• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Should I feel bad for not being good at this game? I'm working my way through 3rd Climax currently and am scoring quite poorly on each stage, rarely better than a silver. Seems to be advancing much faster than I was the first time around knowing which way to go and have a loose grasp at boss evasion but if I'm doing stuff quick and not getting hit my combo will usually suffer, or if I'm too focused on my combo I'll get hit. I dunno, my plan is to complete 3rd Climax (already done 2nd) and then keep playing stages over and over until I'm scoring gold or platinum.

Should I feel bad for not being good at this game?

image.php

Coda

Should I feel bad for not being good at this game? I'm working my way through 3rd Climax currently and am scoring quite poorly on each stage, rarely better than a silver. Seems to be advancing much faster than I was the first time around knowing which way to go and have a loose grasp at boss evasion but if I'm doing stuff quick and not getting hit my combo will usually suffer, or if I'm too focused on my combo I'll get hit. I dunno, my plan is to complete 3rd Climax (already done 2nd) and then keep playing stages over and over until I'm scoring gold or platinum.

3rd Climax pretty much demands some dodge offsetting, but it's a tough mode regardless. I couldn't beat it without using items where I never used any items in 2nd Climax.

Are you making use of dodge offset? It lets you keep up a combo string while you're dodging attacks.

I'll have to look into integrating Dodge Offset into my play more consciously, thanks for the tip.

Another thing, when scoring if you mix up your combos are you scored better? I mean, does the combo scoring reduce through repetition a la Tony Hawk games.

Zomba13

How do you send a co op request for tag climax to a specific friend?

Go to the option that lets you pick who to join then look at the bottom of the list, friends have hearts by them.

You can only join people that are "with CPU" though I think.

I'll have to look into integrating Dodge Offset into my play more consciously, thanks for the tip.

Another thing, when scoring if you mix up your combos are you scored better? I mean, does the combo scoring reduce through repetition a la Tony Hawk games.

I really don't know the full mechanics behind scoring, but I don't think repetition hurts your score. I remember reading that if you do a certain amount of hits without doing a wicked weave then each hit will be worth less points than they normally are or something.

Ah, so by that logic it might be safer to do either shorter combos or make sure you're making use of Dodge Offset to make sure you're not cancelling combos into nothing.

ZR and -. It only works after you've played through the game.

I really recommend viewing all the cutscenes once. The story is improved this time and it adds a lot to the plot of the original game.

Oh, don't worry, I beat it today and watched everything, now going through on the next difficulty

thanks!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh so that's where that fight is on the cards LOL

I farm that boss for halos you can actually hold down the punch and rack up a fuck ton of points

Zero²

Damn cant wait to get the game, watched the 60fps video of the rodin fight and damn!!
He look way better as a demon

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GG once again Qis, I'm becoming a rich man thanks to you! :D

LOL had to afk real fast, and Not for long :p I'm starting to see how I build up points with this combo xD

and sure we can take a break after this set. I need to refil my drink and stuff

Seik

Banned
That was real fun Qis, I need a little break now.

Hope we'll play again soon, some of these fights were just insane! :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That was real fun Qis, I need a little break now.

Hope we'll play again soon, some of these fights were just insane! :D

Haha yeah, even though using the bow kinda gimps my scoring it helps actually beating the stuff due to the poison specially on the bosses that dodge alot xD So I don't really mind it

Warning to those trying to 100%: I've found that an Umbran Crow in Chapter XIII
the one where you activate Witch Time and run across the crumbling bridge w/ Rosa
seems to disappear for good if you don't nab it on the first run. It's the only UC in the game that does so.

Dizzy-4U

Rodin!!!!
meOwvv6.gif

Warning to those trying to 100%: I've found that an Umbran Crow in Chapter XIII
the one where you activate Witch Time and run across the crumbling bridge w/ Rosa
seems to disappear for good if you don't nab it on the first run. It's the only UC in the game that does so.
I missed that crow on my first and second playthrough. I got it today no problem (3rd climax).

Top Bottom