• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

FOOTE

OK that was rough. I might end up changing my phases and add another week to this one to learn the moves. Having completed a good bit of Insanity helped me with the Plyocide Frog Burpee Hops. I was able to get 13 of those, and as crazy it it sounds, I was more comfortable during that move than any other part of the workout.(Well maybe the ski moves and the Power 90 hop were easier, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. eh?)

Looking forward to what the recovery workout is like.

Hope you fell better soon, oatmeal.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Absolutely, and once you get the form done, don't forget to push yourself to the max. The results from doing this workout are incredible.

Foote, glad you liked plyocide as well. Burpee frog is the most challenging for me. Loved all the drill moves added in there. Like both you and Steelo said, knowing the form and after doing insanity, you can really push yourself!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
BM, what are you gonna do now? I'd suggest starting a X/X2 mass hybrid. I've been doing that for a month and a half and I've been getting good results.

+ there's a load of variety so it never gets boring or stale.

Can you post that schedule again? My biggest worry is that school is starting soon which means I will have 14 hour day 3 days a week. I feel that if i push myself during school I will just end up sleep deprived and perhaps getting injured. I was planning to do a regular P90X and just take Kenpo and stretch day off.

Any recommendation?

LaneDS

Can you post that schedule again? My biggest worry is that school is starting soon which means I will have 14 hour day 3 days a week. I feel that if i push myself during school I will just end up sleep deprived and perhaps getting injured. I was planning to do a regular P90X and just take Kenpo and stretch day off.

Any recommendation?

I am voting for you trying Steelo's modified schedule, seeing if it works for you, and then modifying accordingly. Also if you can post some of your weight and rep amounts when you're doing it, that might be good so we can say "try this next time!" so you push yourself a little harder. Mostly though, I think you need to take in more protein/calories and I think by the end of the year you're going to impress the thread with your results.

Time for X2 yoga... didn't finish on Friday so I'm using this for my rest day.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
My schedule right now is:

Day 1: Ch Sh Tri
Day 2: Cardio X + X2 Ab Ripper (I do Plyocide instead because I love it so much, but you gotta eat a lot since you are burning extra calories)
Day 3: Legs & Back
Day 4: X2 Ab Ripper
Day 5: Back & Biceps
Day 6: X2 Yoga
Day 7: Rest or Recovery & Mobility

After 3 weeks:

Day 1: Chest & Back
Day 2: Cardio X + X2 Ab Ripper (I do Plyocide instead because I love it so much, but you gotta eat a lot since you are burning extra calories)
Day 3: Shoulder and Arms
Day 4: X2 Ab Ripper
Day 5: Base & Back
Day 6: X2 Yoga
Day 7: Rest or Recovery

I like to alternate between the workouts that are similar, for example on one week I might do Chest and Back and the next one I do Chest Back and Balance.

As I say, you gotta eat a lot more if you want to put extra mass. 1250 daily calories came from a weight gainer that I was using and around another 2000 or so for the regular food. With that I gained around 7-8 pounds. A little bit of fat on the stomach area, but mostly good extra weight.

My challenge is I want to leave the 6th or 7th day off (14 hour days), and I want to include yoga no matter what. I suppose I can try not doing any cardio or plyo?

Eating a lot is tough unless you guys have suggestion on something small I can take with me to snack on throughout the day at work

I can't buy more supplements either I will be broke :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Did Chest/Shoulders/Triceps for the first time in about a month and a half today. Fuck, that workout kills me. Case in point: side-tri-rise. At the end of Shoulders & Arms, I can bust out a bunch of reps on both sides. In C/S/T, it comes only like a third of the way through the workout and I can barely do half the amount. Brutal.

Espresso

Banned
What's that brand of protein powder that's regularly recommended around here (y'know, the supposedly great tasting chocolate or cookies 'n cream variety)? Is it reasonably low on sugar? I'm going to be in need of a new container by week's end.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
What's that brand of protein powder that's regularly recommended around here (y'know, the supposedly great tasting chocolate or cookies 'n cream variety)? Is it reasonably low on sugar? I'm going to be in need of a new container by week's end.

Syntha 6 is good stuff.

tch

Did Chest/Shoulders/Triceps for the first time in about a month and a half today. Fuck, that workout kills me. Case in point: side-tri-rise. At the end of Shoulders & Arms, I can bust out a bunch of reps on both sides. In C/S/T, it comes only like a third of the way through the workout and I can barely do half the amount. Brutal.

Yeah I totally agree. It's pretty rough in C/S/T. I really like the workout though overall it's pretty varied.

MIMIC

Banned
On week 4.

I haven't done P90X in a while and I thought Core Synergistics was more like Plyo (which I love).

Boy was I wrong, lol

tch

What do you guys usually do when you miss a workout? I had Plyo today but was busy all day and now I can't do it because the only place I can would wake my family with all of the jumping at this hour.

Should I squeeze it in tomorrow along with chest and back and ARX? ( would be a hell of a day) Or push the whole schedule back and just do plyo tomorrow? I really want to make it up and would rather not just write it off. Thanks guys

What do you guys usually do when you miss a workout? I had Plyo today but was busy all day and now I can't do it because the only place I can would wake my family with all of the jumping at this hour.

Should I squeeze it in tomorrow along with chest and back and ARX? ( would be a hell of a day) Or push the whole schedule back and just do plyo tomorrow? I really want to make it up and would rather not just write it off. Thanks guys

I have read people do a double - morning the missed workout, then later the scheduled workout

Never done it before though

SteeloDMZ

Banned

There's always one free/rest day a week (even 2 in P90X2) so use that day to make up for the missed workout.

I wouldn't recommend doing 2 extremely intense workouts like Plyo and Ch & Back + Ab Ripper X on the same day.

Steelo and Lane, maybe things will change once school starts, but right now I will pass on the mass schedule. I just don't see myself doing it. I have work + school every Monday/Tues/Wednesday. I just can't see myself having enough rest to do it, not to mention the diet part.

:(

tch

Okay...after being sick for 2 and a half weeks, I should be good to go tomorrow to start Phase 2 Recovery.

BRING IT.

Nice! I can't imagine how much it would suck to get sick in the middle of the program. I'm glad you're well.

There's always one free/rest day a week (even 2 in P90X2) so use that day to make up for the missed workout.

Ah that's perfect. I'll make it up on my rest day. Hadn't even considered that hah. Not sure if one day between Plyos will feel too great but it'll have to work. Thanks!

FOOTE

X2 day three. Going with something HP mentioned last week which is Pure Cardio from Insanity. I don't feel like I need a rest day this quick, so that's the plan for this morning.

burnfout

Ugh had a weekend with the guys near the Nurburgring, was awesome :), but I think I drank over 50 beers and a bottle a wodka.

That probably knocked my progress back a bunch.

So doing a double today to get things started again, just did Ab Ribber X, and Pure Cardio. Tonight I'm doing Chest, Shoulders, Triceps.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Day 64. First CST of Phase 3. Didn't do as many reps on some of the pushup variants as I did the last time I did CST 3 weeks ago, but I did get in 18 full plyo pushups. ARX went well, starting to add in arms up during the first few moves. Was thinking that Yoga would be really tough the day after this workout. My shoulders were shakin' during the upward dog at the end of ARX!

mehdi_san

Did my last Base and Back today, I really love that workout. As Tony says, work on your weaknesses. Makes me sweat more than any other strength workout (obviously because of all that jumping). Will start X2 phase 3 in a few days, but before that I will climb Mt Fuji with a coworker. Leaving by bus tonight, and we start climbing tomorrow evening. The goal is to get to the top before sun rises, so we can enjoy the view from there :)
I've never been a fit person, I've never been one to go on hikes, but P90X and X2 changed me a lot. This will allow me to check how fit have I become, in real life conditions. Wish me luck guys!

FOOTE

Did my last Base and Back today, I really love that workout. As Tony says, work on your weaknesses. Makes me sweat more than any other strength workout (obviously because of all that jumping). Will start X2 phase 3 in a few days, but before that I will climb Mt Fuji with a coworker. Leaving by bus tonight, and we start climbing tomorrow evening. The goal is to get to the top before sun rises, so we can enjoy the view from there :)
I've never been a fit person, I've never been one to go on hikes, but P90X and X2 changed me a lot. This will allow me to check how fit have I become, in real life conditions. Wish me luck guys!

This is awesome. I'm so jealous of your hike up Mt. Fuji.

LaneDS

Awesome, good luck! Hope you do well and post some pictures when you return. I was reading up on Mt. Fuji hikes recently (I think someone had posted a picture of the sun rising from the top and I was curious) and it seems totally awesome, as expected.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm gonna start using Creatine for the first time. I got myself a bottle of it but I was wondering: should I drink it only during resistance days, or it doesn't matter?

My modified recovery week starts today so I'm not sure if I should even start drinking it now.

mehdi_san

This is awesome. I'm so jealous of your hike up Mt. Fuji.

Awesome, good luck! Hope you do well and post some pictures when you return. I was reading up on Mt. Fuji hikes recently (I think someone had posted a picture of the sun rising from the top and I was curious) and it seems totally awesome, as expected.
Thanks y'all! I shall be taking an X-pose picture on the top. Or maybe a crane pose picture if there's space to do it?

deadlast

Good Morning P90/x/x2 Gaf,

I have a question. I am looking for the best P90 combo to help me with my Jiu Jitsu conditioning. I'm currently running and lifting now Mon - Thur in the am with some light/lite plyometerics at night Mon - Wed and doing Jiu Jitsu Thurs night.

I have modified my morning routine to include lifting and running. So I'm looking for something to add to/modify my nightly routine.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Can't speak for P90, but if you can get P90X2, adding X2 Yoga + other workouts like Base and Back would give you great results (flexibility, range of motion and explosive power) for jiu-jitsu. It will also improve your stamina.

cameltoe

You're 3 weeks in?

How are you finding it? Any results in 3 weeks?

Yes 3 weeks in......the program is tough (build legs is crazy)

Seeing results yes, chest is filling in nicely, all around feel tighter, but its tough for me. I lost a lot of weight with P90X so Im finding it difficult to eat enough. I keep coming up a few hundred cals short daily so maybe I could be further along.

My weight is the same from the start (145) but I have lost a half inch from my belly so i've lost fat and gained some muscle...I need to increase calories even more this phase so hopefully I see more improvement.

Yes 3 weeks in......the program is tough (build legs is crazy)

Seeing results yes, chest is filling in nicely, all around feel tighter, but its tough for me. I lost a lot of weight with P90X so Im finding it difficult to eat enough. I keep coming up a few hundred cals short daily so maybe I could be further along.

My weight is the same from the start (145) but I have lost a half inch from my belly so i've lost fat and gained some muscle...I need to increase calories even more this phase so hopefully I see more improvement.

I put on half a stone in my test week of the program. Consumed about 3k calories a day though.

Im not looking forward to the leg workouts. P90X worked em but not with weights. I mainly want some results on my traps and chest from the program. Everything else is a bonus.

deadlast

Can't speak for P90, but if you can get P90X2, adding X2 Yoga + other workouts like Base and Back would give you great results (flexibility, range of motion and explosive power) for jiu-jitsu. It will also improve your stamina.

I can get P90X2... So I should focus on Yoga and Base+Back. Thanks

LaneDS

I can get P90X2... So I should focus on Yoga and Base+Back. Thanks

I'd second his recommendation for X2 over X for your needs... it's more focused on balance, flexibility, and strength than X seems to be, but they're both great programs. I'd recommend doing the X2 Core workout too in addition to the ones you've listed, and maybe the PAP routines based on what I've heard (I start on those next week, which I'm excited for).

Hard to believe I'm four weeks away from finishing my second 90 days... feels like I just started.

So I'm now running 4 miles on my cardio days on my treadmill at 8mph. The cardio workout on P90 became too easy, but I am super grateful that it helped me get so much more energy in the mere 2 and a half weeks I did it!

So I'm finally jumping back in after more than 7 months of not doing anything. Had to study for a big test in June, so between stress and lack of time, I have managed to become the fattest I have ever been.

230 pounds, 5'9". I don't look too fat, but my pants don't fit, and I get major man boobs when I gain some pounds. This has to stop.

I plan to do a full round of P90X and then P90X2. I will be switching cardio workouts with Insanity workouts, and YogaX with YogaX2.

To anybody that has done the diet from the guide? how much of a hassle is it? do you guys stick to the same dishes every day? every other day?

The diet will be the hardest part for me.

Espresso

Banned
So I'm now running 4 miles on my cardio days on my treadmill at 8mph. The cardio workout on P90 became too easy, but I am super grateful that it helped me get so much more energy in the mere 2 and a half weeks I did it!

I'm kinda like you. I skip the P90X routine on cardio days and instead do HIIT on an elliptical.

LaneDS

So I'm finally jumping back in after more than 7 months of not doing anything. Had to study for a big test in June, so between stress and lack of time, I have managed to become the fattest I have ever been.

230 pounds, 5'9". I don't look too fat, but my pants don't fit, and I get major man boobs when I gain some pounds. This has to stop.

I plan to do a full round of P90X and then P90X2. I will be switching cardio workouts with Insanity workouts, and YogaX with YogaX2.

To anybody that has done the diet from the guide? how much of a hassle is it? do you guys stick to the same dishes every day? every other day?

If you pick foods you like well enough, it isn't that hard but I completely understand (and agree) that dieting is harder than doing the workouts. If you want the best results (who doesn't?) you'll have to be strict about your diet, which I am sure you know anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Same here, did my workouts but didn't eat great. Damn 49ers preseason and hanging by the pool!
At least starting this week I'll be doing extra gym workouts 2+ times a week. Should give me a damn fine boost!

Just realized the group going to the gym is Erika, Silvy, Michelle, Nicole, Marcy, Stacey, and Aaron (me). Ho boy. Better be bringing my A-game.

The diet guide has two diffferent approaches- the portions approach and the actual planned meals. You can use a combination of the two. Obviously you'll want to stay in the "fat shredder" phase while trying to lose weight.

I highly suggest using a site to track your food and exercise like www.myfitnesspal.com. It was a big turning point for me when I was trying to lose a lot of weight during my first round of P90X.

Top Bottom