to play against people like that.

abuC

Evolved1 said:
Sorry man... we were losing (last two tickets) and my phone was ringing. Figured I'd just switch to Deus Ex for a bit.

But that was boring so I came back... but it was nelson bay vs a bunch of douches. Had a long day, just not in the mood for that shit. Again, sorry.
It's cool, haven't had any luck today so I'm done for the day too.

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
I always seem to have good luck missing out on most of the losing games :)

Exam tomorrow *cries*
You're lucky, it seemed like every game we dropped into was against clans. The game I'm talking about it was Evolved, MarvelAssassin and myself as the only Gaffers vs a clan of 10, 9 of them being 50s.

Jtrizzy

Anyone know if there is a way to restrict servers to lower ranked players in the PC version? Being new to kb/m, my kd/r is about 1-3 right now lol.

abuC said:
You're lucky, it seemed like every game we dropped into was against clans. The game I'm talking about it was Evolved, MarvelAssassin and myself as the only Gaffers vs a clan of 10, 9 of them being 50s.

It's like we either get into a match against a crappy team where everyone leaves or against a team of all 50's.

Nabs

Jtrizzy said:
Anyone know if there is a way to restrict servers to lower ranked players in the PC version? Being new to kb/m, my kd/r is about 1-3 right now lol.
I've seen noob servers that restrict access to those under 35, but that's about all I can think of. Are you playing with anyone else or just going it alone? Maybe you should join up with some gaffers for some help?

Jtrizzy

where do most people have buttons designated? I'm having trouble changing weapons pressing the number keys is a pain because then I have to re orient my hand. I've got crouch toggle on the CAPS lock key, sprint on a mouse thumb key, melee clicking in the wheel, which I hate. Reload on r and e for enter exit. How do you move in vehicles though? I can't seem to find that in the options.

Nabs

The F keys (F1, F2...) will move you around a vehicle.

Shift - Sprint
Control - Toggle Crouch
Enter/Use - E
Spotting - Q
Reload - R
Melee - Middle Click (default)
I have my weapon hot keys mapped to the buttons down below (xcvb), but I'm a special case. I like 'em though.

Soma

man i'm kinda rusty after not playing on my PS3 for over a month

but i missed playing this game so much even though i really can't wait for BF3 and the beta.

CatPee

Well that wasn't too shabby for someone who was up for ~25 hours
3AQmK.gif

abuC

Jtrizzy said:
where do most people have buttons designated? I'm having trouble changing weapons pressing the number keys is a pain because then I have to re orient my hand. I've got crouch toggle on the CAPS lock key, sprint on a mouse thumb key, melee clicking in the wheel, which I hate. Reload on r and e for enter exit. How do you move in vehicles though? I can't seem to find that in the options.
Check this out:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0010YL6ZS/

I'm looking for alternatives to the keyboard.

olimpia84

Last night was a roller coaster for me. I started earlier with my usual Conquest with randoms playthrough and was kicking ass. I did so well that I got a bunch of PMs calling me a "hacker" (will post the messages later, it's hilarious).

Then later at night NoStyle and renderman joined and we were doing well up until the enemy team really glued and started to get their shit together. We won one Oasis round but by the next one they got some good reinforcements (it was 12 on 12 pretty much the whole night) and they kicked our ass. Then Arica rolled in and we got our asses kicked except this time was embarrassing because our team was made up almost exclusively of level 50s (the other team had level 30s and 40s). We lost both Arica rounds, then we played Laguna Alta, called for some reinforcements (Blue and Cat joined us) and we still couldn't win.....
That drove me nuts and I finally finished off one of my DualShock controllers (was already in bad shape but still...) by throwing it to the floor really hard.

We finally got payback on the next round which was Atacama desert. Won the first round, they stuck around for the second round but when they realized they would lose they started quitting. I hate that SO much. Overall not a good night, my KDR and W/L took a dive and I lost a DualShock controller *sigh*

Jtrizzy said:

I use WASD. I have changed 1 and 2 because having my handgun on 1 feels wrong. I use shift for crouch, and control for sprinting. I always use shift for crouching, because my first fps was Delta Force: Land Warrior, where it was default. E is use/enter, F is grenades. CAPS LOCK is my ptt button on ventrilo/mumble. I use mouse button 4 (first thumb button, registered as MB3 in BC2 for some reason) for spotting, and mb 5 for melee.

Not doing too well tonight. Sorry guys. Probably too tired from taking a 4 hour test (that I'll probably fail ~("~)
(even though we were steamrolling.)

Dr Prob

Banned
Hate getting killed by a platinum'd Saiga. Or USAS, but latley I mostly see the Saiga.

I understand going through the all-kit guns and getting the plats on these (I did it too), but some people/entire squads are just all Saiga all the time and they can fuck right off.

I may have been killed by a few platinum'd Saigas tonight.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Power was out all day while they worked on the lines... just when I get on gaf gets off. :/

Dream, I bet you did better on your exam than you think.

ran into a GAF crew member the other night

The Number 2 or something like that

He was playing with a dude that i've been playing with forever.

Odd how GAF reaches everywhere! Love running into a member randomly like that

abuC

Jtrizzy said:
Which is better, this or the Logitech G-13 for this kind of thing? Also, is it better to buy the razer version or the belkin?
I'm leaning towards the logitech g13 since it has an analog stick, where as the belkin/razer have a d-pad. Plus, you can replace the stick on the g13 with an xbox 360 one with a tiny bit of drilling.

I really have no intention of using wasd for movement.

Nabs

It's honestly a waste of money. You don't use WASD the way you use the analog stick, most of your movement happens with the mouse. You'll be holding W 90% of the time.

abuC

Nabs said:
It's honestly a waste of money. You don't use WASD the way you use the analog stick, most of your movement happens with the mouse. You'll be holding W 90% of the time.
It'll just have to be a waste of money then, the mouse is great, but having to use keys for movement just isn't an option for me. It's either that or try playing with a controller.

get over yourself.

quit acting like using a keybaord to play games is something only weird psycopath mutants play with.

PC MASTER RACE UP IN THIS SHIT, SON.

scogoth

Cuban Legend said:
get over yourself.

quit acting like using a keybaord to play games is something only weird psycopath mutants play with.

awasdadwctrlasdawdawrasdasctrldafasdwa1adwdasdw2asdctrlaasdawasd

Gotta love it

abuC

Cuban Legend said:
get over yourself.

wow-jenkins.jpg

:)

You - Cuban
Me - Cuban

I thought we were supposed to stick together, where's the love?

That's GLORIOUS pc master race to you.

1265760722914wdlm.jpg

PS. pc master race COMES BEFORE COUNTRY.

See you on the battlefield with your limited aiming speed, limited button mapping and limited accuracy controller device. BWAHAHA

CatPee

Cuban Legend said:
See you on the battlefield with your limited aiming speed, limited button mapping and limited accuracy controller device. BWAHAHA

Let's see you destroy our infinite circle-strafing choppers even without those. BWAHAHAHAHA

abuC

Cuban Legend said:

1265760722914wdlm.jpg

PS. pc master race COMES BEFORE COUNTRY.

Traitor!

Just remember this day when I revive you repeatedly despite you being out of ammo or surrounded by those that just killed you.

abuC said:
Traitor!

Just remember this day when I revive you repeatedly despite you being out of ammo or surrounded by those that just killed you.
I can deny revives in BF3 to NYAAAAAAAAHHHH PFFFFT

CatPee said:
Let's see you destroy our infinite circle-strafing choppers even without those. BWAHAHAHAHA
IF you move to PC you'll notice that those controllers wont help you fly a chopper half worth shit. PC choppers have actual weight and inertia to them.

BC2 Console choppers physics are on "easy-mode" to put it in a way you can understand.

-Believe me, I want you guys to move to PC, i just don't see you being competitive if you're going to use your controllers. We'll see during the Beta though.

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
PC master race are the ones buying the G-13 and n52te in the first place though :)
*high five*

I thought pc was all about the peripherals, the g13 is just a keyboard chopped up with a familiar analog on it.

Just for research purposes I will try using a controller here and there, after I get used to the mouse.

On a completely unrelated note, just played hardcore with a friend and I will never play that again. What a completely and utterly broken mode, damn is it annoying.

X-Frame

Is there a way to view your stats online?

I haven't been able to view mine or my weapons/gadgets while playing in the game in a week. It always thinks I'm a newb.

Heppell

Banned
Hey just installed BFBC2 but it wont let me do anything as i have to do this update, im doing the update and its taking for ever, is this common? as its my fist pc game and its been going for about 30mins and its about half way.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Nabs

If you're downloading an update (patches) you may have to sit tight for a while. The game launched at 5gb, but has grown to 8.5 with updates.

Heppell

Banned
Nabs said:
If you're downloading an update (patches) you may have to sit tight for a while. The game launched at 5gb, but has grown to 8.5 with updates.

ok cool.

and im downloading steam.. Which i presume thats its meant to take long.

Just got a new PC.

Heppell

Banned
Guys how do you make sure when you zoom in with a gun that with right click on the mouse that it oesnt lock, instead i wont to be able to hold it while zooming in.

What do i need to do in settings?

olimpia84

I got this message a week or two ago:

2011-08-29_20-04-54_245.jpg

Then three days ago the same dude had the 'misfortune' of being in the opposite team I was facing and sent me another message:

2011-08-29_20-05-17_351.jpg

After that message I replied "those are not hacks I'm using, it's called skill". He replied:

2011-08-29_20-05-56_673.jpg

2011-08-29_20-06-14_226.jpg

Without me saying anything he sent another message:

2011-08-29_20-06-40_15.jpg

2011-08-29_20-06-51_662.jpg

After that I replied: "PLEASE let me know when you upload the video to YT, I can't wait to watch it and see how I 'hack' the game. You do know there is something called spotting where the enemy appears as a big red triangle on your map, there's also something called motion sensors..." He replied:

2011-08-29_20-07-17_744.jpg

After that I replied: "no but lag and horrible hit detection (two well know problems in the game will do" I also wrote to him "I must be the worst hacker in the world with a KDR of 1.23, I guess I better improve my hacking skills!!"
After that I think he got really upset and didn't reply ;P

Top Bottom