• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

ShinAmano

hulot said:
There is a deal, someone posted a Toys'r'us one earlier.
Looks like $10 GC with purchase...not bad. Also offering a $40 GC with purchase of this and Darksiders...hmmm. Is Darksiders going to be good?

DihcarEM

hulot said:
If you have Shuraba, the fully charged Y/Triangle attack; charged electric Durga attacks on either hands or feet also work.

Also a question about Durga. How do you change from fire to electric?
I had it once but then it changed back to both of them being fire.

EDIT: Thanks XenoRaven,Sonicmj1.

XenoRaven

DihcarEM said:
Circle the thumbstick and hit the attack button. That's how I do it at least.

careksims

Whoo hoo! Amazon is preparing my order! It has been a long wait! FINALLY. Not going to give Best Buy or Gamestop my money for keeping the street date! :lol :lol :lol

sonicmj1

DihcarEM said:

When I want to switch, I rotate the stick and hit the corresponding attack button.

The electric version attacks a lot faster, so I find it to be more useful.

Kuraudo

Banned
Ugh, I want this game, but my bank account's taking a hell of a beating with MOT, car insurance, road tax and a trip to Scotland all in the next few weeks.

Not buying this game would make my balance a little rosier after all that, but it's Kamiya...

So conflicted.

hulot

XenoRaven said:
This is what I was gonna try next. The ones where you have to kill enemies with torture attacks will be easier now that I have more magic.
The Durga on the whole is easier for those challenges since charge time is relatively short; Shuraba's full charge is one whole witch time dodge and then some so use dodge offsets and don't miss but it gives the most bang for the buck. Shuraba is actually best for those Wicked Weave-only challenges.

Also, :D @ using Kilgore as tonfas. Is it even viable? Slow DPS.

Peff

cosmicblizzard said:
Okay, after the introduction of the
joy angel
in chapter 6, I think it's a good idea if I play this game naked too.

That torture attack is SICK :lol

I can't find a the last LP piece for the Ice Skates.
Could someone help me?
Thanks guys!

Chapter 6, right?

- Beginning of the level, right behind your back
- After you fight the two dragonsnakes, hidden behind a group of rocks near where you enter the room.
- Mandatory after you defeat the Joys, I think? Either that or the chest that is right after that near the portal, but before you enter it, still in Paradiso.

I told Gamestop I got the Bayonetta call last night and I lived far out (lie) so I shouldn't be punished because of a mistake on their end

the guy was like "I see the logic in that" and went in the back and got it but the computer said it isn't salable until tomorrow

Damn computers!

Mdk7

Peff said:
That torture attack is SICK :lol

Chapter 6, right?

- Beginning of the level, right behind your back
- After you fight the two dragonsnakes, hidden behind a group of rocks near where you enter the room.
- Mandatory after you defeat the Joys, I think? Either that or the chest that is right after that near the portal, but before you enter it, still in Paradiso.
i skipped the second one, thanks buddy! ^_^
I wanna try those but i doubt i'll quit using my dear sword.. :p

Dreavus

I was so hyped for this game until the dubious quality of the port cast a shadow of doubt over my excitement. It got to the point where I was considering passing on this one.

However, after seeing some impressions here and seeing some more gameplay, I've been thinking I shouldn't let a few tech problems deprive me of the pure awesome that is Bayonetta. I don't know about day 1, but I do have a day off tomorrow so... hmm.

Mike G.E.D. said:
a friend got it over the weekend, and hes been playing World of Warcraft instead.

aafdsafdsfsdfaasaf

This should be illegal.

TimeKillr

I'm pretty much done with the game from the JP release - completed all the alfheims, got most of the accessories, etc.

If anyone needs help with Alfheims I can help - none of them are incredibly difficult as most of them have an easy way out, except the
out of body ones
(those are the most difficult, imo).

ZeMMiK

Fucking fucking fucking unbelievable...what did I had a BLAST!!!!! I just finished it and aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh Cannot remember since years that I played such an amazing experience.

The first 3 chapters I was thinking too many cutscenes but after that I really begain liking the story. After chapter six where you can turn into a Pa%^$r I had a blast.

hulot

TimeKillr said:
I'm pretty much done with the game from the JP release - completed all the alfheims, got most of the accessories, etc.

If anyone needs help with Alfheims I can help - none of them are incredibly difficult as most of them have an easy way out, except the
out of body ones
(those are the most difficult, imo).
Even those can be done easily if you have the aggro accessory equipped.

Right. I think I will need to make my exit. Too many people have this game now, and I have to be a good little brit and wait till Friday. Poopie.

Shito

sonicmj1 said:
When I want to switch, I rotate the stick and hit the corresponding attack button.

The electric version attacks a lot faster, so I find it to be more useful.
Fire charge move deals a TON of damage, though. Nearly game-breaking on normal difficulty, if you want my opinion...
I usually go with electric on hands and fire on feet, best of both worlds.
Dual durga. <3

Aurarian

So I tried ordering this on Amazon for the release date delivery and I don't get the option. I find that really weird as when I select the PS3 version, I get the option for release date delivery. I really don't want to buy from Gamestop or BB if possible because I also get $10 off from Amazon from AC2 purchase. =[

twenty1

Banned
Aurarian said:
So I tried ordering this on Amazon for the release date delivery and I don't get the option. I find that really weird as when I select the PS3 version, I get the option for release date delivery. I really don't want to buy from Gamestop or BB if possible because I also get $10 off from Amazon from AC2 purchase. =[

I pre -ordered from Amazon (my fave place to buy games) and I must've been blind because I didnt see that option either.

Aurarian

twenty1 said:
I pre -ordered from Amazon (my fave place to buy games) and I must've been blind because I didnt see that option either.

Do you live in Miami by any chance? I'm thinking it might be because of where I'm located. Otherwise, they aren't doing any more pre-orders for release date?

danmaku

Mdk7 said:
i skipped the second one, thanks buddy! ^_^
I wanna try those but i doubt i'll quit using my dear sword.. :p

You don't have to. Equip the sword AND the ice skates on your feet. Fantastic combo, you move ultra-fast and can deal a ton of damage with the sword.

sonicmj1

Question about earning medals:

I'm going back through normal and refining my runs before I start on Hard, and I'm trying to get the Alfheims I missed. If I want to get a good medal, do I have to hit each possible verse to do it (read: go back through Alfheims I already completed), or can I skip them to make my runs faster?

Those Witch Weave Alfheims kill my fingers trying to do all those Dodge Offsets, and I would hate to have to slog through them again and again.

hulot

If you want a pure platinum rating for the whole stage, you need to get pure's in every verse in one run, which includes both Alfheim and hidden verses.

Zeliard

Man, I hope the holidays haven't slowed down Amazon too badly. They still haven't shipped my copy yet and I got release day delivery. Ordered it several days ago as well.

No midnight sales, WTF?! I got an ass ton of work to ship tomorrow, AND I have to drop the M off for inspection so I won't be getting to the game for awhile.

cosmicblizzard said:
Sorry about that. Yeah, not really a big deal. Just one tiny scene.

And sorry to anyone else that saw it.

You better be! *shakes fist*

The Fearless angel is more like a dog than a dragon. Kinda feel bad for it too though, it actually had the common sense to just leave Bayonetta alone.

Fugu

XenoRaven said:
This is what I was gonna try next. The ones where you have to kill enemies with torture attacks will be easier now that I have more magic.
Buy the item that allows you to parry/counter and just parry the first few enemies as much as you can to build up copious amounts of magic. If you can get away with it, only use torture attacks on enemies that are nearly dead, as they've given you as much magic as they can. Also, use combos that don't end in wicked weaves to keep your damage down. Not getting hit is also important.

fernoca

Just "bought" this in Forza III.. :)

35mf9et.jpg

Can't wait... :)

I finally got my copy, though it came at an awful time; I'm in the midst of what seems to be mono - seeing a doctor tomorrow, but I digress. It hasn't even been opened yet, I'm just jazzed to know I CAN get my Bayonetta on tonight to get my mind off of the creepy crawlies in my blood stream.

EDIT: The 360 version doesn't include the eco-friendly case, that's good. Not that I mind them too much, but a Bayonetta disc deserves as much protection as possible. Period.

So the game I've been waiting for since the teaser trailer for over a year releases tomorrow, and I don't know when I'll find the time to pick it up, or play it because of a very busy week. This sucks.

Top Bottom