• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

mehdi_san

P90X2 grads, what did you think of X2 Shoulders & Arms? I did it for the second time today, and I just can't seem to get the same burn I was getting from the first S&A. I think part of it is because my legs/core get tired quickly, so I can't do enough reps (at least, my form has to be good since I'm standing on one leg only during the whole thing). Also, the workout is really short, i feel like maybe I should add a 4th round at the end. Anyone else felt like this?

Sometimes I just hear this in my head, out of nowhere, in the middle of the day.
SO.TRUE. Hahaha!!!
Also: Stop! And then go! And then go! (I think it was from Plyometrics??)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
We might need a 50 minute shavasana (corpse pose) after the workout, lol. So here's the revised X Endurance:

ixRno4hiINctv.jpg

Warm-Up: 5-10 Minute Stretch (Everything you can think of from the X and X2 warm-ups [jog in place, jumping jacks, scorpions, best stretch in the world, etc.) + a whole body foam rolling sequence if you have one.

ROUND 1

- Fifer Scissors
- One Arm Push-ups
- 80-20 Debbie Siebers
- Crazy 8's

Break (lol): Tornado [X2] or Touch the Sky [X]

ROUND 2

- Corn Cob Pull-ups
- Single Leg Wall Squat
- Full or Half Lolasana [X2] or Pike Presses [X]
- Frog Burpees (Similar to Jump Knee Tuck, but after the jump you get into a plank and do a pushup)

Break (lol): Yoga Crane

ROUND 3

- Abrinome
- Towel Pull-ups
- Mary Katherine Lunges with Weight
- Crouching Cohen Curls

Break (lol): Full Downward Dog / Chaturanga / Push-Up / Raise Leg / Crescent Pose / Warrior 3 / Twisting Half Moon (both legs)

ROUND 4

- 2 Speed Push-ups
- Y Presses
- Plank Ball Crunch with Stability Ball [X2] or Superman/Banana [X]
- Chair Jumps

Break (lol): Super Skaters with no tapping

ROUND 5

- Prison Cell Push-ups
- Steam Engines
- Tricep Kickbacks / Curl / Presses on a Lunge
- Lunge Flying Kick / Back Kick

Break (lol): Side Bridge Leg

BONUS ROUND!

- Chattarockers [X2] or Plank To Chaturanga ISO [X]
- Yoga Wheel
- Renegade Rows [X2] or Sphinx Pushups
- Set / Sprint / Plank / Plyo Pushup / Jump

Break (lol): Phelon Twist [X2] or Mason Twist [X]

Cooldown: Child's Pose / Cat Camel / NIS (Neuro Integrated Stretch with bands) or many of the other legs/buttocks stretches and a final Shavasana (corpse pose).

---------------------

If we decide to do this this Saturday, then I'll skip Back and Biceps this Friday and save energy for the psycho workout.

22495070.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OUTSTANDING GLORIOUS INSANITY
---------------------

If we decide to do this this Saturday, then I'll skip Back and Biceps this Friday and save energy for the psycho workout.

22495070.jpg
I'm not skipping back and biceps, so I fully expect to perform at the absolutely most pathetic capacity possible on this one. But I'm making me a worksheet for it nonetheless. For this time I'll be sticking with the X moves because I know em, I guess.

edit: damnit sorry, thought I edited and now I feel bad.

LaneDS

How many reps of each are we aiming for? Is this going to be within an hour? Might just have to put on a good album and have at it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How many reps of each are we aiming for? Is this going to be within an hour?
lol

I dunno. Definitely aiming for one hour

edit: Let's say 20-25 reps on the plyo/aerobic moves, Max reps on push-ups and pull-ups, strength-goal max on weight-based moves?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
How many reps of each are we aiming for? Is this going to be within an hour? Might just have to put on a good album and have at it.

I assume we all know what our numbers are for a lot of these moves. For the Push-Ups / Pull-Ups is definitely max reps. So if you can do 18 Pike Presses, then try to do that number (pacing yourself) or less since these workout is a beast.

For the plyometric moves, they should be around 30-45 seconds each, so that would be around 20-30 reps for each.

For the resistance moves, 8-10 reps mandatory.

For the abs/core:

- 25 reps of Fifer Scissors
- 10 Reps of Abrinome (holding each pose for a while)
- 20 reps of Tornado (clockwise and counter) or holding Touch the Sky for a Minute in 3 different positions.
- Phelon Twist 10 reps (holding each for a while) or 40 Mason Twists
- Steam Engines 50 reps

For the Yoga moves, we all have an idea of how long these moves last (until they burn your legs)

mehdi_san

Now you know what would be awesome? One of you with serious editing skills should make a custom workout video with all those moves. It would be easier to follow. Also, I can't work out without Tony's voice lol.

Never achieving more than 3 weeks in past P90X stats, I am proud to say I am doing my 4th week of phase 1 and hitting core synergetics next week...

What am I going to be looking forward to? Abdominal DOMS? lol

LaneDS

I am at work laughing just reading the impressions to that video; I'm not sure I want to watch it because it'll make me crack up during those workouts later.

Never achieving more than 3 weeks in past P90X stats, I am proud to say I am doing my 4th week of phase 1 and hitting core synergetics next week...

What am I going to be looking forward to? Abdominal DOMS? lol

Core syn is effing great... monster workout. Good job sticking with the program!

Edit: Listened to four seconds of the video (with two co-workers present) and had to turn it off because I was instantly in tears.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am at work laughing just reading the impressions to that video; I'm not sure I want to watch it because it'll make me crack up during those workouts later.
Hahaha same.

And Keoni, Core Syn is seriously solid all-around, your whole body will be sore but in a very "wow that was great" way.

LaneDS

I have been surprisingly productive at work today!

That LifeExtension Green Tea extract + a billion other things arrived today, kind of want to go home and try it. If my heart explodes, you guys can have my stuff.

FOOTE

We are all browsing GAF while at work? Internet Hi5. I'm new to this feeling, heh.
Yeah, but I'm on my phone. GAF is blocked at work.

I have one of the Insanity workouts tonight. I believe it's Pure Cardio looking forward to sweating like a hell beast after work.

xnipx

Just finished insanity. Got some good results but I'm wanting to try something different but the main reason I chose insanity was because of the lack of required equipment. I found somebody willing to let me borrow their resistance bands can I be successful in P90X with these only??

Yeah, but I'm on my phone. GAF is blocked at work.

I have one of the Insanity workouts tonight. I believe it's Pure Cardio looking forward to sweating like a hell beast after work.

Plyocide for me after work. And it's going to be the hottest day of the year so far here in Sacramento, 104.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just finished insanity. Got some good results but I'm wanting to try something different but the main reason I chose insanity was because of the lack of required equipment. I found somebody willing to let me borrow their resistance bands can I be successful in P90X with these only??

Yes, but I'd buy a pull-up bar if you can. Bands will work though.

KingGondo

Banned
Absolutely. I only used resistance bands for my Lean routine, and they worked well.

There are a few moves that aren't adaptable with bands, but they're few and far between.

owlbeak

Week 6 Day 3, done.

I did a double today because I had to go out of town to help my parents with some stuff, so I did back/biceps this morning and just finished plyo. NEVER AGAIN.

My ankle has been giving me a lot of problems during plyo. I had reconstructive ankle surgery in 2010 due to a hockey injury and it's going to be weak the rest of my life, according to my doctor. I wear a really crazy brace, but it still gets tweaked during plyo, only on hot foot does it cause an issue, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hooo man. Careful! Plyo is crazy high impact- don't be afraid to modify, it will still be an oustanding burn and remember that pushing yourself to the limit isn't necessarily worth the risk of injury which could sideline you and then you wouldn't be exercising at all!

I'd skip hot foot if I were you. It's towards the end and you could easily make a wrong step from being exhausted. I sometimes feel like I could snap my ankle if I landed wrong on that one.

I'm so sick of PlyoX. Looking forward to Plyocide tonight.

dab0ne

Week 6 Day 3, done.

I did a double today because I had to go out of town to help my parents with some stuff, so I did back/biceps this morning and just finished plyo. NEVER AGAIN.

My ankle has been giving me a lot of problems during plyo. I had reconstructive ankle surgery in 2010 due to a hockey injury and it's going to be weak the rest of my life, according to my doctor. I wear a really crazy brace, but it still gets tweaked during plyo, only on hot foot does it cause an issue, though.

And don't forget during plyo the dude has one leg. He modifies hot foot by jumping rope. I know you know your body better than any of us but, as stated previously, be careful and don't be afraid to modify.

Murdered Legs and Back today, was kinda hard with my ankle which is already forcing me to not do the cardio workouts until around 10th August, but I brought it!

Detox

I completed a set of p90x about one or two months ago and my gain was very minimal in terms of mass (about 5kgs - noob gains), however in terms of muscles I felt much better and stronger. I will be starting P90x again but this time to gain mass and will be following this workout plan detailed on the beachbody forums.
It currently looks like this:
Phase 1 - 3 weeks

1 - Chest, Shoulders, Tris
2 - Cardio X, ARX
3 - Legs & Back (with no back)
4 - X Stretch, ARX or X Plus Core
5 - Back & Bis
6 - Yoga X

Transition Week

1 - Core Syn
2 - Yoga
3 - Plyo
4 - X Stretch
5 - Core Syn
6 - Yoga

Phase 2 - 3 weeks

1 - Chest & Back
2 - Cardio X, ARX
3 - Shoulder & Arms
4 - X Stretch, ARX or X Plus Core
5 - Legs & Back (no back)
6 - Yoga X

Transition Week

1 - Core Syn
2 - Yoga
3 - Plyo
4 - X Stretch
5 - Core Syn
6 - Yoga
The emphasis with this is on choosing resistance to get 10 reps and doing each set to failure. The poster of this workout didn't post phase 3 so I was wondering if some of the more experienced guys would be able to form a workout for phase 3? Also want kind of foods should I focus on to gain mass? For some context I'm currently 60kgs while working out I hit 65kg and I would be satisfied if I got to 70kg.

owlbeak

And don't forget during plyo the dude has one leg. He modifies hot foot by jumping rope. I know you know your body better than any of us but, as stated previously, be careful and don't be afraid to modify.
You know...I don't think I've ever noticed him modifying that move. I will look for it next week and do that during hot foot.

Thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I completed a set of p90x about one or two months ago and my gain was very minimal in terms of mass (about 5kgs - noob gains), however in terms of muscles I felt much better and stronger. I will be starting P90x again but this time to gain mass and will be following this workout plan detailed on the beachbody forums.
It currently looks like this:

The emphasis with this is on choosing resistance to get 10 reps and doing each set to failure. The poster of this workout didn't post phase 3 so I was wondering if some of the more experienced guys would be able to form a workout for phase 3? Also want kind of foods should I focus on to gain mass? For some context I'm currently 60kgs while working out I hit 65kg and I would be satisfied if I got to 70kg.
Welp, what I'm following is this: http://getrippedathome.com/workouts-exercises/gaining-mass-with-p90x/

It uses obviously similar principles to what you posted, but the phase schedule is rather different (for one, there are 6 weeks before the first recovery week). There are some notes in there on nutrition and macro ratios in there, though.

Detox

Welp, what I'm following is this: http://getrippedathome.com/workouts-exercises/gaining-mass-with-p90x/

It uses obviously similar principles to what you posted, but the phase schedule is rather different (for one, there are 6 weeks before the first recovery week). There are some notes in there on nutrition and macro ratios in there, though.

Interesting points made on the nutrition parts in that link. When I look at the P90x nutrition guide I fall into level 1 which recommends in phase 1 to eat 5 servings of protein and only 1 serving of carbs while the link recommends 30/50/20 which I assume is 3 protein servings, 5 carbs and 2 fats? The latter with more carbs makes sense to me to put on more weight but on the other hand I don't think I am eating nowhere near enough the servings laid out in either nutrition plan so both will result in gains. I'm a bit conflicted which plan to follow now.

I'm also doing the P90X mass schedule. Check it out straight from BeachBody's Steve Edwards:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90xnl_011.do#
Interesting didn't realise he completed the schedule. The only thing I noticed is in the forums he posted that you skip the back part of legs & back while in the link it doesn't show this omission.

FOOTE

Week 6 Day 3, done.

Same here. only it's my knee and it was back in 2003. Still gives me a lot of trouble. I have to skip single leg wall squats every time because my knee wants to turn in a weird direction. Be careful. It it starts feeling weird, and I'm sure you know what I mean, you should think about stopping or modify so you don't hurt yourself.

I'm also doing the P90X mass schedule. Check it out straight from BeachBody's Steve Edwards:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90xnl_011.do#
Gonna save this for sometime down the road.

Need a vent a bit

Two co workers were appalled that I refused the cookie (not even one) they were offering. They even made a joke about how they will peer pressure me to eat cake later when it's their birthdays

And of course they think I'm the crazy one for not wanting cookie, but they don't see me forcing them to eat kale. Stop taking out your insecurities on me, !!!!!!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Need a vent a bit

Two co workers were appalled that I refused the cookie (not even one) they were offering. They even made a joke about how they will peer pressure me to eat cake later when it's their birthdays

And of course they think I'm the crazy one for not wanting cookie, but they don't see me forcing them to eat kale. Stop taking out your insecurities on me, !!!!!!

Haha, that's awesome. This also hapenned to me a few times. I told some people that I was on a diet and they laughed at me. Then I proceeded to touch the floor with the palms of my hands and their fat asses completely shut up*

*not really, but damn it would have been awesome.

Top Bottom