• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

jwillenn

^lol

haven't even started my run yet! Stealth Inc. 2 got in the way, so I decided to postpone my IC run. Right now I'm just casually playing Tag Climax, Trials, and buying everything that remains to be bought.

Astral Dog

Yo, is there a Climactic Battle or Tables Turn equivalent in this game? I'm nearing the end and I feel like the bosses haven't had these proper track change moments I was hoping for/expecting. Maybe it's just a Kamiya-game thing at this point?

There is something similar at
the Final boss
, but just that, i guess.

Jintor

Whip became godlike when I finally realised that the grab always triggers in witch time no matter how boss the enemy

Jintor

I really would pay money for a weapon import pack though. Miss my onyx roses and my beautiful claws. And even killgore

Skittles

rosa
so fun in tag climax, about to lose? Pop your umbran climax and hold x down to instantly win. Guy got so upset he instantly left after the last battle. Shame she gets fucking rekt in one hit

Neiteio

FASHION ALERT

Smash-GAF knows I love me some boots. Here are some of the best boots in Bayonetta 2:

Jeanne (default):

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01syu9u.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01i2ukl.jpg

Star Mercenary:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01twoh2.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01aau9r.jpg

Alraune:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01kkr6e.jpg

I'd also like to recognize her dress:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dyq6a.jpg

Forget new chapters, weapons, etc., what we really need for DLC is even more footwear options. A Lucina costume would've been exquisite. Captain Falcon, too, while we're at it!

Just bought it in the UK, I didn't realise we don't get Bayonetta 1 with it...great :(

You had to get the special edition which would have been a box that'll have both games in separate cases. At least in Australia it cost the standard price. Deal of the century

FASHION ALERT

Smash-GAF knows I love me some boots. Here are some of the best boots in Bayonetta 2

Forget new chapters, weapons, etc., what we really need for DLC is even more footwear options. A Lucina costume would've been exquisite. Captain Falcon, too, while we're at it!

How are you taking screen shots from the game? Dem boots XD

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
There's another box which has both games. The Special edition. Wasn't it released in the UK?

I ordered it from tesco direct, there was no special edition shown, I incorrectly assumed it came with Bayonetta 1, I didn't realise we had different versions in the UK.

JLeack

Banned
I just beat Bayonetta 2. Overall, it's very good. The combat is best of genre IMO, and with several weapons and the Nintendo costumes there's some replay value.

My main issue is with the story. There are so many cutscenes, especially the stop action ones. I didn't like any of them really.

Also, the game lacked the spark of being introduced to Bayonetta, which was part of what made the first game so extraordinary to me.

It's a super strong character action game. I'd give it an 8.5/10. I gave the first Bayonetta a 9.0/10.

Jintor

I kinda wish I could have three active weapon sets at a time, though I very switching between them would be hella confusing

Wierd that not using items can bump you from what would be a gold chapter to a platinum. Had 5 golds, 2 pure platinums and a platinum (or 2) and the chapter averaged out to platinum. In the first game you could maybe get one gold to average a plat.

Do you get anything for getting plat/pure plat on all chapters? I just read that you get Jeanne for beating the game on 3rd climax.

Wierd that not using items can bump you from what would be a gold chapter to a platinum. Had 5 golds, 2 pure platinums and a platinum (or 2) and the chapter averaged out to platinum. In the first game you could maybe get one gold to average a plat.

Do you get anything for getting plat/pure plat on all chapters? I just read that you get Jeanne for beating the game on 3rd climax.

She unlocks if you finish the game on any difficulty.

Unlock spoilers for those who haven't reached Chapter XIII:

You unlock Rosa for finishing the game on 3rd Climax

Neiteio

How are you taking screen shots from the game? Dem boots XD
Home button --> Internet browser --> abload.de --> Bilder von der Festplatte hinzufugen (upload from computer -- in this case, it'll capture what's on the screen in uncompressed 720p) --> Abload! (Upload) --> copy/paste the direct link --> open new tab, open GAF, sign in, create private message to yourself, paste the link --> then come back here and share!

Bombless

Platinum on all Chapters gets you a bracer.

Learning something new about this game every time I check this thread. This is one reason why I love PG's games so much.
You should try holding the button with each weapon! Everything does something different. Always play with command normals like 360+attack too.

Monocle

The hammer has 2 different 360 attacks depending on in what direction you're spinning. right side you start spinning around 'til you stop. Left side after the third spin you see a symbol like that one when you parry an attack, which sends most smaller enemies flying.
Charge the hammer for added damage output for 5 sec.
Are you sure about this? I can't get the left side version to work. No matter which direction I spin the stick in, I can either tap the button repeatedly to trigger the spins, or tap it once for a single swing.

Neiteio

This invisible treasure chest at the end of Chapter 15 is driving me crazy. You have to platform across huge pillars to collect all of the pieces. Anyone have any tips on how to do this? I struggle to reach the tallest pillars in the center courtyard, let alone do it in a time limit.

Jeanne is unbelievably sexy!
noah.png

I just love using her and seeing that walk and tight red outfit.
noah.png

I ended up buying most outfits for her rather than Bayonetta.

This invisible treasure chest at the end of Chapter 15 is driving me crazy. You have to platform across huge pillars to collect all of the pieces. Anyone have any tips on how to do this? I struggle to reach the tallest pillars in the center courtyard, let alone do it in a time limit.

From the chest, panther run to the first archway, jump up onto the arch as Bayonetta to grab the first piece, platform to the next two pieces as Bayonetta, zigzag across to the right side as the crow, dodge to turn back into Bayonetta as you grab the fourth piece and land on the pillar, turn back into the crow to get the last piece.

It's tough.

Monocle

Wait when does it freeze bosses? In Witch time?
That's the easiest way to make it happen because the enemy can't dodge, but it works outside of Witch Time too. The effect seems to activate after you've blasted the enemy with ice (by holding punch or kick) for long enough within a certain period of time. I haven't bothered to time this directly, but on Infinite Climax you need to blast bosses for roughly nine seconds, which is about three fully extended punches. This even works on the Platinum Ticket version of Rodin.

Ice Undine + Bracelet of Time = popsicle party.

JEKKI

aw man the strategy guide sucks lol.

I'm using it to find all the birds which is cool I guess,

but it's so bad it makes u wish for ethics in journalism.

Neiteio

From the chest, panther run to the first archway, jump up onto the arch as Bayonetta to grab the first piece, platform to the next two pieces as Bayonetta, zigzag across to the right side as the crow, dodge to turn back into Bayonetta as you grab the fourth piece and land on the pillar, turn back into the crow to get the last piece.

It's tough.
I actually got it after I made that post. Here's the approach I took:

Panther run up to first archway, grab first piece... jump to right pillar, leap to pillar in front with quick butterfly float, grab second piece... leap to pillar across courtyard to left, grab third piece... panther double-jump to distant pillar straight ahead, leap over to fourth piece... panther leap to pillar on opposite side of courtyard, grab fifth piece.

I had five seconds left on the clock, and I think I had to attempt the archway at the start twice, so I guess it's more forgiving than it seems at first.

Monocle

I actually got it after I made that post. Here's the approach I took:

Panther run up to first archway, grab first piece... jump to right pillar, leap to pillar in front with quick butterfly float, grab second piece... leap to pillar across courtyard to left, grab third piece... panther double-jump to distant pillar straight ahead, leap over to fourth piece... panther leap to pillar on opposite side of courtyard, grab fifth piece.

I had five seconds left on the clock, and I think I had to attempt the archway at the start twice, so I guess it's more forgiving than it seems at first.
I was just about to respond. Might as well post my post.

I don't know exactly how the pieces are laid out, so I might be wrong on the details, but here's what I remember doing:

1. Panther run to archway, wall jump onto archway (by jumping against it), jump to first pillar
2. Panther jump to second pillar
3. Double jump, fly with crow to third pillar
4. Jump, fly with crow to fourth pillar

Use the dodge button to cancel crow form and land on the pillars when you need to.

DooD1234

I just beat the game tonight and woo what an adventure it was. My only complaint is that the adventure was too short lol.
glad there apparently lost witch trial which I'll try tomorrow.
. I like this game better than the first because I find all the weapons really fun and none of the chapters really lasted way too long like the Skyscraper chapter in Bayonetta 1 and thank god they got rid of the stupid instant death QTE. Haven't tried the Wii U version of Bayonetta 1 but I felt the second game also has faster loading times than the one I played on PS3.

Ending spoiler
did the ending of this game basically just looped back to bayonetta 1 again?

I really would pay money for a weapon import pack though. Miss my onyx roses and my beautiful claws. And even killgore

Sai-Fung, Pillow Talk, Bazillions...

Are you sure about this? I can't get the left side version to work. No matter which direction I spin the stick in, I can either tap the button repeatedly to trigger the spins, or tap it once for a single swing.
Hm maybe the input is different and I accidentally trigger it through spinning left? Maybe my descriptions was confusing, it's counterclockwise.

Edit: Okay the right input for the attack is <- -> P. Sorry for the misinformation.

Goddamn,
Masked Lumen
is so fucking awesome to play as. I really wish they had opened up the witch trials to the tag climax characters as well so I could goof around some more. Feels like there's still so much potential in there.

Yeah...

Dreavus

Goddamn,
Masked Lumen
is so fucking awesome to play as. I really wish they had opened up the witch trials to the tag climax characters as well so I could goof around some more. Feels like there's still so much potential in there.

Also witch trial V is absolutely bananas.

Top Bottom