• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

KingGondo

Banned
Week 13 starts today, so I'll finish Sunday!

Trying to get my nerve up to post progress pics, it's pretty shocking to look at my before pics and realize how much I had let myself go. I'm not where I want to be yet, but I've made very good progress nonetheless. :)

Trying to get my nerve up to post progress pics, it's pretty shocking to look at my before pics and realize how much I had let myself go. I'm not where I want to be yet, but I've made very good progress nonetheless. :)

Good work man. Do what you feel like you're comfortable with. What's next? Another round?

KlotePino

Any type of pushup where my elbows really flare out so I can't even do one correct form diamond push up but I'm in my second week so I'm ok with that for now. Same with military pushups. It feels really unnatural for me and definitely wants to use muscles I don't have, that shit is done on my knees for now.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I thought about a crazy idea: creating a 24 moves routine called "X Endurance".

The catch? The 24 moves will be the hardest moves throughout X and X2.

Chattarockers, Corn Cob Pull Ups, Yoga Crane, Fifer Scissors, Frog Burpees, Crazy 8's-- you name it.

Anyone up?

You know you want to!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
SteveMeister- impressive numbers you posted, that's some really good progress in a short amount of time. Did you take before/after pictures? Are you finding P90X much more enjoyable than P90?

Thanks! I have pictures from January and another on from today, but since I'm doing a year-long program I wanted to wait until January for the "real" before/after comparison.

P90X is awesome. So much better than P90, which I thought was a great place to start but got too repetitive. I didn't have the Master Series so I did phases 3 and 4 for 60 days.

I can post my fatty pics if youd like!

FOOTE

Shoulders and Arms in a few minutes. Gotta get this done. It was a bad day. Dryer cost $200 to repair, and had to have a plumber come out.. Not motivated at all right now.

OchreHand

What's everyone's most difficult push-up move?

Other than the one arm, the 2 speed push ups from Ch Sh Tri are killer.

Diamonds for me and one arm.

And Tony asking everyone to do one arm push ups during the middle of the session is cruelty. I'll master them someday....

Plyo tonight! I actually missed Plyo after not having it for a week.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Drenched tonight from Insanity Max Interval circuit.

I felt like I had more energy tonight when starting. I pushed my afternoon snack to 4pm instead of 3 (I work out at 5). I think the almonds still in my stomach gave me more energy. May keep doing that.

LaneDS

Chattarockers, Corn Cob Pull Ups, Yoga Crane, Fifer Scissors, Frog Burpees, Crazy 8's-- you name it.

Anyone up?

You know you want to!

If I remember this and you go through with it, I'll try it sometime after finishing X2 and Insanity.

Thanks! I have pictures from January and another on from today, but since I'm doing a year-long program I wanted to wait until January for the "real" before/after comparison.

P90X is awesome. So much better than P90, which I thought was a great place to start but got too repetitive. I didn't have the Master Series so I did phases 3 and 4 for 60 days.

Awesome, glad to hear you're liking P90X that much. I'd recommend giving X2 a go afterwards because it's quite a bit different and I think I like it a lot more than X1. Anyway you go, your year one photos are going to be awesome if you keep up that pace!

Shoulders and Arms in a few minutes. Gotta get this done. It was a bad day. Dryer cost $200 to repair, and had to have a plumber come out.. Not motivated at all right now.

Flash the abs and ask if they accept that as a form of payment.

Sadly, they probably will not. Also, probably never do that, ever.

You'll totally get there! And I think you know if there is anywhere you can post unflattering pictures without catching any flack, it's right here.

FOOTE

Drenched tonight from Insanity Max Interval circuit.

I felt like I had more energy tonight when starting. I pushed my afternoon snack to 4pm instead of 3 (I work out at 5). I think the almonds still in my stomach gave me more energy. May keep doing that.

I've been doing this too. It has worked well for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Anyone up?

You know you want to!
Yes. I'd like to help you put this together and maybe start doing it once a week, although I don't know the X2 movies.

-Plank to chatauranga run
-Lunge-Kickback-Curl-Press-Reverse
-One-arm push-ups

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Awesome, glad to hear you're liking P90X that much. I'd recommend giving X2 a go afterwards because it's quite a bit different and I think I like it a lot more than X1. Anyway you go, your year one photos are going to be awesome if you keep up that pace!

After P90X, my TBB group is doing Insanity: The Asylum and then P90X2, which'll bring us back to January.

After that I'm hoping Asylum Volume 2 is out. If not I might go to a hybrid, at least until it is. And P90 X3 is on the horizon somewhere as well. At any rate I've no intention of stopping.

No offense but this sounds like an excuse.

I've been doing it on and off for a very long time and not a single second of it is new to me. I loathe physical exercise, so 1-1.5 hours of something that doesn't motivate or excite me is not appealing.

I went back to doing intense weight lifting at the gym the other day and doing a short amount of that left me feeling better than hours of p90x, which I put down to the release of endorphins, testosterone and other things.

I guess I'm just not a cardio person.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I was kinda kidding with the P90X Endurance thing. But now that I put more thought into it, it's actually a pretty good idea!

Here's what I have in mind: the hardest X workout ever. It will have 24 different moves-- a combination of upper, lower, core, yoga and plyometric moves. Zero breaks.

Basically there will be 6 rounds, all of them with different moves. There will be no breaks between rounds, instead, there will be something like a Yoga move (crane) or a balance pose.

The structure in each will be similar to that of the PAP workouts (1 resistance move, one explosive move, one core move, etc.)

So, if more people are up to the idea, start posting the absolute hardest moves you can think of from P90X and P90X2. My list would be:

Diamond Pushups
Prison Cell Pushups
Militar Pushups
Plyometric Pushups
2 Speed Pushups
Chattarockers
Full or Half Lolasanas
Frog Burpees
Mary Katherine Lunges with Weight
Set / Sprint / Plank / Plyo Pushup / Jump
80/20 Debbie Siebers.
Y Presses
Crazy 8's
Crunching Cohen Curls
Tricep Kickbacks / Curl / Presses on a Lunge
Yoga Crane
Chair Salutations
Corn Cob Pull Ups
Towel Pull Ups
Chair Lunges
Plank to Chaturanga ISO
Phelon Twist
Abrinome
Fifer Scissors

Corn Cob Pullups, no question. I fucking hate them so much.

Two Speed Pushups suck, too.

I used to hate Clap Pushups before I could do them properly, but now, I love them.

KingGondo

Banned
Good work man. Do what you feel like you're comfortable with. What's next? Another round?
Modified routine with running outside and cardio emphasized in general.

Since I did Lean this time, I could definitely see doing Classic after a month or so of that.

I'll post it again this week for more feedback.

I was kinda kidding with the P90X Endurance thing. But now that I put more thought into it, it's actually a pretty good idea!

Here's what I have in mind: the hardest X workout ever. It will have 24 different moves-- a combination of upper, lower, core, yoga and plyometric moves. Zero breaks.

Basically there will be 6 rounds, all of them with different moves. There will be no breaks between rounds, instead, there will be something like a Yoga move (crane) or a balance pose.

The structure in each will be similar to that of the PAP workouts (1 resistance move, one explosive move, one core move, etc.)

So, if more people are up to the idea, start posting the absolute hardest moves you can think of from P90X and P90X2. My list would be:

Diamond Pushups
Prison Cell Pushups
Militar Pushups
Plyometric Pushups
2 Speed Pushups
Chattarockers
Full or Half Lolasanas
Frog Burpees
80/20 Debbie Siebers.
Y Presses
Crazy 8's
Crunching Cohen Curls
Yoga Crane
Chair Salutations
Corn Cob Pull Ups
Towel Pull Ups
Chair Lunges
Plank to Chaturanga ISO
Phelon Twist
Abrinome
Fifer Scissors

Set, Sprint, Plank, Plyo Jump has to be on this list.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Diamond Pushups
Prison Cell Pushups
Militar Pushups
Plyometric Pushups
2 Speed Pushups
Chattarockers
Full or Half Lolasanas
Frog Burpees
Set / Sprint / Plank / Plyo Pushup / Jump
80/20 Debbie Siebers.
Y Presses
Crazy 8's
Crunching Cohen Curls
Yoga Crane
Chair Salutations
Corn Cob Pull Ups
Towel Pull Ups
Chair Lunges
Plank to Chaturanga ISO
Phelon Twist
Abrinome
Fifer Scissors
Niiiice. I need to learn these X2 moves. Did you see my suggestions?

I think Military and Prison Cell pushups are not quite up to the Hardcore X (er, Endurance X) standard, in favor of one-arm :p Do you think the Plank to Chat ISO is harder than the run equivalent? Tough call.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Something just occurred to me; I was borderline proud of my push up performance in my first Chest/Back of this cycle, so I dug up my old worksheet from my very first day of my first cycle of P90X and added the full total of unmodified push-ups (I don't write modified ones down as a way of pushing myself to always churn out an extra real one or two). 50 push-ups total on my first day throughout the whole of Chest and Back. 151 total last night. I've become able to do 101 more unmodified push-ups during this workout since the first time I did it. I still think of myself as a weakling in terms of push-ups and I know some of you are practically doubling that total, but man the progress is motivating.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Alright, here's the first draft of X Endurance *cue music:

ixRno4hiINctv.jpg

ROUND 1

- Fifer Scissors
- Military Push-ups
- 80-20 Debbie Siebers
- Crazy 8's

Break (lol): Tornado [X2] or Touch the Sky [X]

ROUND 2

- Corn Cob Pull-ups
- Single Leg Wall Squat
- Full or Half Lolasana [X2] or Pike Presses [X]
- Frog Burpees (Similar to Jump Knee Tuck, but after the jump you get into a plank and do a pushup)

Break (lol): Yoga Crane

ROUND 3

- Abrinome
- Towel Pull-ups
- Mary Katherine Lunges with Weight
- Crouching Cohen Curls

Break (lol): Chair Salutations

ROUND 4

- 2 Speed Push-ups
- Y Presses
- Plank Ball Crunch with Stability Ball [X2] or Superman/Banana [X]
- Chair Jumps

Break (lol): Super Skaters with no tapping

ROUND 5

- Prison Cell Push-ups
- Steam Engines
- Tricep Kickbacks / Curl / Presses on a Lunge
- Lunge Flying Kick / Back Kick

Break (lol): Side Bridge Leg

BONUS ROUND!

- Plank To Chaturanga ISO
- Yoga Wheel
- Renegade Rows [X2] or Sphinx Pushups
- Set / Sprint / Plank / Plyo Pushup / Jump

Break (lol): Phelon Twist [X2] or Mason Twist [X]

--------------------------

Bam, there's the monster. If you guys have any suggestions, make em. And Hawkian, for some moves I added a P90X variation for those who only have X. Although you can still see a video or ask for questions about the X2 moves since they are not that hard to explain.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy fuck, yes. That looks absolutely devastating.

I think I'll give it a shot on Saturday and see where I stand.

Love the Break (lol)
KuGsj.gif

Oh btw here's a warm-up to add (EXTREMELY important for this ludicrous workout):
Jog in place
Jumping jacks
Run lunges
Neck stretches
Side bends
Wide-foot back stretch
Cross arm/Tricep stretch
Quad Stretch
Forward bend
Alternating side lunges

mehdi_san

Really wanna try that monster workout, maybe I'll do it at the end of my p90x2 phase 2, and then again at the end of phase 3 to see if I get any progress.

Something just occurred to me; I was borderline proud of my push up performance in my first Chest/Back of this cycle, so I dug up my old worksheet from my very first day of my first cycle of P90X and added the full total of unmodified push-ups (I don't write modified ones down as a way of pushing myself to always churn out an extra real one or two). 50 push-ups total on my first day throughout the whole of Chest and Back. 151 total last night. I've become able to do 101 more unmodified push-ups during this workout since the first time I did it. I still think of myself as a weakling in terms of push-ups and I know some of you are practically doubling that total, but man the progress is motivating.

Keep it up man! I'm set in the same mindset that I want to fully flesh out my workouts before GW2 hits...I'm not trying to be lazy that week when it launches... <_<

Alright, here's the first draft of X Endurance *cue music:

(insert six rounds of Tony-tastic misery and death)

After doing all that I'll be hearing "I hate it, but I LOVE IT" in my deathbed. And I agree with that the entire Half Moon sequence in Yoga X should probably be in there somewhere.

Day 2 - Cardio X

Ah, the soreness feels so good, and makes me especially grateful that Plyo is not part of the normal sequence in the Leans program. I was taking breaks all the time in the second half though, typically when Tony warned against crashing lol. I suppose that can be forgiven since this is the second exercise, but I should be slowing down exercises rather than stopping altogether. I'll attempt that during Kenpo X.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Feeling awesome today. Just finished X2 Ab Ripper and I did the while phelon twist part without stopping. I could almost do the same on Abrinome.
-----

As for the Endurance X, it would be cool if we can get a group of people that agrees to do it on a specific day (maybe Saturday) to see how everyone fared. Some planning needs to be done before trying to do something of that caliber, lol.

I'll add the twisting moon poses somewhere in there too.

LaneDS

Feeling awesome today. Just finished X2 Ab Ripper and I did the while phelon twist part without stopping. I could almost do the same on Abrinome.
-----

As for the Endurance X, it would be cool if we can get a group of people that agrees to do it on a specific day (maybe Saturday) to see how everyone fared. Some planning needs to be done before trying to do something of that caliber, lol.

I like that idea, even if I'm not sure I would participate this particular weekend.

-----

Saturday's would work best for me. Count me in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not really this weekend, but any Saturday in the near future.
I'm attempting it this Saturday. let the pain commence.

My suggestions would be you replace military push ups with one-arm, and the Flying kick/back kick with the Warrior 3 Yoga sequence. What did you think of my warm-up?

tch

Wow Kenpo X was kinda okay. Most I've sweated in P90X so far, even more than Plyo.

Any recommendations for recovery drinks? I've been using chocolate milk but want to get something better.

Wow Kenpo X was kinda okay. Most I've sweated in P90X so far, even more than Plyo.

Any recommendations for recovery drinks? I've been using chocolate milk but want to get something better.

I know some people here think its overpriced... but i absolutely love the official P90X recovery drink. The taste of an orange creamsicle in drink form makes the workouts so worthwhile for me :)

I know some people here think its overpriced... but i absolutely love the official P90X recovery drink. The taste of an orange creamsicle in drink form makes the workouts so worthwhile for me :)

I second this.

Pro: tons of ingredients, especially creatine, and have proper carb to protein ratio (4:1)

Con: expensive, and some say high sugar (but some also say that's ok because it helps the body to intake the nutrients)

You can always get protein powdered well. Some of us use whey. I use syntha 6, which has great tasting stuff

tch

Thanks for the responses guys. Was considering the official one just wanted to see if there were any popular alternatives.

Just to clarify, you take Whey protein throughout the day and then the recovery drink after your workout?

Thanks for the responses guys. Was considering the official one just wanted to see if there were any popular alternatives.

Just to clarify, you take Whey protein throughout the day and then the recovery drink after your workout?

Up to your goal and needs. If you are following the diet plan, you really just want one as a recovery drink. If you want mass and actually want to gain weight, have two. Some also take 2 and say it makes no difference to their weight.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm attempting it this Saturday. let the pain commence.

My suggestions would be you replace military push ups with one-arm, and the Flying kick/back kick with the Warrior 3 Yoga sequence. What did you think of my warm-up?

That's a good idea, and the wam-up is good stuff. I'd also add maybe 5 minutes or more of foam rolling for those who have one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First plyo of phase 2 was DESTROYED.

I did every double time and didn't modify anything.

Feels goodman.
Steel-cut oatmeal, amirite?
They're working hard I know you are!
Sometimes I just hear this in my head, out of nowhere, in the middle of the day.

That's a good idea, and the wam-up is good stuff. I'd also add maybe 5 minutes or more of foam rolling for those who have one.
Cool down: go into child's pose and weep until you feel better

LaneDS

Needs some chattarocker and some "if you touch the ground, you're doing 15 push ups. On medicine balls."

Edit: If I'm home on Saturday (and let's be honest, I will be) I'll try this even though it'll eff up my X2 schedule some most likely.

Top Bottom