• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

mehdi_san

I hope it's the PAP effect starting to kick in, but my appetite has been unstoppable this week. I think I'm way over the 2000cal a day (been eating lots of beans and oatmeal, carbs yummy), and I haven't weighted myself since I started phase 3 (too scared to do it haha)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Day 82, final Legs & Back complete. Did 128 unassisted pull-ups/chin-ups today. BOO-YAH!

Closed Grip Overhand Pull-Up: 14, 12
Reverse Grip Chin-Up: 19, 19
Switch Grip Pull-Up: 18, 16
Wide Front Pull-Up: 17, 13

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I think you found your wheel house.

I'll be happier with it when I can do 20 of each, slowly, and continuously! I usually do a mini-set of 2 or 3, adjust my grip, then another mini set, etc. until the time runs out. Today is the first day I didn't do any assisted reps using my chin-up max after my normal reps.

I'll be happier with it when I can do 20 of each, slowly, and continuously! I usually do a mini-set of 2 or 3, adjust my grip, then another mini set, etc. until the time runs out. Today is the first day I didn't do any assisted reps using my chin-up max after my normal reps.

That's still really good dude. Keep at it.

dab0ne

You have inspired me for my next round of P90X. These are my goals. Those are some tough numbers especially if you factor in how tired you are from doing legs. I mean you went form wall squats to 17 wide front pull-ups? THAT'S THE X IN P90X :)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
You have inspired me for my next round of P90X. These are my goals. Those are some tough numbers especially if you factor in how tired you are from doing legs. I mean you went form wall squats to 17 wide front pull-ups? THAT'S THE X IN P90X :)

Actually the hardest is going from calf raises to close-grip pull-ups. I use 35lb dumbbells for the calf raises -- holding them for 75 reps is TOUGH. I have to set them down between the 2nd and 3rd set of 25, and my forearms are really aching after that. Last Friday I only managed 3 close-grip pull-ups after calf raises.

One other note, I do use FatGripz on my chin-up bar. Makes holding on harder, which is part of the reason I usually do sets of 2 or 3 and then reset my grip.

dab0ne

Actually the hardest is going from calf raises to close-grip pull-ups. I use 35lb dumbbells for the calf raises -- holding them for 75 reps is TOUGH. I have to set them down between the 2nd and 3rd set of 25, and my forearms are really aching after that. Last Friday I only managed 3 close-grip pull-ups after calf raises.

One other note, I do use FatGripz on my chin-up bar. Makes holding on harder, which is part of the reason I usually do sets of 2 or 3 and then reset my grip.

Ha, I do the same thing during the calf raises.

except I don't use fat grips

LaneDS

Yep, monster numbers Steve! Pretty crazy how some people can excel at those but have more trouble with push-ups (or the other way around).

Time for PAP Lower, round 2.

stormer

Day 82, final Legs & Back complete. Did 128 unassisted pull-ups/chin-ups today. BOO-YAH!

wow thats amazing! how many pull-ups were you able to do when you first started?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
wow thats amazing! how many pull-ups were you able to do when you first started?

Thanks! First Legs & Back was on July 11:

Closed Grip Overhand Pull-Up: 2 (+6 assisted), 1 (+7 assisted)
Reverse Grip Chin-Up: 6 (+5 assisted), 2 (+7 assisted)
Switch Grip Pull-Up: 4 (+4 assisted), 2 (+4 assisted)
Wide Front Pull-Up: 2 (+8 assisted), 1 (+5 assisted)

Steve, how tall and how much do you weigh?

5'11", right around 160lbs.

I credit the chin-up max for my progress. Most of the time I'd do as many unassisted as I could, then jump up & do negatives, and then use the chin-up max band. Just kept going as long as I could in the time allowed.

Yep, monster numbers Steve! Pretty crazy how some people can excel at those but have more trouble with push-ups (or the other way around).

Absolutely, some of my push-up numbers aren't that great. Some of them I feel like I should be able to do a lot more.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Did Legs & Back, Kenpo X and a three-mile run in the last 19 hours or so. Ass pain... I have it. But man, that glute stretch I just did was orgasmic.

LaneDS

I actually do okay with the chair move, using 15 lbs. The two that kill me are the squat reach (15 lbs there too) & hip raise ones (I couldn't do it for more than a few seconds on either side today).

Good stuff, as terrible as it can be.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Just watched a compilation of trailers from all of the P90X2 workouts. Wow. Looks like Asylum is going to help prepare me, just as Insanity helped prepare me for P90X.

Ordering time is soon. Not going to bother with the blu-rays. Guess I'll need to get an extra pair of medicine balls as well. Looks like you need bands for some of the moves as well -- good thing I have a set from P90.

You know, I was just wondering the same thing. I think I'd just to do one ab ripper today and do the other one after yoga.

What would you recommend me to do? I don't have an exact schedule but I was doing the reverse P90X classics:

L/B - yoga - S/A - plyo - C/B

Since I completely missed legs and back yesterday, should I just forget it and jeep going? I was sick and in fact if I feel worse again I will take today off too

What would you recommend me to do? I don't have an exact schedule but I was doing the reverse P90X classics:

L/B - yoga - S/A - plyo - C/B

Since I completely missed legs and back yesterday, should I just forget it and jeep going? I was sick and in fact if I feel worse again I will take today off too

So you would be doing yoga and L/B today? If so, I'd say start yoga and see how your feeling. Then decide whether to do L/B or not. If you don't do it, don't worry about it. Just skip it for the week.

Cedric

Hey everyone, I'm on my second week of P90x (I was actually at the end of the fourth week but decided to do it all over again) and I just received 30 pound dumbbells as a present. I used to only have 25s, which wasn't enough for most exercices so I should be getting more results now. My question is, if right now I'm curling 30 lbs (before p90x I had started curling 30s at the gym but ever since I started working at home I could only use what I had) is it possible for me to be curling 35 lbs or even 40 by the end of P90x? Although I have a lot of goals I'd like to reach regarding push-ups, pull-ups etc (I can only do about 30 push-ups max, probably around 10 for pull-ups)..., I was wondering if I worked hard how much should I be able to improve in that category? To those that completed the whole thing, were you able to lift much more than you could initially?

edit: A while back in this thread I stated that I had a lot of difficulty with Yoga and was asking for alternatives. You guys told me to keep going and I'm glad I did because now it's one of my favourite workouts! Just wanted to say thanks for the support in the thread!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edit: A while back in this thread I stated that I had a lot of difficulty with Yoga and was asking for alternatives. You guys told me to keep going and I'm glad I did because now it's one of my favourite workouts! Just wanted to say thanks for the support in the thread!
So awesome :D

LaneDS

Hey everyone, I'm on my second week of P90x (I was actually at the end of the fourth week but decided to do it all over again) and I just received 30 pound dumbbells as a present. I used to only have 25s, which wasn't enough for most exercices so I should be getting more results now. My question is, if right now I'm curling 30 lbs (before p90x I had started curling 30s at the gym but ever since I started working at home I could only use what I had) is it possible for me to be curling 35 lbs or even 40 by the end of P90x? Although I have a lot of goals I'd like to reach regarding push-ups, pull-ups etc (I can only do about 30 push-ups max, probably around 10 for pull-ups)..., I was wondering if I worked hard how much should I be able to improve in that category? To those that completed the whole thing, were you able to lift much more than you could initially?

Was laying in bed, wondering if I should sleep some more or get out of bed, read your post, felt good, got up and started my day.

And yes, you will absolutely hit some of your goals if you push yourself (and it sounds like you're going to push yourself). Good luck sir!

Hey everybody, I have a bit of a dilemma.

I was sick halfway through round 2 of P90X and have had a week where I didn't/wasn't able to do the workouts. So basically I've just completed week 2 of phase 2; should I do an additional week to factor in the week I missed, or just continue and do week 3 and then follow that up with the recovery week?

Hey everybody, I have a bit of a dilemma.

I was sick halfway through round 2 of P90X and have had a week where I didn't/wasn't able to do the workouts. So basically I've just completed week 2 of phase 2; should I do an additional week to factor in the week I missed, or just continue and do week 3 and then follow that up with the recovery week?

Do the additional week.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Okay, I think I'm going to need to (perhaps temporarily) retire from running or something. Did three miles yesterday and felt pretty much fine during and after, but today I am fucking CRIPPLED. My right hip and left knee, fuck, I can barely walk. Going up and down stairs is ten times worse. Not happy about this.

I stretch before and after, I run on a dirt track (I assumed this would be better than sidewalks), I have sneakers that I was fitted for at an enthusiasts store... I don't know. I only do it occasionally (once, maybe twice a week), but I don't think it's worth this pain and the fact that it might interfere with my other workouts. Sucks... I was really enjoying it. Guess I'll just take a break from it and revisit it later on down the line.

Luckily I just have yoga tomorrow!

LaneDS

Okay, I think I'm going to need to (perhaps temporarily) retire from running or something. Did three miles yesterday and felt pretty much fine during and after, but today I am fucking CRIPPLED. My right hip and left knee, fuck, I can barely walk. Going up and down stairs is ten times worse. Not happy about this.

I stretch before and after, I run on a dirt track (I assumed this would be better than sidewalks), I have sneakers that I was fitted for at an enthusiasts store... I don't know. I only do it occasionally (once, maybe twice a week), but I don't think it's worth this pain and the fact that it might interfere with my other workouts. Sucks... I was really enjoying it. Guess I'll just take a break from it and revisit it later on down the line.

Luckily I just have yoga tomorrow!

Man, that is a bummer and I can completely relate. I like (and hate) running but my body seems to always reject it when I try, even infrequently. That said, I've done nothing with my day aside from PAP upper and Guild Wars 2, so I'm going to try a night time jog. Hope you feel better in any case sir.

Edit: Nope, still hate running. Did 1.6 miles and said meh and walked the rest.

Ixian

Week one (two really, but then shit hit the fan so I had to restart) of lifting complete! I have a super duper amount of respect for people who are good at this shit, I always feel like I'm going to die at the end of each set, especially squatting. Off to go feast on some carbs! :D

PS: GW2 guys, quote this post to get my Arenanet account name. Maybe we can play together once guesting is activated.

LaneDS

Week one (two really, but then shit hit the fan so I had to restart) of lifting complete! I have a super duper amount of respect for people who are good at this shit, I always feel like I'm going to die at the end of each set, especially squatting. Off to go feast on some carbs! :D

PS: GW2 guys, quote this post to get my Arenanet account name. Maybe we can play together once guesting is activated.

Added! Using your fancy quote tag to list my tag as well.

Also didn't realized guesting wasn't working yet, but I'm not surprised either.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Added ye as well, and same deal

Guesting isn't enabled yet but server transfers are still instand and free for the moment :p

Nekura, what sort of lifting routine are you going for? Apologies if I missed it.

Ixian

Added! Using your fancy quote tag to list my tag as well.

Also didn't realized guesting wasn't working yet, but I'm not surprised either.
Guesting isn't enabled at the moment until server populations settle down (hence the free transfers). They wanted to let guilds be sure of their servers due to population caps.
Added ye as well, and same deal
Guesting isn't enabled yet but server transfers are still instand and free for the moment :p

Nekura, what sort of lifting routine are you going for? Apologies if I missed it.
I am doing LeanGains, so squats, dead lifts and bench pressing. Still get to do chinups too, but those come at the end of my workout and I am spent by then. :p I am ridiculously jealous of Stevens chinup numbers!

Also, you forgot your closing email tag sir. :) And shouldn't it have some numbers at the end?

Don't know how true it is, but this cracked me up regarding abs (Youtube comments)

but remember a six pack on a skinny dude is like a fat chick with big tits

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't know how true it is, but this cracked me up regarding abs (Youtube comments)

but remember a six pack on a skinny dude is like a fat chick with big tits
Haha, as a former stick, it's true to some extent (it's much, much easier to get them to show).

lz2l0.png

Just ordered it. 4 more weeks of my hybrid and then I'll be starting. I need to go buy a cute little tank top number I guess...

tch

Just ordered it. 4 more weeks of my hybrid and then I'll be starting. I need to go buy a cute little tank top number I guess...

Cool let us know how it goes!

Phase 3 started today. Man I forgot just how brutal Chest and Back is... And first Ab Ripper back after the rest week slayed me as well. Although its possible that its because I really brought it in yoga belly 7 yesterday.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Just ordered the Power90. Should be interesting.

Jarmel, my only bit of advice to you is to go ahead and order the P90 Master Series, which includes phases 5 and 6. I switched to phase 3/4 after 30 days, and doing the same routines for the next 60 days grew pretty monotonous.

You can wait a bit and see how it goes for you, when you switch to phase 3/4 and how you feel doing those. But for me I think I would have enjoyed it more and made better progress if I'd switched to 5/6 at day 60.

Final recovery week of P90X begins now. Off to Yoga X.

Top Bottom