• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
Are we playing by meppi time now?
Otherwise I'm going to screw studying for the night and get ready to play instead of going to library to study/fail.

WHOOTZ

A day off from studying can be good for you... so long as it's not too much of a habit. Come play Battlefield. You know you want to.

/peer pressure

Mikasangelos said:
Im assuming im playing with a buncha Gaffers at the moment, we are steam rolling.
Yes, we were doing a routine server clearing, the usual nightly work.

However, before we had the team stacked like we did, I actually lost two matches earlier in the evening. Not helping me reach that 7.0 w/l ratio, not at all.

blazinglazers said:
Ran into you guys for a few rounds last night... sweet jesus. If you murdered a 'friggles' on xbox live, that was me. Bastards.

Too bad I couldn't get your dog tags.

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
Are we playing by meppi time now?
Otherwise I'm going to screw studying for the night and get ready to play instead of going to library to study/fail.

WHOOTZ
I'll be playing later.

Evolved1

Yeah.. started lagging so I jumped off. Was fun until then though.

CatPee

Hate mail(?)

CfIhU.jpg

Also managed to convert a diehard CoD fan to Battlefield. He's just simply amazed at all the stuff you're capable to be in control of. Stuff we'd normally take for granted.

Evolved1

lazybones18 said:
200 M93R kills down, 300 more to go

I'm literally doing everything I can to speed up the progress

It'll finish a guy off pretty quickly... when I was trying to get my first gold star, if ever I happened upon someone with their back turned, it'd be one burst with the SMG and quick switch to the M93R to finish them off.

It's pretty good pistol to run around with. If you spend a lot of time using SMG's then it's not much different...

olimpia84

I'm also trying to plat the M93R. It's a bit of a pain in the rear but I'm getting used to it and I'm already sitting at 8 gold stars I think.

meppi

CatPee said:
Hahaha, hence the question mark. Seemed like he was complimenting my penis.
I would be very careful about replying though as it's probably another 12 year old that sent that message.
Wouldn't want to cops knocking on your door or anything. ;P

CatPee

Patrick Bateman said:
Are you kidding me, EA? What thell is going on with these statservers..

Is this about not being able to see up-to-date stats in the stats page or losing access to unlocked stuff? If you wanna look at your stats, just go to bfbcs.com.

If you're not getting a proper stat update and failing to connect when you try to search for a game, try resetting your router/connection.

CatPee said:
If you're not getting a proper stat update and failing to connect when you try to search for a game, try resetting your router/connection.

This. But I don't reset my router for this shit. It's EA's problem, not mine. Worked after a couple rounds, btw. Nevertheless quite annyoing.

OldJadedGamer said:
Argh, getting the all Silvers achievement is annoying in Vietnam. Sniping is tough on these maps and those are the only guns I have left to do.

I like bolt actions a lot better. I didn't care for the semi-auto snipers at first but they grew on me later. I found it a lot easier to gold out the semi-autos in Hardcore. I normally play regular.

Church RvB said:
I like bolt actions a lot better. I didn't care for the semi-auto snipers at first but they grew on me later. I found it a lot easier to gold out the semi-autos in Hardcore. I normally play regular.

I'm a hardcore guy so that's what I'm doing. I'm still shocked it takes two bullets with magnum to kill someone with a sniper even in hardcore. Btw, I'm a great sniper but these maps kind of suck for them. I have every single achievement in the game (even Onslaught) except for silver/gold and helicopter in Vietnam.

OldJadedGamer said:
I'm a hardcore guy so that's what I'm doing. I'm still shocked it takes two bullets with magnum to kill someone with a sniper even in hardcore. Btw, I'm a great sniper but these maps kind of suck for them. I have every single achievement in the game (even Onslaught) except for silver/gold and helicopter in Vietnam.

Those are the three that take the longest to get. You just have to keep on truckin' with those last three.

blurrygil

blazinglazers said:
Ran into you guys for a few rounds last night... sweet jesus. If you murdered a 'friggles' on xbox live, that was me. Bastards.
*Going back in time a few days ago*

Ah yes, I remember you being called out a few times during our games. You were a bit of an annoyance, however. So good job keeping us a lil frustrated.

I'd luv to say I'd add ya this weekend, but it's PAX weekend baybeh...!!

Church RvB said:
Those are the three that take the longest to get. You just have to keep on truckin' with those last three.

I figured. Trying to get them before everyone leaves for BF3. I finally got my silver, now going for gold...

Evolved1

I'm afraid only PS3GAF has The List™

That's how we roll though... I think maybe PCgaf has something scribbled on a napkin somewhere...

so minor offtopic:
Is it confirmed we're going to break the console/pc community apart for bf3?
I rather liked the interaction +
ps3 community dominating on this thread

Not to mention it's kind of a hassle to all that are double dipping.

Dreamgazer said:
so minor offtopic:

I would not mind hearing tales of RC helicopters dodging rockets left and right. And by left and right, I obviously mean right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, etc.

Dreamgazer said:
so minor offtopic:

i'm making the Xbox thread!

Dreamgazer said:
so minor offtopic:

Well you have to use this thread, because you guys don't have an awesome party chat to keep in contact with each other like us superior 360 users do. 4 person squad chat, Lol.

just kidding, I love you guys.

Darkshier said:
Well you have to use this thread, because you guys don't have an awesome party chat to keep in contact with each other like us superior 360 users do. 4 person squad chat, Lol.

hey now, it can be a curse too!

"someone's at Bravo"

*7 people rush B, leaving A open*

abuC

Darkshier said:

I was going to try playing with 360 GAF but my xbox keeps opening and closing the disc tray :(

The Faceless Master said:
hey now, it can be a curse too!

"someone's at Bravo"

*7 people rush B, leaving A open*
Lol, so true. Seems to happen just about every time, so amazing.

abuC said:
I was going to try playing with 360 GAF but my xbox keeps opening and closing the disc tray :(

Shoddy hardware is the bane of BC2 gafs existence. Your 360 not working, Seks and Faceless PS3's not working. Surprised one our of PC boys didn't fry a GPU or blow a power supply yet.

Would be so awesome to get all of us under one banner, one flag, one platform. But that is just too hard with all of us having different systems and certainly not everyone has the money to get a badass PC, not yet anyways.

Darkshier said:
Shoddy hardware is the bane of BC2 gafs existence. Your 360 not working, Seks and Faceless PS3's not working. Surprised one our of PC boys didn't fry a GPU or blow a power supply yet.

Would be so awesome to get all of us under one banner, one flag, one platform. But that is just too hard with all of us having different systems and certainly not everyone has the money to get a badass PC, not yet anyways.
and i wouldn't enjoy playing on PC anyway... i always hear all these stories of admins kicking for all sorts of crap and arbitrary rules like no spawn camping, etc... it's like... am i playing BATTLEFIELD or Battlefield + Server Admin's Random Whims?

X-Frame

Just started playing this again on PS3 in preparation for the BF3 beta. It's more fun now then I remember when I started.

I still can't choose what my class is yet. I find myself most of the time as Engineer because I love going anti-vehicle and the silenced weapons help a lot.

X-Frame said:
Just a 360 thread or a console thread? Should be both right?

360 needs to make their own console thread just because PS3 dominates them so bad over here. That's in terms of number, skills, and liklihood to win in a cross platform battle (as stated by Faceless himself.)

:)

prepares tea to watch console war fight

JJD

I took a break from BC2 to try to finish some games on my backlog. It's funny I can't play anything for more than 45 minutes anymore, while I can play BC2 from hours and hours...

I almost took 2 weeks to finish Bulletstorm, 1 week for Nier...I'm trying to clear as many games as I can until BF3 because I know I won't be playing anything else when it releases.

If I keep this up I don't know how I'll finish Deus Ex and Xenoblade Chronicles...

I think we should have a console thread and a PC thread...no need to separate PS3 from 360...

Dreamgazer said:
360 needs to make their own console thread just because PS3 dominates them so bad over here. That's in terms of number, skills, and liklihood to win in a cross platform battle (as stated by Faceless himself.)

:)

prepares tea to watch console war fight
that's an awful lot of words there... must be used to typing a lot for communication!!

X-Frame said:
Just started playing this again on PS3 in preparation for the BF3 beta. It's more fun now then I remember when I started.

I still can't choose what my class is yet. I find myself most of the time as Engineer because I love going anti-vehicle and the silenced weapons help a lot.
don't choose! play whatever class would help the team the most for their overall situation.

X-Frame said:
Just a 360 thread or a console thread? Should be both right?
i was joking...

Has anyone else run into this? My friend just got the game on 360 and when I choose to Join Session in Progress, it tries to load then it says it cannot connect to EA servers and there are no games. I get this all the time. Totally frustrating.

Oh, and I've been playing Vietnam so much that I went back to regular mode just to play with my buddy and did a couple rounds of White Pass and I was surprised just how much faster I ranked up. I barely get any points in Vietnam.

The Faceless Master said:
and i wouldn't enjoy playing on PC anyway... i always hear all these stories of admins kicking for all sorts of crap and arbitrary rules like no spawn camping, etc... it's like... am i playing BATTLEFIELD or Battlefield + Server Admin's Random Whims?

Yeah, this is what annoys me about online PC gaming the most. I'll play by DICE's rules, not the annoying admin's rules.

Top Bottom