• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

CatPee

eternaLightness said:
lol sorry Cat xD.

I wonder just how big ps3 gaf will be when BF3 hits.. You guys remember when the game had that horrible lag at one point?

I never really had much more than some light rubberbanding back then.

Although in the first 3 months or so after the game's release, I could never get my stats to properly update at the menu screen. It'd time out and I'd get the "cannot find any games" error for a while until I went to the Leaderboard and let it sit there for a minute or so. Same thing happened back during the beta too.

Still kept playing it though. Was completely worth it.

adamsappel said:
The worst is Recons who don't throw motion mines. That's their damn job! And it's free points for them, too. Even if they don't care to know who's sneaking up to take their tags, throw a mine down where the action is. If they're just camping up on the hill in Arica, the first time I throw them ammo. The next time I shoot smoke at their heads.

:lol. Where is this?

ID9yp.png

and abuC send me a msg on XBL and i'll make room!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
olimpia84 said:
sorry Evolved, I saw you joining my game but decided to quit. Empty servers + lag in my connection: no fun

Np... I didn't really feel like playing anyway. I keep switching games but everything is meh. Probably just go read or something.

meppi

Evolved1 said:
Np... I didn't really feel like playing anyway. I keep switching games but everything is meh. Probably just go read or something.
Yeah, the whole evening was pretty meh actually.
Started of really good, but deteriorated quickly after mindless drones started wondering in on the opposing team.
How you can play the game by camping in a bush, behind a three/window/whatever the whole freaking time remains a mystery to me.
How the hell can that be any fun if you're over the age of 12? :-/

Tried to start 4 games of Harvest day, but every single time they ended in only a couple of minutes and the map changed to White Pass. pffffff.

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
It was really weird playing with Gggidy the first time when I came back from haitus.
He tried to tell me how I should play medic :p

Great PS3 players we play with that are not part of gaf:
Manny
dantheman
BDMonk
Pinched Face
Dynames22
Farlanghn
BLU something...

I thought danthaman and BLU89 signed up for GAF. Then again it takes ages to get the account activated so...

Edit: Ok so after I enter my Vietnam serial it keeps saying unable to connect.

And now it's telling me my BFBC2 serial is already in use. I got this game on Origin courtesy of an EA Support guy. How can my serial be in use?

adamsappel said:
The worst is Recons who don't throw motion mines. That's their damn job! And it's free points for them, too. Even if they don't care to know who's sneaking up to take their tags, throw a mine down where the action is. If they're just camping up on the hill in Arica, the first time I throw them ammo. The next time I shoot smoke at their heads.

I tend to throw those things like theirs no tomorrow. I'm never one to turn down free tags!

Soma

i've come to accept that probably the most often used phrase i use in this game is "fucking saiga"

after that is "fuck why didn't i kill the medic first"

No_Style

I followed the orders of my superior officer. I was drawn over to the other side with promises of glory and special operations. Our primary objective was to annoy the opposition. :D

I miss GAF vs others fights. Our one big game was against that EVL clan. I hope BF3 allows for easier pairings against others clans.

No_Style said:
I followed the orders of my superior officer. I was drawn over to the other side with promises of glory and special operations. Our primary objective was to annoy the opposition. :D

I miss GAF vs others fights. Our one big game was against that EVL clan. I hope BF3 allows for easier pairings against others clans.

Evl was too easy >.>
4-5 of us steamrolling 9-12 of them.
I remember we were all just going "omg how can any clan be this..." for the entirity of the games.

My favorite was going against PwN and winning (11/2010).
My hands was literally shaking after that game.

Dreamgazer said:
GAF vs. GAF.

I see my brothers sniping from the light house.

A part of me just died inside.

hehe. our team wasn't good so we were just messing around. I did manage to set one off at the last second though. I almost crashed a helicopter. I can't fly. :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
eternaLightness said:
hehe. our team wasn't good so we were just messing around. I did manage to set one off at the last second though. I almost crashed a helicopter. I can't fly. :(
Look at the bright side,

you flew better than buzz lightyear

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
JJD said:
What??? Blue089 isn't from Gaf??? I always thought he was. He's a great player, love the guy, an he's really excellent at troll tactics! I played a lot with him at late hours. I swear to God, he can take out almost any Mcom placed outside buildings by tank or RPG sniping! But he only does it if our team sucks

He's not the only one capable of that >_>

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Evl was too easy >.>
4-5 of us steamrolling 9-12 of them.
I remember we were all just going "omg how can any clan be this..." for the entirity of the games.

My favorite was going against PwN and winning (11/2010).
My hands was literally shaking after that game.

That EVL battle was easy but fun. My favorite is when we beat the PsYcHo clan, out of 6 games we played we won 4. And there was one amazing comeback one time in Arica against HHOUR that made them quit :lol

JJD

olimpia84 said:
That EVL battle was easy but fun. My favorite is when we beat the PsYcHo clan, out of 6 games we played we won 4. And there was one amazing comeback one time in Arica against HHOUR that made them quit :lol

I remember that Conquest round against HHOUR, it was that one were we won by 1 ticket right? You were screaming at the end, and we only realized we had actually won when we saw the pins because we got the "Your team has lost" screen!

olimpia84

JJD said:
I remember that Conquest round against HHOUR, it was that one were we one by 1 ticket right? You were screaming at the end, and we only realized we had actually won when we saw the pins because we got the "Your team has lost" screen!

Yes, that was epic!

MarvelAssassin: Sorry about that rude message.

No one would allow me in on their arica conquest squad = bitter +1
Getting invites even though I was in perfectly balanced rush games = bitter +2
Leaving my perfectly fine rush games = bitter +3
Join a conquest game where people had no idea what they were doing = bitter +4

olimpia84

I don't see what's wrong with being by yourself in a squad. Sometimes I join a GAF game and none of the squads have room for me so I just pair up with randoms.

Good games, I love seeing those level 50 clans rage quit.

olimpia84 said:
I don't see what's wrong with being by yourself in a squad. Sometimes I join a GAF game and none of the squads have room for me so I just pair up with randoms.

Good games, I love seeing those level 50 clans rage quit.

Cause about 10 minutes into the game, the randoms I was squading with left.
This>>>> I couldn't get into any other random's squad either. <<<< This

Since it was an intense game where flags was changing hand left and right - I had to spawn at base half of the time. Then there's the trek and hoping that I don't get killed on the way.

At that point playing vietnam hardcore rush with skeletor just semmed 1000x better.

(and thank you nostyle for keeping me company during the vanilla rush games :)

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
no one wanted me on their squad for the arica conquest so I went to play vietnam hardcore.

*bitter*

I'm really sorry man. I didn't see your messages until you were already playing with us. I'm going to be more careful next time. If you had joined earlier maybe we could have turned some of the games we lost.

Today games were some of the more laggy matches I've played in a long time. I wanted to quit from the beginning but I couldn't leave Blue and Olimpia behind. On one of those Arica Harbor rounds I jumped a guy who was throwing a grenade an unloaded a full clip of my Uzi on him, he casually turned towards me, switched to his pistol and shot me down, just to drop dead the moment he got me. I couldn't hit no one from a distance, and passing through doors was a challenge in itself. I lost count how many guys rushed towards me as I shot then and knifed me in the face. I also had an encounter with a "teleporter" dude.

It didn't help that I'm rusty, but playing like that is torture. On the plus side, even on those matches that we lost we almost always ended with the best squad pin. If our team managed to at least hold the flag closest to our base maybe we could have fared better on some games. But no, two of then were content in shooting at the sky on our base, or camping on the hills and do absolutely nothing! Not even try to shot some enemies.

The funny thing is, as shitty as I was playing today I still managed to get some hate mail.
21wNBl.jpg

I didn't answer him, so he sent another one:
uuxfgl.jpg

I wonder what he would say if he saw Rockscar or Olimpia playtime.
I told the guy that I was going to report him if he continued, and he responded with this.
AVKQ8l.jpg

I really don't understand guys like that. They were winning, why send this kind of hate mail? I guess I should have told him how laggy I was today.

JJD

Holy shit!!! Just checked that guy stats and he has played the game almost 21 hours more than me! Not only that, but my stats are better than his on almost everything! LOL!

Dreamgazer said:
MarvelAssassin: Sorry about that rude message.

No one would allow me in on their arica conquest squad = bitter +1
Getting invites even though I was in perfectly balanced rush games = bitter +2
Leaving my perfectly fine rush games = bitter +3
Join a conquest game where people had no idea what they were doing = bitter +4
on 360, when someone in the party chat says they're alone, someone else will split from a full squad and squad up with them!

JJD said:
I wonder what he would say if he saw Rockscar or Olimpia playtime.

The funny thing is that he has more hours in the game than you:

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/Mike_Epps_/

faceless said:
on 360, when someone in the party chat says they're alone, someone else will split from a full squad and squad up with them!

Supposedly Olimpia asked Blue089 to split the squad for me.
However, Blue was refused since he was mad at how many times I've killed him in other games (j/k)

Evolved1

You guys actually had challenging games last night? I left because it was so boring and we were in their spawn w/in the first five minutes. I actually like Conquest, but that is the worst part about it. Uneven team means server clearing way faster than in Rush.

Then I went to Rush, but I was alone and that match was boring too. Saw dream join other team, but couldn't get over. And there was pretty annoying lag. Just called it a night.

Man I wish I would have stayed if there were actually good games later. You guys lost? lol.

olimpia84

Evolved1 said:
You guys actually had challenging games last night? I left because it was so boring and we were in there spawn w/in the first five minutes. I actually like Conquest, but that is the worst part about it. Uneven team means server clearing way faster than in Rush.

Then I went to Rush, but I was alone and that match was boring too. Saw dream join other team, but couldn't get over. And there was pretty annoying lag. Just called it a night.

Man I wish I would have stayed if there were actually good games later. You guys lost? lol.

You should have stayed. They were very challenging games (the ones I like) against lvl 50 clans. In short, it went like this:

Arica Harbor round 1: we lost (by 82)
Arica Harbor round 2: we won (by 90 something)
Arica Harbor round 1: we lost (great level rotation! we had to play the same freaking level again)
Arica Harbor round 2: we won
Laguna Alta round 1: we lost (we were short on people on this round and I started sending PMs to ask for backup) and unfortunately towards the end of the round we just couldn't hold it any longer and we got base raped.
Laguna Alta round 2: we lost but it was close (dream and Nostyle joined)
Oasis round 1: we won
Oasis round 2: we won by a lot
Port Valdez round 1: we won and they all rage quit (GAF VICTORY)

CatPee

Evolved1 said:
You guys actually had challenging games last night? I left because it was so boring and we were in their spawn w/in the first five minutes. I actually like Conquest, but that is the worst part about it. Uneven team means server clearing way faster than in Rush.

I won since I was on the other team the entire time. :)

Delicious dog tags <3.

abuC

The best games I played with Gaf were against the Acid clan, every game came down to the wire, this was when we could fill an entire team with gaffers. We also had great games against the RaW clan, nobody could win when attacking.

Outside of Gaf I used to play with nittygritty718 and the Raw/R4P clans too, and both teams would have nothing but level 50s, a lot of players in the top 50.

Keldor

This fucking game. Bought it the month it came out and I still can't get enough of it. Battlefield 3 may be the only game I buy the rest of the year. It's always fun playing with Gaffers but everytime I play with you guys, you're so good it feels like race to see who can set the mcoms first. Haha!

JJD

Logged on PSN today, and it seems that not only that Mike_Epps_ guy have flooded my inbox, but Michael_Caine has joined the fun as well! Lol! Gotta love those PSN Ids!

The guy even went through all the hassle to create a clone account of mine... JJD_ITBA_ and invited me to be his friend! ^.^

CatPee

JJD said:
Logged on PSN today, and it seems that not only that Mike_Epps_ guy have flooded my inbox, but Michael_Caine has joined the fun as well! Lol! Gotta love those PSN Ids!

The guy even went through all the hassle to create a clone account of mine... JJD_ITBA_ and invited me to be his friend! ^.^

That's like, bordering on stalker-level creepiness. All over some video game matches, no less.

JJD

CatPee said:
That's like, bordering on stalker-level creepiness. All over some video game matches, no less.

Yeah, and you know what's worse? I bet the Mike_Epps_ and Michael_Caine accounts are not even his main one! Well...I reported him, let's hope Sony does it's job.

Nabs

JJD said:

What theeee

JJD said:
Yeah, and you know what's worse? I bet the Mike_Epps_ and Michael_Caine accounts are not even his main one! Well...I reported him, let's hope Sony does it's job.

I say you should be honored to be placed as the same worthiness of Mike Epps and Michael Caine.

Evolved1

I've decided to make a concerted effort to never complain about anything in BC2 again (or BC3). You can hold me to it.

Top Bottom