• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

glaurung

Tried to play some BFBC2 MP last night and every time I got into a match, my rank was reset to 1.

When I quit the game and tried again, the menu showed my proper rank and when I joined any match, it was reset to 1 again.

What gives?

1stStrike

Banned
glaurung said:
Tried to play some BFBC2 MP last night and every time I got into a match, my rank was reset to 1.

When I quit the game and tried again, the menu showed my proper rank and when I joined any match, it was reset to 1 again.

What gives?

Stats are fucked up. Dice is aware of the situation and is aiming for a fix sometime between now and 2013.

glaurung

1stStrike said:
Stats are fucked up. Dice is aware of the situation and is aiming for a fix sometime between now and 2013.
Oh great. Thanks for the update.

I experienced the issue on PS3, is only that platform affected or across the board?

1stStrike

Banned
glaurung said:
Oh great. Thanks for the update.

I experienced the issue on PS3, is only that platform affected or across the board?

I'm pretty sure this is an issue that plagues others as well, but I don't pay much attention to "those people" tbh :D

olimpia84

Hastings Conquest is awesome, the only good map for that mode. Vietnam has been a frustrating experience for me the past few days, it seems that every time I play with randoms I get thrown in the worst team possible...maybe it's because of my high rank but it's getting annoying. To make things worse the maps are so badly designed (in Conquest) that it's impossible to put the team on your shoulders and pull heroics to win the game. Once you are in a bad team it's a loss guaranteed. In maps like Hill 137, Temple and Vantage Point if you have a sucky team and the get a hold of "B" at the start of the game then you are toast and might as well quit the game...

Sanjay

recklessmind said:
Hastings is such a garbage Rush map.

I got a 20 kill streak on that map playing as assault :D first time playing in Rush mode, a lot of the times I was confused which way was to go.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
subversus said:
it's a fantastic open map.

Great for conquest. Not for Rush.

It's a massive clusterfuck. Hey, I'm sure people who enjoy modes like TDM will feel right at home, but I prefer a little strategy in my shooters. That's why I play Battlefield.

recklessmind said:
It's a massive clusterfuck. Hey, I'm sure people who enjoy modes like TDM will feel right at home, but I prefer a little strategy in my shooters. That's why I play Battlefield.

I guess those of us who enjoy it must be playing with no strategy? :lol

I hate TDM and I love Hastings Rush. So open, so many places to attack/defend from.

How many PC players vs console players hate Hastings Rush?

Sanjay

Mr. Snrub said:

I hate TDM and I love Hastings Rush. So open, so many places to attack/defend from.

How many assault players vs recon/camping players hate Hastings Rush?

Fixed?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Coldsnap said:
so what is that secret achievement?

Hasting's Best Squad in that round.

Also Hasting's rush is terribad. It wouldn't be bad if the bases weren't so close to each-other. Again: A good team that can destroy the others will probably roll through it within five minutes. That makes it a pretty poor map, IMO, esp. given the base-to-base-to-base of it.

Conquest isn't bad, but I'm not too kind to it.

I kinda prefer the other Vietnam maps over Hasting's (yes, even Vantage Point), but it isn't a bad addition.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mr. Snrub said:

How many PC players vs console players hate Hastings Rush?

The bases are right on top of each other. You can literally spit from the attacking spawns to the objectives.

Defenders have high ground + a very wide spawn area. They will spawn practically behind you!

That is something more akin to TDM... it's twitchy crap. Enemies spawn on top of you, right after you've cleared a sector and move in to plant.

I think it sucks, if you like it, hey that's great.

TheSeks

TheSeks said:
Hasting's Best Squad in that round.

And to further clarify:

(Secret Achievement/Trophy)
2nd Tour of Duty
Achieve the best squad award on Operation Hastings.

ok, after playing 4 rage inducing games with NubCakes and some of the worst randoms ever i decided to clean my list a bit. i deleted about a dozen people, mostly anyone who had black ops as their last played game... 11 spots free! if you've played BC2 with me before, feel free to send a FR.

Massa

The Faceless Master said:
ok, after playing 4 rage inducing games with NubCakes and some of the worst randoms ever i decided to clean my list a bit. i deleted about a dozen people, mostly anyone who had black ops as their last played game... 11 spots free! if you've played BC2 with me before, feel free to send a FR.

:lol

Gonna send you a friend request Face, this is Serpico MTZ.

Miggytronz

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Had my friendlist to the max, deleted about 50 people to play with people who play Reach and BC2.

Sanjay

Build a gaming PC, you would be much liked :D

VicViper

Just got a new rig with a GTX 470 and cranked up AA in BFBC2 all the way up to 32x, noticed no difference in IQ whatsoever, foliage is still pixelated like crazy.

I know some games just don't support AA at all, but since BC2 offers the option, I would have expected it to actually make a difference.

Is this normal? Using the latest Nvidia drivers.

EDIT: This is how it looks like:

blurrygil

Thanks for the add last night, brudda. It was good playing with ya finally, albeit us being on opposite teams. I was with a huge party of co-workers and gaffers.

Were there any fellow gaffers on your team last night? Also, did someone PBR bug from our side during those rounds (which was nearly a full map rotation of Rush)? I read your earlier post about it happening, but I didn't see it at all during our games.

In any case, I'm not really gonna stop playing due to the bug unless it's exploited in the current game I'm in. If it gets discouraging with everyone doing it, then I'll likely slow down my play. I do have plenty of other games to play...

i deleted about a dozen people, mostly anyone who had black ops as their last played game...

:lol :lol :lol

blurrygil

Mikasangelos said:
I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Had my friendlist to the max, deleted about 50 people to play with people who play Reach and BC2.

I'll be sure to add you soon. I meant to do so before my holiday break, but left my note with your gt at work. :lol

Edited out gt for privacy... :p

distrbnce

Banned
recklessmind said:
PBR glitch... well, it was fun while it lasted.

I'm not positive on this, but I've heard the PBR glitch won't work on Hardcore... I've never run into it and I only play Hardcore... So yeah, if you guys aren't playing that already, you should! I personally find it a lot more fun. Just wish spotting worked the same in it.

distrbnce said:
I'm not positive on this, but I've heard the PBR glitch won't work on Hardcore... I've never run into it and I only play Hardcore... So yeah, if you guys aren't playing that already, you should! I personally find it a lot more fun. Just wish spotting worked the same in it.
i'm guessing it doesn't work in hardcore because friendly fire means the vehicle and occupant would get blown up.

TheSeks

distrbnce said:
I'm not positive on this, but I've heard the PBR glitch won't work on Hardcore... I've never run into it and I only play Hardcore... So yeah, if you guys aren't playing that already, you should!

No. And I shouldn't because DICE are being lazy and not patching it today. >:| >:| >:| >:| >:| >:|.

Fix this shit, DICE. Fucking defense steals our PBR (SMH Randoms) glitches it and stops our attack within five minutes. Fucking stupid.

Marvie_3

Banned
I got your FR.

Was playing this morning until I got fed up with the PBR glitch. Fuck that noise.

recklessmind said:
The bases are right on top of each other. You can literally spit from the attacking spawns to the objectives.

Defenders have high ground + a very wide spawn area. They will spawn practically behind you!

That is something more akin to TDM... it's twitchy crap. Enemies spawn on top of you, right after you've cleared a sector and move in to plant.

I think it sucks, if you like it, hey that's great.

I've had rounds where defense gets rolled over and rounds where attack gets stonewalled. I've never been spawn camped in the map and have found that there is plenty of cover between spawn points. It's really no worse than any of the other more open Rush maps.

blurrygil

I personally don't really LOVE Hastings/Conquest, per se. But it is a fun map with all of the different available vehicles and it's layout. My problem, like most, is the wicked short distance between bases.

And f**k Hastings/Rush. That's likely to sit towards to the bottom of least enjoyable maps, along with Cold War and White Pass on Rush. >:/

I guess I do have some good reasons as to why I've been playing so much conquest...

iam220

The placement of the bases in hastings reminds me of the previous BF games, as mostly a conquest player, I love it. So does the PC community judging by the 24/7 hasting 1000 ticket servers :D

blurrygil

iam220 said:
The placement of the bases in hastings reminds me of the previous BF games, as mostly a conquest player, I love it. So does the PC community judging by the 24/7 hasting 1000 ticket servers :D

Yeah, I remember those days. But, I dunno...it just doesn't feel right for them to be so close to one another in BC2. I wish there was a little more space. Like I said, it isn't a terrible map. But it does have it's flaws.

Am I the only person who absolutely loves Phu Bai/Conquest?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i log into Vietnam ... Got killed 3 times in a row by an invisible boat. =/
I quit and log into Vanilla BFBC2 ... my soldier is back to level 1. =/

TheSeks said:
Fix this shit, DICE.

TheSeks

PBR Glitchers (DICE, I know you're reading this. Fix this and ban these assholes):

"[NZL]HOG_SAUSAGE"
"[NZL]mattgreen1234567"
"[ILB]MalibuBarbie-_-"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
- Got rank 40.
- Killed a chopper pilot with a Sniper Rifle.
- Got my Et Tu Brute? trophy (Thanks Massa !! lol)

A good night for me.

TheSeks

Fersis said:

We're they taking off or in the air? :p I'll be back in an hour, I still got M60'ing to do to restar it (WTF, DICE?) Then it's only one more medic gun, mopping up the engineer guns and the AK47 and I'll have them all gold. Yay.

Massa

Fersis said:
- Got rank 40.
- Got my Et Tu Brute? trophy (Thanks Massa !! lol)

A good night for me.

I knew you needed that trophy so I just let you knife me. Yep, that's exactly what happened. :p

abuC

Sorry about using the repair tool on you Memorycure :D

Rebornyeti, I appreciate you fixing the jeep for me, but if I've been in it for 5 mins in the same spot don't jump in and drive it off. As you noticed, I jumped out as soon as you drove off and you blew up 10 seconds later :lol The attackers were kind enough to leave the jeep for me, and I was mowing people down with it.

Top Bottom