• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I like the lack of an item penalty but rather a "no items" bonus.

Yeah this is great, I just got done with bayo 1 and I hated having to use a item, even more hating thinking that I might have needed the item for a later part of a chapter.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
no I'm talking about just normal new weapons. Only one I have are blades.
Yeah I've unlocked the blades, bow, and fire/ice maracas(?) and I'm on chapter 5. Only had to go a little out of my way to get the last one but the LPs are pretty much dropped right in front of you otherwise. Not sure how you walked past the second one.

WTF... U sure your not crazy and deaf?

This is probably one of the worst, if not worst story/setup I've seen thus far. Why? B/c it actually takes away from the flow of the game its SO STUPID. That being said, still playing it b/c the gameplay is good.
Friend needs rescuing... Not much different from most game setups yet bayonetta's is the worst?

Fugetaboutit

Seriously the setup and what goes on is perfectly fine. Maybe it's the characters themselves you don't particularly like.

Delt31

WTF... U sure your not crazy and deaf?

Friend needs rescuing... Not much different from most game setups yet bayonetta's is the worst?

Fugetaboutit

Seriously the setup and what goes on is perfectly fine. Maybe it's the characters themselves you don't particularly like.

you're prob right. the characters in this game are dreadful (save bayonetta). The incredibly stereotypical italian being the worst.

Jintor

I admit if you can't sing the boss lyrics to yourself it's not MGR level but mah gawd

I do think the bosses don't seem as cool, heads for swords or not. Not that the big Virtues were any real fun to fight or anything but still

Jintor

The best part about Luka is that... I think it's Yuri Lowenthal just unapologetically using his Yosuke (Persona 4) voice. I think.

Zomba13

I admit if you can't sing the boss lyrics to yourself it's not MGR level but mah gawd

I do think the bosses don't seem as cool, heads for swords or not. Not that the big Virtues were any real fun to fight or anything but still

I love the MGR soundtrack but hearing this pop-up in a battle was the hypest shit. Really, really should have been used more. At least it's the song that plays during a certain special Tag Climax verse.

Son Of D

Finished the story earlier. Some thoughts regarding the final boss:

Whilst the battle itself is better than Jubileus I can't help but feel disappointed with the build up to it. Throughout the final chapter I never felt like I was playing the final chapter. Not sure if that's because of the jet part at the beginning, the scale seemd a bit toned down (until the battle with Aesir) or maybe even because it was labelled as Chapter XVI as opposed to Epilogue (but that's just me being picky).

Not sure what I would have done differently though. Maybe have Chapter XVI end after Prophet takes Loki's power then just have the Aesir battle be a standalone chapter where something else happens beforehand or even just have the chapter be the boss fight.

Overall though it is a fun game. An improvement over the first game that's for certain. Not sure if it's actually harder than Bayonetta 1 or if that's just because I'm very familiar with the first game as opposed to me being unfamiliar with enemy patterns in this one.

Also, another random thought about a hypothetical sequel (has spoilers for the ending):

Seeing that Bayonetta 1 had Jubileus, the deity of Light, as the final boss and Bayonetta 2 had Aesir, the deity of Chaos, as the final boss, would a hypothetical Bayonetta 3 be about fighting Sheba, the deity of Darkness, for whatever reason? Granted I have no idea where they'll fit this into the plot with Balder and the time loop but they'll probably find a way.

Delt31

Yeah I've unlocked the blades, bow, and fire/ice maracas(?) and I'm on chapter 5. Only had to go a little out of my way to get the last one but the LPs are pretty much dropped right in front of you otherwise. Not sure how you walked past the second one.

no idea either although I have been going fairly quickly. I will replay and get them thanks!

Zomba13

The best part about Luka is that... I think it's Yuri Lowenthal just unapologetically using his Yosuke (Persona 4) voice. I think.

Yup. Luksuke. Yosuka? I dunno if I had played Bayo 1 before or after Persona 4 but at that time didn't pick up on them being the same but here it's like Yosuke grew up and became a cowboy/failed batman.

robotrock

Banned

Oh fuck. This makes so much sense.
I love the MGR soundtrack but hearing this pop-up in a battle was the hypest shit. Really, really should have been used more. At least it's the song that plays during a certain special Tag Climax verse.

Ughhhh I need this soundtrack CD set ASAP

Astral Dog

I've only unlocked 1 weapon and on chapter 8. WTF. Need more weapons/variety. When does the next one hit?

WHAT, how can this be possible? dont they basically give you new weapons as you go? stop and go back to replay the chapters, just explore a little.

Zomba13

Hypothetical Bayo 3 plot (bayo 1 and 2 spoilers):
Obviously it'd end in a big fight against Sheba bringing the sense of scale back to Bayo 1 levels (can always have a bayo 2 style end fight before the final final giant boss). Plot could be that there was one more witch left from the witch hunts, let it be another little girl (or maybe a little boy with witch powers to turn things on their heads?) to keep the Bayonetta motherly thing going. Have the child witch make a pact with Sheba or something and Sheba decides to use this opportunity (Chaos god locked in a time loop, light goddess atomised in the sun) to try and branch out, maybe try and rejoin the realities for whatever reason. Delve into the back story on why the realities broke apart. Have Jeanne along for the ride for a big bunch of it, maybe allowing co-op in the story? Have a multiplayer mode where it's vs. A Vs Climax if you will. Let us have intense 1 on 1 fights with other real people. Have the games colour be green or yellow (so we'd have RGB or RBY).

Astral Dog

This game fuckin rules but the soundtrack and writing are absolutely terrible. Not that i care too much though, I'm having way too much fun.

The soundtrack? This soundtrack?

And the first game is even better.

I seriously dont get the people that hate Bayonettas soundtrack, its one of the best things about the game and fits perfectly.

The only complaint i have its that they overuse the battle themes on both games, when there is a lot of awesome songs to choose.

Edit: Shit, even the movie had a great soundtrack.

Delt31

WHAT, how can this be possible? dont they basically give you new weapons as you go? stop and go back to replay the chapters, just explore a little.

i can assure you that exploring is necessary since I missed them first round by just going forward and fighting

Beat it earlier today. Took a ten minute break and started another playthrough. Keep this train rolling Nintendo, Bayonetta 3 in 2016
a year after Vanquish 2

Jintor

I just love that during the E3 Treehouse stream they were showing it off and when they finally got to the end the director was like "Okay so that's the prologue" and the non-P fans watching the stream were like "PROLOGUE?!?!?!??!?!"

Bombless

Wait, what? When/how does it happen? I can't remember what chapter 10 was off-hand.

It happened to me too. I laughed but at the same time kept running. You can (sort of) dodge too!
Ceresita sort of ducks if I remember right.
Hilarious.

Also Luka ends up doing quite a bit of good! I wonder how the pages of his journal ended up all over the damn
realms
though.

dani_dc

Chapter 5

Can't say I care for Loki so far, needs less of him, but I don't expect that to happen.

Didn't care much for
underwater power
, it wasn't bad, but it was kind of just there.

Segment with the
sphere was fun but I wish they had done something more with it such as a boss fight, hopefully they make use of this mechanic later on.

Still using default items, thinking of sticking with them during my first run.

Really dislike the hidden fights/backtracking for rankings, hated them on MGR as well.

Top Bottom