• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TommyT

CatPee said:
You... you don't know how to spot?
LLShC.gif

LOL! It usually just does it on it's own (and relatively fast as I mentioned whenever I scan distant brush).

edit: Apparently it's Q... who knew!
edit 2: Q does all sorts of things! AMAZING!

CatPee

TommyT said:
LOL! It usually just does it on it's own (and relatively fast as I mentioned whenever I scan distant brush).

edit: Apparently it's Q... who knew!

Protip: You can spot even when you're not a Recon. Always do it. ALWAYS.

Also, swap out the Spotting Scope for Explosives Mk.2.

TommyT

CatPee said:
Protip: You can spot even when you're not a Recon. Always do it. ALWAYS.

Also, swap out the Spotting Scope for Explosives Mk.2.

I don't have that yet. Why am I doing this when I'm shooting people in the DOME YO!? Does it make my M95 explode in their face :D!?

CatPee

TommyT said:
I don't have that yet. Why am I doing this when I'm shooting people in the DOME YO!? Does it make my M95 explode in their face :D!?

Mortars + EXPLMK2 = shit gets wrecked.

And please for the love of god use everything else but the M95. Power doesn't matter when shooting people in the dome. Reload speed, fire rate, and not having a noticeable-as-hell giant gun does.

TommyT

CatPee said:
Mortars + EXPLMK2 = shit gets wrecked.

And please for the love of god use everything else but the M95. Power doesn't matter when shooting people in the dome. Reload speed, fire rate, and not having a noticeable-as-hell giant gun does.

Well I'm not always shooting people in the head as much as I'd like to admit. I prefer the power for my play-style ;). I will be doing more Q'ing to spot people and issue orders now though!

CatPee

TommyT said:
Well I'm not always shooting people in the head as much as I'd like to admit. I prefer the power for my play-style ;). I will be doing more Q'ing to spot people and issue orders now though!

Proest tip you'll ever get in your life:

It's 2 shots to kill for EVERY bolt-action. Power doesn't matter over rang-, errrr, in your "playstyle".

Also, few months-old Slim for $172 shipped. Wanna buy it for abuC, Dream? I could cough up some money to toss into the fund.

TommyT

CatPee said:

It's 2 shots to kill for EVERY bolt-action. Power doesn't matter over rang-, errrr, in your "playstyle".

Also, few months-old Slim for $172 shipped. Wanna buy it for abuC, Dream? I could cough up some money to toss into the fund.

I thought the M95 will 1-shot people at close range? Don't ask why I have a sniper rifle at close range, that isn't the point here... lol

Usually I'm putting body shots on people (thanks Halo?) when I see someone running along and don't want to risk the 1 : 1000 shot to headshot them. Will either make them hide (usually in a place I can still see them) or they will be killed easier by whomever they run into.

But to your point, yes the GOL is better if I wanted to just sit and go for some stupidly long range shots. Maybe it's the maps I play on (I am 90% on an 8v8 server) but they're never really that large.

CatPee

TommyT said:
I thought the M95 will 1-shot people at close range? Don't ask why I have a sniper rifle at close range, that isn't the point here... lol

Usually I'm putting body shots on people (thanks Halo?) when I see someone running along and don't want to risk the 1 : 1000 shot to headshot them. Will either make them hide (usually in a place I can still see them) or they will be killed easier by whomever they run into.

But to your point, yes the GOL is better if I wanted to just sit and go for some stupidly long range shots. Maybe it's the maps I play on (I am 90% on an 8v8 server) but they're never really that large.

EVERY bolt-action will bring someone's health down below 50% with a body shot if they don't have Body Armor. That's why it's a 2-hit kill for with all of them.

If you're going close-range, you use every other bolt-action BUT the M95 since they all 1HK anyway. The slow-ass reload speed and fire rate WILL kill you.

More people here "quickscope" than you'd think. In every game I play with PS3GAF, at least one of us will do it.

CatPee said:

If Abu says ok we'll go for it. The problem is that he isn't in the us, so getting it to him is a whole other problem.

x-frame said:
I had no idea the Warhead spec transferred to passengers in vehicles as well.

Certain stats are stackable, like v-elec, v-warhead, v-reload.

Evolved1 said:
Optics, for example. Have no idea what it does.

Optics is usually used for tank sniping.
However, its real strength is using it for the UAV - you can pretty much make precision shots/spot people without venturing close to enemy territory.

My preferred main vehicle spec is reload over warhead. Just because I'm more concerned with close tank-to-tank battles. Second is v-elec, just to diss evolve everytime he runs into a tank mine despite of constant visual and audio warnings.

-Silver-

Finally managed to platinum every gum in the Engineering class.

TommyT said:
I thought the M95 will 1-shot people at close range?
It is. I think the range is 18m for the M95 and 15m for the rest of the bolt action, but I don't know if that includes magnum ammo.

For vechicles I use reload/smokes. Smokes is a must for the Hind/Blackhawk and I use reload for everything else. It's a shame the reduced the benefits of reload, then again, tanks were reloading every two seconds before the nerf.

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
If Abu says ok we'll go for it. The problem is that he isn't in the us, so getting it to him is a whole other problem.
Thanks man, I have money for another ps3, I'd say donate that one to Seks. I'll probably just get mine fixed in a few weeks, hopefully mine is salvaged since I like having all the features. Oh, I'm from NY, right outside NYC by about 15 mins.

Playing on xbox is different, people seem abnormally aggressive to the point it can hurt their team on defense.

Dr Prob

Banned
-Silver- said:
Finally managed to platinum every gun in the Engineering class.

Nice. PP-2000 is the last one I have left in vanilla. Slow going:

2UWzr.jpg

endlessflood said:
Still far and away the best Hitler Reacts vid, I just about had tears coming down my face I was laughing so hard!

Yeah, it was really well done and spot on regarding the beta:

"Each game, a bigger clusterfuck than the last. And it's only one map!"

abuC said:
Thanks man, I have money for another ps3, I'd say donate that one to Seks. I'll probably just get mine fixed in a few weeks, hopefully mine is salvaged since I like having all the features. Oh, I'm from NY, right outside NYC by about 15 mins.

Playing on xbox is different, people seem abnormally aggressive to the point it can hurt their team on defense.

well, as much as I love to give it to seks.
I have no way to contact him now that he is banned.

told him to leave a contact info and all...

CatPee

abuC said:

Ahahaha, yea I was about to point Mount Vernon, NY out to Dreamgazer. Guess he assumed abuC = you're in Cuba
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, if you're gonna get it fixed, you should look into getting it reballed (having lead-based soldering put in) rather than just reflowed, which should ensure that it stays alive for a long period of time. It's also cheaper than sending it in to Sony.

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
well, as much as I love to give it to seks.
I have no way to contact him now that he is banned.

told him to leave a contact info and all...

He was online on the PSN some weeks ago. Seks, if you're reading this, try to log in your account from a friend PS3 and send contact details to Dreamgazer.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
Second is v-elec, just to diss evolve everytime he runs into a tank mine despite of constant visual and audio warnings.

Lol I swear to god I'm just not used to looking for it on the radar... no one but you uses it. Haha.

You should yell at me before I run over mines... I won't get mad, I promise.

Is Seks perma'd?

CatPee said:
Ahahaha, yea I was about to point Mount Vernon, NY out to Dreamgazer. Guess he assumed abuC = you're in Cuba
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, if you're gonna get it fixed, you should look into getting it reballed (having lead-based soldering put in) rather than just reflowed, which should ensure that it stays alive for a long period of time. It's also cheaper than sending it in to Sony.

Abu and I had that conversation before...I just forgot that he's actually in NY

I just got confused since JJD, him and I were in a psnchat once and they were discussing brazil/countries of origin etc.

Evolved1 said:
Is Seks perma'd?

Would you be surprised if he was?
>.>

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
Would you be surprised if he was?
>.>

Well... no.

I always figured his style would be safe in the BC2 thread since mods don't even really venture in here... but in some of the gaming threads you have to tread a bit more carefully. lol.

Anyway... good games guys. Thanks for the support... Gig and I were having one hell of a time with the worthless teammates. We joined Isla attack and they only had 24 tickets left and both crates were still up. Plus were were outnumbered. Of course I destroyed both crates (Gig helped too haha) with only two tickets remaining. Eventually won.

/smugandbadassgif

Jas said:
Good games Evolved1, Dreamgazer, and CodMaul.

After 5 days of no power felt good to be back :)

Ugh I know... power has been out here too.

meppi

Evolved1 said:
Anyway... good games guys. Thanks for the support... Gig and I were having one hell of a time with the worthless teammates. We joined Isla attack and they only had 24 tickets left and both crates were still up. Plus were were outnumbered. Of course I destroyed both crates (Gig helped too haha) with only two tickets remaining. Eventually won.
Ah so Giggidy is indeed from Gaf as well?
I couldn't remember how I got him on my friends list.
Love playing with the guy as well. Always tend to join him if I see him online. :)

Evolved1

meppi said:
Love playing with the guy as well. Always tend to join him if I see him online. :)

The other day he asked me, "What is Gaf?"... lol.

I think he just met some gaffers online. I know he plays a lot with Manny (who I'm actually not sure is Gaf) and Ejas (who obviously is).

Either way I like playing with Gig... he is pretty talkative on the mic which is fun sometimes and I trust him to fly/pilot vehicles. Especially the blackhawk. I used to feel obligated to fly that shit most of the time and now I can just sit back and be the gunner. Less responsibility, more points. And you can just ruin people's day man, when there's a decent pilot/gunner combo. Cool thing about Gig in the BH is that he'll give you a pretty stable gunning platform, and call out priority enemies that you might not have seen, but most importantly... he'll actually drop you over an objective, in pretty good position, if you ask or if the ticket count is bleeding and we need to change up the attack.

So many pilots never do that.

meppi

Hehe, thought so. :)

Could be a friend of a friend who's on GAF or something.
Even though I don't talk on the mic since my spoken English is beyond terrible and I'm actually quite shy due to it, I do listen when people mention stuff.
Barely ever have my ears on though. ;)

Something that stayed with me from yesterday is that one random guy in my squad before you joined.
I was in point C of Port Valdez trying to recapture the base. Since I was driving a tank, he spawned on me and all of a sudden started yelling "HE'S IN THE BUILDING, HE'S IN THE BUiLDING!" over and over again.
Problem is that there were 3 buildings around me along with a couple of containers, so I had no idea what he was yelling about.
When I tried to pinpoint exactly what he was shooting at, I couldn't since he fired all over the place. Yet he got upset at me for blowing holes in every single building to see if I could find an X somewhere. lol

"which building?"

c'mon, you know how you get better at english? practice!

and seriously, when people say their spoken english is terrible, i wonder if they have heard all the people who ONLY speak english and are worse...

Evolved1

meppi said:
Hehe, thought so. :)

Could be a friend of a friend who's on GAF or something.
Even though I don't talk on the mic since my spoken English is beyond terrible and I'm actually quite shy due to it, I do listen when people mention stuff.
Barely ever have my ears on though. ;)

Something that stayed with me from yesterday is that one random guy in my squad before you joined.
I was in point C of Port Valdez trying to recapture the base. Since I was driving a tank, he spawned on me and all of a sudden started yelling "HE'S IN THE BUILDING, HE'S IN THE BUiLDING!" over and over again.
Problem is that there were 3 buildings around me along with a couple of containers, so I had no idea what he was yelling about.
When I tried to pinpoint exactly what he was shooting at, I couldn't since he fired all over the place. Yet he got upset at me for blowing holes in every single building to see if I could find an X somewhere. lol

Ahahaha.... it's almost like hearing, "he's in the trees!"

Um, ok... which trees? This is a forest.

I know sometimes I give confusing information. Especially when I can hear the delayed echo of my own voice coming through other people's sets. Confuses me and I forget what I was saying. Sometimes I think, what's the point of calling things out if there's such a delay!

And sometimes I'll be like "Watch your six!" and then realize I have 3 more people in my squad who now probably just spun around. :/

Can be hard to give good information in the heat of the moment. When communication is pretty good I know I'm really in the mood to play. Other times I'm on "autopilot" (especially on boring half-populated or recon-populated servers) and that's usually when communication is the worst.

The Faceless Master said:
"which building?"

and seriously, when people say their spoken english is terrible, i wonder if they have heard all the people who ONLY speak english and are worse...

Good post. So true.

meppi

"which building?"

The problem isn't just getting better at speaking the language.

It's also that I'd have to be doing 3 things at the same time. Play the game, translating what I'm wanting to say and then try to pronounce it. ;P

I've noticed this when I play with Mancunian and we're speaking Dutch to each other, a lot of the time it seems harder to actually perform good in the game because I get distracted by all the babbling we're doing.

I just want to reemphasize this from yesterday:

Evolved1,
all he does is drive into tank mines.
(right after I made fun of him for it too)

:)

TommyT

CatPee said:
EVERY bolt-action will bring someone's health down below 50% with a body shot if they don't have Body Armor. That's why it's a 2-hit kill for with all of them.

If you're going close-range, you use every other bolt-action BUT the M95 since they all 1HK anyway. The slow-ass reload speed and fire rate WILL kill you.

More people here "quickscope" than you'd think. In every game I play with PS3GAF, at least one of us will do it.

Hmm interesting... I'm not really into this as much as I guess I can/should be compared to other games that I play. Things like the math (dps) behind guns, what makes things better, etc. I'm not familiar with at all which I'm sure would up my game. I'm not bad by any means, but I'm sure that knowing these things will improve my game quite a bit.

Like "quickscoping". It sounds obvious enough, but I've never seen it in action... or any top-tier play in general.

You have to name landmarks. I know I sometimes sound like a crazy person shouting that enemies are in a "Double Tall" (a two-story trailer) or "Anne Frank's House" (that one is courtesy of someone at GAF), but it certainly helps with navigation if you can agree on a naming scheme. "The building" doesn't cut it.

abuC

Add Pinched_Face on Psn, he plays a lot and is a really good player. I used to squad with him before I joined the Gaf army.

X-Frame

What mode does PS3GAF usually play?

I've been pretty much exclusively playing Rush because I love it and I think I may have only tried Conquest a couple times. I should try that more often this weekend.

meppi

adamsappel said:
You have to name landmarks. I know I sometimes sound like a crazy person shouting that enemies are in a "Double Tall" (a two-story trailer) or "Anne Frank's House" (that one is courtesy of someone at GAF), but it certainly helps with navigation if you can agree on a naming scheme. "The building" doesn't cut it.
Indeed. Or people could try to actually spot an enemy once in a while. ;)
Still surprised how little this actually happens in game.
Sure it's annoying when you seem to be hailing every single vehicle on the map when doing so, but it feels like most people just can't be assed to spot enemies since the could lose a kill to someone else. :-/

abuC said:
Add Pinched_Face on Psn, he plays a lot and is a really good player. I used to squad with him before I joined the Gaf army.
Will do.
Might have to start making some room though.

JJD

abuC said:

I've played with you two, and I can say that Pinched_Face is an awesome player!!! Dude is deadly!

Jas

meppi said:

Nah, he's not on GAF. Been playing with him for over a year now :)
He can be a bit of a ball buster at times just bust him back, haha.

Evolved1 said:
I think he just met some gaffers online. I know he plays a lot with Manny (who I'm actually not sure is Gaf) and Ejas (who obviously is).

Manny isn't on GAF either, he knows what it is tho :)

X-Frame said:
What mode does PS3GAF usually play?

Rush for the most part.

adamsappel said:
the best name ever for a place in BC2 is Kelly Clarkson

Evolved1

In the mood to play some BC2...

Hmm.... oh good, Rock is on!

*Joins Rock's game*

Cold War.

*Ejects Disc*

Now where did I put Deus Ex....

It was really weird playing with Gggidy the first time when I came back from haitus.
He tried to tell me how I should play medic :p

Great PS3 players we play with that are not part of gaf:
Manny
dantheman
BDMonk
Pinched Face
Dynames22
Farlanghn
BLU something...

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
I just want to reemphasize this from yesterday:

Evolved1,
all he does is drive into tank mines.
(right after I made fun of him for it too)

:)

I missed this post the first time around... like some other things I tend not to notice. :p

abuC

JJD said:
I've played with you two, and I can say that Pinched_Face is an awesome player!!! Dude is deadly!
I consider him my equal, think of him as replacement abuC until my ps3 is fixed.

BDmonk is great too, he's been in a bunch of our games. That used to be my squad, BDmonk, Pinched and Dynames22.

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
It was really weird playing with Gggidy the first time when I came back from haitus.
He tried to tell me how I should play medic :p

Great PS3 players we play with that are not part of gaf:
Manny
dantheman
BDMonk
Pinched Face
Dynames22
Farlanghn
BLU something...

What??? Blue089 isn't from Gaf??? I always thought he was. He's a great player, love the guy, an he's really excellent at troll tactics! I played a lot with him at late hours. I swear to God, he can take out almost any Mcom placed outside buildings by tank or RPG sniping! But he only does it if our team sucks.

abuC said:
I consider him my equal, think of him as replacement abuC until my ps3 is fixed.

BDmonk is great too, he's been in a bunch of our games. That used to be my squad, BDmonk, Pinched and Dynames22.

I'll try to add him, isn't he in a clan or something? I always thought of him as a infantry orientated Abu! Lol! I don't remember him driving tanks or choppers!

abuC

JJD said:
What??? Blue089 isn't from Gaf??? I always thought he was.

I'll try to add him, isn't he in a clan or something? I always thought of him as a infantry orientated Abu! Lol! I don't remember him driving tanks or choppers!
Yeah, I thought Blue was a gaffer too, I added him in a random game and then saw him in all our games.

BDmonk usually plays as medic and Pinched is very good in tanks and uses medic/shotgun recon. I don't think they're in a clan, they're Gaf mercenaries for hire, they'll play with any good teams.

abuC

eternaLightness said:
Wow that's news to me. And I play with Blue regularly. Who's mihntifresh(sp)? I see him occasionally with Gaf also.
Catpee is minhtfresh, his names crack me up.

CatPee

eternaLightness said:
Wow that's news to me. And I play with Blue regularly. Who's mihntifresh(sp)? I see him occasionally with Gaf also.

Holy god. Butcher my PSN some more, why don't ya?

There's more non-gaffer regulars than I thought. I always thought that BLUE089 was a gaffer. Who's Rotenone, btw? I've seen him a lot as of late.

Evolved1 said:
In the mood to play some BC2...

Hmm.... oh good, Rock is on!

*Joins Rock's game*

Cold War.

*Ejects Disc*

Now where did I put Deus Ex....

Boo this man. Cold War > you.

meppi

Blue certainly reads GAF. Starting to doubt if he has an account though. I thought he did, but no one seems to know. :-/

meppi said:
Indeed. Or people could try to actually spot an enemy once in a while. ;)
Still surprised how little this actually happens in game.
Sure it's annoying when you seem to be hailing every single vehicle on the map when doing so, but it feels like most people just can't be assed to spot enemies since the could lose a kill to someone else. :-/
The worst is Recons who don't throw motion mines. That's their damn job! And it's free points for them, too. Even if they don't care to know who's sneaking up to take their tags, throw a mine down where the action is. If they're just camping up on the hill in Arica, the first time I throw them ammo. The next time I shoot smoke at their heads.

the best name ever for a place in BC2 is Kelly Clarkson
:lol. Where is this?

Top Bottom