• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The bands scare the shit out of me after some stories from this thread (and a YouTube video I saw a few weeks back of some dude in the hospital with a messed up face from a P90X band-snap)... I'd rock safety goggles just in case.

I've got the ones from the OP (your OP!) sold on Amazon and have not ended up in the hopsital, so I guess that's some sort of awful recommendation for them. Have you checked Craigslist for second hand dumbbells?

I have dumbbells and did X2 with them. It's just that they are the old style that you have to unscrew the cap and change the weights out and that's a huge pain in the ass to do 5 or 6 times throughout a workout.

I did X1 with bands and actually liked it. So it's not really that I don't have dumbbells, it's that I have slow dumbbells and like to switch it up with bands.

The one's in the OP might work for me. I did see some at Target that were triple braided though, so essentially 3 bands braided together. That would make me feel better.

Is Adam the one from Base & Back who is also an engineer and gives Tony shit? Because I want both him and Bobby in the same video, but with Shauna who is boring but hot. Every exercise video needs at least one hot woman (god bless you Insanity)

Adam is the dancer who's in Core Syn and Ab Ripper.

I despise that engineer guy from Base & Back. So negative. He's worse than Phil. I totally agree about the Insanity babes.

I have dumbbells and did X2 with them. It's just that they are the old style that you have to unscrew the cap and change the weights out and that's a huge pain in the ass to do 5 or 6 times throughout a workout.

I did X1 with bands and actually liked it. So it's not really that I don't have dumbbells, it's that I have slow dumbbells and like to switch it up with bands.

The one's in the OP might work for me. I did see some at Target that were triple braided though, so essentially 3 bands braided together. That would make me feel better.

Hey DC don't know your price range but do look into Pro Source heavy duty premium latex band (sounds like condom). I have been using it as pull up assistance and I really like it

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

GCNemesis

Any of you guys have suggestions for a set of resistance bands that are durable enough that I don't have to be scared that they will snap back and blind me while they are hooked into a door?

I plan to do my hybrid X/X2 routine with bands, and would like to at least feel half-okay when sitting on the ground facing a stretched band in a door...

:p

I have used these ProSource 3 XTREME Stackable Bands successfully throughout X2 and saw no tearing or felt them weakening. Plus, being able to stack them provided quite a bit of resistance (from 25 pounds to 90 or so pounds). I must admit that mine snapped, not because of durability mind you, but because they were not properly secured in the door hinge. Thankfully, it cracked me in the knuckles and not my face. I second the use of face goggles and to double-check that you have your door hinge loop secured tightly and properly in the door :p

I have such a love hate relationship with yoga. On the one hand it's an absolute bitch, on the other I finish feeling so relaxed. Going to put some chill out music on and get in the bath. Life is good.

LaneDS

Which X2 workout has Tony's long-time friend/megadoucher that is in a band and sings/acts obnoxious during the workout? That is far and away my least favorite video simply because of that guy. Is it Shoulders & Arms? Because I have that tonight, and if so, eff.

I've switched ab ripper days to my resistance days. I don't get much of a workout from the resistance days, so the ab ripper definitely helps with that.

I get plenty of a workout from the cardio days, so I'm feeling much better about the balance of my workouts this week.

Which X2 workout has Tony's long-time friend/megadoucher that is in a band and sings/acts obnoxious during the workout? That is far and away my least favorite video simply because of that guy. Is it Shoulders & Arms? Because I have that tonight, and if so, eff.

Shoulders and Arms. I have it tonight also. We shall suffer together.

LaneDS

Shoulders and Arms. I have it tonight also. We shall suffer together.

I will sing douchey tunes in your honor sir.

Not working out until probably around 8:30 or 9 EST, so if you work out beforehand and want to throw out some challenge numbers I'll see what I can do. Dreading/looking forward to more Crazy 8's.

I will sing douchey tunes in your honor sir.

Not working out until probably around 8:30 or 9 EST, so if you work out beforehand and want to throw out some challenge numbers I'll see what I can do. Dreading/looking forward to more Crazy 8's.

K, I'll be going around 4 PST. I'll see if I can find a good challenge.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

I actually like the dude. The annoying douche is the guy from Base & Back.

Haha I just did X2 Shoulders and Arms for the first time. I quite enjoyed Tony and Jason's back and forth. OK, Jason saying he'd rub Tony's spit on his face was a bit much...

Question about ARX2: in the bicycles at the end, Tony says to sit up tall. However that seems to make it easier for me. I find it harder when I lean back to 45 degrees lower. What about you?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Oh yeah, so since today was Day 60 of P90X, I kept with the precedent I set during P90 and ordered my next workout program -- Asylum. I might start doing the jumprope moves in P90X Kenpo & other workouts with an actual jumprope :)

Haha I just did X2 Shoulders and Arms for the first time. I quite enjoyed Tony and Jason's back and forth. OK, Jason saying he'd rub Tony's spit on his face was a bit much...

Question about ARX2: in the bicycles at the end, Tony says to sit up tall. However that seems to make it easier for me. I find it harder when I lean back to 45 degrees lower. What about you?

I'm more at a 45 degree angle. I think Tony just forgot because I beleive the rest of the gang are leaning back.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If you could pick your dream team group of "the kids", who would be in it?

For me:

Adam
Pam
Bobby Stephenson
Tony
Tony
Bobby
Daniel
Maren

Had Core Syn today. Who's the masochist that put Plank/Chaturanga Run and Walking Push-Ups back-to-back? Ugh.

mehdi_san

I like Jason too. He's silly but he's still working hard. I don't know why, but I always laugh when Tony asks him how many reps he's at, and he says: I forgot, now I need to start again. Also: "Jason, when is your next stage?" "Right here, right now" haha!

LaneDS

How am I the only one that like completely dislikes Jason? Y'alls crazy (clearly I'm the sane one, being all by myself).

Doing Shoulders & Back shortly and hoping to demolish my numbers. Also hoping HP drops some targets for me to hit before I start *coughs*.

Alright Lane, there weren't any max rep moves so I couldn't really come up with a great challenge. I did do the ego set with Tony on Crazy 8's tho, using 25 lbs like him. Go for that.

I feel like Tony said it best at the end of that one...

ZnY1d.png

LaneDS

Bad news! Challenge failed.

Good news! I beat every one (ok, all but one) of my numbers from the last time I did X2 Shoulders & Arms three weeks ago by what I consider a very large gap.

Good/bad news! I didn't find Jason nearly as douchey today; you guys must have influenced me somehow. A similar thing happened with Ted from X2 yoga after I mentioned here how much I didn't like him a few months back.

...time for ARX2.

Bad news! Challenge failed.

Good news! I beat every one (ok, all but one) of my numbers from the last time I did X2 Shoulders & Arms three weeks ago by what I consider a very large gap.

Good/bad news! I didn't find Jason nearly as douchey today; you guys must have influenced me somehow. A similar thing happened with Ted from X2 yoga after I mentioned here how much I didn't like him a few months back.

...time for ARX2.

Sounds like a victory to me.

LaneDS

Sounds like a victory to me.

A different kind of victory, for sure. For the Crazy 8's I started with 25, did 8 on each side, the dropped to 20s and did 8 more per side... I consistently did that all three rounds, so while I didn't meet your challenge I at least did half of it and it was far and away the hardest part of the workout (which was far and away the hardest workout in a while). Excited to be all sorts of sore tomorrow.

FOOTE

My Beachbody DreamCast-

Tony
Bobby
Eric(Boat Owner)
Anna (from Insanity)

yup

Starting X2 tomorrow morning. I have to start doing my workouts in the morning again after switching earlier this year. Work is becoming too demanding, so rooster call workouts are the only solution. Possible 9, 10 or 11PM night owl workouts are not an option.

Ready to BRING THE MOTHERF'N "IT" tomorrow morning!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My Beachbody DreamCast-

Tony
Bobby
Eric(Boat Owner)
Anna (from Insanity)

yup
Eric almost made it onto my list. The guy's pure crystal from head to toe.

My Beachbody DreamCast-

Tony
Bobby
Eric(Boat Owner)
Anna (from Insanity)

yup

Starting X2 tomorrow morning. I have to start doing my workouts in the morning again after switching earlier this year. Work is becoming too demanding, so rooster call workouts are the only solution. Possible 9, 10 or 11PM night owl workouts are not an option.

Ready to BRING THE MOTHERF'N "IT" tomorrow morning!

Nice! How are you breaking out the phases?

Aren't there two Annas in insanity? (I say this from memory of discussion, never having seen it :p)

Two Ariel's. Both hot.

Day 30!

Well, Phase 1 comes to a close today and it feels like a milestone. My diet comes more naturally now, and my body has adjusted to working out everyday. I'm excited for phase 2, because this is where people are supposed to start seeing real results.

Also, thanks for the support guys. It's been motivating seeing some of your results and reading some of your challenges, helps keep me going day in and day out.

But enough sap, here's some pics:

First, Day 0 Pics:

2012-07-13_20-53-53_764.jpg

2012-07-13_20-54-11_212.jpg

Day 30 Pics:

2012-08-10_09-11-11_173.jpg

2012-08-10_09-14-00_563.jpg

13 days into the program I posted some results, and I'm not seeing too much difference since that day. I've lost some fat and gained some definition since then, but it's minimal. Messes with your head sometimes, but I keep killing those 'I won't get results, this is the best I'll do" thoughts and keep trucking on.

Thanks again guys.

(Yep, still hairy..)

I've switched ab ripper days to my resistance days. I don't get much of a workout from the resistance days, so the ab ripper definitely helps with that.

I get plenty of a workout from the cardio days, so I'm feeling much better about the balance of my workouts this week.

Use heavier weights if you can't feel the burn. Keep going, even beyond what they're using.

Doing Yoga X during a crazy summer heatwave yesterday was crazy, with all those buckets of sweat I was pouring during the entire first half. It didn't help that my legs were still really sore from earlier this week, so some of the poses were bordering on actual physical pain. But man, that feeling at the last few minutes of the exercise is better than anything I can get from an AC. It's like all that heat just disappeared. Granted, it's what sweat is supposed to do, but still.

Doing Yoga X during a crazy summer heatwave yesterday was crazy, with all those buckets of sweat I was pouring during the entire first half. It didn't help that my legs were still really sore from earlier this week, so some of the poses were bordering on actual physical pain. But man, that feeling at the last few minutes of the exercise is better than anything I can get from an AC. It's like all that heat just disappeared. Granted, it's what sweat is supposed to do, but still.

Hey you did it though! Keep up the good work. See if you notice some relaxation after Yoga...I always tend to sleep better after a good session of Yoga X2.

Hey you did it though! Keep up the good work. See if you notice some relaxation after Yoga...I always tend to sleep better after a good session of Yoga X2.

Yeah, Yoga X is actually my favorite exercise out of the series despite it being the exercise I do the worst on since it's basically built around calmness of mind. It really encourages you to let yourself go of all the distractions, so by the end of it you really feel refreshed.

So how is progress going in terms of definition? Arms first, back, and then legs or something?

My stomach remains the same, but I've noticed my shoulders getting a LOT bigger and I can certainly lift heavier now. Started a long time ago with crappy 15lb dumbbells and moved on to 30s now.

Have any of you also noticed push-ups are much easier now? Military push-ups are still a thorn in my side as I can't do more then about 20 at a time...

FOOTE

Nice! How are you breaking out the phases?

Two Ariel's. Both hot.
Thinking about 3 5(rest) 4 (rest). My 4th week of phase 3 will take me up to day 90. The second rest week will allow me to prepare for whatever comes after. Its going to be some form of Beachbody workout though. I can't do this without a guide.

Great job, Culebra 64. Great results so far.

Top Bottom