• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

LaneDS

Question! Px90x2 additional workouts, worth it?

I've done the two bonus workouts once a piece, and they're definitely good but I don't like how they're sold separately because I can't see what makes them stand out from the other resistance workouts.

mehdi_san

I liked them better than the originals

I've done the two bonus workouts once a piece, and they're definitely good but I don't like how they're sold separately because I can't see what makes them stand out from the other resistance workouts.
Yeah sucks that they're sold separately, as if the basic p90x2 package wasn't expensive already.
But you guys say they're good, so I think I'll pick them up whenever I do a new round of X2!

I3rand0

Question! Px90x2 additional workouts, worth it?

They're not bad, but watch out on the Overhead Tricep Extension in the Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps video. I hurt my right shoulder back in the beginning of June using too much weight and am just now getting healed enough to begin training again.

Here's my well deserved lunch after Yoga and Endurance X. Very tasty.

A piece of boneless/skinless Cape Capensis served over a bed of quinoa with a vegetable melange.

8MeIIl.jpg

5yEGSl.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Made a mockery of my rest day today. Did a cardio workout this morning and then have been walking all over the place all day; I've barely sat down since 8am. Luckily I just have yoga tomorrow. Hopefully I don't pass out during my cheat meal tonight. :x

FOOTE

Rest day here too.

So for my rest day I woke up and went directly to the Rams fan fest this morning and into the afternoon. Figured that I needed to go since I have season tickets. Afterward, I walked around down town, went up the arch(don't worry, there's an elevator) for the first time in years, and now I'm at the Cardinals game.

dat rest

Don't know which workout of Insanity I have tomorrow but it's going to be rough. :lol

Made a mockery of my rest day today. Did a cardio workout this morning and then have been walking all over the place all day; I've barely sat down since 8am. Luckily I just have yoga tomorrow. Hopefully I don't pass out during my cheat meal tonight. :x

I am the opposite. Made a mockery of my workout day. Slept until almost 2pm. Haven't done anything except eating and pooping

LaneDS

I am the opposite. Made a mockery of my workout day. Slept until almost 2pm. Haven't done anything except eating and pooping

I worked out strong this morning, and then went out to lunch to celebrate a friend getting a nice job (so of course I was a nice friend and ate like, most of her pasta).

What should I do for round 2 GAF? Don't say Endurance X because frankly, I need those videos! Anything from P90X, P90X2, and Insanity are game (though I'd prefer X). Help me decide please!

I worked out strong this morning, and then went out to lunch to celebrate a friend getting a nice job (so of course I was a nice friend and ate like, most of her pasta).

What should I do for round 2 GAF? Don't say Endurance X because frankly, I need those videos! Anything from P90X, P90X2, and Insanity are game (though I'd prefer X). Help me decide please!

I'll throw in a vote for Max Cardio Conditioning. It's Pure Cardio on crack.

FOOTE

Gah, ok. Voting staying open for another twenty minutes since I just drank Pharm Assault.

Was thinking Core Syn, but letting GAF decide bonus workouts somehow seems better.

Your ate her pasta? I agree with Harry. Get to it, Lane. muhahahahaha

Bolded: haha

Are you just doing a hybrid of everything on your own? Because if you are, someday you might just want to jump and give PAP lower shot. That shit is no joke

LaneDS

...I did Core Syn, sorry GAF!

Since I betrayed all y'all, I'll be trying Max Cardio Conditioning tomorrow (didn't want my neighbors to call the cops on me tonight, or uh any other night).

Edit: Bugged my roommate to take more shots, so I updated my album: http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa230/LaneDS/P90X/

Not sure I'm seeing many changes from day 110 to day 138, but I know I'm losing a fair bit of fat from my legs which of course aren't pictured. Feedback always appreciated!

LaneDS

Tomorrow is my first Core Syn...don't know what to expect difficulty wise, but excited to do a new routine.

Very nice work so far man, lots of progress since you started!

Thanks sir. Regarding Core Syn, tonight was my first time doing it in something like two months and it's still a challenge. You'll hit a section towards the middle that is about as hard as anything in either X or X2 if you bring it... good luck!

Lane, you are doing well. I see more and more muscles. Diet is the hard part and you just got to keep it consistent. Keep at it and find some happiness and serenity within all the workouts, it will help in the long run. Like Tony says, you want to be more can-do than look-a-like, and towards the end the looks will come as a result of your disciplined (but satisfying) lifestyle

Thanks sir. Regarding Core Syn, tonight was my first time doing it in something like two months and it's still a challenge. You'll hit a section towards the middle that is about as hard as anything in either X or X2 if you bring it... good luck!

Thanks mang, I shall be prepared.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah, the second round — starting with Prison Cell Push-Ups and ending with Towel Hoppers — is non-stop brutality. Plus, I almost always think that Lunge-Kickback-Curl-Press is the last move, and then bam... Towel Hoppers (which wouldn't be nearly as bad if they didn't follow L-K-C-P, which is long and intense as fuck).

LaneDS

Lane, you are doing well. I see more and more muscles. Diet is the hard part and you just got to keep it consistent. Keep at it and find some happiness and serenity within all the workouts, it will help in the long run. Like Tony says, you want to be more can-do than look-a-like, and towards the end the looks will come as a result of your disciplined (but satisfying) lifestyle

Well said! While I definitely have a lot of wanting to "look like" I can feel improvements in a lot of what I "can do" which is satisfying in its own way.

I know diet is my big failing, and I try to work on it bit by bit.

Well said! While I definitely have a lot of wanting to "look like" I can feel improvements in a lot of what I "can do" which is satisfying in its own way.

I know diet is my big failing, and I try to work on it bit by bit.

And you know I am very much the same way. I want to look a certain way (which is still not happening) and the diet is getting more boring nowadays. I wish you the best man. I know life hasn't been easy for you and you have openly shared a lot of anger inside you going into a workout. Sometimes I wonder what keep us coming back day after day (and at least you are going out on dates, I have gone on none), and sometimes it reads as though you are too concerned with bringing it hard or (over-)compensating your food intake the day before.

To put it differently, sometimes I wonder if you are really happy with the workouts or if you are still looking for something magical within them. Anger isn't a bad thing - I just hear more about it from you than other things

And don't take me wrong, again, I am very much the same way. I hope you don't take offense to what I have written.

LaneDS

And you know I am very much the same way. I want to look a certain way (which is still not happening) and the diet is getting more boring nowadays. I wish you the best man. I know life hasn't been easy for you and you have openly shared a lot of anger inside you going into a workout. Sometimes I wonder what keep us coming back day after day (and at least you are going out on dates, I have gone on none), and sometimes it reads as though you are too concerned with bringing it hard or (over-)compensating your food intake the day before.

To put it differently, sometimes I wonder if you are really happy with the workouts or if you are still looking for something magical within them. Anger isn't a bad thing - I just hear more about it from you than other things

And don't take me wrong, again, I am very much the same way. I hope you don't take offense to what I have written.

No offense taken whatsoever; just about all feedback in here is good feedback as far as I'm concerned.

I'm definitely happy with the workouts, but I guess I'm a bit impatient as far as results are concerned. Progress is progress, and I promise the vast majority of my workouts are not fueled by anger; in fact, most of the working out is done as a foil to the negative stuff going on. A friend of a friend is essentially dying, and that put a lot of my problems into perspective; there is always someone with something going on worse than someone else, and I'm thankful for what I've got.

I think we'll all get where we're going, some will just get there faster than others.

Did Kenpo for the first time today. Was surprised how much it took out of me was breathing very hard towards the end. First week done!

FOOTE

Guys. I ordered P90X2. I couldn't hold off any longer, and I found a decent deal on amazon. Im excited and nervous. Mostly excited. Bought the base pack, already have the extra equipment.

FOOTE

So going by the OP, there are potentially two rest days in a normal P90X2 week? I might have to evaluate when to start it if that's true. Sundays are normally the beginning of my weeks.

So going by the OP, there are potentially two rest days in a normal P90X2 week? I might have to evaluate when to start it if that's true. Sundays are normally the beginning of my weeks.

There are, but you can just make it one day and use the other as a lighter workout day (like Kenpo, Yoga, or the equal to Insanity)

I did two because I got tired a lot :(

Ya, since there is no cardio day. I did Pure Cardio and used the off day as a true off day.

KingGondo

Banned
Did Kenpo for the first time today. Was surprised how much it took out of me was breathing very hard towards the end. First week done!
Congrats!

Make sure to wear an HR monitor so you an transition to a tougher workout once you get better at Kenpo.

I stopped feeling the burn around a month in and worked in a modified Plyo/Cardio X routine.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Kenpo is all about the intensity you bring to it. How hard are you punching? Are you involving your torso? Your hips? Are you keeping your hands "heavy"? How high are you kicking? With how much force? How's your form? On the three way kicks, are you touching the floor with your toe in between? In the "breaks" how high are your knees? How fast are you doing jumping jacks? Is your horse stance low enough?

When Tony and the kids start out a move slowly, do you start out at a faster pace and maintain it, or even go faster? If your heart's not pumping after elbow series and vertical punches then you're definitely not putting the effort into it you could be.

If you find Kenpo easy, you are probably dogging it. And if you STILL find it easy, add wrist and ankle weights. Maybe even get a heavy bag or a practice dummy and HIT something.

Personally, I really enjoy it.

Kenpo is all about the intensity you bring to it. How hard are you punching? Are you involving your torso? Your hips? Are you keeping your hands "heavy"? How high are you kicking? With how much force? How's your form? On the three way kicks, are you touching the floor with your toe in between? In the "breaks" how high are your knees? How fast are you doing jumping jacks? Is your horse stance low enough?

When Tony and the kids start out a move slowly, do you start out at a faster pace and maintain it, or even go faster? If your heart's not pumping after elbow series and vertical punches then you're definitely not putting the effort into it you could be.

If you find Kenpo easy, you are probably dogging it. And if you STILL find it easy, add wrist and ankle weights. Maybe even get a heavy bag or a practice dummy and HIT something.

I agree. I find it's the perfect exercise leading into a rest day, and it's a nice cardio exercise too - not as much "burn", but keeps your body optimized

tha_devil

Few days in, sculpting p90 goes fine. Cardio, first was hard (i overdid it a little bit), second time around i started little bit lower intensity. Only having problem with downward dog position, cant seen to keep my foot flat on the floor.

Anyways, im 1.88 meter tall, i was about 95 kilo a few months ago, im now at around 79 kilo. Should i lose more weight to get my fat percentage as low as possible before going all out on musscle building?

LaneDS

I was all ready to do Kenpo tonight because of your post (I'm in the "I like it and think it's good if you make it good camp") but then realized I have to keep my word and do (more like try) Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning tonight.

FOOTE- good on the purchase! Curious to hear how you like the workouts. My impressions of you visually, from what I can remember, is that you're just a pile of abs, and X2 is very core focused, so you're going to be like, a mega pile of abs after. The two rest days are on days three and seven for the first two phases, and then days four and seven for the last phase I believe; sometimes they're very welcome and sometimes you'll just feel like you're full of energy and need to do something on that day (I can't remember the last day I was home and completely rested, which is probably bad).

Anyway, good luck dude!

LanceVance- how you feeling one week in? Excited? Tired? Either way, nice going!

LaneDS

Successfully completed Insanity Max Cardio and Conditioning tonight. This was the first Insanity workout that I actually felt like I completed without entirely or mostly bailing near the end (though I was definitely struggling more through the last few moves more than the others, where I only struggled lots). Feeling pretty good about it, and can really perform at the plank run move that is found in both this and P90X Core Syn.

Few days in, sculpting p90 goes fine. Cardio, first was hard (i overdid it a little bit), second time around i started little bit lower intensity. Only having problem with downward dog position, cant seen to keep my foot flat on the floor.

Anyways, im 1.88 meter tall, i was about 95 kilo a few months ago, im now at around 79 kilo. Should i lose more weight to get my fat percentage as low as possible before going all out on musscle building?

Educated guess. It looks your weight is fine. Your body fat percentage will take care of itself as long as you eat clean.

When you say "muscle building" - do you mean mass? in any case, it's important to build muscles - because you can have low fat percentage and have nothing to show for (skinny). Might be helpful if you ask around in the fitness thread too

I've decided to completely throw the cardio portions of P90 out of my routine, and instead go on my 5 mile mountain trail runs every other day instead. Still gonna do the ab ripper stuff and some yoga, but that cardio workout is weak as all hell.

Gonna step up my sculpting as well, and maybe do a little cardio on those days too.

I've decided to completely throw the cardio portions of P90 out of my routine, and instead go on my 5 mile mountain trail runs every other day instead. Still gonna do the ab ripper stuff and some yoga, but that cardio workout is weak as all hell.

Gonna step up my sculpting as well, and maybe do a little cardio on those days too.

FYI food for thought: I don't think cardio is needed on resistance days. Resistance exercise by itself is more than enough. If it gets too easy, do higher weights - still too easy? do level 3-4? Still too easy? Time for P90X

LaneDS

Reinforcing your stated intent of doing yoga... it's such a different form of cardio than trail running and provides your body with all sort of benefits the other workouts cannot.

I'd also recommend you look at Insanity at some point... very cardio focused and very difficult. That said, five mile trail runs sound amazing and if you're happy with the results that might be the best bet anyway.

Top Bottom