• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Seik

Banned
Forget what I said earlier, I was just having a headache.

Got back into the game to try Infinite Climax once again and got my ass kicked, I need to step my game up.

Spoiler: alt. costume pic.

They aren't kidding when they say she has less defense, that climax though.
=_=

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Make use of charge shots and try to end strings in dragonflys as much as possible (I think PKP and PPPPP end in them). The 360+P with it is pretty good too. If you really need to get close you can do lock-on+forward+P to start a melee chain.

I think the bow is really fun, but I do wish the ranged moveset had more variety. It's fun to use as support in co-op.

I thought all Kafka attacks can be turned into dragonflies?

TnK

This game's dodge timing is kind of strange. When enemies show they want to attack, I dodge, but it seems like I do it too fast.

Is this built in to compensate modern TVs input lag? Other PG games don't do this.

xevis

Banned
Much as I like this game, one thing is driving me crazy lately. What's up with all the flying? Like, ugh. Enough already. I feel like every time I have to fight a boss that flies I end up having much of my control taken away from me. I don't really understand how to move *near* the boss or *away* from the boss while flying. Kick + ZL seems to bring me closer but I feel like an idiot kicking the air.

What am I doing wrong GAF?

arttq

Much as I like this game, one thing is driving me crazy lately. What's up with all the flying? Like, ugh. Enough already. I feel like every time I have to fight a boss that flies I end up having much of my control taken away from me. I don't really understand how to move *near* the boss or *away* from the boss while flying. Kick + ZL seems to bring me closer but I feel like an idiot kicking the air.

ZL+forward+punch is a quick way to get to enemies and that works during those flying sequences also.

Mat-triX

This game's dodge timing is kind of strange. When enemies show they want to attack, I dodge, but it seems like I do it too fast.

Is this built in to compensate modern TVs input lag? Other PG games don't do this.

From how your describing it, it sounds like you hear the sound/see the 'shine' off of an enemy, and then dodge. If you do, than ya; your doing it too early. Witch TIme is only activiated when you dodge the attack at the last possible instance, so when they actually swing at you, you press dodge, not when they wind-up to attack you.

hal9001

Banned
Just completed that Lumen Sage fight in Chapter 4. This game just takes my breath away.

5f0.png

TnK

From how your describing it, it sounds like you hear the sound/see the 'shine' off of an enemy, and then dodge. If you do, than ya; your doing it too early. Witch TIme is only activiated when you dodge the attack at the last possible instance, so when they actually swing at you, you press dodge, not when they wind-up to attack you.
This I know, but the older game, the enemies used to attack when they shined. Hence why I was wondering if this is new or am I not remembering things right.

I'm having a real hard time getting used to any other weapons than the guns. It's just so easy to keep combo up with those by holding the attack button after every attack, while with most other weapons I'd need to worry about closing the distance as soon as possible. I do remember using other weapons much more in the original game.

I'm having a real hard time getting used to any other weapons than the guns. It's just so easy to keep combo up with those by holding the attack button after every attack, while with most other weapons I'd need to worry about closing the distance as soon as possible. I do remember using other weapons much more in the original game.

That's what your Y button is for, you hold that while you close the distance before returning to punch/kicks.

cronos_qc

Neo Member
I can't get enough of Bayonetta 2.

I returned back to Dark Souls 2 after Bayonetta 2. First thing I noticed is how when you hit an enemy, he doesn't seems to have been hit at all. It has never bothered me before, but now I find it lacking.

Darksouls 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fCvz-fZte0#t=154

Bayonetta 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lxrw6VsCgw#t=268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1UTaXIN85Y#t=133

I've never played Bayonetta 1, but Bayonetta 2 has set the bar very high for a character action games.

correojon

I think this has already been asked but...how do you equip perfumes? I have been looking in the equipment screen but they don't show up anywhere :S

I played the first two chapters of Bayonetta 1 again. I was too harsh on Bayonetta 2. The little improvements to the combat and movement really do work wonders. Bayonetta 2 felt like I remember Bayonetta 1, but in reality it's noticeably better.
This is true. The best way to realize how good Bayonetta 2 is by trying to actually play bayonetta 1 again and miss all the various improvements platinum made. Tried to go back; couldn't. Started up fourth playthrough of Bayo2 instead

69wpm

I finished Bayonetta 2 on Friday. Boy, what a ride. Although it was a short (8 hours for me) compared to TW101, I still loved it from start to finish. Interestingly, although it seems not so epic like the first, compared to the massive scale of the enemies, I still found it to be more epic somehow. I'd say that is because of combination of all elements: Story, graphics, characters, and so on. All in all I enjoyed Bayonetta 2 a lot more than the first and for me it's as good as TW101.

Now, after finishing the game, I dove into Tag Climax. What I first noticed it that I don't like how they handled the tag requests. You have to press start to accept it, I would have preferred a pop-up. Many people simply don't realize they have a request. I didn't know how to accept it first, too, so I started pressing buttons.

The net code seems very good. I played with a guy from France and had no lag. It was like playing local - very nice.

In air battles you can use jump to dash in the air. Try doing that to close some distance.

I almost got platinums for every chapter on 3rth climax, and after that it's on to infinite climax. Do you unlock something by playing on 2nd climax or do you get everything by playing 3th and infinite?

Seik

Banned
That feeling of satisfaction when you win all the rounds of a Tag Climax then earn 250000+ halos. :D

Soundtrack is sexy as hell too.

Staf

Just finished the final chapter. Will be extremely surprised if Bayonetta 2 isn't my GOTY at the end of the year.

JLeack

Banned
Does anyone similarly dislike the stop action cutscenes? I really hate watching Loki interact with Bayonetta with these image-based cutscenes all the time.

My experience so far has been:

AWESOME GAMEPLAY
Hundreds of awful cutscenes

It breaks up the great flow of the game. Thankfully, skipping cutscenes is easy, and I'll definitely be doing that after my first completion.

The dodge is pretty forgiving in Bayo 2, it doesn't really have to do anything with input lag, my experience is dodging anytime between the start of the enemy's attack animation and the second it hits you will trigger Witch Time, if you have Bat Within (which is THE ability you should spent your first 20k halos on), it triggers Witch Time if you dodge a little late too, that means if you dodge at the moment you are hit, not only the damage is nullified, it also triggers Witch Time.

Kouriozan

Alright, finished my 3rd climax run, and got all broken heart/moon pearl.
Now onto IC and the last few achievements I'm missing.

First Bayonetta's costume looks great.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01eeulo.jpg

Still the best look. With the beehive and the stripe of red and the lack of the frilly clown get-up things

006802.jpg

with the improvements to image quality, models, and colors from the first game, she looks even better than Bayo 1.

Top Bottom