• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

xclaw

Darkshier said:
10 minute video of a wookie? Ewwwww.

Heh, guess I should have posted a warning. I find it a nice break from what seems a couple months of nothing but AT4 montages..... or at least it seems that way.

CatPee

But AT4 montages = best montages.

Patrick Bateman said:
I don't understand them. :(
How can they it that well with those things? I never could that..

Practice, practice, more practice, and don't follow the square unless the target's close by. I used to hate the thing until I figured out that following my own judgement worked far better than using the square. Now it's choppers going down left and right because of me :).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Patrick Bateman said:
I don't understand them. :(
How can they it that well with those things? I never could that..

You don't even have to zoom in to control it... you can just fire and guide it with teh right stick... this way the scope doesn't block your vision.

You have to lead your target a bit and then guide it into them. I'm starting to get pretty good with it. You would not believe how many near misses I have on chopper maps! One time I put it through the blackhawk doors lol. But more and more lately I'm connecting. Feels good.

vaelic said:
anyone know if a usb adapter exists for logitech wingman extreme 3d digital joystick? i bought one from someone but it didnt come with the USB adapter... seen in this picture

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Wi...115?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5ec769f3

What you are looking for is a 15-pin serial to USB a.k.a. gameport to USB adapter.

I would tell you to check the logitech product page first to see if they can allow you to order parts (doubt it for such a legacy device.)

You can also find generic onlines for around 5-15 dollars.
Whether they will actually work or if there's any drivers for your OS is a whole other questions. Best to just get a new gamepad/joystick for all the hassle.

abuC

Good games, I stopped playing because it seemed like we were in a constant loop of Valparasio, Isla and Port Valdez. I didn't squad up because Dynames joined me, didn't want to leave him without any help.

abuC said:
Good games, I stopped playing because it seemed like we were in a constant loop of Valparasio, Isla and Port Valdez. I didn't squad up because Dynames joined me, didn't want to leave him without any help.
More like constant loop of...
EHIdh.jpg

They've put up a good fight during the Valparasio attack and Valdez round.
It's been awhile since I've seen the suicide ATV tactic being used.

I noticed your friend BLU was on the other team (he was the one rocketing B in Valdez), but I guess we didn't have room to invite him.

Dreamgazer said:
(Don't give me that this makes recon useless excuse, I run attack recons perfectly fine.)

I'm not worried about recons being useless, but I prefer attack recon too, only with the bolt action rifles. I don't mind a nerf, but not being able to one shot anyone with a body hit, no matter how close you are, is going a little overboard in my opinion.

Anyway, that guy is great at quick scoping and no scoping, and has pretty good aim. But almost all kills are body shots, would have liked to see some more headshots.

CatPee

Dreamgazer said:
1)
(Don't give me that this makes recon useless excuse, I run attack recons perfectly fine.)

Eh, it's a hell of a thrill to be running around with a bolt-action on the frontlines. The knowledge of of the fact that if you miss, you're fucked makes it very exciting. Besides, this is Battlefield, and an integral part of it are the outlandish stunts and actions you can do. Not to mention most people run around with a VSS w/ RDS/4x anyway. Best way to nerf Recon is to disallow the use of close-range scopes on the rifles.

Spl1nter

xclaw said:
Today's Pixle Enemy upload is nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbj9QYw7VGc

The finale at the end is... just.... wow.

I dont get what is impressive about a sniper who:

1) speeds up his video footage to make him seem better
2) who cannot headshot a single enemy

Its so easy to kill shit players like this in the game. They are completely useless. Just equip body armor and they cannot get a single kill.

Spl1nter said:
I dont get what is impressive about a sniper who:

1) speeds up his video footage to make him seem better
2) who cannot headshot a single enemy

Its so easy to kill shit players like this in the game. They are completely useless. Just equip body armor and they cannot get a single kill.

Also, they are playing hardcore so every sniper bullet is one hit kill.

Evolved1

Power was on the fritz last night due to the storm... I lost power and then didn't want to risk bricking the PS3 so I called it for the night.

None of those games were very challenging. We were stacked and half the time I felt either bad or embarrassed for the other team. They were awful in every game.

That first set of crates we took on Val, in like record time, I just assumed the other team had quit out (due to rolling them the game before) but when I checked the scoreboard their side was nearly full. Embarrassing.

Took out some choppers with the AT4 and near-missed just as many. :/ NoStyle was on the money though. Seemed like you had about one shot at the Blackhawk if you wanted the points, because someone was talking it down straightaway. They started nose diving it into the crates at the end. That's how you know you have a team beat. lol

abuC said:

I'd take those maps all day every day. Lately every time on turn on BC2 seems like it's just fucking Whitepass and Cold War over and over. I hate both of those maps. They immediately take me out of the mood.

Evolved1 said:
Power was on the fritz last night due to the storm... I lost power and then didn't want to risk bricking the PS3 so I called it for the night.

None of those games were very challenging. We were stacked and half the time I felt either bad or embarrassed for the other team. They were awful in every game.

That first set of crates we took on Val, in like record time, I just assumed the other team had quit out (due to rolling them the game before) but when I checked the scoreboard their side was nearly full. Embarrassing.

Took out some choppers with the AT4 and near-missed just as many. :/ NoStyle was on the money though. Seemed like you had about one shot at the Blackhawk if you wanted the points, because someone was talking it down straightaway. They started nose diving it into the crates at the end. That's how you know you have a team beat. lol
that's when you start putting AT mines near the crates!

X-Frame

Questions for your guys and apologies since I know they've been answered somewhere here:

1) Where can I read up on the different versions of the tanks (like armor, weapons, etc)? Each time I get into a tank I don't know what I am getting into, if there's extra buttons that fire additional weapons (i.e. in the OP it mentioned ALT gives extra weapons to some).

2) What's the easiest way to down a helicopter with a good pilot who is circling like a madman? Is it the self-guided launcher?

3) How come when I sometimes shoot a rocket at a tank and it obviously hits it but I get no feedback like points suggesting I damaged it? Just lag?

4) How do you enter third-person view in a tank/vehicle on a console?

5) Finally, what's the best way to deal with spawning in a game with none of your unlocks? I am just quitting the game now and then re-joining and that seems to work, but just wondering if there's a better way to prevent that from happening in the first place or something.

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.

X-Frame said:
Questions for your guys and apologies since I know they've been answered somewhere here:

1) Where can I read up on the different versions of the tanks (like armor, weapons, etc)? Each time I get into a tank I don't know what I am getting into, if there's extra buttons that fire additional weapons (i.e. in the OP it mentioned ALT gives extra weapons to some).
T-90 and Abrams: Driver gets a coax machine gun as ALT fire weapon
BMD and Bradley: Driver gets a guided missile as ALT fire weapon

Bonus:
Apache and Havoc: Pilot gets a hellfire missile that locks onto traced vehicles, Gunner gets tracers
UAV: Pilot gets a coax machine gun

2) What's the easiest way to down a helicopter with a good pilot who is circling like a madman? Is it the self-guided launcher?
i'd say the Carl Gustav unless you have LOTS of practice with the AT4

3) How come when I sometimes shoot a rocket at a tank and it obviously hits it but I get no feedback like points suggesting I damaged it? Just lag?
you have to do a certain amount of damage to get points. you should also see a hit marker (small white x) when you land a hit.

4) How do you enter third-person view in a tank/vehicle on a console?
up on the d-pad.

5) Finally, what's the best way to deal with spawning in a game with none of your unlocks? I am just quitting the game now and then re-joining and that seems to work, but just wondering if there's a better way to prevent that from happening in the first place or something.
sometimes they unlock after playing on the server for a while. there's no way to prevent it, it just happens when the game doesn't get a response from the EA stat servers in a certain amount of time.

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.
np.

Drewsky

I played for a couple hours last night and unlocked a shitload of stuff. Now, the next day, they're all gone, I have none of the unlocks. What the fuck?

Evolved1 said:
I'd take those maps all day every day. Lately every time on turn on BC2 seems like it's just fucking Whitepass and Cold War over and over. I hate both of those maps. They immediately take me out of the mood.
yeah, White Pass, Nelson Bay and Cold War are kryptonite to teams that are getting crushed... so many quitters sometimes! the worst is when you get 2 of them back to back... server clearing effect.

i like them though!

Drewsky said:
I played for a couple hours last night and unlocked a shitload of stuff. Now, the next day, they're all gone, I have none of the unlocks. What the fuck?
just means the stats server was down or too busy when you tried to connect just now.

Evolved1

Cold War, like White Pass before it, is a fucking failure.

You suck at small maps DICE.

Any particular reason why it seems the servers has been pretty janky lately? Everytime I log on now it take awhile to update stats then I'm at level one until after my first match. I wonder if BF3 is having any affect on it. Prepping servers maybe.

Evolved1

Every team quits! And then it's 30 mins of 3-4 pussy recons who wont come down off the hill.

Either one of those maps come up in the rotation and I turn off my PS3.

olimpia84

Stats have been down for most of the evening. Does anybody know if your kills still count towards your stats? I had a few good rounds with the Garand (which I never use) so hopefully those kills got saved.

eternaLightness said:
what did they fix? I don't like that map on Rush.
When the map first came out, the 2nd and 3rd sets of crates were inside of destructible buildings. Once you took the first set, you could just blow up the rest. It was really hard to defend after the attacking team took the first set. Now there is 1 crate in both the 2nd and 3rd sets that are located outside of their former destructible buildings.

Evolved1 said:
Every team quits! And then it's 30 mins of 3-4 pussy recons who wont come down off the hill.

Either one of those maps come up in the rotation and I turn off my PS3.

Ok, not to be a jerk but I'm trying to get kills with my snipers for an achievement and I'll hold up on a hill as a recon when everyone else quit and all bases are taken since I can get so many free kills. Everyone is just standing around and so many people to choose from. I'll spend a good 30 minutes like that.

Mr Sandman said:
Now the last set is so easy to defend since you spawn right next to the crate. Hooray for lazy balancing.
must be different on PC with 16 defenders... just have to send some Gustavs, Mortars and C4 their way from all sides...

rockscar & abuC> sorry that i just abruptley left on that last part of Arica.
Power went out for a minute. Then I figured it's a sign that I should go study.

abuC

Great game on arica (defending), rock and I literally had 3 tanks and about 5 infantry trying to take us out. They tried everything in their power to get us and we finished the game without dying. That whole right side of the map with cars and destroyed tanks is a field of death.

Dream no problem, those were some good games.

In response to the video posted earlier (and sort of in general too), any sniper kill in hardcore is pretty unimpressive. I really enjoy that this game makes you go for the headshot if you want a one shot one kill. One body shot to kill from a distance is weak.

Also AT4, feels good man.

Makoto

I just want to say, if you're the type of player who plays Rush and blatantly stays away from the objective thinking you're capable of flanking the enemy or some bullshit tactic you're awful at, please continue playing this game and don't ever buy Battlefield 3.

TommyT

I spent the weekend building up my Assault class, as previously I played only Recon up to rank ~22. I'm falling in love with the M16A2 and 4x optical (magnum ammo as the other spec). I haven't played around with the other specializations for weapons as I tend to get locked into a set few early... but this weapon is just so much fun.

JJD

TommyT said:
I spent the weekend building up my Assault class, as previously I played only Recon up to rank ~22. I'm falling in love with the M16A2 and 4x optical (magnum ammo as the other spec). I haven't played around with the other specializations for weapons as I tend to get locked into a set few early... but this weapon is just so much fun.

You should try the AN-94. No assault weapon comes close to it if you're engaging enemies at mid-distance.

Before the nerf, it was really good even at close encounters, provided you could pull the trigger fast enough. Best assault weapon IMO, I've got 4.000 plus kills with it.

TommyT said:

I love the Assault but only on maps with no tanks.

JJD

OldJadedGamer said:
I love the Assault but only on maps with no tanks.

You can play assault effectively on every single map on Rush. Especially if you're attacking. On conquest class balance is more important and I tend to run engineer. But I usually run with whatever class I think is more suited to my squad. If everyone is a engineer I'm usually an assault providing ammo and so on...CQC Recon is almost essential on some maps with their motion trackers.

abuC

TommyT said:
Use the 40mm shotgun attachment, it's the most underrated weapon in the game in my opinion.

abuC

Great success, my skill level went up this weekend for the first time since I started playing again. My most prized stat is win/loss ratio, getting close to the 7 to 1 goal which is Faceless territory.

abuC said:
Great success, my skill level went up this weekend for the first time since I started playing again. My most prized stat is win/loss ratio, getting close to the 7 to 1 goal which is Faceless territory.
Yeah, I am almost at the 7.0 W/L ratio as well, just below it at a 6.86. Pretty happy with my 2066 wins to 301 losses though. Also stoked that I finally have 10k more kills than deaths.

Then we get to start it all over again in a few months, can't wait!

The Faceless Master said:
ok, so what's up with this? GAF Member? Lurker? i don't even remember them being in the game, wtf!?
Lol. I have seen plenty of hate messages, even some congratulatory messages. But a message saying to please stop whooping someones ass? That is a new one to me.

-Silver-

Patrol boats in Laguna Presa is so annoying. You may know where the boat it is but it takes so long just to get in position just to be able to destroy the boat.

abuC

Evolved and Marvel, why'd you guys leave? I was assembling reinforcements on my friend lists, about 6 level 50s were on their way.

Now you tell me! lol. Since that team wasn't that good, I tried to find another game and was gonna add you to come. There was just one ticket left. I'll be back on later.

Evolved1

abuC said:
Evolved and Marvel, why'd you guys leave? I was assembling reinforcements on my friend lists, about 6 level 50s were on their way.

Sorry man... we were losing (last two tickets) and my phone was ringing. Figured I'd just switch to Deus Ex for a bit.

But that was boring so I came back... but it was nelson bay vs a bunch of douches. Had a long day, just not in the mood for that shit. Again, sorry.

Top Bottom