• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

So I ran 7.25 miles this morning.

Some days, when I'm feeling super crazy, I can do this and then do a P90X workout at night.

Today is not one of those days.

Total opposite for me. I thought i'd get used to it but no. I'm finishing phase 2 and my legs hurt all week long. And I get leg cramps every other morning.
I'm one of those shit people who jumps in to P90X periodically, so I never get results. I just like the workouts for when I do choose to do them.

Anyway, soccer has always been my sport, so I suppose I'm used to working my legs the most. So I can get through the leg section fairly easily, but I'm so weak in my back it's unreal.

PKrockin

So I ran 7.25 miles this morning.

Some days, when I'm feeling super crazy, I can do this and then do a P90X workout at night.

Today is not one of those days.

Giving up before you even start? That's not like you, is it? :p

Push play, do your best, and forget the rest.

Total opposite for me. I thought i'd get used to it but no. I'm finishing phase 2 and my legs hurt all week long. And I get leg cramps every other morning.

Same here. My legs ache like crazy ever since plyo, especially my calves.

Haha. I should add that I've done these 7-7.5 mile runs four times this week in addition to several P90X workouts. So I wouldn't say I'm slacking. I just happen to be dead tired tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
IqdW4.jpg

I needed this chuckle after what went down earlier today.

YES! Did this for the first time last X2 Yoga. Felt sooo good.

Legs n' back, another extra rep on my personal bests for almost every pull-up round.

give me a hey hey

MIMIC

Banned
Kenpo day.

I'd rather kill myself with cardio stuff than weight lifting. I did legs and back yesterday and afterwards almost fell down the stairs. lol

LaneDS

Haha. I should add that I've done these 7-7.5 mile runs four times this week in addition to several P90X workouts. So I wouldn't say I'm slacking. I just happen to be dead tired tonight.

Haha, oh dude, I was in no way suggesting you were slacking! 7 miles is the longest I've run in my entire life, and I did that, uh, once. Was just trying to be that voice that says "you can do it!".

I just yoga'd. Felt good (to finish).

Today has been a whirlwind of terrible decisions with eating too much pizza and not starting off in the morning like I wanted to, and terrible circumstances with appointments leaving me to start on Legs and Back at around 11 PM dead tired. Fucking painful. It felt like I was back at Day 1 with all the breaks I took (2hr+ after finishing everything).

But I did my best and forgot the rest, which helped my form improve and allowed me to do more reps. So things worked out in the end probably.

Now I need to haul my ass to bed to catch the TDKR IMAX screening in the morning.

LaneDS

Today has been a whirlwind of terrible decisions with eating too much pizza and not starting off in the morning like I wanted to, and terrible circumstances with appointments leaving me to start on Legs and Back at around 11 PM dead tired. Fucking painful. It felt like I was back at Day 1 with all the breaks I took (2hr+ after finishing everything).

But I did my best and forgot the rest, which helped my form improve and allowed me to do more reps. So things worked out in the end probably.

Now I need to haul my ass to bed to catch the TDKR IMAX screening in the morning.

Yeah! At least you did it man, so good on you. I ate McDonalds (a-fuckin-gain) last night so am with you on the bad eating train. But I worked out yesterday, and imma workout now too.

...the question is, Base & Back as scheduled, Endurance X as challenged, or B&B followed by EndoX? Hm. Drinking pre-workout drink now either way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Starting Endurance X. If you don't hear back from me it's because I'll be in child's pose all day.

Loading up for it myself now! Gotta say, can't wait to be done with this goddamn blue raspberry Assault. It is not good.

Moderately injured pinky toe, hope it doesn't keep me from smoking last week's numbers :(

LaneDS

Loading up for it myself now! Gotta say, can't wait to be done with this goddamn blue raspberry Assault. It is not good.

Moderately injured pinky toe, hope it doesn't keep me from smoking last week's numbers :(

It is universally agreed upon (you know, the universe of my apartment) that the blue one is some sin against humanity. All favors are terrible, blue is king of terrible, and raspberry lemonade is queen of least terrible.

I bailed half way through X2 B&B. Didn't have enough energy to pull out any unassisted reps for chin or pull ups on the second half, likely because I hadn't eaten anything yet for the day, so I'm going to return to it later in the day I think (might start over, or start Endurance X for kicks). Trying to avoid using the chair for pull/chin ups and just max out unassisted even if it's like, 2-4 reps. My arms are trashed from Thursday's X2 Shoulders & Arms, and that I do not think is helping matters today either.

OchreHand

Today was supposed to be my Kenpo day but decided to try CardioX for the first time. I was expecting jumping jacks and maybe some running in place. Had no idea CardioX encompasses yoga, plyo and core. I loved it! I sweated far more in this work out (DNA removal) than Kenpo and felt better, too.

oatmeal

Banned
Yoga today (I've switched to X2)...yippee!

I'm driving to Canada this week (19ish hours) so it wil be hard to do much, grrr

Well that's not true...if we leave around 5am and get to our first stop around 6pm I would have time in the hotel. And then the next day just work out when I get back to my parents place.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yoga today (I've switched to X2)...yippee!

I'm driving to Canada this week (19ish hours) so it wil be hard to do much, grrr

Well that's not true...if we leave around 5am and get to our first stop around 6pm I would have time in the hotel. And then the next day just work out when I get back to my parents place.
I'm doing a 4 day road trip a week from today too! gonna be so tricky. least I have bands to bring...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Yeah! At least you did it man, so good on you. I ate McDonalds (a-fuckin-gain) last night so am with you on the bad eating train. But I worked out yesterday, and imma workout now too.

...the question is, Base & Back as scheduled, Endurance X as challenged, or B&B followed by EndoX? Hm. Drinking pre-workout drink now either way.

Base and Back and then Endurance X? Sounds like overkill.

Speaking of Endurance X, I'm gonna take a short nap and then I'll do it. I'm gonna need the energy, lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I beat most of my numbers, and did the correct moves this time! :D I can't imagine doing another workout on top of Endo X on the same day, holy crap you guys.

PKrockin

Kenpo this morning went okay. Getting my kicks high was tough but in the cooldown I noticed I could stretch a little farther in Downward Dog which was cool.

Harry hasn't posted.

http://i.imgur.com/xyZuC.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol, I laughed way too hard at this post because [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DeNPUKeamY"]this song[/URL] started playing on my playlist.

LaneDS

Base and Back and then Endurance X? Sounds like overkill.

Speaking of Endurance X, I'm gonna take a short nap and then I'll do it. I'm gonna need the energy, lol.

Base & Back round 2 didn't go so hot, so hours later I'm trying Endurance X (only did the first half of B&B). Sent myself some links with videos for the moves I didn't know completely by name, am going to play some music loud, and just get myself exhausted. Pretty sure the lack of a proper video will keep me from doing this more than once in a blue moon (I like the videos since they keep me semi-focused), but I still have to try this all the same.

Here goes.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Endurance X done. I guess doing that hybrid the same day I started a natural colon cleanse wasn't the best idea, lol.

Still, I'm very happy with how everything turned out. Really a monster workout, and it took me exactly 1h5mins to complete (including warmup and cool down). It felt good being able to do more reps than I would normally do, like 25 fifer scissors or 25 Pike Presses.

I was barely able to finish the bonus round since my stomach was begging for me to go to the bathroom.

Really looking forward to the next time I do this thing.

LaneDS

Got through three rounds of Endurance X and just couldn't make myself do the exercises off of a laptop screen any longer. Also, it was late, and I was already telling myself like "I'll just do 30 push ups instead of these frog jumps because of my neighbors" so I figured that was enough. Good and tired, all the same. I'll give it another go a few months from now.

Going for a run since I am not particularly pleased with either B&B or the EX performance from today.

tch

Oh man. Fell asleep early last night before I got to do Plyo. Woke up early and did it in the garage( so I wouldn't wake anybody up), it was around 85 degrees and 100% humidity. It was killer. Then I painted said garage. Then Shoulders and Arms which I felt pretty good about. By the time I got to ARX I was toast. Literally paused for a break and took a 5 minute nap. Crazy day, looking forward to yoga after today haha.

PKrockin

Oh man. Fell asleep early last night before I got to do Plyo. Woke up early and did it in the garage( so I wouldn't wake anybody up), it was around 85 degrees and 100% humidity. It was killer. Then I painted said garage. Then Shoulders and Arms which I felt pretty good about. By the time I got to ARX I was toast. Literally paused for a break and took a 5 minute nap. Crazy day, looking forward to yoga after today haha.

Damn, that sounds brutal. My air conditioner is garbage and it's humid here too so I know how it feels to work out in that kind of environment. Good on you for not skipping.

LaneDS

Yikes, that sounds very unpleasant, but good job making it happen.

Bright side to my training today was the run; I managed to do 3.12 miles in 25:04, my fastest run probably since my high school or college days (I'm 30, for reference). Felt redeemed after ho-hum Back & Base and Endurance X attempts.

FOOTE

lol nice. Made an impromptu trip to Napa.

I was wasted by the bonus round. I'd like to put together a video of the moves to make it easier. I might give it a try if I have some free time this week.

That would be cool.

.. Thought you were saying you painted the wall with your sweat because that sounds bananas. Enjoy yoga, you deserve it.

grumble

I really wish P90x had some lower back exercises, I think it only has 1 lower back exercise?

It's a major weakness of the program. Unfortunately it's tricky to get lower back movements in safely without some equipment. Could do dumbbell straight leg dead lifts, but those can be a little tricky.

LaneDS

It's a major weakness of the program. Unfortunately it's tricky to get lower back movements in safely without some equipment. Could do dumbbell straight leg dead lifts, but those can be a little tricky.

Curious what else you would identify as weaknesses of the program. As my lower back is pretty weak (becomes very apparent during either ab ripper program) I might try incorporating the move you mentioned (are those only tricky because you run the risk of hurting your back with bad form?).

OG Kush

I think another weakness is the chest development. Pushups are great, but you need some barbell/dumbell chest exercises to take you to the next level.

OchreHand

I think another weakness is the chest development. Pushups are great, but you need some barbell/dumbell chest exercises to take you to the next level.

Coincidently I was just researching ways to improve the chest muscles besides push ups. I plan on doing another round of p90x when I'm done this Sept. Has anyone added benching to their routine?

Coincidently I was just researching ways to improve the chest muscles besides push ups. I plan on doing another round of p90x when I'm done this Sept. Has anyone added benching to their routine?

I bench twice a week doing 3 sets of 5. Convenient having it in my garage, I just head out there after a P90X chest day and my Yoga day. Been doing it for the last 4 months. Chest is the biggest weakness in the P90X program by far.

OchreHand

I bench twice a week doing 3 sets of 5. Convenient having it in my garage, I just head out there after a P90X chest day and my Yoga day. Been doing it for the last 4 months. Chest is the biggest weakness in the P90X program by far.

I'm thinking of benching on Chest days. Do you still do the push ups or did benching replace them?

I'm thinking of benching on Chest days. Do you still do the push ups or did benching replace them?

I do the push ups. You'll still benefit from them and they never wore me out to the point where it effected my bench later on. I don't usually bench for a couple hours after my P90x workout since I'm waiting for my garage to cool down.

KlotePino

Mmm, I really want to get at least some firmer pecs so looks like I have to figure out some chest exercises to do outside of P90X. Anyone have any tips for things you can do with the dumbells since I have no barbell, at least not yet. Was looking at a (incline) bench seems that seems like it's used for a lot of dumbells exercises but they're not as cheap as I'd hoped for them to be.

OG Kush

Mmm, I really want to get at least some firmer pecs so looks like I have to figure out some chest exercises to do outside of P90X. Anyone have any tips for things you can do with the dumbells since I have no barbell, at least not yet. Was looking at a (incline) bench seems that seems like it's used for a lot of dumbells exercises but they're not as cheap as I'd hoped for them to be.

Every chest exercises you do with a barbell can be done with dumbells. Many would argue that its actually better to do with barbells as it puts less strain on the shoulder. Apart from the main presses (flat, incline, decline) you can add flys/cable crossovers and dips. Plenty of other stuff as well.

You can get pretty creative putting a couple chairs together to replicate a bench. Just make sure it's stable. Also a stability ball can work like a bench and they are fairly cheap. It will add a balance component so don't use a ton of weight until you get a feel for it.

KingGondo

Banned
I was torn today--I had planned on replacing Kenpo with Plyo or Plyocide, but was running short on time (and my glutes are extremely sore from Legs & Back yesterday). At the same time, I didn't want to do vanilla Cardio X because the Kenpo section really kills my heart rate and brings down my results.

I stumbled upon a really nice modification to Cardio X.

Do the same routine, but sub out all the Kenpo stuff for Plyo moves. Instead of the Cardio X Kenpo sequence, this is what I did:

Jump squats (30 sec.)
Run-Stance Squat (30 sec.)
Double Airborne Heisman (30 sec.)
Circle Run (1 min.)
*break*
Squat Reach Jump (30 sec.)
Run-stance Squat Switch Pick-up (30 sec.)
Squat Jacks (30 sec.)
Jump-knee Tuck (30 sec.)
*break*
Regular Cardio X Plyo Sequence

It segued beautifully into the regular Plyo sequence and I got a MUCH better burn, and I'm definitely gonna do it from now on. My heart rate was easily in my zone the entire time, whereas with the unmodified routine it really drops during Kenpo.

Top Bottom