• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

I don't remember the name of the boss but it was a
Nightmare demon
I think? Not 100% sure.

Not everything with a health bar is a boss.

It's called Resentment. It's the snake-like demon with the mutated right arm. The attack you're talking about is the very first thing it does in the fight where you first encounter it.

kick51

Banned
Beat 3rd climax. Did good on collectibles...all LPs, all umbran resting places, 14 birds. I think i only have one or two alfeims left. Overall, it's more bayo...and i'm just getting started. Very glad i impulse bought it yesterday. Both games are so good it's not worth comparing. There are trade offs here and there. One big loss is
infinite climax is not non-stop.

Just to tie up some loose ends:
Does she say "flock off" or "fuck off" during a launcher/wicked weave

Also, what does the butterfly symbol in practice mean again...

Seik

Banned
Man, we're getting beaten to the ground. D:

I need to step my game up...

Your chain chomp is adore btw. :3

EDIT: Holy crap I should not take that difficulty for these secret cards. D:

Man, we're getting beaten to the ground. D:

I need to step my game up...

Your chain chomp is adore btw. :3

EDIT: Holy crap I should not take that difficulty for these secret cards. D:
Haha. Man. We are.

And thanks! Love that thing.

EDIT: Yeah, at worst 1 star :p zero if you're wary.

kick51

Banned
You know...the camera angles when it "takes a photo" after a fight never seem to work out. It's always just a mess of stuff lol

Reminds me of tates in shinobi, when the camera is just pointing nowhere sonetimes

Jintor

You know...the camera angles when it "takes a photo" after a fight never seem to work out. It's always just a mess of stuff lol

Reminds me of tates in shinobi, when the camera is just pointing nowhere sonetimes

It used to work beautifully in Bayo 1, especially the Angel Slayer levels, but now more often than not it's just a shot of an angel's backside as they explode or something

Seik

Banned
How come your health is so low? I just noticed you only have one bar. Haven't been buying hearts?

Oh man, that's awkward, I didn't even know you could buy hearts. (EDIT: Just bought a two hearts with the money I made)

So far I was busy just collecting them in the Story Mode. =_=

I had to leave, it's 1AM here and I'm working tomorrow, that was really fun though! :D

Tag Climax is really something better than what I expected, it's really complete and there's an impressive number of verses, I'll stick with this for a long time.

Oh man, that's awkward, I didn't even know you could buy hearts.

I had to leave, it's 1AM here and I'm working tomorrow, that was really fun though! :D
Yeah, you can buy them and each counts as a whole, so you get health right away. Time to invest :p

Anyone else want to play some Tag Climax?

kick51

Banned
Oh man, that's awkward, I didn't even know you could buy hearts. (EDIT: Just bought a two hearts with the money I made)

Tag Climax is really something better than what I expected, it's really complete and there's an impressive number of verses, I'll stick with this for a long time.

You still have to collect them. There's a set number in the store and set number in game, which add up to the whole bar.

Tanooki_Suit_Up

Neo Member
Just started Bayo1 for the first time, 44 minutes in. Mind: BLOWN. So glad I waited, it's gorgeous and plays perfectly, and the wii U Pro Controller is great.

Seik

Banned
You still have to collect them. There's a set number in the store and set number in game, which add up to the whole bar.

Good to know, that's what I thought when I realized the price was going up as I bought more hearts.

BTW, wanna do some Tag Climax in a near future, Kick? Add me, NNID: Seik666. :)

Just started Bayo1 for the first time, 44 minutes in. Mind: BLOWN. So glad I waited, it's gorgeous and plays perfectly, and the wii U Pro Controller is great.

Not only it is great, but maaaan that battery life, I'm done with Bayo 2's Story, almost done with B1 too, played a lot without charging it before having the game last friday.

The thing just won't die.

kick51

Banned
Good to know, that's what I thought when I realized the price was going up as I bought more hearts.

BTW, wanna do some Tag Climax in a near future, Kick? Add me, NNID: Seik666. :)

Sure, i don't have anyone on my NNID list yet

NNID: bluhblah

^^i should get a pro controller. Gamepad keeps dropping the signal. Might need a repair ;_;

Seik

Banned
Sure, i don't have anyone on my NNID list yet

NNID: bluhblah

^^i should get a pro controller. Gamepad keeps dropping the signal. Might need a repair ;_;

Can't find your NNID on Miiverse. D:

For all the posts above, I added all of you! The more the merrier for some future Bayo gameplay!

I just fought the first rival fight, and I really didn't like it. There was way too much shit going on in the background, and it frequently made it hard to even understand what was happening with my character and the enemy. I hope this doesn't become a frequent problem.

hao chi

Not only it is great, but maaaan that battery life, I'm done with Bayo 2's Story, almost done with B1 too, played a lot without charging it before having the game last friday.

The thing just won't die.

The battery on the pro controller is literally amazing. When I started Bayo 2, my battery was at three bars. Since then, I've beaten the game, replayed maybe 7-9 missions or so to do all the Muspelheims I missed, got to chapter 11 on a second playthrough, and played about an hour of Bayo 1. After all that, my battery is at two bars without being charged for even a second.

If you're still up for some I'll play NNID: Zomba13.
Hey, sorry, I got into a game with a random but we finished. I'll add you right now!

Mind if I add you guys? Not going to play tag now, but I'd be up for it in the future.
My NNID is dani_dreamcast

[/url]
Oh, hey, you ;) I'll add you.

Also, the difference between Bayo and Jeanne's Witch Time is such a game-changer. Basically, I'm seeing how terrible I actually am at PERFECT Witch Times. Bayo's are so generous.

Zomba13

The battery on the pro controller is literally amazing. When I started Bayo 2, my battery was at three bars. Since then, I've beaten the game, replayed maybe 7-9 missions or so to do all the Muspelheims I missed, got to chapter 11 on a second playthrough, and played about an hour of Bayo 1. After all that, my battery is at two bars without being charged for even a second.

The pro controller has godlike battery. It's amazing how much battery power it has and how light and thin it is.

JayEH

Beat the game. Had a real good time. The ending was definitely weaker than the first game in terms of story and gameplay. I started the game on 2nd climax and it was definitely a bit too easy for my taste. I think I only died maybe 5 times throughout the whole game.

As far as the story,
the reveal of the Masked Lumen was a let down. I guessed it was Balder the first time I saw him in a trailer. I did enjoy his redemption at the end though. Whoever said the last boss was straight outta Jojo was right lol. The biggest letdown for me in the story was it was all about time travel again.

So that's my thoughts, fantastic gameplay besides difficulty and ending. Story was a bit disappointing but you don't come to these games for the story.

9/10

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished.

I don't have much to say other than I was a bit disappointed. Not a bad game, but nowhere near as creative as the first game. The level design didn't feel anywhere near as interesting.

It just felt *slighter*. I don't really feel like replaying it right now, which is crazy given how much I played Bayonetta 1.

dani_dc

Chapter 7

Holy heck, that was basically boss fight after boss fight.

The witch time dodge felt completely off during the water fight. And using ell mode isn't intuitive in a fast paced fight due to the two analogue sticks controls, but I was getting used to it towards the end.

Jabu-Jabu's belly section was fun, visually different from your usual Bayonetta scenario. The boss fight there was basically a repeat of chapter 4, but not any less fun. I love fighting characters with similar abilities to my own in this games.
Oh, hey, you ;) I'll add you.

Fancy meeting you here! I'll accepted your invite when I get it!

That was a clutch last second dodge there dragonlife.

EDIT: switching to bayo
You carried me on that one. For some reason I'm really bad against Gomorrah. I'm just glad I managed to save you and your efforts, haha.

EDIT: I switched windows (playing on capture card) and the guy took all my health with one hit. Dayum.

Just finished 2nd climax. Really should have gone to 3rd right from the start, this was so easy. Only died once, or would have if I hadn't had a red hot shot and I only found one Muspelheim portal I couldn't complete. This is probably also why it seemed to move faster and felt shorter than the first game. Final boss was kind of disappointing, pretty anticlimactic compared to Jubileus. Fun battle though, just not very epic.

I'm going to spend a lot more time with it and see how higher difficulties change the experience, but right now I feel like the first one was better. It's a great game but feels like a very safe sequel... More of the same only not quite as fresh this time. Still a fantastic title, another masterpiece from Platinum and I can't thank Nintendo enough for bringing it to us. The easiest GotY decision I've made since Demon's Souls.

Zomba13

Things Bayonetta 3 (It will happen) needs:
Tag Climax 2
Versus Climax
Replay mode (with full camera control, photo mode and option to show with or without witch time slowing time)

Top Bottom