• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Just got the game. Should I play Bayonetta 1 before jumping in?

Definitely, the story is actually sort of the second act of Bayo1's story. In fact it did a good job of tidying up Bayo1's, and explaining some stuff that came across as random shit in 1.

A day later and Im still annoyed at how rushed the ending was :l

Yep. After TW101's, Bayo2's is positively lame. Fuck, TW101's FIRST boss is ten times cooler. Bayo2 is amazing but I still think TW101's has the edge over it and is more well-rounded (less enemy variety but much more strategy variety for example).

Me after finishing Bayo 1

3ajUzZj.gif

Me after finishing 2

2Gwg8bP.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Definitely, the story is actually sort of the second act of Bayo1's story. In fact it did a good job of tidying up Bayo1's, and explaining some stuff that came across as random shit in 1.

Yep. After TW101's, Bayo2's is positively lame. Fuck, TW101's FIRST boss is ten times cooler. Bayo2 is amazing but I still think TW101's has the edge over it and is more well-rounded (less enemy variety but much more strategy variety for example).

I liked the final fight more as it felt more like a test of skill compared to 1's set piece fight BUT nothing leading up to it felt like a grand finale :l If anything I was expecting at least one more chapter based off what happened.

Going through a whole chapter even with a boss rush type setting of him fucking around with time and other things warping things in and out while you fought other stuff while doging his things IDK felt like they could have done so much more.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Picked the game yesterday after a long painful midterm at school. Only played it this afternoon but wow it doesnt disapoint. Pure platinum game :eek:. Im surprised Sega was mentioned in the intro though, i guess its a thanks for "starting" the game?

Monocle

I cannot get the lava bridge crow. I wish there was a reset checkpoint option.
1. Get the checkpoint before the collapsing bridge.
2. Quit to the title screen.
3. Copy your save file (let's call it A) to an extra slot (B).
4. Reload your file and select Continue.
5. Try to get the crow again. (You have two attempts. Either cross the bridge before it collapses or try again after you make your way around the lava platforms to the far side of the collapsed bridge.)
6. If you fail, quit out to the title screen again, copy over file A with file B, load either one, and repeat the whole process.

Shouldn't take long. I got that crow after two or three tries this way.

I've been playing this game since it came out and I've only just remembered that I can buy Witch Hearts and Moon Pearls from the store.

I've been so focused on the costumes I'd completely forgotten.

For getting crows are you double jumping up then flying above them in crow form then mashing Y? Thats how I get them

Usually I just jump at them and hit Y a few times. I have 19/20, so that's been working.

1. Get the checkpoint before the collapsing bridge.
2. Quit to the title screen.
3. Copy your save file (let's call it A) to an extra slot (B).
4. Reload your file and select Continue.
5. Try to get the crow again. (You have two attempts. Either cross the bridge before it collapses or try again after you make your way around the lava platforms to the far side of the collapsed bridge.)
6. If you fail, quit out to the title screen again, copy over file A with file B, load either one, and repeat the whole process.

Shouldn't take long. I got that crow after two or three tries this way.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Fbh

So what weapons are you guys using?

I had been using the swords (Rakshasa) which are good but I just unlocked Salamandra (had missed one of the pieces the first time) and damn this thing does crazy damage for how fast it is... it's just a shame that visually it's rather boring (from what I can tell it has no attack that summons a "giant form" or demon).
The hammer has been a lock in the second slot since I got it, really good for single target damage.

Tambini

I've heard no. 2 is quite easy on normal, how would you guys say it compares to bayonetta 1's normal mode? worth starting the game on hard?

Usually I just jump at them and hit Y a few times. I have 19/20, so that's been working.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Or you could just kill yourself on the lava bursts that hit the rocks prior to that after you miss the crow. You will restart at the beginning of that area and the crow will be back. That's what I did.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So what weapons are you guys using?

I had been using the swords (Rakshasa) which are good but I just unlocked Salamandra (had missed one of the pieces the first time) and damn this thing does crazy damage for how fast it is... it's just a shame that visually it's rather boring (from what I can tell it has no attack that summons a "giant form" or demon).
The hammer has been a lock in the second slot since I got it, really good for single target damage.

It has extra attacks, hold down the button tell the saw is red hot then let go. When you are in UC mode the extra attacks are huge

Also anyone want to do some tag climax?

I've heard no. 2 is quite easy on normal, how would you guys say it compares to bayonetta 1's normal mode? worth starting the game on hard?

2 is easier, but it's because they removed the jank from 1, not that the combat is any different really.

So...
No more stupid instadeath QTEs ruining your score
They like giving you items after fights so if you screw one up you don't wind up dying to regain health
No more nasty health penalties for screwing up platforming sections
The game's more legible so you don't miss enemy attack wind up animations nearly as much

Up to you whether that means you should start on 3rd climax or not but I wouldn't caution against it.

Can anyone please help me decide if i should pick this up.
Before everyone laughs at me i am being deadly serious....
I really want something new to play and never played the first game but looking at some trailers and the direct put me off with all the constant boob and ass shots, is the game literally filled with these cringing moments or were they made just for the trailers.
I know this might sound stupid but it makes the game look so immature, i'm hoping some of you can advise me honestly on just how much of this game is boob, leg and ass pans.
If it's just in cut scenes can you skip them on the first play through? is the story worth not skipping?
Any help would be great, my wii u hasn't been played since mario kart 8 and will not get touched til next year for captain toad so i thought i should ask before writing off this game.

Hard is Normal in 2. In Bayo 1 you also had two easy modes, they just changed the names this time. You also won't get many unlockables for finishing ,,normal''.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Something I'm kind of annoyed by which is a nitpick but annoying nonetheless. Is that if you choose to use the Wii U Gamepad all it does is play the exact same game that's on the TV, why not just put the inventory on the Gamepad screen always, letting you swap out stuff on the fly instead of navigating a menu outside of the game?

I'm in favor of there being the "option" to play on the Gamepad sceen, but there should have been a even more useful purpose for it when playing on the TV. The ability to touch-swap out gear and items on the fly on the Gamepad screen would have been a time saving boon. And if Nintendo wants to truly make the Gamepad gimmick as much of a staple as they did rumble and the analog stick, where they failed with the Wii Remote, then they need to actually start implementing these kinds of things into all their games, 1st party or not.

So as I say, I think the option should be there to play on the Gamepad screen with the Miiverse icon there, BUT, there should have also been a option to allow for on-the-fly inventory management on the Gamepad screen too. Anybody agree?

Son Of D

Now why didn't I use the chainsaws more often in my story playthrough? They're beast.

Also, there are 5 accessories that are "Coming Soon" underneat the Earrings of Ruin. How do I unlock those?

ArynCrinn

Banned
Hey, anybody play the motorcycle and flying section with the Gamepad's motion controls?

Holy shit did the mototcycle section suck, but the flying section was 100x easier/better imo because it auto-spams shots really fast like nobodies business, allowing you to simply align a position and basically take every enemy out easily, even the "bosses". So that thankfully nullified the worst part of Bayo 1, got a Pure Platinum the first try on Normal.

69wpm

Fucking randoms in Tag Climax. We both have low ass life, final card. Picks Final boss 3 star

Well, this is my experience after trying Tag Climax for the first time today. Finally found a cool guy from France who realized 1 star was more than enough.

Seik

Banned
Well, this is my experience after trying Tag Climax for the first time today. Finally found a cool guy from France who realized 1 star was more than enough.

Well, to be honest, 2 stars is ok too, it's just a bit harder and you'll make way more money.

3 Stars is high risk with me though, I only take the top left verse with this setting. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, to be honest, 2 stars is ok too, it's just a bit harder and you'll make way more money.

3 Stars is high risk with me though, I only take the top left verse with this setting. :p

I dont mind doing the harder 3 stars just not at the end :p

69wpm

2 stars is, yeah, except when you play those surprise challenges or what they are called. Rodin kicked our ass :/

Hypron

The second version of Alraune on 3 stars with Salamandra
is actually very easy and the rewards are huge for winning the bet.

Top Bottom