• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ooomgz red lobster. stayed within my lg feeding window, hilariously, but boy I really need to eat well tomorrow
KuGsj.gif

mehdi_san

Tony must be taking a lot of heat for TH Kitchen. He's now justifying it on FB.
I don't get the hate for that. Yes it's expensive, but where else can you get food that is not pizza or Chinese delivered to your house? There has to be a market for this (people with enough money but don't want to cook by themselves), and he has all the rights to try to go after that market. People who can't afford it shouldn't really be complaining at all. You don't hear me complain because I can't afford a real massage every day...

Ixian

Tony must be taking a lot of heat for TH Kitchen. He's now justifying it on FB.
He's been defending it on Facebook ever since the pricing was announced. I think it's a good service for what it is, but my mind boggles when I think about the price relative to my paycheck.

LaneDS

The way he tries to justify it is hilarious too, like driving to pick up your food and prepare it such an inconvenience that paying $50 or so a day on your meals is the better option.

Love P90X, and Tony Horton, but he is totally a shill in some regards.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
The way he tries to justify it is hilarious too, like driving to pick up your food and prepare it such an inconvenience that paying $50 or so a day on your meals is the better option.

Love P90X, and Tony Horton, but he is totally a shill in some regards.

Yeah there are better ways to justify the expense. Time is money; take all the guesswork out of choosing the right ingredients; stressing how shipping fresh unfrozen food is included as part of the cost, etc.

He's offered a 25% discount to the first 500 subscribers, but even with that and all other things considered I think it's still overpriced, especially since it doesn't include snacks, supplements or beverages.

Plus, it doesn't appear to be customizable enough to fit in with individual needs. Ideally you'd do periodic consults where your macronutrient needs would be determined based on your goals, progress, and status within your current workout regimen, and the meals would be tailored to the results. Now THAT would make it worth the current price.

FOOTE

Going to have to work pretty hard this week.. I went to the three Cardinals games over the weekend vs the Cubs and drank sooooo much beer. I missed workouts on top of it too.
I ate clean though. No nasty ballpark franks or greasy/sloppy fast food.
I sorta feel ashamed now, but it was a GREAT weekend. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Plus, it doesn't appear to be customizable enough to fit in with individual needs. Ideally you'd do periodic consults where your macronutrient needs would be determined based on your goals, progress, and status within your current workout regimen, and the meals would be tailored to the results. Now THAT would make it worth the current price.
At least SOME customization options would be nice. Vegetarian/Vegan/Meat-once-a-day isn't really a broad spectrum

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
At least SOME customization options would be nice. Vegetarian/Vegan/Meat-once-a-day isn't really a broad spectrum

Yep. I also don't fully buy into his mostly-vegan diet philosophy. High quality meat is GOOD for you. THK meals are too low in protein & good fats. If you get on this and want to build mass you'll HAVE to supplement.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Last week of Insanity here. I've been on a weight plateau for like 2 months though. I'll gain a few pounds and lose a few pounds. Right at that 200 mark (203 today, 201 last week). I just can't get that last 10-15 lbs started.

Maybe my next P90X/2 hybrid will do it. I'll be out for work all week next week though, need to hit the hotel gym.

LaneDS

Ugh the way I'm feeling right now is such a great incentive not to screw up my diet at all frequently
KuGsj.gif

High five. I actually missed work today because my stomach disagrees with my lovely eating choices this weekend that much. Bright side: lowest weight on the scale! Woo/ugh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha, I wish I could've stayed home... so much to do in the office, but my body is not willing.

On the bright side, I'm craving green vegetables something fierce for lunch. That has to be a good sign!

Ixian

Second to last week of P90X. Going shopping for a home gym setup this weekend, and spending this week planning out some meals to go with my new macros. Very excited to start the next chapter of my life, and I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my experience in this thread! I bear no ill will towards the Fitness thread people but I'm pretty happy with our community here. :)

FOOTE

I think it's a Subway Monday...

Oh shit.. Whole wheat, brother. Whole wheat.

Second to last week of P90X. Going shopping for a home gym setup this weekend, and spending this week planning out some meals to go with my new macros. Very excited to start the next chapter of my life, and I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my experience in this thread! I bear no ill will towards the Fitness thread people but I'm pretty happy with our community here. :)

Are you still going to do any of the Beachbody programs? I'm cool with you posting in here, not that it means anything, but I'm interested in hearing about what you're planning next.

Oh I did MAX Interval Circuit for the second time today. That workout is bloody hard. If I'm every able to bring it like the blonde girl in that.. I'll know I've made it. Until then I have work to do.

I just tried to order Shakeology(not my first time ordering it).. and I wasn't brought to a confirmation page and haven't received an email. The junk is $140 so I'm a bit reluctant to just order it again....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mind? Every regular poster in here is a motherfucking diamond of gold.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Last week of Insanity here. I've been on a weight plateau for like 2 months though. I'll gain a few pounds and lose a few pounds. Right at that 200 mark (203 today, 201 last week). I just can't get that last 10-15 lbs started.

Maybe my next P90X/2 hybrid will do it. I'll be out for work all week next week though, need to hit the hotel gym.

How's your diet been during this timeframe? Do you track your food intake or just kind of wing it?

My wife gets in trouble all the time because she isn't tracking her macros and just kind of eats stuff that she thinks is good...and it all mostly is good...except for the quantities that she eats it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How's your diet been during this timeframe? Do you track your food intake or just kind of wing it?

My wife gets in trouble all the time because she isn't tracking her macros and just kind of eats stuff that she thinks is good...and it all mostly is good...except for the quantities that she eats it.

Same as before. I eat really well during the week, and decent on weekends. Weekends I'll have 2-3 cheat meals though. Maybe it's time to cut back to 1-2. I can tell I still have about 10 pounds left to lose, and figured Insanity would do it, but I haven't really lost anything on it which is odd.

I seemed to lose more on P90X's mix of weights and cardio than Insanity's just plain cardio.

FOOTE

Same as before. I eat really well during the week, and decent on weekends. Weekends I'll have 2-3 cheat meals though. Maybe it's time to cut back to 1-2. I can tell I still have about 10 pounds left to lose, and figured Insanity would do it, but I haven't really lost anything on it which is odd.

I seemed to lose more on P90X's mix of weights and cardio than Insanity's just plain cardio.

Ahh. Try eating 100% clean for a month and see how your body reacts. Those cheat meals used to destroy me.

zlatko

Banned
I got my P90x in the other day, but unfortunately my resistance bands from amazon are a no show. Hopefully they turn up today/tomorrow, then I can start my 90 days of pain. :(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ahh. Try eating 100% clean for a month and see how your body reacts. Those cheat meals used to destroy me.

That's the problem, eating "100% clean" would kill me. It's one of the reason's I've set up my "diet" the way it is. I never wanted to not be able to eat foods I love because of a diet.

If that's the issue I'll have to cope, and cut back a bit. I don't think I could ever go 100% "clean" though. :p

Ixian

Are you still going to do any of the Beachbody programs? I'm cool with you posting in here, not that it means anything, but I'm interested in hearing about what you're planning next.
I'm going to be doing deadlifts/squats/bench pressing three days a week. Basically switching to the entire LeanGains intermittent fasting/exercise model rather than just doing the eating portion of it. There's not too much exciting stuff to be said about that kind of lifting so I imagine most of my posts will be progress-related or still participating in P90X or Insanity discussions, but I know quite a few people in here have shown interest in LeanGains so hopefully they'll get something out of my posts. :)

I think this got me pretty hard when I was doing Insanity, too. I'd eat decent foods and then go "Oh let me just throw a little cheese on it!" [throws on a lot of cheese] -- that shit adds up quickly. Using MyFitnessPal definitely got me in tune with that stuff, but I'm probably going to not use it so much when I make the transition to full LG since I'm comfortable with my portion knowledge now.

Turkey on whole wheat with avacado. I'm ready for Pure Cardio tonight.

@Foote - Were you talking about Anna? That chick is hardcore. Easy on the eyes too.

OG Kush

So how many calories are people burning on ab ripper x? I've been reading reports u can burn upto 600 calories and I'm thinking no way this is possible?
Also any recommendations for good and relatively cheap heart rate monitors/calorie counters? thanks

FOOTE

So how many calories are people burning on ab ripper x? I've been reading reports u can burn upto 600 calories and I'm thinking no way this is possible?
Also any recommendations for good and relatively cheap heart rate monitors/calorie counters? thanks

In ARX alone? There's no way I'm coming close to that.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
That's the problem, eating "100% clean" would kill me. It's one of the reason's I've set up my "diet" the way it is. I never wanted to not be able to eat foods I love because of a diet.

If that's the issue I'll have to cope, and cut back a bit. I don't think I could ever go 100% "clean" though. :p

1 cheat day a month.

Can you do it?

lol...

And by that i mean 1 big meal only or one big cheat as fuck pizza for the entire day, and that day you do cardio.

About ab ripper, I heard it was 500-600 cals too.

That sounds way too high lol...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
1 cheat day a month.

Can you do it?

lol...

And by that i mean 1 big meal only or one big cheat as fuck pizza for the entire day, and that day you do cardio.

About ab ripper, I heard it was 500-600 cals too.

That sounds way too high lol...

No way. I need at LEAST 1 a week. I'm a big foodie. During the week it's easy because I don't have much time, but on the weekend I want to cook or go out with friends.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Do it but avoid all the sugary bullshit.

Stick to pizzas / good burgers other tasty shit... Don't mix any sugar with any of it.

That's been what I try to do. My last weakness on the sugar front is coffee. If I'm out I'll grab a latte at Starbucks or something. Need to just do regular coffee. That syrup will get me.

I drink mostly coffee, water, tea, and almond milk. Only have pop on rare occasions, and do beer sometimes.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
That's been what I try to do. My last weakness on the sugar front is coffee. If I'm out I'll grab a latte at Starbucks or something. Need to just do regular coffee. That syrup will get me.

I drink mostly coffee, water, tea, and almond milk. Only have pop on rare occasions, and do beer sometimes.

I love coffee and coffee mate lol..

TBH if you remove all the condiments from your life your body will look crazy good in some time...

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ChickenTuna/ NSFW tbh LOL.

This girl eats clean. I love her bro, I love her.. Even though shes like 47 lol

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around a proper set in stone "diet" with a calorie deficit to get totally shredded and a proper routine that doesn't make me waste time at the gym + p90x as a supplement.

I love the idea of diversifying your workouts and achieving your goals, I guess it's all about putting a plan down and committing to it.

Ixian

600 calories sounds like the number quoted for an entire P90X workout. No way you're doing that in ARX alone.

LaneDS

Did my first V Sculpt today (after a 20 minute Pure Cardio warm-up) and really liked it. Seemed to perform a lot better with the chin and pull ups than I did on Saturday for Base & Back so that was encouraging. Some interesting band moves in that one that I enjoyed.

OchreHand

Do it but avoid all the sugary bullshit.

Stick to pizzas / good burgers other tasty shit... Don't mix any sugar with any of it.

Everyone might want to read this http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143295933&page=12

Page 1 and on, read and learn

Very interesting read. It's nice to see someone take the time to explain things. Im going to bookmark for future reference. But does anyone else feel like you need a science degree to understand things relating to fitness? It gets especially confusing when people contradict each other.

Ixian

Very interesting read. It's nice to see someone take the time to explain things. Im going to bookmark for future reference. But does anyone else feel like you need a science degree to understand things relating to fitness? It gets especially confusing when people contradict each other.
I sort of felt this way, but you have to accept that it's still a young field and that one solution being right does not automatically make others wrong. There are so many factors at play in fitness which makes it really interesting, but also frustrating if you want One True Answer™.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.

In ab ripper x, my HRM says I burn less than 60 lol!

LaneDS

Blerg, got (I think) legit stood up for a date tonight, which has never happened. Despite doing v sculpt and ARX2 with 20 minutes of Pure Cardio prior to that, I think I'm going to run my three mile loop to try and blow off some steam.

OchreHand

I sort of felt this way, but you have to accept that it's still a young field and that one solution being right does not automatically make others wrong. There are so many factors at play in fitness which makes it really interesting, but also frustrating if you want One True Answer™.

Yeah it's definitely not a one size fits all. I'm definitely learning more than I thought I would! ---- especially about nutrition. I can totally see why P90x is more of a "lifestyle change" than a fad.. it really forces you to re-evaluate your priorities and goals.

Did my last Chest / Tri / Shoulder day before moving onto Recovery then Phase 3. Amazing how time flies on this program.

Also did anyone notice the animosity between Phil and Tony during this work out? It's so palpable.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Blerg, got (I think) legit stood up for a date tonight, which has never happened. Despite doing v sculpt and ARX2 with 20 minutes of Pure Cardio prior to that, I think I'm going to run my three mile loop to try and blow off some steam.
Given your tendency to take out your romantic frustrations via exercise, I think the worst thing for your fitness at this point would be a relationship. ;)

Top Bottom