• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Astral Dog

Does anyone similarly dislike the stop action cutscenes? I really hate watching Loki interact with Bayonetta with these image-based cutscenes all the time.

My experience so far has been:

AWESOME GAMEPLAY
Hundreds of awful cutscenes

It breaks up the great flow of the game. Thankfully, skipping cutscenes is easy, and I'll definitely be doing that after my first completion.
They are bad, but its likely more of a budget thing.

linko9

I guess it wouldn't make much sense to have a spoiler thread for this game. Just finished the story last night, here are my thoughts.

Overall really liked the game, though I don't feel like it's much of a step up from the first one. That's fine though, more Bayonetta at the same level of quality is obviously amazing. Does look a lot better visually. Late game/ending stuff:
I was pretty disappointed in the ending. After how the first game ended, I was so excited to see how they were going to try to top that in this game. I guess they decided not to try, which is a reasonable decision, because it's sort of hard to go beyond the scale of the entire solar system. But they could have at least had a huge boss. Overall there wasn't the same ramp up in craziness that the first game had; it got big and stayed big the whole time, but the last chapters of Bayo 1 are easily crazier than anything in 2.
I do really appreciate how they varied the visual design of the enemies and environments throughout the game. So overall, I don't think it's better than Bayo 1, but it's certainly not worse. Also, not sure if this is because I'd already played a lot of Bayo 1, but I never died once, or even came close (just 2nd climax so far). I died a lot in Bayo 1 on the equivalent difficulty level. But obviously the game is as challenging as you want to make it; hopefully I'll have the time to go pure platinum on all difficulties. Anyway, time to spend 14 hours straight playing more Bayo 2!

Mine01

Guys i've playing tag climax with a cpu and sometimes an invitation from someone to joins pop up but i dont know how to accept it lol... what button is it?

entremet

Forgot to add this earlier:

i4eO2oNV4oHbL.JPG

I'm sure the second set will see just as much playback as the first!

Japanese games OSTs are the only CDs I still buy. Love the packaging.

Everything else is iTunes/Amazon.

This I know, but the older game, the enemies used to attack when they shined. Hence why I was wondering if this is new or am I not remembering things right.

Enemies in Bayo 1 didn't even have a consistent shine effect to indicate their attack windup.

And if they did, having an enemy shine when they were already attacking would be pretty pointless.

The shine in Bayo 2 is just there to indicate than an attack is coming, you still have to discern what attack it being used and the proper dodge timing on your own.

Darksheik

Yo, where's that second crow in Chapter I? I've replayed that level a million times and I've to find it.

If I'm not mistaken it is
on top of one of the columns where the entrance for the cathedral is, right in the first big area where you start the mission.
Before you go underwater, where the entrance is, there are some columns and the crow is on top one of them (left if facing the cathedral).

Just beat the game, sooo good. The final chapter is a bit underwhelming in comparison to the rest, but that's mostly because they went crazy making each chapter feel like a game's climax. Still a fun fight though.
Also...dat moon river.
can't believe they put that in a Nintendo game

Unit24

You gave Yuterald a guide

he don't mess with that shit

and I respect him for it. At least someone is enjoying these content scavenger hunts

I'm pretty sure his =/ is supposed to mean "that is bullshit how was I even supposed to find that".

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure his =/ is supposed to mean "that is bullshit how was I even supposed to find that".

oh is it?

Who was it that was playing through all these games without using them then? I thought it was him lol

I guess it wouldn't make much sense to have a spoiler thread for this game. Just finished the story last night, here are my thoughts.

Overall really liked the game, though I don't feel like it's much of a step up from the first one. That's fine though, more Bayonetta at the same level of quality is obviously amazing. Does look a lot better visually. Late game/ending stuff:
I was pretty disappointed in the ending. After how the first game ended, I was so excited to see how they were going to try to top that in this game. I guess they decided not to try, which is a reasonable decision, because it's sort of hard to go beyond the scale of the entire solar system. But they could have at least had a huge boss. Overall there wasn't the same ramp up in craziness that the first game had; it got big and stayed big the whole time, but the last chapters of Bayo 1 are easily crazier than anything in 2.
I do really appreciate how they varied the visual design of the enemies and environments throughout the game. So overall, I don't think it's better than Bayo 1, but it's certainly not worse. Also, not sure if this is because I'd already played a lot of Bayo 1, but I never died once, or even came close (just 2nd climax so far). I died a lot in Bayo 1 on the equivalent difficulty level. But obviously the game is as challenging as you want to make it; hopefully I'll have the time to go pure platinum on all difficulties. Anyway, time to spend 14 hours straight playing more Bayo 2!

That's pretty similar to what I feel about the game. More of the same, but mostly in a good way. The gameplay is seriously fun and I like the new and more colorful graphics a lot better.
I seem to be part of the minority that that likes not only the gameplay but the story/cutscenes as well though. And I happen to like Bayonetta 1 a bit better in that regard. It feels more crazy, the humor more natural and to the point.

Both are great games. That feeling got stronger the more I played them.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
well after four hours I'm still on CH1. Game is AWESOME. After a monstrously spectacular prologue in which I was like
b7e.jpg

and earned a fantastic Stone Medal, started CH1 and was glad it's actually a big, beautiful free roaming city for the most part, so I took my time to explore the hell out of it and fight sporadical enemies. Learning curve is spot on, I got better by the minute and even scored some golds and Full Platinum on the Muspelheim trials, so I kinda become
giphy.gif

After I got to Loki, I realized I had been playing for four hours, time to quit. That means Bayo 2 is a superb game in my book and already cant wait to play more.

I also got a boner at Bayo...GOD DAMN at some of the poses/cutscenes

Are there any videos out there on tips and tricks for this game? I'm doing okay, I haven't died, and my dodge game is okay but I feel I could be doing a lot better. I've never really been into these combo-like games but I'm having fun with Bayonetta regardless though I'm definitely combo-mashy

Somnid

Is this game easier than the first or did I just "git gud?" I remember struggling for silvers, In this game I've gotten a few golds on my first try. I've only died about twice up to chapter 9, In Bayonetta 1 I'd routinely hit the death penalty cap on each chapter.

antitrop

I've never played Bayonetta 1, but Bayonetta 2 has set the bar very high for a character action games.

I'm sitting here thinking about how many years it might be before we get another stylish action game as good or better than Bayonetta 2 right here and it's depressing the shit out of me.

Is this game easier than the first or did I just "git gud?" I remember struggling for silvers, In this game I've gotten a few golds on my first try. I've only died about twice up to chapter 9, In Bayonetta 1 I'd routinely hit the death penalty cap on each chapter.

With some exceptions, I consider Bayonetta 1's Normal more difficult than Bayonetta 2's 3rd Climax for a first play. Each one is the most difficult level you can start at without beating the game first.

Kathian

Banned
I'm sitting here thinking about how many years it might be before we get another stylish action game as good or better than Bayonetta 2 right here and it's depressing the shit out of me.

Want more depression? When we expect the next action game :/

Hopefully Nintendo follow through on their investment and try to make the Wii U a home for the genre like 3DS for rpgs.

Fbh

I think I'm nearing the end.

I just stopped playing because I don't want it to end :(
I mean, of course there is still A LOT to do (tons of unlockables, new difficulty, etc)... but I wish I could keep playing new missions forever.
This is not only GOTY, it's game of the gen (so far)

2nd Climax is easier than Bayo 1 on Normal.
3rd Climax is like a middle point between Normal and Hard in Bayo 1 (IMO)

I started in 2nd but once I realized it was rather easy I switched to 3rd.
The challenge feels right, I've died 3-4 times in a few missions, and as soon as you get distracted and star button mashing (happens to me sometimes) the game will punish you

NEO0MJ

Game has finally arrived! I'm actually impressed, I though it would take two weeks to reach me. Now should I jump straight to Bayonetta 2 or replay Bayonetta?

Metal Gear Rising 2? I would hope that it's in development right now, that would be sweet.

You're not expecting Scalebound to be an action game? Sure it has plenty of dragon-like monsters but I'm sure that doesn't mean it will be a monster hunter game. Unless there was an announcement I missed?

antitrop

You're not expecting Scalebound to be an action game? Sure it has plenty of dragon-like monsters but I'm sure that doesn't mean it will be a monster hunter game. Unless there was an announcement I missed?

Sorry, it's completely off my radar. I'm PS4/PC/WiiU. I'm sure it will be great, though.

Yuterald

Did I say something wrong?

Haha, you did nothing wrong NIto. The location was just bullshit lol! (but cool)

You gave Yuterald a guide

he don't mess with that shit

and I respect him for it. At least someone is enjoying these content scavenger hunts

Yeah, I almost typically never look up this shit. I love hunting down little buddies and goodies in games like this. I take very much pride in the fact that I found all but 4 of the Pangloss Statues on my own in Vanquish, actually. I have replayed Chapter 1 in this game too many times though, so I actually broke on that one. Really dumb to put two crow guys so close to each other. As a side note, I'm not too hot on the location of most items in this game, specifically the challenge portals. They seem really thrown down as an afterthought. Crows are probably the most well hidden items from what I've seen. =(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I almost typically never look up this shit. I love hunting down little buddies and goodies in games like this. I take very much pride in the fact that I found all but 4 of the Pangloss Statues on my own in Vanquish, actually.

Ok so I'm not crazy

Also the Pangloss statue is probably the worst one in any game I've ever played(and completed)

Got both of these today and having never played any version of Bayo' before I'm pretty hyped to give them a go. The reviews and the hype on Gaf made me pick these over shadows of mordor.

Top Bottom