• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

ViviOggi

Help me out here guys, why am I so sure I've seen this motherfucker before?
b2-insidiousg1qev.jpg

He gives off both Gurren Lagann and W101 vibes and I'd swear he's an obvious reference to something, but ultimately I can't quite place him. This has been nagging me for days. Maybe I've just seen him in a trailer?

Sephzilla

Finished Bayonetta 1 over the weekend and jumped right into Bayonetta 2. I enjoyed Bayo 1 quite a bit but Bayo 2 already feels like a big upgrade. I'm through I think chapter 6 so far and this is my current GOTY.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
This is the loudest, craziest, fastest insane blow up ridiculous awesome action game i have ever seen, and nothing else is even close. I don't even have a game I'd really compare it to.

YES!!!!!!!

Volcynika

Only at Chapter X, but sometimes I just get weirdly exhausted by the over-the-topness of the game. I love it, but I can only take so much of the craziness at a time!

FtHTiny

Finally got time and picked it up.
I wish it would be possible for every controller to have the same button layout but that won´t happen sadly.
Only beat Chapter 1 but the game has already clicked with me. Visuals and combat are great, the over the top feeling from the first one is back as well.
Only downside so far for me is the boy that keeps on calling some shit when you open a chest or explore the level.

Im only at chapter 10 on bayo 1, I have been going a little slow. I wanna get to 2 so bad and play some big co-op with gaffers, it looks so damn fun lol.

Jintor

Finished up Normal and dicked around with a verse of Tag Climax, which is pretty cool.

Gotta say the overall story in Bayo 2 is a lot crappier than Bayo 1, mainly because I really did not enjoy pretty much anything about Loki and it seemed marginally less... I don't know, goal-orientated than Bayo 1? Admittedly you have set goals but it seemed to be lashing out in like fifteen directions. Still, everything to do with the Sage was pretty badass. Final boss kinda sucked, nothing like the spectacle of Jubelius. Did like the tie-ins to Bayo 1 though.

But really, story, Bayonetta, who cares. I gotta go get me a pro controller and bump it up to hard once I finish these witch trials... are there any witch trials that are straight up Angel Slayer? All-Star Mode?

Seik

Banned
Only at Chapter X, but sometimes I just get weirdly exhausted by the over-the-topness of the game. I love it, but I can only take so much of the craziness at a time!

Reminds me, during this week-end, one of my friend was doing his stuff while I was playing.

He was surprised to see I was all like ''Oof, that shit was intense.'' at the end of a chapter. He was like ''Really?'' and I was like ''Yeah, really man, to the point my arm hurts.'' Action games like this drive me nut on the controller and I need a minute to relax from the stress 'X' chapter gave me. :p

He also said I was saying ''Holy shit'' and ''Wow'' way too much, though he thinks the game is shit, opinions, man. :D

Even though I'm done with the story mode, I just can't wait to finish my working day to jump back in the game to unlock more stuff and to play more Tag Climax. I had a blast yesterday with dragonlife.

69wpm

I've made a Google document for us who want to climax play co-op together. I've contacted the OP to add it to the OT, for now quote to reveal here.

Finished my first playthrough of Bayo2 last night, 2nd Climax. I think it´s easier than Bayo1, I only died 3 or 4 times in all the playthrough and all the deaths were due to instakill attacks (except one death in the final boss). I´m no master, in fact I have to relearn dodge offset ´cause I almost didn´t use it in all the game, so I was surprised at blazing through the game with so little trouble. I died a lot on my first playthrough of Bayo 1 on Normal, but this may also be because of all the ways to regain health in 2, that helped a lot.

BAD
  • Some enemies have attacks that instakill you...I don´t like that at all.
  • Infinite Climax is a 'Win button'.
  • Muspelgheims (sp?) were too easy. There were 1 or 2 more difficult, but I completed the vast majority on the first try, with the limited equipment you have in the first playthrough.
  • Checkpoints that kill exploration: sometimes you had different paths to take: one will probably take you to a hidden Muspelgheim, a piece of heart of something, but if you take the wrong path you trigger a cutscene, the game advances and you can´t go back to check the other path. It adds to the replay value but is a bit frustrating.

GOOD
  • Everything else. This game is fantastic, they polished everything that didn´t work in 1 which already was a masterpiece and released a true tribute to gamers.
  • Practice mode with enemies! :D :D :D
  • The Lost Chapter is awesome, it truly forces you to 'git gud'. Love it.
  • Now you can use Angelic Weapons and your custom weapon setup at the same time, instead of them replacing your normal attacks like in B1. HUGE combat design improvement with such a small change.
  • The story, cheesy at it may be, allowed for one of the greatest YEAHH!! moments I´ve had in gaming:
    when you fight in the falling clockwork tower which is the starting point of Bayo 1. I was with a big smile on my face through all the scene.
  • The story also gave depth and motivations to some important characters, fleshing the Bayo universe to a bigger degree,
    specially Balder: after playing B1 I thought he had used Bayo´s mother as a mean of conceiving the child that would wield the left eye, but now I see his actions in B1 have real ground and I no longer think of him as such a big jerk. Quite the opposite, he´s turned out to become one of my favourite characters. He really loved Rosa, cared for Cereza and made the ultimate sacrifice at the end of Bayo2.
  • The references to other games and stuff:
    the Valiantium blade, the game Rodin plays where you springle magic powder on a chicken, the jet borrowed form Alex Kidd, the 'ask your mom' taunt and many more things :)
    These little details are great, I wonder why no other developer does this kind of things.

Some questions regarding the story:
How did
young Balder get to Bayonetta´s time
in the first place? I may have missed this...

I´ve seen many people here saying that the end of Bayo 2 leaves the plot set for a possible Bayo 3. But,
I think the end scene pretty clearly leaves everything set for the events that happened in Bayo 1 instead of a new Bayo 3. Balder travels to the past, is corrupted and starts his search of the left eye. Am I missing something?

What control setting are you guys using? I´m playing on the gamepad with the standard setting, but I may switch Evade to a different button, I feel like the deadzone of the trigger is too wide. Any suggestions?

Such a great game, I´m going to be playing the hell out of this for the next months.

Here's what Saur (who does the system breakdowns on Youtube and co-wrote the official Bayonetta guide for Future) has to say about Umbran Climax as a 'win button'.

My head is now officially blowing up.

The people bitching about the system haven't a fucking clue what they're talking about, Platinum have built a completely new aerial combo game.

First off, Umbran Climax is not the Win Button it felt like initially, in the harder settings it's pretty much Viewtiful Joe's ZOOM. It's a "caps lock" key, a modifier which you toggle at key points to extend your combos by inflicting massive hit reactions which cause the same effect to heavy enemies as light ones.

The reason why Wicked Weaves don't inflict the hit reactions they used to is to balance the system with the Umbran Climax mechanic. In this game the really big damaging combos are far more about resource management than purely the dexterity of the player. You have to work out exactly when you need to trigger Umbran Climax to launch or relaunch enemies, or even to keep an enemy locked in hit stun.

The reason why the Enemy Step/Jump Cancel has a cooldown is because it's part of a really simple but clever new aerial combo mechanic. In this game you can jump indefinitely, but there's a cooldown after your 2nd jump, you have to work out how to stay in the air until that cooldown expires. This means squeezing every last drop out of every aerial combo you do in order to expire the cooldown to gain another jump. On top of this you have to manage your meter so that you have Climax available in order to relaunch.

The reason why certain enemies "combo break" is to stop you spamming normals, it's harsher than the original score penalty.

It's not dumbed down at all, it's fucking insane!

Seik

Banned
I've made a Google document for us who want to climax play co-op together. I've contacted the OP to add it to the OT, for now quote to reveal here.

That's a great idea! Added my infos. :D

I can imagine a strong community for Tag Climax, it really is a better online co-op than what I expected.

I expected some cheap co-op with something like 10 verses or something like that, but no, you just have everything, all the enemies and bosses, and more.

Like one of Bayo's summons I tried with Dragonlife at 2 stars, with which we got backfired pretty quickly, I didn't expect exclusive bosses. :O

They really went all out with this damn game, I'm an official addict, now.

I beat 3rd Climax today as well, which netted me
Mamanetta (AKA Rosa, lol) and that adorable, wicked strong Chain Chomp weapon.
Hell yes! And here I was worrying it would take too long to bag all of the playable characters.

Oh man, so that's how you get the
Chain Chomp
! I need to do 3rd Climax ASAP! :D

If I told me two week ago self that I had only barely started the first chapter by the Monday after I would be upset. I want more time to play the game! :(

That's where I'm at and I'm ridiculously happy having made it that far, actually.

I beat Bayonetta 1 yesterday morning in what I consider to be fantastic time for myself heh

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
OMFG, I just unlocked the two bonus characters for Tag Climax in a pair of back-to-back quick matches. I don't know if I got incredibly lucky or if the random verse cards are fairly common, but I'm pumped. (Edit: Wow, and the
Bayonetta and Jeanne
card just showed up when I was messing around with a CPU partner! Turns out
Rodin is as strong as he's portrayed in story mode, because he cleaned them up no problem.
Also, that win quote...
"Best not to fuck with dudes with face tattoos."
Aww yeah.)

I beat 3rd Climax today as well, which netted me
Mamanetta (AKA Rosa, lol) and that adorable, wicked strong Chain Chomp weapon.
Hell yes! And here I was worrying it would take too long to bag all of the playable characters.

My only real concern now is getting the Climax Brace for that sweet infinite magic. There's a lot of contradictory information out there. Michellegun201, the awesome player on YouTube, claims it shows up in the shop after you collect all of the crows (giving you 20 tears of blood), but I already did that and no brace!

On the other hand, I found a couple of sites that say you have to earn all 50 tears of blood, meaning 30 achievement thingies and 20 crows. I sure hope they're wrong because some of the achievements seem way harder than Bayonetta 1's. Like, I don't even want to think about killing all the enemies in the
final level's jet fighter shmup
, or beating the Chapter 12 boss with no damage. And I'd rather not try to tackle Nonstop Infinite Climax immediately. I'm pretty decent at this game but not good enough to keep my health up against the faster and trickier enemies on higher difficulties.

Oh, and at least one other site says the Climax Brace is unlocked by getting all Platinums on 2nd Climax, while the Climax Brace 2 is unlocked by doing the same in 3rd Climax. WTF! Get it straight, people.

Climax Brace is infinite magic and is obtained by getting all 50 Umbran Tears of Blood like it was in the first game

Climax Brace 2 strengthens your wicked weaves but causes you to take more damage and that's obtained by getting all Platinums on 2nd Climax or higher

Neff

I really don't understand the dissent over Umbran Climax, the damage it deals to enemies and regenerates on your part isn't significant, and magic meter is better used to take out regular enemies anyway. It's merely a tool to tip the scales slightly if you're desperate. It's not even up there with Devil Trigger imo.

69wpm

Sure, i don't have anyone on my NNID list yet

NNID: bluhblah
If you're still up for some I'll play NNID: Zomba13.

Mind if I add you guys? Not going to play tag now, but I'd be up for it in the future.
My NNID is dani_dreamcast

NNID is Captain_Spanky. Still shocked they let me keep that.

Who wants to Tag Climax with me right now? My NNID is dragonlife29. I need to fuel my shopping spree, please. I want all the costumes :p

NNID is Bombless, feel free to add me up. I kinda suck but tag teaming is fun.

Hopefully those random cards are semi-frequent. Also, add me if you want to play some Tag Climax. My NNID is LadySiara.

Now get at me with those NNIDs so we can climax together. NNID: viewtifuljc, same as GAF handle

Quoting you guys so you add yourselves to the list. See my post above.

Sephzilla

Wait, people don't like Umbran Climax?

It's literally just Devil Trigger from Devil May Cry prime / Ripper Mode from MGR. At least it's not hideously broken like Reboot May Cry's Devil Trigger was.

Bought the guidebook on impluse today. Bit of a mixed bag.

Its not the same level of quailty artwork wise as the orginal guidebook and it has a couple lazy copy paste entries from the platinum blog in it.

However it has a wealth of damage data that isnt available anywhere else. I dont think ive even seen something this in depth for Bayo 1, much less 2.

If you are a newcomer to the series its worth picking up.

Its still worth getting to returning vets, but dont pay more than RRP. Once this thing goes out of print, I dont expect it to balloon up to ridiculous prices.

popyea

I really don't understand the dissent over Umbran Climax, the damage it deals to enemies and regenerates on your part isn't significant, and magic meter is better used to take out regular enemies anyway. It's merely a tool to tip the scales slightly if you're desperate. It's not even up there with Devil Trigger imo.

Yeah, I thought it was overpowered for a brief moment at the start, but then it just became something to alleviate the pressure of encounters. I don't even think it does that much extra damage, it just lets you get free hits on the enemies for a bit.

It's literally just Devil Trigger from Devil May Cry prime / Ripper Mode from MGR. At least it's not hideously broken like Reboot May Cry's Devil Trigger was.

My issue with it is the area of attack it has.

Unlike Devil trigger or ripper mode, it decimates the battlefield. You can hit everyone on screen with it.

I also doesn't help that Bayonetta already has far more "comeback" mechanics. Dante might be fine with DT but DT + Quicksliver activated by Dodge would break the game.

I don't mind it, my biggest problem with it is actually that I would much rather have taunt mapped to LB (or whatever the Wii U controller's equivalent is called) and Umbran Climax to down on the pad. During Bayonetta 1 I was pretty much constantly holding down taunt and you can't really do that now with the new mapping.

It's also a lot more overpowered than Devil Trigger (the original, not the reboot) thanks to its stunlocking and aoe properties, and it slightly discourages making use of the other plethora of functions your magic bar has.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm more wondering what role Torture Attacks play with Umbran Climax now. I've used them a couple times and each time just feel like it was always better to just use Umbran massive AoE sweeps to accomplish the same thing.

Though I also haven't dug super deep into anything yet. Do torture attacks do more for combo points in comparison?

ArynCrinn

Banned
Quoting you guys so you add yourselves to the list. See my post above.

NINID is - Jintek, add me! :)

To sort of round out my rant about the Sang-Fung (or lack thereof), I imagine if you could equip them to both hands and feet there should be a sort of a Paradiso version and a Inferno Version, and depending on which you equipped in what area would yield different combo's+weaves. The ability to equip in all 4 slots to activate a secondary left trigger combo potential and Witch Time effect and charge-up Bruce Lee kai's would be a crazy rewarding thing too! Along with the movement stance she had in Bayo 1.

My sort of imagining of how it would look, at least one-handed would be something between Bruce Lee, Maxi, and Ninja Gaiden Black...but in a very Bayo over-the-top style. That would be a damn awesome thing to see.

Also like to see the return of the Lazer Beams, Bazillions, and Lightsaber. A Polearm-type weapon wouldn't be bad to see either!

Sephzilla

My issue with it is the area of attack it has.

Unlike Devil trigger or ripper mode, it decimates the battlefield. You can hit everyone on screen with it.

I also doesn't help that Bayonetta already has far more "comeback" mechanics. Dante might be fine with DT but DT + Quicksliver activated by Dodge would break the game.

Yeah, climax definitely hits everything at once. Probably my one real issue with it.

I'm more wondering what role Torture Attacks play with Umbran Climax now. I've used them a couple times and each time just feel like it was always better to just use Umbran massive AoE sweeps to accomplish the same thing.

Though I also haven't dug super deep into anything yet. Do torture attacks do more for combo points in comparison?

Torture attacks guarantee angelic weapon drops, and you might get more combo points for them, I've never paid much attention to combo points honestly.

HYPE IS REAL!!!

so glad I gave Bayonetta a good 19 hours play for the full story and feel

just started Bayonetta 2 for the first time and wow so excite!

So, my country still didn't bring Bayo 2 which is absurd. Just ordered the game from amazon and it should reach in the next 5 or so days. *sighs* On the other hand, Lords of the Fallen and Sunset Overdrive leaked here so I'll be going out and getting those in abit.

Help me out here guys, why am I so sure I've seen this motherfucker before?

He gives off both Gurren Lagann and W101 vibes and I'd swear he's an obvious reference to something, but ultimately I can't quite place him. This has been nagging me for days. Maybe I've just seen him in a trailer?

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I was reminded of the Gyorg Pair from Minish Cap when I first saw it :D .

GyorgPair1.gif

Not trying to be an ass but people saying stuff like umbraclimax is a win button is so funny, till you've actually played nsic you really cant be saying shit about the combat, the combat is balanced around the end game challenges not very easy,easy and normall. Also theres no one hit kill enemy, they kill you in two hits and after the first you still have a chance to dodge the second part.

health and if getting rid of one enemy is far more important than group aoe damage.

Finished it last night on 2nd climax. I honestly had a harder time with the regular enemies than I did with the bosses. I didn't die once after getting Bat Within, and only died twice in the entire game due to the one-hit kill sections. Either way, I loved it. My expectations were miles high, and Platinum exceeded them. Definitely my GOTY as of now. Great soundtrack as well.

Couple of questions:

1. are the
alternate characters playable
in story mode, or just tag climax?

2. are there any penalties to using the Moon accessory, or is it just an addition to your moveset?

3. Are the fire/ice weapons good, because I just can't seem to figure it out yet

4. It doesn't matter what order you complete stages on 3rd Climax in order to get the rewards for beating that mode, right? Like you can go back and do preivous stages you never beat on that difficulty?

correojon

Here's what Saur (who does the system breakdowns on Youtube and co-wrote the official Bayonetta guide for Future) has to say about Umbran Climax as a 'win button'.
My head is now officially blowing up.

The people bitching about the system haven't a fucking clue what they're talking about, Platinum have built a completely new aerial combo game.

First off, Umbran Climax is not the Win Button it felt like initially, in the harder settings it's pretty much Viewtiful Joe's ZOOM. It's a "caps lock" key, a modifier which you toggle at key points to extend your combos by inflicting massive hit reactions which cause the same effect to heavy enemies as light ones.

The reason why Wicked Weaves don't inflict the hit reactions they used to is to balance the system with the Umbran Climax mechanic. In this game the really big damaging combos are far more about resource management than purely the dexterity of the player. You have to work out exactly when you need to trigger Umbran Climax to launch or relaunch enemies, or even to keep an enemy locked in hit stun.

The reason why the Enemy Step/Jump Cancel has a cooldown is because it's part of a really simple but clever new aerial combo mechanic. In this game you can jump indefinitely, but there's a cooldown after your 2nd jump, you have to work out how to stay in the air until that cooldown expires. This means squeezing every last drop out of every aerial combo you do in order to expire the cooldown to gain another jump. On top of this you have to manage your meter so that you have Climax available in order to relaunch.

The reason why certain enemies "combo break" is to stop you spamming normals, it's harsher than the original score penalty.

It's not dumbed down at all, it's fucking insane!

That makes sense, I was wondering why I couldn´t launch medium-sized enemies even with a Wicked Weave. Are there any demonstrative videos of how Saur says it should be used? I can´t figure out to keep the big enemies on the air but at the same time generate enough magic for the UC to keep on. Either I switch it off to gain time (but the enemy will fall) or keep it up (but this way I won´t be able to extend it long enough).

For all the people saying "I don´t get why people don´t like UC, it´s like Devil Trigger"...well, I´m not a fan of Devil Trigger/RipperMode/DmCTrigger either, I only used it regularly in DMC4 with Nero for two special moves that required it (just switch it on, perform the move and switch it off). I find these kind of techniques are very overpowered, but it may be that I´m not using them as they´re supposed to.

Not trying to be an ass but people saying stuff like umbraclimax is a win button is so funny, till you've actually played nsic you really cant be saying shit about the combat, the combat is balanced around the end game challenges not very easy,easy and normall. Also theres no one hit kill enemy, they kill you in two hits and after the first you still have a chance to dodge the second part.
I may be wrong, but I think the boss from which you get the whip has an attack that summons a whirpool on the floor and if it hits you, you die instantly.

Also, the nightmare´s attack is not a one hit, but it´s not like if it´s two hits because your abbilities are greatly diminished if you get hit by the first attack that turns you into a child. Can we leave it at 1.5 hit? :p

I'm adding everyone from the NNID spreadsheet. Can't wait to play with some people from GAF! Too bad the Wii U communcation tools are horrible.

Send me a PM if anyone wants to do some proper 3 Star challenges.

The Lamp

Well, now that I'm back from my ban after laughing at Polygon's review of Bayonetta 2, let me firmly reinforce why I was laughing. This is regarding Polygon's Bayonetta 2 review.

The clown at Polygon is clueless.

He complains about Bayonetta 2's sexuality.

1. To not redundantly recapture what has already been stated over dozens of pages in other threads, Bayonetta's sexuality is completely driven by herself. It is the difference between voyeurism and going to a strip club. Bayonetta invites her audience to gawk at her larger-than-life, absurd personality and her blunt femme fatale sexuality. This is present from the first 10 minutes of the game where she changes into her traditional outfit and she is fully aware from her facial expressions that we know what's going on, and she wants to flaunt herself to us. That's empowering for her. Platinum Games is not a little kid sneaking a camera into Bayonetta's wardrobe, Bayonetta is grabbing the camera and showing herself to us in her wardrobe.

2. Bayonetta's sexual promiscuity is intentionally absurd for comic relief, art style, and just personality for the game. There are numerous games who use overblown sexiness for comic relief, why pick on Bayonetta when she actually does it well, is in charge of it, and the game actually has some distinct personality for it?

Therefore, I completely disagree with this statement, "It's sexist, gross pandering, and it's totally unnecessary." I've just argued that it's not sexist, it's empowering. It might be pandering, but not in any serious creepy manner, just in a lighthearted and silly manner. As for unnecessary, I think the game would SERIOUSLY be lacking in personality without Bayonetta's flair for the erotic. Not only that, Bayonetta's sexiness is a CRUCIAL GAME MECHANIC. The game lives and breathes by the sexually-empowering concept that the more Bayonetta reveals, the more powerful her attack can become. This alone is worth an essay in terms of how Bayonetta is NOT sexist or shameful, but rather Bayonetta's control over her own power linked through her body is admirable. The game would feel like a broody female Dante's Inferno with flashier attacks and weapons and a better combat system if Bayonetta 2 did not have comical, silly, but crucial sexual promiscuity.

To dock 25% of points from a game because of what I described when the gameplay is PHENOMENAL and Bayonetta's in-game sexiness is actually a tenant of the game's mechanics (the more revealing, the more powerful the attack) makes Gies an absolutely incompetent person at evaluating video games in my mind (beyond his other laughable reviews).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, as for my own time with Bayonetta 2, I have been playing through Bayonetta 1 whilst my ban (since I had never played totally through it before) and while it was really fun, the level design felt lackluster and low-budget. The art style was there, but the levels were glorified ugly corridors.

You can tell Bayonetta 2 got special treatment, because not only are the cutscenes hilarious and well-designed now, they have the flair of a Michael Bay action movie. In addition, so far, the level design is top-notch and gorgeous. You can tell a lot of love was put in by Nintendo and Platinum.

This might be my favorite game of the year.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Actually let me think about this some more before I say anything

Also, the nightmare´s attack is not a one hit, but it´s not like if it´s two hits because your abbilities are greatly diminished if you get hit by the first attack that turns you into a child. Can we leave it at 1.5 hit? :p

Actually, you can Umbran Climax out of the child transformation. I try to actively save it as an "oh shit" button around those dudes.

Finished my first playthrough of Bayo2 last night, 2nd Climax.

BAD
  • Some enemies have attacks that instakill you...I don´t like that at all.
  • Infinite Climax is a 'Win button'.

You keep saying instakill... Are you talking about failing a QTE? You're playing on normal mode, I'm reasonably sure that as long as you're collecting enough Witch Hearts there isn't an instakill attack from the normal enemies. Can you clarify?

Infinite Climax, are you talking about the Climax Brace? Yes, it is the "easy win" button, that's why your scores aren't recorded when using it.

Your other points are totally valid. Muspelheim challenges don't hold a candle to the Alfheim challenges in Bayo 1, though honestly I think it's for the better because there were some bullshit Alfheim challenges.

Couple of questions:

1. are the
alternate characters playable
in story mode, or just tag climax?

2. are there any penalties to using the Moon accessory, or is it just an addition to your moveset?

3. Are the fire/ice weapons good, because I just can't seem to figure it out yet

4. It doesn't matter what order you complete stages on 3rd Climax in order to get the rewards for beating that mode, right? Like you can go back and do preivous stages you never beat on that difficulty?

1. There is an alternate character once you complete the game, not sure about the others yet, but given Bayo 1 I'd assume that it's just the one and the costumes.

2. Nope, you just get hit if you don't time the counter right.

3. Hold down the attack button to use the flamethrower/icethrower part of the weapons. It can stagger enemies and extends the combo, as well as triggering them to be set on fire/encased in ice. If you have them in ice, you can chuck them at the other enemies. They're not bad weapons, just a bit slow.

4. Correct. You can go in any direction you want.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
idk why I never made the connection that umbran climax was just a devil trigger until I read this page, I remember accidentally hitting L and starting it last night without the game telling me it was ready and loving how bayo looked.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
bayonetta 2 might be easier then bayo1 but I think, for my instance playing bayonetta over the weekend honed my skills for bayo2

Astral Dog

Witch Trial V is gonna take a lot of practice I think.

I don't necessarily think he was bad as a boss, but at the same time they have you fighting this villain that I had no real investment in. The fight against Virgil in DMC3 is not particularly epic in scope, it's just two guys fighting in a small basin of water (granted it was in hell, but there wasn't a lot to the scenery other than some cool architecture.) But the fight was memorable because of what it represented and what you felt toward the characters. I didn't feel much of anything toward Loptr, he was just some annoying guy for most of the game. I suppose you could say he killed Bayonetta's mother, but even that was in a flashback and I can't say it did much for me. If he had been a more hateable villain then I think the fight could have been better on a conceptual level even if it was not massive in scope like other Platinum bosses.

OK, after thinking a little more about this
In the end, Loptr is more of a rival to Loki, he and Balder are as important to the story as Bayonetta herself,The way Loptr kills Rosa, used his power to bring Balder to the present, and manipulated him to want revenge on Loki and kill Bayonetta was somewhat clever, while he acted as his "guide" the same way Loki did with Bayonetta.

Im going to writte until the point were Balder returns in time.
Its true that the ending and final boss of Bayonetta 2 is not on the same level as Bayonetta or Wonderful 101, but it was more the little touches more than the fight itself that made the ending of Bayo 2 still memorable in a way.
The dialogue between Bayonetta and her father was great, him freaking out when he has to jump, the line about "dont fuck with witches", pushing Bayonetta for an attack,Loptr strangling Luka, and then Loki while he explains his plans, Luka coming to save Loki out of nowhere, him absorbing the Eyes and becoming Aesir,, the final summoning with Bayonetta and Balder,them fighting together, Jubileus and Sheeba fusioning, Loki trashing Loptr, Jeanne summoning Gomorrah, the last scene when she calls him "daddy".
It was more of a straightforward fight,nothing special, in that regard, but Balder and Bayonetta made the ending.a bit memorable.

Top Bottom