• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

I dont see how Omne would be a surprising final boss, or how they would kill her, Jubileus is dead, the Omne design is bad, the only way to kill a God is with another , unless it was with Loki i guess

Was I the only one to interpret Omne as a unique summon from Balder and Bayo working together? I know the entry implies she's something else, but she doesn't really fit the lore for Paradiso or Inferno. And since Balder is dead, Omne won't return as a summon at least.

zma1013

So I got Bayonetta 2 but there is no Club Nintendo code inside. It's on their website, so clearly it should be in there right? What can I do?

So I got Bayonetta 2 but there is no Club Nintendo code inside. It's on their website, so clearly it should be in there right? What can I do?

Check the inside of the slip cover, I think they started printing codes on there now instead of having a little card

Raptomex

I'm a decent way through the game and I'm still confused on the grand scheme of things just like I was with the first game. I fucking love it.

Ugh, still missing 1 heart piece. Could it be (chapter XIII spoilers)
on the bridge that collapses in that lava area? I saw that there were pillars close by that activate witch time but I activated them too soon.
Haven't replayed that chapter yet to check.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
A couple of unlockable questions:

1. Will getting all pure platinum unlock anything?
2. If yes, will getting all pure platinum unlock different things depending on the difficulty?

Was I the only one to interpret Omne as a unique summon from Balder and Bayo working together? I know the entry implies she's something else, but she doesn't really fit the lore for Paradiso or Inferno. And since Balder is dead, Omne won't return as a summon at least.

Omne was known by the Lumen and the Umbra but neither could summon her. Only through the miracle of light and dark combined she took form in our world. Remember there is Light, Dark and Chaos. Either she is Chaos or a being before the split into three realities happened. Which is after reading the description the most likely answer.

A couple of unlockable questions:

1. Will getting all pure platinum unlock anything?
2. If yes, will getting all pure platinum unlock different things depending on the difficulty?

You unlock something for getting platinum in all chapters on 2nd climax or above.

Dreavus

That's what I would say as well, that little bit of lore in one of the books non-withstanding. She looks very similar to Jubileus on her Lumen side and it seems weird for her to be a separate entity that "existed for all this time" independently.

EDIT:
Omne was known by the Lumen and the Umbra but neither could summon her. Only through the miracle of light and dark combined she took form in our world. Remember there is Light, Dark and Chaos. Either she is Chaos or a being before the split into three realities happened. Which is after reading the description the most likely answer.
I'm actually okay with this explanation too.

Other lore talk incoming:

Did they ever explain
what was going on with Gommorah and the other demons in the prologue? Rodin says something like "something's up" and that's it. I can understand the demons fighting you in Inferno because they see you as another soul to capture, but they do show up elsewhere. Then there's the Angels and Demons are working together near the end. Was Aesir was able to control them or convince them to help him stop her? I'm sure I missed something in those last few missions about that.

If it was a case of both Paradiso and Inferno wanting to see the human world destroyed, then that leaves questions about why Bayonetta's demons are so loyal to their contract with her when Gommorah can just say "fuck it" and kill Jeanne. It really feels like Aesir had something to do with it but I don't remember if it's ever mentioned.

(I actually love the lore in this series for how much "I don't know what's happening" comments it gets.)

FirLocke

Soooo, how do I send a friend a co-op request for tag climax? Quick match says that I'm either paired with a random player or I can send a co-op request to a friend, but I didn't see an option to send that request.

Soooo, how do I send a friend a co-op request for tag climax? Quick match says that I'm either paired with a random player or I can send a co-op request to a friend, but I didn't see an option to send that request.

Do Find Partner and then go to the bottom to find your friends who are online. It'll display their mii name and a heart next to it. They can accept by going to quick match.

Killing Balder made the world unstable and a second armageddon was about to happen. And Paradiso and Inferno where looking for Lokis power for their own plans So it could also be possible that Inferno tried to kill Bayonetta to regain the balance.

Also let's not forget that Loki's power basically gave a person control over the eyes, and therefore the human world. Lots of souls there. Can you imagine a demon getting their hands on both eyes?

It still doesn't really explain why they're around with Loptr at the end.

Neiteio

So if I understand the plot correctly:

There once was a God of Chaos presiding over the human realm. His name was Aesir. Part of him took pity on humanity, and split himself in two: Loptr (his evil side) and Loki (his good side). The good side, Loki, retained the "Sovereign Power" that gave him control over the Eyes of the World. These eyes were bestowed upon humanity to give them free will. One eye went to the Lumen Sages, and one eye went to the Umbran Witches, who together maintained a balance that moved mankind forward. Fast-forward to the Witch Hunts, and Loptr kills Rosa so that when Loki appears in the present, he can convince Balder to time-travel to the present and hunt down Loki, thinking Loki is Loptr, the man who killed his lover. Loptr wants Loki dead so that he can regain his Sovereign Power, once again becoming Aesir, only this time without that pesky "good side" getting in the way. To further cement his power, he needs to recapture the Eyes of the World from Balder and Bayonetta, robbing man of free will -- or so he thinks. In the end, Bayonetta and Balder (her father) were able to defeat Loptr since Loki remembered how to use his "trump card" -- Aesir's ability to negate, or turn to nothing, anything and everything. He negated Loptr's power, Loptr's body was defeated by Omne (a new summon, existing at the intersection of light and dark, brought about by Bayonetta and Balder) and destroyed by Gomorrah, and then Balder trapped Loptr's soul before it could flee to another time period to be reincarnated again. Doing so means Balder will go mad, since the evil influence of Loptr is so strong. When he loops back 500 years in time to Vigrid, the newly-evil Balder carries on the witch hunts, which will of course lead to the events of Bayonetta 1, where in his madness he attempts to resurrect Jubileus, and is defeated by his daughter. Which as we see at the start of Bayonetta 2, leads to him passing away at the head of Jubileus in some jungle somewhere, dragging down Loptr's spirit with him. Together, the two games form a perfect loop.

Phew.

Astral Dog

Also let's not forget that Loki's power basically gave a person control over the eyes, and therefore the human world. Lots of souls there. Can you imagine a demon getting their hands on both eyes?

It still doesn't really explain why they're around with Loptr at the end.

It doesnt explain that,but i assume that the Demons were working with him because he got more powerful, and its established they can only be ruled by that, Loptr already convinced the angels to work with him because they needed the eyes to resurrect Jubileus.

The demons attacking Bayonetta had to do with the loss of the right eye, that weakened Paradiso and some demons wanted more souls.

It doesnt explain that,but i assume that the Demons were working with him because he got more powerful, and they can only be ruled by that, Loptr already convinced the angels to work with him because they needed the eyes to resurrect Jubileus.

The demons attacking Bayonetta had to do with the loss of the right eye, that weakened Paradiso and some demons wanted more souls.

Wait, I had a bizarre realization.
What if they weren't working with Loptr, but working together to keep Loptr from gaining the eyes?

Astral Dog

Wait, I had a bizarre realization.
What if they weren't working with Loptr, but working together to keep Loptr from gaining the eyes?

No, the angels mention him and try to bring him Loki, the demons dont say anything,but its implied when they attack Bayonetta and Balder as they try to go to the mountain

Neiteio

RE: the demons:

I think the demons breaking their contracts is simply explained by the Right Eye of the World no longer being in play (in the present), hence the balance of power shifted in favor of the darkness. As for what's driving the demons, it's the same thing as always: Power. They'll defer to those they perceive to be stronger, but otherwise they seek to empower themselves with the acquisition of souls.

On a non-spoiler note, I love the designs for the demons -- the metallic exoskeletons, the geometric shapes, the purples and reds and greens. Very interesting take on the concept of a demon.

No, the angels mention him and try to bring him Loki, the demons dont say anything,but its implied when they attack Bayonetta and Balder as they try to go to the mountain

When they capture him, they're bringing him to the Gates of Paradiso, not to the mountain.

On a non-spoiler note, I love the designs for the demons -- the metallic exoskeletons, the geometric shapes, the purples and reds and greens. Very interesting take on the concept of a demon.

I think the names on most of them are the best. Some of them just flip your expectations on their heads, like Sloth. Also their titles are amazing.

Yeah some demons just don't want to play pets anymore at that point I guess. Also there is no hierarchy in Inferno like in Paradiso. So basically it's just survival of the fittest in Inferno.

Edit: Sloth design is brilliant. He has six arms and two of them are used as his feet. But I like Resentment better.

Best thing about the demons is they materialize from a blood red omen bottom upwards, compared to the yellow halo top to bottom the angels do. Heaven and hell, that kind of thing. Cute.

I studied the character art after completing the game, and I have to say most of the designs for the demons left something to be desired. Not that they are bad on their own, but the angel designs are so fantastic that the demons pale in comparison.

I actually like that the demons have a more hard, inorganic quality to them compared to the more fleshy, feathered angels.

pain.jpeg

hideous.jpeg

Astral Dog

When they capture him, they're bringing him to the Gates of Paradiso, not to the mountain.
Glamor, the flying angel on chapter 1 and 3, mentions him, as the "Prophetic one "

Yeah, the demons are cool, im fond of the dog and toad that Bayonetta summons, and Alraune.
The only issue is that they can get a bit repetitive with their theme and colors, as the angels.

imae

One of my favourite things about how the enemies are introduced (or recorded in the book of angels/demons) is the titles they have.

EMBRACER OF EXTREMES SLOTH

SWINDLER OF PROGRESS RESENTMENT

And yeah I agree the designs of the angels/demons themselves are fantastic, quite distinct and abstract, yet interesting.

Neiteio

I actually like that the demons have a more hard, inorganic quality to them compared to the more fleshy, feathered angels.

pain.jpeg

hideous.jpeg
Agreed, and please tell me there's even more where that art came from. Man, I love the designs on Pain and Pride in particular.

One of my favourite things about how the enemies are introduced (or recorded in the book of angels/demons) is the titles they have.

And yeah I agree the designs of the angels/demons themselves are fantastic, quite distinct and abstract, yet interesting.
Oh, those titles are great. And the music that plays when they're introduced and the black book snaps shut with the smoldering red background is SPOOKY.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Swindler of Progress is definitely the best title in the game honestly.

Neiteio

What was Pain's title?

Also, for a game series that is often mischaracterized as pandering to males, it's worth noting they didn't have a Lust demon or any corresponding sexy design (although Alraune had the sexy Lolita thing going).

Astral Dog

Agreed, and please tell me there's even more where that art came from. Man, I love the designs on Pain and Pride in particular.

Oh, those titles are great. And the music that plays when they're introduced and the black book snaps shut with the smoldering red background is SPOOKY.

diomedes.jpeg

fury.jpeg

labolas_thumb.jpg

What was Pain's title?

Also, for a game series that is often mischaracterized as pandering to males, it's worth noting they didn't have a Lust demon or any corresponding sexy design (although Alraune had the sexy Lolita thing going).
There is a sexy angel for that.

I beat this last night on normal. I don't know if it was easier than the first one on normal, but I never finished the first one on normal, because I had to drop it down to easy during that late Jeanne fight with the rockets. I was never very good at these games, because I have a hard time remembering all the combos. That was a long time ago too. But I really appreciate the training mode in B2. It really helped me get some moves down. The first one had the loading training, but that was never enough time to get any real learning done.

Anyway, I got Jeanne and then bought a bunch of costumes without realizing you have to buy them separately for Jeanne and Bayonetta. Doh! I'm going to keep farming halos to unlock more stuff and I want to play B1 again too.

Top Bottom