• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC

CatPee said:
Double-dipping as well. I'll probably build a PC by either BF3 release or Black Friday, at the latest.

I've recruited so many friends to the Battlefield crowd that I won't be ditching the PS3 version, but I still want the PC version for the other friends and the experience.
Sucks that my ps3 died just as you and I started our bc2 bro-mance destroying other teams like Tango and Kash.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's five... :/

I know you were console specific, Faceless. :p

TheSeks

Nabs, fix your internet man. I was literally getting KO notifications while the match continued to play. :lol

TheSeks

Nabs said:
My internet is fine, I dunno. I was blaming it on you the entire time.

I couldn't even see your lines. At times, the game would desync and throw out deinterlaced lines.

That Makoto was pure luck in winning 4 rounds.

JJD

TheSeks said:
Well, obviously. The bigger question is: How many are jumping to PC vs PS3? There's stuff on PS3 I want to get (P4 Arc fighter, for instance) but I've got Halo 2, Magic 2012, Dirt 3, TF2, BC2 double-dip and BF3 pre-order waiting for me on PC. So it's a toss-up on either.

So that's 1. I'd be 2 in frustration and anger. I know Dream would jump, that's 3. Evolved? Faceless probably would but he's more a console-based player so I can't see him jumping to PC. I think Calion had plans to make a PC. I dunno about BallisticTiger/Crack. JJD? I don't think JJD would jump... Fersis (before he whines that I forget him)? Olimpia?

I won't jump now. Maybe in the future.

Obviously I would prefer that you bought a new PS3, but it's your choice, so if you choose to use the money to get a PC I'll gladly contribute!

TheSeks

Well, that's 4 so far. >_> Really, I rather have reliable hardware than worry about my shit breaking again. I do want to get a PS3, but I gotta fix my 60gig to get Portal 2 out of it again. :/ And then it'd break again months down the road. So I'm tired of that and already shifted my PS3 pre-order for BF3 to PC. >_>

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
Well, that's 4 so far. >_> Really, I rather have reliable hardware than worry about my shit breaking again. I do want to get a PS3, but I gotta fix my 60gig to get Portal 2 out of it again. :/ And then it'd break again months down the road. So I'm tired of that and already shifted my PS3 pre-order for BF3 to PC. >_>

I'm on the ropes as to whether I want to start out on PS3 or PC. I'll have to see where GAF goes when it comes out.

TheSeks

Yeah, I'm not sure at this point. I mean some of the advantages that PC BC2 had are gone in BF3. On the other hand, I don't have to worry about the hardware. :/

I do have that BF3 PC pre-order. So... :/

I have to ask, Dream: Just how much did you apparently raise in my stead? >_>

CatPee

TheSeks said:

Get a reball done on it if its innards are still in relatively in good shape.

TheSeks

CatPee said:
Get a reball done on it if its innards are still in relatively in good shape.

That's expensive and won't last long. If I could fix the PS3 and get a new Slim to transfer my stuff, I would. I would lose PS2 BC, the main reason I bought the old PS3 in the first place.

I'm still pissed it kicked the bucket a year after I already paid $150 to get the GPU fixed in the first place. At least I know with a PC it wouldn't do that for a good 2-5 years. >_>

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
That's expensive and won't last long. If I could fix the PS3 and get a new Slim to transfer my stuff, I would. I would lose PS2 BC, the main reason I bought the old PS3 in the first place.

I'm still pissed it kicked the bucket a year after I already paid $150 to get the GPU fixed in the first place. At least I know with a PC it wouldn't do that for a good 2-5 years. >_>

You have some shitty luck, man. I've had the same PS3 forever now and it's still kicking :p

If there's a fund for chipping in to get seks and whoever else needs a PS3, I'll toss some dough in. I just got a massive pay raise at work <3

CatPee

TheSeks said:

Bwuh? A reball replaces the soldering with lead-based solder so that it actually lasts years rather than weeks. The main cause of failure is usually just the crappy non lead-based melting or cracking. Last I checked, it's actually around the same price as sending it in to Sony, where you'll only get a refurb'd unit that was reflowed. Plus I know a guy who knows a guy (no seriously), so it's probably even slightly cheaper.

CatPee said:
Bwuh? A reball replaces the soldering with lead-based solder so that it actually lasts years rather than weeks. The main cause of failure is usually just the crappy non lead-based melting or cracking. Last I checked, it's actually around the same price as sending it in to Sony, where you'll only get a refurb'd unit that was reflowed. Plus I know a guy who knows a guy (no seriously), so it's probably even slightly cheaper.
this guy who knows a guy, is he in the US?

Heppell

Banned
I need some help,does anyone know how to connect a 360 controller gamepad to B BC2, because they controller buttons are faulty when playing, essentially they dont work and i was wondering if i could get 1st hand help if anyone knows this issue or can fix it.

much appreciated for any help received

Jtrizzy

I have it paid off with Origin for the pre load/early access, but I'll probably get it for PS3 on launch day unless I magically get better with kb/m.

TheSeks

Yeah, well, I still want a new PC since a) more reliable b ) I need to replace my 6+ year old computer already anyway.

Like I said, it's a bit of a toss up since the PS3 is getting a few games that interest me now (like the P4 fighting game) that weren't there or not too missable when I was angry. >_>

In any case, I've already changed my pre-order to PC so that's the direction I should go.

In any case, CatPee: I've heard that the reballs are a luck of the draw thing, they may work for years. They may not, it depends on the skill of the person and I don't really want to risk my 80gig MGS4 on someones microelectronic skill. >_>

Norua

Banned
Are some of you still playing on 360? I'm replaying again (i stopped before summer due to work) because i want to be ready for BF3 and because i missed BC2, but i'm tired of playing with strangers / shitty squad mates.

Anyway, just let me know guys.

Nabs

Heppell said:
I need some help,does anyone know how to connect a 360 controller gamepad to B BC2, because they controller buttons are faulty when playing, essentially they dont work and i was wondering if i could get 1st hand help if anyone knows this issue or can fix it.

much appreciated for any help received

They gimped controller support for the pc version of bc2. You might be able to find an xpadder script, but it might suck.

abuC

So after playing a bit on Xbox I have noticed some differences between the Ps3 and Xbox randoms. The randoms on xbox seem better coordinated, which makes sense since there are more mics, that said these dudes are aggressive as hell, like half the team will chase a spotted player. They just seem a lot more hell bent on getting kills at any cost, thanks to the cannon fodder my spm is just under 400.

The 360 controller is a lot more responsive, but you can't spot as easily as you can on ps3. I have big hands and its tough to keep moving/aiming and hitting the back button at the same time.

The Faceless Master said:
oh yeah, even without spotting, people in voice/party chat are like "who just killed you, where were they" ... "they were at ___" ... *crowd converges*
this is how we are on PC. we always chase down people if they get past enemy lines, and we know it's important because he could have buddies spawn in on him any second.

only difference is that BC2-PC's VOIP is broken so we use mumble.

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
Just got my all gold achivement in Vietnam. Now, the heli kills are last till I max it out totally.

Easy. Get in one slightly out of bounds while in conquest. And/or the one at "B" facing the US starting spawn on the rice paddy map. So long as people aren't focused on you with Magnum Ammo you can pretty much mow them down easy. But it's still a pain and work.

Cuban Legend said:
this is how we are on PC. we always chase down people if they get past enemy lines, and we know it's important because he could have buddies spawn in on him any second.

only difference is that BC2-PC's VOIP is broken so we use mumble.
That's how it is on PS3 as well in my experience. I don't even need to tell people, sometimes you just have to mark an enemy and the randoms will all go running after them like bloodhounds.

TheSeks said:
Easy. Get in one slightly out of bounds while in conquest. And/or the one at "B" facing the US starting spawn on the rice paddy map. So long as people aren't focused on you with Magnum Ammo you can pretty much mow them down easy. But it's still a pain and work.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it. At this point I'm sick of Vietnam guns and maps.

X-Frame

endlessflood said:
That's how it is on PS3 as well in my experience. I don't even need to tell people, sometimes you just have to mark an enemy and the randoms will all go running after them like bloodhounds.
I love this as well. Seriously it's very effective to spot someone in BC2 and notice randoms turning their RPG's, guns, tanks, turrets all towards annihilating a stray enemy strolling down a hill.

That rarely is the case even with mic communication. The new spotting system sounds more balance and fair though.

abuC

I lose almost every one on one gun battle even if I hit them first. I never realized how valuable magnum ammo was, and how much of a bitch it is to be the only person on the battlefield without it.

abuC said:
I lose almost every one on one gun battle even if I hit them first. I never realized how valuable magnum ammo was, and how much of a bitch it is to be the only person on the battlefield without it.

Magnum and headshots will get them every time. The only thing better is extra armor.

CatPee

abuC said:

Tap fire will win every fight. Especially with LMGs.

TheSeks

I'm so glad Demize saw my point and dropped Magnum Ammo and the armor. WORST. PERKS. IN. SHOOTERS. EVAR. Yes, even Commando is better than them. >_>

In any case, I'm still pissed they're dropping server browsers in PC BF3 for stupid matchmaking with Battlelog. Two steps forward, one gigantic step back. >:|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I like the speed that people die in BC2 w/ mag. The weapons feel too weak w/o it.

What we need is server options. So like a mode that is basically HC with the HUD would be perfect for my tastes. I'd even like the crosshair off but people put tape and shit on their screens to get around that, so it's not really fair for everyone.

Jas

TheSeks said:
In any case, I'm still pissed they're dropping server browsers in PC BF3 for stupid matchmaking with Battlelog. Two steps forward, one gigantic step back. >:|

Wait, what? There was a server browser in the alpha...it's on the Battlelog site.
I know there isn't going to be an in game server browser but there's still one on Battlelog as far as I know.
Unless something changed recently, I hope not :(

TheSeks

Woorloog

Banned
Norua said:
Are some of you still playing on 360? I'm replaying again (i stopped before summer due to work) because i want to be ready for BF3 and because i missed BC2, but i'm tired of playing with strangers / shitty squad mates.

Anyway, just let me know guys.
I play on 360, GT is Empyrus in case someone wants to play. Send FR? My timezone is UTC+2 (+3 with DST) though.

oh snap, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is now $19.99 on Xbox Live Marketplace!

most of the DLC is on sale at half price too

Vietnam for 600
Onslaught for 200
Specact for 240

Evolved1

Too bad you can't DL just the MP on PSN/LIVE... this way it wouldn't kill the drives spinning the disc.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
Too bad you can't DL just the MP on PSN/LIVE... this way it wouldn't kill the drives spinning the disc.

Too bad there is no cooling systems on disk or drive, this way it wouldn't kill the PS3/360 while playing the game.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Too bad there is no cooling systems on disk or drive, this way it wouldn't kill the PS3/360 while playing the game.

Yes, I'm bitter.

My gaming room is AC on high like year round... so cold, but just warm enough that my fingers don't get too numb to play. lol.

Evolved1

too bad it's not on PSN, I might buy it just to have it on the HDD.

TheSeks

You kids and your moneys should donate to buy me a new PC for BF3. >_>

Evolved1

Hey I volunteered for the "help buy PS3's for PS3GAF fund"... but I cannot support PCGAF before I join myself. Just wouldn't be right.

Evolved1

Dream, are you playing or what? I keep trying to join you, but you're idle or something.

Good god tell me... you aren't playing single player!?!?!

Top Bottom