• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBQ GAF - Smokin' Your Meat, USA Style

MRSA

Banned
WWuYpsC.jpg

Moink moink moink

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've never wanted to go to a block party more than I do right now. Damn that looks good Jay. Nice job.

How do you guys with the Weber kettles keep the grill grates so clean? I clean mine before every use with a wire brush and also with a cleaning stone from time to time and while it's not gross, it's certainly not down to bare metal either. Some of yours look brand new!

MRSA

Banned
How do you guys with the Weber kettles keep the grill grates so clean? I clean mine before every use with a wire brush and also with a cleaning stone from time to time and while it's not gross, it's certainly not down to bare metal either. Some of yours look brand new!

That's because my grates are new lol. I do the same, wire brush before and after.

That's because my grates are new lol. I do the same, wire brush before and after.

Ha, that makes me feel a lot better. Reading back through the thread now, nice looking grill! I love my green OTG but I think had copper been an option a year ago it would have been an easy choice.

MRSA

Banned
Absolutely love the copper color, there's a crimson red color available at Ace. Never been a fan of the color red though.

My roast is at 90*, contemplating pulling it off at 115 or 120.

MRSA

Banned
Heads up on charcoal.

40lbs of Kingsford Blue for $9.99 at Lowes, limit 2 per customer.

Home Depot and Walmart should follow suit soon for their Memorial Day sale.

That being said, whats everyone Qing for Memorial Day?

CrankyJay

Banned
Heads up on charcoal.

Oh yeah, it's that time of the year. Thanks for the reminder. I always get the full limit.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I meant to post this a few weeks ago.

Easter weekend - 10 lb butt on Akorn. Plate setter + water pan added. The probe you see there is an iGrill monitor. Have a second probe suspended to monitor temp inside smoker. Ran it 15 hours, 3 hr rest. Turned out perfect!

GkvLxYs.jpg

I'm going to brine some chicken quarters (legs and drums) and smoke those...then crisp up the skin on the gasser.

Here's some pics of the same ones I did last year:

Those look DAMN DAMN good.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEE Chicken Leg Quarters.

Some I did on the grill a couple of days ago.

Covered in rub

14218767331_6937ed6dd7_h.jpg

Cooking away on the grill.

14222073315_5f2f94787d_h.jpg

And done.

14198920956_5412b341f5_h.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Heads up on charcoal.

FYI, Wal-Mart is having twin 15 pound bags on sale, not the 20 pound like Home Depot and Lowes. Walmart's price is 8.99.

I loaded up earlier this year when I was completely out, so I am good for now. But I could always use a couple of more bags, I guess.

CrankyJay

Banned
Bad cold is looking to fuck up my weekend plans of smoking. This is bullshit.

The cosmos is making me pay for what I did to that pig.

Thanks for the head's up on the charcoal! The last charcoal I bought was about this time last year during a similar sale, it feels great having a small stockpile.

Sadly the rainy weather is threatening to cut in on my smoking time this weekend but assuming I get a few dry hours I will try to get something cooked. I've been doing a lot of chicken thighs lately since they're so fast and easy, but I'm starting to get a little worn out on them. I love that I can smoke a batch in the evening after work though, and there's so many things you can do with a good smoked chicken thigh!

I've been thinking about brisket/burnt ends all week so I may finally attempt it.

CrankyJay

Banned
Thanks for the head's up on the charcoal! The last charcoal I bought was about this time last year during a similar sale, it feels great having a small stockpile.

Sadly the rainy weather is threatening to cut in on my smoking time this weekend but assuming I get a few dry hours I will try to get something cooked. I've been doing a lot of chicken thighs lately since they're so fast and easy, but I'm starting to get a little worn out on them. I love that I can smoke a batch in the evening after work though, and there's so many things you can do with a good smoked chicken thigh!

I've been thinking about brisket/burnt ends all week so I may finally attempt it.

Don't let the rain stop you unless it's a downpour. It's the winds that really screw things up.

Top Bottom