• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Espresso

Banned
Day 1: completed. Man, I didn't realize just how out of shape I'd let myself become. For the last 15 minutes or so I was only managing 7 pushups/set
on my knees :p
but I made it. Phew! That's a good feeling. I can't let myself stray this time... P90X graduate of the class here I come!

So I checked my fridge and all I've got is skim milk (2% is out, which I prefer), and I have some powdered Nesquick. Is that OK for a post-workout drink?

OchreHand

"WOULD YOU GET LOST"

RJvLg.png

haha, this. i laugh every time i get to this part..

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So I checked my fridge and all I've got is skim milk (2% is out, which I prefer), and I have some powdered Nesquick. Is that OK for a post-workout drink?
Should be fine. Plenty of people go the same route, although I'm not sure if they use syrup, or powdered stuff, or just buy straight chocolate milk in a bottle. It probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Espresso

Banned
Should be fine. Plenty of people go the same route, although I'm not sure if they use syrup, or powdered stuff, or just buy straight chocolate milk in a bottle. It probably doesn't make much of a difference.

I appreciate it! I'll stock up on some proper protein powder and bananas tomorrow when I go to the supermarket.

KingGondo

Banned
That should be fine for now, but you might want to give Horizon 1% chocolate milk a try. Stuff is amazingly delicious and I go through a solid half gallon a week for recovery. Seems to work well for that, too.

LaneDS

Given your tendency to take out your romantic frustrations via exercise, I think the worst thing for your fitness at this point would be a relationship. ;)

Ha! A hilariously (sadly?) potentially true statement that is. Oh well, got a decent 5k run out of tonight's waste of time.

MIMIC

Banned
Week 2. Did Plyo without a break. I'm already back in form! lol

After I was finished, I was sweating so hard that I could literally wring my shirt out. So I did. It was disgusting.

Week 2. Did Plyo without a break. I'm already back in form! lol

After I was finished, I was sweating so hard that I could literally wring my shirt out. So I did. It was disgusting.

Nice! Didn't take long for you to get back into the swing of things. Probably the toughest workout in the whole routine to get back in form with. Must feel good.

FOOTE

Awesome. It's really hard in that environment. Went to a baseball game and was surrounded literally with candies, hot dogs, burgers, and fries.

I was definitely eye-ballin' the concessions and other people drinking the stuff, believe me. I had a lot over the weekend at the Cardinals/Cubs games though... It's pretty close to impossible for me to not drink anything at a baseball game.

I was definitely eye-ballin' the concessions and other people drinking the stuff, believe me. I had a lot over the weekend at the Cardinals/Cubs games though... It's pretty close to impossible for me to not drink anything at a baseball game.

oh yeah. I don't drink alcohol but it was like "ice lemonade! Coke!" or whatever sweet

I don't know about you but I will say the most difficult situation for me was during the Dark Knight marathon. Sitting in a theater for 9 hours and surrounded by everyone eating popcorn or whatever. I ALMOST gave in

MIMIC

Banned
To be honest, I would have been pretty disappointed if I couldn't do the Plyo this time without taking a break because I've always been pretty athletic....just never did any weight-lifting. The jumping around stuff I could do but the squats were what I had to work on last week. So happy I got through it all without taking a break this time ^_^

To be honest, I would have been pretty disappointed if I couldn't do the Plyo this time without taking a break because I've always been pretty athletic....just never did any weight-lifting. The jumping around stuff I could do but the squats were what I had to work on last week. So happy I got through it all without taking a break this time ^_^

Well the bar for you is higher then! Are you going to stick around and show us your pictures in 90 days?

FOOTE

oh yeah. I don't drink alcohol but it was like "ice lemonade! Coke!" or whatever sweet

I don't know about you but I will say the most difficult situation for me was during the Dark Knight marathon. Sitting in a theater for 9 hours and surrounded by everyone eating popcorn or whatever. I ALMOST gave in
My stepaunt's authentic Mexican cooking is the absolute hardest thing to give up. It literally hurts sometimes when I'm over for the holidays. I've already promised to eat a little this year so ill have time to prepare.

Do people here post progress or no?

It would be cool if Gaf has sort of a community/motivation thing going...

edit: nvm, obviously

Yes we do. Not enough people though, I will say. Generally some of reserve it for the 90th day, but some do post regular progress. This thread is the thread for P90X community and motivation. We give each other tips (on almost everything P90X related) and advice.

And you come in at a good time. Most of us regulars now are all graduates. We will have much to share. Please ask away

My stepaunt's authentic Mexican cooking is the absolute hardest thing to give up. It literally hurts sometimes when I'm over for the holidays. I've already promised to eat a little this year so ill have time to prepare.

ohhhh. What's in an authentic Mexican food? Lots of carbs and cheese?

Whats the ideal time of day to do this?

Anything but morning. It never works out in the long run.

Depends on your schedule and your body. I know, obvious answer. But ideally you want anywhere between an hour to two hours after having something in stomach. Some of us can do it in one, some have to wait longer

I usually do it around 8 or 9pm, but if I feel up to it I try to do it earlier

KlotePino

Gah, Feel like shit today since I forgot to do my first Yoga X of the recovery week yesterday. I really don't want to move up my schedule since I loved starting on monday and finishing saturday, just makes the most sense to me. Maybe I'll do a little bit of Yoga X before doing my first core synergistics today to feel a little better about myself.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Day 44, Plyometrics -- absolutely CRUSHED this today. I think I got a bad set of batteries though, my HRM won't pair using either of the first two I've tried, so no calorie report. Like MIMIC I was completely drenched, as usual. But for me, Yoga X does that, too. To paraphrase Shaun T, if you don't end up in a pool of your own sweat, you're doing it wrong :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So how many calories are people burning on ab ripper x? I've been reading reports u can burn upto 600 calories and I'm thinking no way this is possible?
Also any recommendations for good and relatively cheap heart rate monitors/calorie counters? thanks
Ab ripper burning that many calories is (almost) literally impossible. 20 minutes of strict HIIT might get there. I'd say 125-200 for ARX and my Motoactv gives me 109 (no HRM).

Chest and Back in the AM... didn't break any of my records :(
Whats the ideal time of day to do this?

Anything but morning. It never works out in the long run.

Wait for it...

Anytime. Just bring it, every day. Best to get into a routine and do it around the same time every day, but seriously, just commit to it and get them in wheneeever you can.

Welcome by the way :)

Gah, Feel like shit today since I forgot to do my first Yoga X of the recovery week yesterday. I really don't want to move up my schedule since I loved starting on monday and finishing saturday, just makes the most sense to me. Maybe I'll do a little bit of Yoga X before doing my first core synergistics today to feel a little better about myself.

Don't worry too much about missing a workout. Just don't make a habit of it. Move forward. Be in this for the long haul.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Yesterday Chest and Back almost killed me (literally). I pulled a muscle in my back, so in order to relieve some of the pain, I proceeded to do corpse pose on a stability ball, but the ball slipped and I fell on the ground, hitting my right elbow and the right side of my lower back pretty bad.

lol, well, I hope this doesn't get in the way of today's plyocide.

Yesterday Chest and Back almost killed me (literally). I pulled a muscle in my back, so in order to relieve some of the pain, I proceeded to do corpse pose on a stability ball, but the ball slipped and I fell on the ground, hitting my right elbow and the right side of my lower back pretty bad.

Damn, the fitness gods were angry. Take it easy with Plyocide. You don't want to make it worse.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Holy crap careful buddy!

Plyometrics when I get home... may require a nap first though...

LaneDS

Tuesday is apparently a popular plyo day (I imagine many folks start day 1 on a Monday).

As a result, I hate Tuesdays. Plyocide when I get out of work, and I am not looking forward to it. Rest day tomorrow? Looking forward to it.

All this talk about Plyo makes me glad I'm starting off with Leans first.

I went off the deep end this last weekend and skipped Kenpo X. I was worried about missing a workout, and I'm hoping that this doesn't become a habit. Gotta look ahead instead of lingering around in the mistakes of the past. Core Synergistics was alright yesterday, so that helps.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Today is my "easy" Insanity phase 2 workout + crazy abs. Workout is not easy, but it's easier in relation to the other 3.

Last week of Insanity.

KingGondo

Banned
All this talk about Plyo makes me glad I'm starting off with Leans first.

I went off the deep end this last weekend and skipped Kenpo X. I was worried about missing a workout, and I'm hoping that this doesn't become a habit. Gotta look ahead instead of lingering around in the mistakes of the past. Core Synergistics was alright yesterday, so that helps.
I recommend pushing yourself to try Plyo once Kenpo isn't burning much anymore. It's hard, but in a weird way I find it to be much more fun than Kenpo.

Don't get your head down about missing a workout, just resolve not to miss any more! Planning your workouts ahead of time really helps.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Here's a question. I finish Insanity this week, and plan on taking the next month "off" from programs as I travel all next week, then a week at the end of the month.

What individual videos should I do in P90X, X2, or Insanity during the week to keep me from gaining weight/losing shape, but also allow me to rest a bit until I start my next program?

Should I do 1 video from each on Monday/Wednesday/Fridays respectively? Maybe Plyocide Monday, something from Insanity phase 2 Wednesday+ Insane abs, then kenpo or something Friday?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I think you should do at least 2 Endurance X per week. Ha!

Now, I'd recommend sticking to Plyocide (for dat calorie burner), X2 Yoga, Core Synergistics and Ab Ripper X. A Legs and Back here and there wouldn't hurt either.

Top Bottom