• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Omzz

so im guessing theres no way to reload last checkpoints? in order to get pure platinum you have to go straight through correct?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I only wish
there was more of it. They hyped it up in the previews but you really only go to the big fiery Hell for one chapter(X), and then that boss fight who's totally Ishtaros from Ninja Gaiden Black

That surprised me too.
I thought damn near the entire game was going to be in Inferno with more of a demon focus. Instead you're there for a brief trip then the game's like "btw here's bayonetta 1 mothafucka" for a bigger chunk afterwards.

Revven

Just finally started Bayo 2 (played Bayo 1 for the last week) and holy shit the differences/improvements are so immediately apparent. I stopped at Chapter II but I'm already way more in love with this game than Bayo 1. No BS QTEs, the combat feels so much more improved, and the graphics (colors and everything, no more piss filter on everything) are allllll for the better.

I guess to throw in my thoughts on the final battle/climax:

[End Game Spoilers]
The final battles in Bayonetta 2 were like if you took the finale of Bayo 1 and ended the game after defeating Balder. No Jubileus, no final hurrah of "whoa this is going even crazier!". I thought the actual Aesir fight was a lot of fun, but was missing a final push of spectacle during the fight.

When Loki puts down his final card, I expected there to be some sort of transition or something. Instead it's just Aesir weakened all of a sudden and a very quick battle to finish him.

Jubileus felt a lot more grand and sweeping, but maybe that's the point.

I wonder if it's a consequence of Bayo's new boss fighting form. All boss arenas are now just flat planes that stretch on forever, like a Tekken ring.

Zalman

Finished the game today.

They have some serious balls with that ending. It's kind of hinting that it's not over yet, but odds are Bayonetta 3 will never happen.

Absolutely fantastic, by the way. Lives up to the hype.

Finished the game today.

They have some serious balls with that ending. It's kind of hinting that it's not over yet, but odds are Bayonetta 3 will never happen.

Why? It actually explains why 1 happens and the fight is never over with the angels and demons.

kick51

Banned
But rank is completely optional, and with Beast Within the backtracking literally takes 10 seconds at most when you know where all the hidden verses are. I really loved tracking them down by taking notes on which verses I missed during my first playthrough.

Really?

You make it sound like you have to back track thru the Castle in Castlevania SOTN or the mansion in Resident Evil.

10 seconds to a minute at most.
Samus laughs at you!

:p

Seems more like exploring the level than backtracking since one area's distance is less than a mile and half.

It's a hassle outside the core gameplay I'd rather not think about.

and rank is not optional!!! rank is life!!!!

DedValve

Banned
Finished the game today.

The story is done but it classically ends with Bayo and Jeanne fucking up some angels just like in the first one.

Da fuck, I was doing witch trial 3 and was doing really good, and suddenly I get turned into a child and instakilled... I didn't know they could do that lol.

Just finally started Bayo 2 (played Bayo 1 for the last week) and holy shit the differences/improvements are so immediately apparent. I stopped at Chapter II but I'm already way more in love with this game than Bayo 1. No BS QTEs, the combat feels so much more improved, and the graphics (colors and everything, no more piss filter on everything) are allllll for the better.

LOL
let us know what you think of the following chapters

Finished the game today.

Sounds like your sequel should be
Bayonetta 1.

Unit24

Good god, these witch trials are torture. I'm currently stuck on Witch Trial IV. Every time I think it's going to end, it doesn't, and every encounter is more intense than the last.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
@chapter 10. Getting wicked. Still hovering around silver medals for whole chapters, but I guess I'll take care of that on the next play-through

Rich!

lol, I got the bayo 1+2 UK bundle at launch, and I only started playing today.

I'm doing bayonetta 1 first...it's amazing so far. Apart from one medal, I've got platinum or super platinum on all. I'm amazed.

T.O.P

Banned
Only played the fir 1 hour and a half

This is blowing away the first game without even trying jesus, especially after rushing through the first one today for a second time, the difference is shocking

Such a gorgeous game to look at too, so much more polish and colors, everything comes together beautifully

I have a feeling that i'll hate Loki tho but oh well, Bayo makes it up big time, love her new look so damn much

Fanboy mode = off

Moff

as someone who is new to the franchise, I just finished bayonetta 1 for the first time, I am completely blown away by the first hour of bayo 2. it looks, feels and plays so much better than the first. surprisingly, its even sexier, and almost unbelievable, it plays even smoother than the first game. and it looks really spectacular. goddamn I didnt think the wiiU was capable of such awesomeness, but I had just felt I had to share these emotions after that spectacular beginning.

Oh jeez, I just calculated the true Metacritic average at being 90.8. If you remove the two yellow reviews, you get 92.8. :/

Way to go Game Revolution and Level, way to go. :/

Good news is, if for instance it gets a couple more 100's and nothing else, it'll go up to 92.2.

Astral Dog

I only wish
there was more of it. They hyped it up in the previews but you really only go to the big fiery Hell for one chapter(X), and then that boss fight who's totally Ishtaros from Ninja Gaiden Black
At least there is the ruins before it, i consider them a part of Inferno, And, maaaybe Insidious.

Monocle

Oh jeez, I just calculated the true Metacritic average at being 90.8. If you remove the two yellow reviews, you get 92.8. :/

Good news is, if for instance it gets a couple more 100's and nothing else, it'll go up to 92.2.
Wow. This wouldn't matter if the industry didn't give Metacritic so much influence. Unfortunately, it does.

This post right here mayne

Top Bottom