• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

fernoca

andymcc said:
wal-mart refused to sell the game to me on street date. awesome.
The official release is January 5th, unless it's post 12AM where you live....is still January 4th in many states.. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
now that's how you start a fucking game :lol

Chapter One, here I come.

andymcc

Banned
fernoca said:
The official release is January 5th, unless it's post 12AM where you live....is still January 4th in many states.. :p
it's the 5th where I live, they were selling darksiders and various street dated movies.

Fimbulvetr said:
You better be! *shakes fist*

The Fearless angel is more like a dog than a dragon. Kinda feel bad for it too though, it actually had the common sense to just leave Bayonetta alone.

Yeah, I don't know why I thought dragon. Maybe because of the tail. Still feel bad for it :(

I haven't even checked out the demo yet but I gotta say that the US TV commercials for this game have the best soundtrack since Flock of Seagulls "I Ran" in GTA:VC

I had never heard of La Roux before seeing this commercial. Highly recommend anyone who hasn't heard "In for the kill" go check it out. At least for what I've seen of the game it seems like a perfect match...

andymcc

Banned
well, just called another walmart about 25 miles away, they have it but the sale is restricted. so, no luck getting this tonight!! perhaps in the morning!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
unagisensei said:
I haven't even checked out the demo yet but I gotta say that the US TV commercials for this game have the best soundtrack since Flock of Seagulls "I Ran" in GTA:VC

I had never heard of La Roux before seeing this commercial. Highly recommend anyone who hasn't heard "In for the kill" go check it out. At least for what I've seen of the game it seems like a perfect match...

Really? I find that song absurdly annoying.

Door2Dawn said:
the sale is restricted

Thanks for the heads up. :lol

I've just never heard of anything like that before... it's the release date, it's on the shelf... and Wal-Mart is open 24/7. Why would the sale be restricted?

andymcc

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Thanks for the heads up. :lol

I've just never heard of anything like that before... it's the release date, it's on the shelf... and Wal-Mart is open 24/7. Why would the sale be restricted?
that's what I was wondering too. a manager sort if clarified and told ne that unless the game is a big release, sometimes the street date restriction doesn't lift until 7am, apparently that's when their systems reset

andymcc said:
that's what I was wondering too. a manager sort if clarified and told ne that unless the game is a big release, sometimes the street date restriction doesn't lift until 7am, apparently that's when their systems reset

Oh wow. Never heard of anything like that. Very interesting. Thanks for explaining. Oh well, that's just another 5 hours from now in U.S. EST time anyway :lol

Impressions 2 hours in..

Just beat first 4 chapters. Awesome awesome game. Truly kick-ass moments; game runs smoothly. Chapter 4 in particular was fucking crazy. So far, just a lot of fun fighting dudes.

What I don't like? One-note QTE's that require pitch fucking perfect precision otherwise you die. I've been getting gold and plats entire stages only to be undone by one pissy fucking X button maneuver. That's bad. I'm sorry.

MelbourneGAF:
EB on Swanston St is not selling Bayonetta.
EB on Elizabeth St.... is.

And the nice lady gave me the Scarborough Fair replica for free with regular edition. So I assume either they have stacks, or I am so handsome I break the retail system.

Tokubetsu

Kuraudo said:
La roux is awful. How so many people can have horrible taste in a bayonetta thread is confounding :p

To be fair, the Skream remix is the only of hers I actually like and thats because im a big dubstep guy. I tend to like 80s sounding shit but her vocals ruin most of the songs she's on and her videos just come off as cheesy.

andymcc

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
To be fair, the Skream remix is the only of hers I actually like and thats because im a big dubstep guy. I tend to like 80s sounding shit but her vocals ruin most of the songs she's on and her videos just come off as cheesy.

she has really nice beats, but her vocals are way overproduced sounding.

george_us

cosmicblizzard said:
HOLY FUCK at chapter 7! That ending was ridiculous!
Dick shot ftw! I kinda felt bad for that demon dragon thing at the end though.
I felt bad for all of the Cardinal Virtues when Bayonetta ruthlessly mauls them to death. All of them are so polite.:(

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
A little off topic but wow Sega is really pushing this game on MMA fans. UFC 108 was sponsored by the game and right now Sherdog is covered with Bayonetta ads.

LaneDS

How ridiculous is this game on the top difficulty level? I normally don't care about trophies/achievements, but I'm thinking I might try to 100% this one as a way of rekindling my ability to handle tough as nails action games. I've grown soft.

ReiGun

Aw man, I completely forgot this game was out today. Gonna have to hold on purchasing until I get paid. :( Now to leave this thread before something gets spoiled. Enjoy, those who have it.

vulva

george_us said:
Yes Bayonetta kills angels, I'm sorry you didn't know that.
yes, specific character trait descriptions and knowing that the aforementioned characters are angels is well known knowledge. I apologize for my ignorance.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
i always thought the gun was gonna be tacky, and it is. blemishes the top quality of the game. i got it as a present so i dont really mind so much, but if it was my money i would have gotten the standard edition.

perhaps teenage boys wont mind.

i personally would have liked some sort of unusual packaging with a disc that looks different to normal edition games and put it in something that makes you feel like you are performing a ritual unwrapping a magical artifact, she is a witch.

now time to kick some ass!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
just finished chapter three. the game just keeps getting better and better, and more and more crazy.

the game can be really, really pretty at times.
when I walked through the portal into the heavenly dimension my jaw dropped. not even a loading time!

there's a really awesome variety in the basic gameplay in each chapter too. it's not just 'oh, here's some more enemies, now here's some more, now here's another type thrown in'. it's really cleverly paced. sometimes you just fight, like, two or three enemies in a verse, or you'll be doing some other awesome platformer-esque twist through a level
upside-down on a wall while dodging boulders, or avoiding streams of lava
, and, in my case, it really rejuvenates me after a prior onslaught of enemies.

Chapter 3 was by far the best chapter yet (like I said, better and better), I can't wait to play some more later. Seems to be shaming any other action game I've played this gen, hell, it's shaming most current-gen games in general at the moment. Here's hoping it keeps upping the ante and getting more and more awesome.

Korey

Man, the wait is killing me. I've played the demo at least 10 times now.

Just played the demo once on Easy yesterday by mashing Y....so awesome :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way to practise with certain weapons? I just got
the whip
, and I'm wondering if there's a 'permanent loading screen' I can use to play with combos. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shit, Bayonetta will be mine tomorrow. Too bad I gotta work until late at night. But seriously, I played the demo like 10 times and I can't imagine how insanely badass the full game will be.

ZeMMiK

Snuggler said:
Shit, Bayonetta will be mine tomorrow. Too bad I gotta work until late at night. But seriously, I played the demo like 10 times and I can't imagine how insanely badass the full game will be.

really you can't....after chapter 6....it gets better and better. EnJoY!!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So it tops the giant hair dragon devouring the mini boss ogre? Or battling foes while flying on a peice of rock through space? Can't wait....<3

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Well I'm sitting in a walmart waiting for a general manager, but I'm pretty sure she'll tell me they don't know where it is in the back and I'll have to wait till morning

:(

diditz

Neo Member
Rez said:
is there a way to practise with certain weapons? I just got
the whip
, and I'm wondering if there's a 'permanent loading screen' I can use to play with combos. :lol

press select/back while loading

TwiztidElf

Magical Sound Shower
music in the car is a really nice touch. :D
Did I hear PSO music aswell??? Definitely recognized it, but couldn't identify the other stuff.

I was really surprised when EB rang and said that I can come and pick it up today.

Been playing pretty much all day and made it up to chapter 7. It’s so awesome! :D

Top Bottom