• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Does loading up the demo cause anyone else's 360 to crash or hang sometimes? Upon starting the demo it usually locks up my system lately.

Darkmakaimura said:
Yes. And the other bosses didn't give me much of a problem. I was also fully stocked before going into the fight. I'm still getting my ass handed to me about three quarters of the way into the fight. It got to the point I through my controller down and said to myself 'that's it for awhile for this game'. I don't think a boss fight has frustrated me as much as it did since the final boss in Gears of War 1.

What are you having trouble with specifically? The boss becomes pretty easy to deal with when you figure out the patterns.

So I just realized that I’ve played this game for 80 hours. 80 HOURS OF MY LIFE TO BAYONETTA!

Though I feel like my time with it is coming to an end...just gotta polish up my times/combos. :D

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It's so funny how Bayonetta (and DMC) are directly inspired by The Divine Comedy and then a month later we have Dante's Inferno. Mr. Alighieri sure is getting a lot of attention in gaming this year...

NIN90

Infite Climax mode is surprisingly easy so far. I managed to beat The Vestibule without taking any damage on my first try.

Darkmakaimura said:
It's so funny how Bayonetta (and DMC) are directly inspired by The Divine Comedy and then a month later we have Dante's Inferno. Mr. Alighieri sure is getting a lot of attention in gaming this year...
Halo 3 ODST also referenced it.

slade

Darkmakaimura said:

Bayonetta?

rezuth

Darkmakaimura said:
Fuck this game right now!!! The last boss is ridiculous. The last level was bad enough but
Jublieus
is ridiculous. I may have to shelf this game for awhile. Frustration.
Weird, I beat it on the first try on normal. You should try and use more yellow lollipops.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
rezuth said:
Weird, I beat it on the first try on normal. You should try and use more yellow lollipops.

Screw items, haven't used any. Granted I have basically only gotten Stone awards.

deadnoob

I love this game! Already beat it but now I'm going back through without cutscenes to get everything I missed (LPs and portals).

I'm finally getting decent at this game. Although I am still having some trouble with some portals.

slade

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Paradiso, Purgatorio, and Inferno are all taken from the Divine Comedy.

Here I thought the first two were just the italian equivalents. Makes sense that she's somewhere in Italy's equivalent in the Bayonetta world considering that the guy she's with has an italian name. Got nothing for Inferno.

slade said:
Here I thought the first two were just the italian equivalents. Makes sense that she's somewhere in Italy's equivalent in the Bayonetta world considering that the guy she's with has an italian name. Got nothing for Inferno.

Rodin is named for Auguste Rodin, who created The Gates of Hell, a sculpture that depicted scenes from part of the Divine Comedy. Put that together with DMC1's references (Dante, Vergil, Trish, and Nelo Angelo, sort of) and I don't think it's a coincidence.

The trick I think is to start running before the vortex appears.
I mean once you see all of um..well whatever the hell those giant things are drop into the ...ground?... that's when you should panther and run until it's over.

Also for some reason jumping/double-jumping while panther is slightly faster than just running..whatever.

Oh and I didn't realize Bayo could simply Crow over the kiddie vortexes...at least not until Infinite Climax.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The swirly shiny things are easy to avoid. I guess the trick here is just be in panther mode almost the entire time :lol

EDIT: Okay, satisfying and fun end to that boss fight despite the frustrations.

Garcian

Are there any super hidden witch hearts anywhere? I've finished the game on normal, opened all the chests & finished all the alfheims (the achievements have popped to confirm this), as well as buying the ones in the shop. In my inventory, I have 3/4 hearts though? Are there more to get on higher difficulties?

Garcian

Augemitbutter said:
in the space harrier stage, you can get 1-2 hearts by finishing some enemies with torture attacks in regular fights.

I thought i'd got those - maybe I didn't save after the level or something :/

I'll run that level again & see what's up :)

Finally finished the game on hard, definitely better than my first playthrough (but I sill hated the bike/rockets levels) and now I unlocked even a new difficulty but I don't think I'm gonna go through with it at least for a while.

Why is it even after finishing the game twice I still have 3 or 4 trophies hidden ?

and any online guides for trophy/achievements for this game ? I wanna see if I can platinum it (I have %54 of trophies right now).

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
GuiltybyAssociation said:
So I'm trying to get 1000 / 1000 achievements for this game now and I can't get the Treasure Fanatic one. I used a guide to collect everything + plus the alfheims, and have the all alfheim achievement but somehow missed the treasure one. I'm pretty positive it's a Blue Moon Pearl piece, but going through the guide again and backtracking to the BMP specific places I'm not getting anything new. I wish there was a way to check how many treasures you've collected for each chapter, like Assassin's Creed 2 did for feathers. As much as I love this game, I've never cared for collecting shit, and I don't wanna go back yet again with a guide ... but Jesus, not having 1000 / 1000 for Bayo really bothers the shit out of me lolz.

Argh.
You should go to the shop and buy all the hearts and pearls - that way, you'll see if you've actually missed any pieces out in the field (you should have 2 full health bars and 3x8 magic blips I think).

I'm sure you know, but there are a few chests that contain other things as well (red hot shots, the bird things, etc.) A couple of places I can think to double check are the high archways you can wall-jump-double-jump to in Vigrid (2nd and 3rd chapters?) and the one that sealed the deal for me: a broken door on the left wall of the first area in the airship.

Good luck!

tmarques

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but can anyone confirm whether the PAL release of Bayonetta for the 360 is region-free? Game is cheaper in the UK and I like ordering from Shopto when possible. Thanks.

(I did google it, but could only find information on the japanese release and a bunch of torrent links)

FoxSpirit

Okay, so the US version for PS3 came out, right? Has this fixed any of the issues with the original release? Thanks.
Especially those in parts seriously low res textures.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
rezuth said:
I'm completely stocked up on Yellow lollipops (mega and regular) and Green healing lollipops. I use them all before I get him/her/it down to the green.

WTF is up with the
ice world bullshit when fighting Jub. I'm always getting frozen despite not being hit by anything and losing my health there a lot. I even figured it was the ground freezing me and have tried jumping, dodging and the panther. Cheap.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just beat Normal last night and I have no frame of reference for before the patch, but really I was perfectly happy with the performance. I'm sure the 360 is just better and more consistent, but I still had a blast and never felt like performance was holding me back from doing better.

Can't wait to start hard and get all the weapons I missed, I only found Durga and the Katana!

Darkmakaimura said:
I'm completely stocked up on Yellow lollipops (mega and regular) and Green healing lollipops. I use them all before I get him/her/it down to the green.

Thought about this a bit... you probably shouldn't be using items at all, it will make things easier in the long run even if it's more frustrating at first.

So I finally finished the game on Normal (Only picked up the game last week) and it's Kamiya's best game yet! Simply stunning in every respect of the word :D

It's an absolute roller coaster ride and constantly throws something new at you and manages to make every enemy encounter feel fresh (despite the fact that bosses and stronger enemies are reused often, the environments and gameplay elements on offer make sure to add new elements of variety that freshen up old encounters) The game also offers the most responsive and enjoyable control setup in any action game ever, even during the Mario Galaxy style sequences! The combo system is incredibly deep but easy to pick up and remember (though I didn't realise how to change my weapons until very late into the game :lol) which is a real triumph of design! Level designs are absolutely fantastic and the pacing is almost perfect (only the Space Harrier sequence felt like it went on too long) Despite the high difficulty, and my endless streak of deaths, I never felt frustrated at any point in the game; a rare feat in the action genre which only Viewtiful Joe had ever managed to pull off for me before Bayonetta came about!

My only real complaints are in the cutscenes (which go on far too long, but that's not a big deal since they're all skippable. Which is good if you die a lot like me :lol) and that it's a very confusing game. There are tons of moments where there are a million effects onscreen and I'm just left confuddled and asking myself "what the hell is going on!?" (though that's often half the fun as well for me :lol), which can make combat and navigation difficult at certain times. There's also quite a lot of slowdown at later points in the game (I'm playing the 360 version, so I don't even want to imagine what the PS3 version must be like!) which add to the confusion.

But despite a few hiccups of confusion, the game is simply a masterpiece. Absolutely without a doubt, the best game on either the PS3 or the 360 by a landslide.

Darkmakaimura said:

WTF is up with the
ice world bullshit when fighting Jub. I'm always getting frozen despite not being hit by anything and losing my health there a lot. I even figured it was the ground freezing me and have tried jumping, dodging and the panther. Cheap.

1)Equip the ice skates.

2)Win.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are ice skates?! Damn.

And I don't regret paying full price at all, but these deals are making me sad :lol

LiK

this just arrived. posted in the pickups, but might as well share it here too.

woot, thanks Penny-Arcade :D

front
bayo_shirt.jpg

back
bayo_shirt2.jpg

Minamu

Hawkian said:
There are ice skates?! Damn.

And I don't regret paying full price at all, but these deals are making me sad :lol
The skates are awesome :D No need to worry about stepping into lava with those on :D And you run like 50-75% as fast as the panther with them.

I wouldn't have regretted paying full price for this either. Thankfully Gamestop had a trade-in deal so I got the current play.com price either way.

mello said:
That is definitely the type of deal I was waiting for. Placed my order can't wait for it to arrive now! :D
You're welcome :D

Minamu said:
Seems play.com is having a Bayonetta sale. 18£ or 23.5€ depending on where you live. Free shipping.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStati...aign=R2 2010-02-16 Feb Vol 2 (1)&utm_content=
Might be PS3 version only, dunno.

yeah, only the ps3 version.
for 23 euros you might as well live with the sub-par version (but better controller, for this game at least).

Also, shinfo: for some reason, I do much better on the ps3. I don't know why. I want to chalk it up to the controller...

Top Bottom