• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

LaneDS

It hapenned to me too during my only X2 Recovery Week.

The best thing to do is let your body heal completely. Drink lots of Vitamin C juices and stuff, then comeback strong after the cold is gone.

I like the "punch your sickness in the face with exercise" approach but it is likely less popular/wise.

Lots of chicken breasts, tuna, other fishes, and the occasional steak/extra lean ground beef. I order bulk whey protein ($175 for 25lbs) and have usually 2 shakes a day in between meals.

Only whole wheat breads, and limited at that. Most of my carbs came from the veggies I ate.

The supplements I used, other than the whey were really just for general health.

I take NOW ADAM multivitamins (they're cheap and they use the better versions of certain ingredients)
Vitamin D3
Omega 3
GCM (glucosamine) for joints. Not sure if it actually works, so I may stop that one.

I tried creatine but didn't notice anything really and I felt a little off, so I stopped.

I didn't really have many weights at home, only 10, 15, 20, 25s so that's the max/min I could use for any given exercise. Sometimes it's definitely not enough, especially for things like lawnmowers. It won't be enough soon, for curls, but for now it's manageable.

You're now like a text book case of P90X success; you used a smart diet, you didn't use any crazy supplements, and you just plain worked hard and kept on the diet with amazing results to show for it. Awesome stuff man.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Great work brother. Keep on keeping on man. I just finished my week six legs and back. It's still a rocker. I've noticed the workouts get harder as you go. I thought they would get easier as I got more used to working out but the better shape you're in the more you can bring which means deeper lunges and less time to break and shake it out. All in all I'm doing pretty well. I'm roughly half way through week 6 and I've lost 15 pounds. I'm gonna keep bringing it if you guys do too. Hope I can get some results like you though dude. Excellent work.

Edit: Fish Oil is supposed to work for joints. I take them everyday because my wife recommended it (she's a family physician). I haven't had any real joint problems yet.

Thanks, I think I'll stop the GCMs and just stick with the Omega 3s. I was just getting some loud pops in my knees. No pain or anything, but sometimes when I stand up or sit down it sounds like a damn 2x4 is being snapped in half. I've always had them since I was little, but now that I've been working out it's louder and more frequent.

LaneDS said:
You're now like a text book case of P90X success; you used a smart diet, you didn't use any crazy supplements, and you just plain worked hard and kept on the diet with amazing results to show for it. Awesome stuff man.

Cheers! I really appreciate that.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I like the "punch your sickness in the face with exercise" approach but it is likely less popular/wise.

I had the same idea, but then I learned that working out while sick could expand the sickness to the rest of your body and you'll be out for even more days. Not exactly productive.

I had the same idea, but then I learned that working out while sick could expand the sickness to the rest of your body and you'll be out for even more days. Not exactly productive.

I feel like I've beaten some colds by working out. Like I sweated the bug out of me. Or I just got over the cold quickly. :)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Fantastic results, Tenacious-V!

I didn't really have many weights at home, only 10, 15, 20, 25s so that's the max/min I could use for any given exercise. Sometimes it's definitely not enough, especially for things like lawnmowers. It won't be enough soon, for curls, but for now it's manageable.

I hear you on the lawnmowers. I have Bowflex 552's, they go up to 55lbs and I'm already (at week 5) doing 15 reps at 35lbs on both kinds of lawnmowers and heavy pants. I think I should be good up to the max weight but I'd probably have to do 30 reps per side at 25 to get anything out of lawnmowers now.

embalm

I've laid on the couch enough, I think I'll try the sweat it out.

So today I start Phase 2 of Insanity. I hear that it's like starting all over, which is making me nervous and excited.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

So today I start Phase 2 of Insanity. I hear that it's like starting all over, which is making me nervous and excited.

It is. I'm on week 2 of phase 2 and am dead. That extra 20 minutes in each workout really does it. As a note, the first phase 2 workout is the hardest so don't get discouraged.

LaneDS

Busy few days ahead exercise wise:

Tonight I have X2 Shoulders & Arms for the first time... prepared to really bring it. Aiming for 8-10 reps, higher weight on all the moves which I glanced at the other day.

Tomorrow morning I'm going for a 30 mile bike ride, then yoga later in the day. Might hit the pool in between the two and sweat out a million pounds (making my weight a cool negative 999,810 lbs, hello ladies).

Saturday will be my first attempt at Base & Back plus I want to try Steelo's crazy P90X Endurance X madness, so I'll be straight up wiped by Sunday, where I plan to do some glorious absolutely nothing.

Ixian

Alright, so I finally finished round 1 of P90X. I can't complain, it did wonders. I didn't think I would drop down this much weight, but I was pushing so hard to see if I could get in to single digit BF% before trying to size up (ended up at 15%). I'm also only 5'8" with a pretty small bone structure and frame size, so I guess it's not that bad.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8161/7556182682_c17e21e171_b.jpg
Holy fuck.

What sorts of vegetables did you include in your diet?

People on their first day of Insanity phase 2 are my favorite to hear from. Please post ASAP after completing it! Not sure how I feel about you doing it when you're sick though, due to how intense it is.

It's corn cob pull-up day for me, yaaaaaay...

LaneDS

Holy fuck.

People on their first day of Insanity phase 2 are my favorite to hear from. Please post ASAP after completing it! Not sure how I feel about you doing it when you're sick though, due to how intense it is.

It's corn cob pull-up day for me, yaaaaaay...

Can't wait to try Insanity (the whole program, properly) later this year. Need to finish X2 and switch apartments in September first though.

Tenacious-V, you should really cross post your results in the weight loss thread sometime... I think you'd blow a few minds.

Time to bring it- X2 Shoulders & Arms time.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm running another 5K race this Sunday, so I guess I'll postpone P90X Endurance for next week. Who else wants to do it on Saturday 21st?

Tenacious-V

Holy fuck.

I'm actually a pretty shitty cook, so I stuck to veggies that are pretty hard to screw up. I stayed away from really starchy veggies though, like corn and potatoes. I would have them occasionally though. As long as you can toss em in a pan or pot and not worry about them, that's my kinda veggie.

I eat mostly carrots, peas, spinach, broccoli, green beans, bell peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, cabbage, celery, as many different leafy greens as I could get my hands on (for green protein smoothies), onion, all those types. Ones that are easy to cook and last a long time in the fridge. For me, as long as it's not too starchy, then it's all good.

I mean my chef skills almost completely revolve around a george foreman or a microwave! lol

LaneDS said:
Tenacious-V, you should really cross post your results in the weight loss thread sometime... I think you'd blow a few minds.

lol, thanks. Will do.

Tenacious-V

Fantastic results, Tenacious-V!

I hear you on the lawnmowers. I have Bowflex 552's, they go up to 55lbs and I'm already (at week 5) doing 15 reps at 35lbs on both kinds of lawnmowers and heavy pants. I think I should be good up to the max weight but I'd probably have to do 30 reps per side at 25 to get anything out of lawnmowers now.

Yeah right now any exercise that's back related with weights is almost pointless. I still do it, just with a crazy amount of reps. Lawnmowers with 25s, yeah I do about 30 reps....

Ixian

I'm actually a pretty shitty cook, so I stuck to veggies that are pretty hard to screw up. I stayed away from really starchy veggies though, like corn and potatoes. I would have them occasionally though. As long as you can toss em in a pan or pot and not worry about them, that's my kinda veggie.

I eat mostly carrots, peas, spinach, broccoli, green beans, bell peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, cabbage, celery, as many different leafy greens as I could get my hands on (for green protein smoothies), onion, all those types. Ones that are easy to cook and last a long time in the fridge. For me, as long as it's not too starchy, then it's all good.

I mean my chef skills almost completely revolve around a george foreman or a microwave! lol
Sounds like me, except it's my grill and my pan, and only occasionally the microwave. XD I eat some form of salad every day and have been trying to introduce more vegetables into my diet, but it's a tricky balance trying to find ones I like and that go good with my normal daily meal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alright, so I finally finished round 1 of P90X. I can't complain, it did wonders. I didn't think I would drop down this much weight, but I was pushing so hard to see if I could get in to single digit BF% before trying to size up (ended up at 15%). I'm also only 5'8" with a pretty small bone structure and frame size, so I guess it's not that bad.

7556182682_c17e21e171_b.jpg
Dude, amaaazing results! Well-done! You must have some crazy discipline.

Damn. I feel like I don't even have much hope of getting there after two rounds, though I was in ridiculously bad shape starting out I suppose. Very motivating stuff.

OchreHand

Tenacious, wow. Just wow. You are gonna blow people's minds that haven't seen you since starting. Results like yours is why I joined this thread.

NYR

You're my fucking hero. Amazing work, you should be very proud!!

i-Lo

I love your determination mate. I guess it's time I followed through mine.

Just one question. How many hours a day do you have to work out?

Tenacious-V

I love your determination mate. I guess it's time I followed through mine.

Just one question. How many hours a day do you have to work out?

Thanks, the workouts are usually only an hour. So I would put it at let's say an hour and a half. Sometimes I hit pause to finish a set or because I'm about to pass out.

You'll need a door hung pull up bar and either weights or resistance bands.

i-Lo

Thanks, the workouts are usually only an hour. So I would put it at let's say an hour and a half. Sometimes I hit pause to finish a set or because I'm about to pass out.

You'll need a door hung pull up bar and either weights or resistance bands.

Aye thanks.

LaneDS

Tenacious, what are you going for next? I think if you do 365 days of this, you'll probably become Tony Horton (whether you want that or not).

On a different note, X2 Shoulders and Arms goes by super quick. I really brought it with the weight and maxed out reps on quite a few of the moves. Not sold on the Y-T press... even with 5 lbs that felt pretty lame in comparison to the other moves.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Tenacious, you should submit your results to Beachbody — you could be famous! Seriously, some of the best results I've seen yet. Nice work.

Core Synergistics was today, and as with earlier in the week, it kicked my ass. None of these workouts ever really get much easier (and they shouldn't if you're pushing yourself), but this one really doesn't get easier! I guess it's because you only do it every few weeks with the Classic program. The second round is just brutal. It's gotta be the most difficult 10-12 minute sequence of the entire program, or at least it is for me. Plank to Chaturanga Run, Walking Push-Ups, Superman Banana, Lunge-Kickback-Curl-Press, and Towel Hoppers all in a row... Christ. Luckily the last round ain't so bad, because I'm pretty much dead after that section.

FOOTE

Welp, I have to workout in the morning before work tomorrow. It's going to seriously put me out of my comfort zone. Never have done an insanity workout before going to work.

Congrats to Tenacious V. Excellent work man.

Tenacious-V

Alright, here's the one with 30 and 60 added as requested.

7559058916_3beb8e5798_b.jpg

LaneDS said:
Tenacious, what are you going for next? I think if you do 365 days of this, you'll probably become Tony Horton (whether you want that or not).

lol, don't know if I could handle being Tony. Then I'd have to go on FB and bitch everyone out on a daily basis.

I think I'm going to do 1 more round of P90X, then try something else. maybe X2. I looked at X2 and I know I don't have a strong enough core for all that balancing stuff. I still struggle with the damn superman banana...

vatstep said:
Tenacious, you should submit your results to Beachbody — you could be famous! Seriously, some of the best results I've seen yet. Nice work.

Thanks, I don't think I'd enjoy being a promotion though. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm too small, I'm only 145 man. All those guys on BB and TV and have at least 20-25 on me.

Welp, I have to workout in the morning before work tomorrow. It's going to seriously put me out of my comfort zone. Never have done an insanity workout before going to work.

Sucks man. I think I did Insanity once before work, I was drained all day. I'm most definitely not a morning work out person. At least it's a Friday.

FOOTE

Sucks man. I think I did Insanity once before work, I was drained all day. I'm most definitely not a morning work out person. At least it's a Friday.
Yeah. I'll probably head off to bed early. I'm hoping that helps a little. Tomorrow is going to be a rough work day though.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Yeah. I'll probably head off to bed early. I'm hoping that helps a little. Tomorrow is going to be a rough work day though.

It's not bad once you get used to it. I get up at 4:30am to exercise, because it's the only time I can guarantee I'll have available. Decide, commit, bring it.

LaneDS

Tenacious, you totally have a strong enough, uh, anything, for P90X2. You should totally give it a go after your next round of P90X because I suspect you'll really enjoy it; it's changed up in a lot of fun ways and I personally feel like the results are noticeable.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished a Legs and Back session. I went cray and surpassed my last week numbers. I can already see an improvement in pull ups and chin ups.

Thankfull my left elbow didn't bother me this time.

T.O.P

Banned
First week down, will probably do Cardio X today instead of Stretch, i'm not feeling sore at all

Got some problems on Plyo though, had to stop with 20 minutes left, i couldn't feel my legs for fucks sake lol hope to do well next week

And i need a new mat, i almost slammed my head on the floor 'cause of that piece of crap e.e

@Tenacius-V

holy fuckin shit

LaneDS

Not sure if I feel really good, or if I feel tired...

I think you're allowed to feel both! Just forced myself up for this 30 mile bike ride (mind, probably hours later than you, but still feels early on a day off!) so I can somewhat relate. Way to be dedicated enough to get your workout in so early!

rkn

Alright, here's the one with 30 and 60 added as requested.

I think I'm going to do 1 more round of P90X, then try something else. maybe X2. I looked at X2 and I know I don't have a strong enough core for all that balancing stuff. I still struggle with the damn superman banana...[/QUOTE]

Great results man, stings a little because I've been perpetually stuck in between your day 30 and 60, but I just really need to clean up the diet apparently still. But great motivation. Day 60 - 90 is just insane though.

Well I'm off to my bachelor party. Eat healthy for me guys. Also, good luck to those doing Endurance X this weekend. I look forward to doing the next one.

embalm

So Insanity Phase 2, Day 1.
It includes the 25 minute fit test & the new workout... Why would they do that!?

I did do the fit test and pretty much crushed my last results.

I didn't move onto the new workout, after the fit test I felt pretty dizzy and decided that it was better to hold back for now.

I have a 45 mile bike ride planned this weekend, if that goes well then I'll jump full on into Phase 2.

Top Bottom