• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC said:
On a completely unrelated note, just played hardcore with a friend and I will never play that again. What a completely and utterly broken mode, damn is it annoying.

How awful hardcore is, is always relevant to any discussion. Such a fucking pointless way to play the game. It quite literally sucks the fun out of life.

questionmark said:
How awful hardcore is, is always relevant to any discussion. Such a fucking pointless way to play the game. It quite literally sucks the fun out of life.
what are you talking about man, Hardcore Oasis Rush Defense is the absolute pinnacle of fun in BC2!

abuC

olimpia84 said:
I got this message a week or two ago:

2011-08-29_20-04-54_245.jpg

Then three days ago the same dude had the 'misfortune' of being in the opposite team I was facing and sent me another message:

2011-08-29_20-05-17_351.jpg

After that message I replied "those are not hacks I'm using, it's called skill". He replied:

2011-08-29_20-05-56_673.jpg

2011-08-29_20-06-14_226.jpg

Without me saying anything he sent another message:

2011-08-29_20-06-40_15.jpg

2011-08-29_20-06-51_662.jpg

After that I replied: "PLEASE let me know when you upload the video to YT, I can't wait to watch it and see how I 'hack' the game. You do know there is something called spotting where the enemy appears as a big red triangle on your map, there's also something called motion sensors..." He replied:

2011-08-29_20-07-17_744.jpg

After that I replied: "no but lag and horrible hit detection (two well know problems in the game will do" I also wrote to him "I must be the worst hacker in the world with a KDR of 1.23, I guess I better improve my hacking skills!!"
After that I think he got really upset and didn't reply ;P
That's hilarious, atleast he was somewhat respectful and wasn't cursing you out. I can't believe he didn't know about motion mines.

CatPee

olimpia84 said:
I got this message a week or two ago:

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/olimpia84/2011-08-29_20-04-54_245.jpg[IMG]

Then three days ago the same dude had the 'misfortune' of being in the opposite team I was facing and sent me another message:

[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/olimpia84/2011-08-29_20-05-17_351.jpg[IMG]

After that message I replied "those are not hacks I'm using, it's called skill". He replied:

[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/olimpia84/2011-08-29_20-05-56_673.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/olimpia84/2011-08-29_20-06-14_226.jpg[IMG]

Without me saying anything he sent another message:

[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/olimpia84/2011-08-29_20-06-40_15.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/olimpia84/2011-08-29_20-06-51_662.jpg[IMG]

After that I replied: "PLEASE let me know when you upload the video to YT, I can't wait to watch it and see how I 'hack' the game. You do know there is something called spotting where the enemy appears as a big red triangle on your map, there's also something called motion sensors..." He replied:

[IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/olimpia84/2011-08-29_20-07-17_744.jpg[IMG]

After that I replied: "no but lag and horrible hit detection (two well know problems in the game will do" I also wrote to him "I must be the worst hacker in the world with a KDR of 1.23, I guess I better improve my hacking skills!!"
After that I think he got really upset and didn't reply ;P[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/charibdes"]Dat stats.[/URL]

No wonder he mad.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
scogoth said:
Hardcore ruins the game.

I don't know... I really like friendly fire and don't mind the increased bullet damage. Don't even mind the reduced hud too much, but recons really ruin everything else about it. So I don't play. HC is where do-nothing bitches pad their K/D and objective hounds get penalized for trying to win the game.

If they had a server option w/ FF ON and only vehicle maps that would rotate Conquest/Rush variants, then I think I'd play this game 24/7.

But we don't get server options. Since apparently we are too retarded to read and click things.

CatPee said:
Dat stats.

No wonder he mad.

Ahaahaha he's a recon. Not surprised.

abuC

scogoth said:
How can you play for 300+ hours and still be that bad
I played a level 50 once that had 8 of his clanmates in the game, I thought we'd be toast but they kept losing to a group of randoms. I sent him a message saying they were the worst clan ever, after they started teabagging despite losing like 5 games straight. I checked his stats he had 1000 hours in, a .90 w/l ratio, a 1 to 1 kdr and a spm around 125.

Pete Rock

Wow, an M95 wookie (12x ballistic guaranteed) who maintains his strongest K/D with the most whorish class at ~sub 1.0 levels?

I can only imagine him "tailing" anyone who is not an abysmal failure in this game, like a dog who just got shown a card trick.

People that dumb are just not even worth your time, should've blocked him.

Evolved1

I want to see the video... I bet it'd be weird to watch olimpia play a match seen only through the view of a 12x scope. lol.

I guess that's how he "tailed" you. god...

meppi

CatPee said:
It's the Play-Call-of-Duty-In-Battlefield Syndrome guys. Nothing more than that.
Was thinking the same thing.

How the hell can you play for 338 hours and only be at level 30! :-/

Evolved1

meppi said:
Was thinking the same thing.

How the hell can you play for 338 hours and only be at level 30! :-/

Score per minute:54.08

True story.

olimpia84

Evolved1 said:
I want to see the video... I bet it'd be weird to watch olimpia play a match seen only through the view of a 12x scope. lol.

I guess that's how he "tailed" you. god...

The scary thing is I think he was being very serious about the whole filming thing and proving I was a "hacker". I'll let you guys know if the video makes it to YouTube :lol

meppi

Evolved1 said:
Score per minute:54.08

True story.

Holy hell!

What surprises me even more is how anyone could have a Squad score of 130 after that many hours and call himself a battlefield player. Wow, just wow.

In other news, I platinumed my sv98 yesterday, so I went back to my trusty GOL today.
Still loving it to bits.
That's all I seem to do.
On high vehicle count maps: AT4 tank busting engineer.
On low vehicle count maps: attack wookie of instant death and objective offense force. ;)

Evolved1

meppi said:
Holy hell!

What surprises me even more is how anyone could have a Squad score of 130 after that many hours and call himself a battlefield player. Wow, just wow.

In other news, I platinumed my sv98 yesterday, so I went back to my trusty GOL today.
Still loving it to bits.
That's all I seem to do.
On high vehicle count maps: AT4 tank busting engineer.
On low vehicle count maps: attack wookie of instant death and objective offense force. ;)

Nice.

I kind of want to platinum the M24... I'm about halfway there. I feel like GAF crew is strong enough that I could play straight up wookie and not harm the team's effectiveness much. Since I still get right in the thick of it anyway, especially when tickets are bleeding or whatever.

Out of practice though... I picked up a recon kit the other day and got countersniped even though I saw the guy first. Just shameful. I used to be really good. :(

olimpia84

Evolved1 said:
Nice.

I kind of want to platinum the M24... I'm about halfway there. I feel like GAF crew is strong enough that I could play straight up wookie and not harm the team's effectiveness much. Since I still get right in the thick of it anyway, especially when tickets are bleeding or whatever.

Out of practice though... I picked up a recon kit the other day and got countersniped even though I saw the guy first. Just shameful. I used to be really good. :(

You don't necessarily have to play sniper wookie to get them kills. You can tack a red dot or 4x scope to the rifle and go into attacking mode by quick-scoping; although it does take some time to learn it.

meppi

I can't really explain why the wookie thing clicks with me.
Well not all the time, since I do have days or even a full week where it feels I can't hit anything no matter what I do.

But when I get into the groove, it seems that the trick is not to over think your shots.
Go more by the feeling than by the aim or rational of what you should be doing.
It sounds stupid to try and explain I suppose. Could very well just say "use the force" or something. ;)

But that's just how it is.
You see someone, you swing your aim their way and without thinking it over, you zoom and shoot at almost the exact same time.
For far-off shots that obviously doesn't work. But close to medium-far range that's what seems to be successful.
Don't think I'm able to do it with any riffle though.

The GOL is still my favorite, but the SV98 is nearly as good.
Might be nothing but a personal preference, I'm not sure really.
From the other riffles I tried, none seems to come close to feeling like it belongs in my hands.

I feel the same way about the G3 when I'm en engineer.
Trying to use the UMP-45 right now, but it's just not the same, just like the UZI.
I can use them somewhat decently, but when faced with rather bothersome opponents, I feel the need to switch back to the G3 to even things out. And most of the time, it really does make a difference.

When I was playing KZ2 just like I'm playing BC2 now, I always went for the StA-14.
Even though very few people tried to master that particular weapon, it was my baby.
So when they created the cheap knockoff that is used in KZ3, I knew the game wouldn't be the same.

Even though the G3 can be used as a full automatic weapon, I always use it as a semi-automatic one, unless I'm in close quarter combat and in trouble.
Strange really, how I tend to prefer certain characteristics in two very different games.

olimpia84 said:
You don't necessarily have to play sniper wookie to get them kills. You can tack a red dot or 4x scope to the rifle and go into attacking mode by quick-scoping; although it does take some time to learn it.
Absolutely. 4x is the way to go. Always.
Unless you're playing one of the huge maps and there are lots of campers.
But even then I prefer to use the 4x because when get closer to the action, you immediately get worthless to the team with a 12x.
Guess I'd rather AT4 those pesky snipers that my 4x can't quite reach. ;)

abuC

olimpia84 said:
Damn that sucks! On the "plus" side the slim has gone down on price ;(
I'm not sure if I'm going to give Sony any more of my money at this point. I paid $550 for this just to crap out on me 4 years later.

abuC said:
I'm not sure if I'm going to give Sony any more of my money at this point. I paid $550 for this just to crap out on me 4 years later.

I guess you're going full on pc then?

I'm still collecting funds to buy a ps3 for Sek.
Want to do the same for you?

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
I guess you're going full on pc then?

I'm still collecting funds to buy a ps3 for Sek.
Want to do the same for you?
I'm undecided maybe when I'm less pissed off I'll reconsider, but for now if I see Ken Kutaragi or Kevin Butler in the streets I'm putting hands on them.

abuC

eternaLightness said:
Dang Abu, sorry about your ps3. I have an 80gig and it's been kinda iffy lately so I'm a bit worried. I've only had it for 3 years.
I got my 360 running, I might buy a used bc2 and try playing with them. I'm not sure how long that'll last, my 360 randomly opens the disc tray.

Evolved1

abuC said:
I got my 360 running, I might buy a used bc2 and try playing with them. I'm not sure how long that'll last, my 360 randomly opens the disc tray.

Don't forget about that VIP crap...

Good games with Dave. Even though we lost that last round, we held them of pretty well. ~200 more kills until I platinum the SV98. It's become my favorite sniper rifle.

Evolved1

Anyone got a couple hours for some matches? Message me on PSN if so... kinda feel like rolling recon for a bit.

Cuban Legend said:
SO i never noticed this till now but...
[IG]http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game20100518074733utq.jpg[/IMG]
DICE BE TROLLIN'

Yeah killing people is it's main purpose. Sure it can be shot at a tank... but it's more of a people killer than a tank buster.

also

Cuban Legend said:

"Don't worry the kitchen will be there when you get back"

hahahahhahahahahha

*checks stats*

WTF? I really need two more kills for TT33 Gold Star 5? Ugh. Might as well reach the next gold. DICE really fucked up making the whole Vietnam DLC available so late

lazybones18 said:
*checks stats*

WTF? I really need two more kills for TT33 Gold Star 5? Ugh. Might as well reach the next gold. DICE really fucked up making the whole Vietnam DLC available so late

yeah no one is ever fucking playing it :(

MidnightRider said:
yeah no one is ever fucking playing it :(

Well, I just got the Gold Star 5 for both the M40 and TT33

Hardcore mode is fucking deserted, but it does appear that people still play the Vietnam maps on Normal

Top Bottom