• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Back from Seattle and PAX. Up to 205 or so. Need to start planning a P90X1/2 hybrid. Anyone have a good mix? Or even a mix between P90X/2 and Insanity?

I recently finished a X/X2 hybrid and it was fucking awesome. Here's the first week:

Day 1: Chest + Back + Triceps
Day 2: Plyocide (or PAP Lower) + X2 Ab Ripper X
Day 3: Legs and Back
Day 4: X2 Ab Ripper
Day 5: Back & Biceps
Day 6: X2 Yoga
Day 7: Recovery and Mobility or Rest

Then after 3 weeks you switch to:

Day 1: Chest and Back or Chest + Back + Balance
Day 3: Shoulders and Arms
Day 5: Base & Back

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I recently finished a X/X2 hybrid and it was fucking awesome. Here's the first week:

Day 1: Chest + Back + Triceps
Day 3: Legs and Back
Day 5: Back & Biceps

Then after 3 weeks you switch to:

Day 1: Chest and Back or Chest + Back + Balance
Day 3: Shoulders and Arms
Day 5: Base & Back

Interesting. Did you do any 3rd set? Might try this.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
3rd set, you mean another 7 different days? Yeah, but this week was my modified recovery week:

Day 1: X2 Core
Day 2: Cardio X
Day 3: Core Synergistics
Day 4: Total Body
Day 5: X2 Yoga
Day 6: Balance abd Power

first day of P90X completed.

i couldn't do any dive bomb pushup, i don't think i really understood how to do them.

also i couldn't complete the ab x, when i was half through i could barelly move my legs.
my arms are sore, and i'm feeling every single muscle in my pecs and shoulders.

i love it.

i'm really scared about today's workout

this reminds me of my first round last year. I was so fucking sore from chest & back that I couldn't even roll over in my bed and spent most of the night awake not trying to move.

in a week you probably wont even get sore anymore. it's amazing how fast your body will adapt.

nickcv

this reminds me of my first round last year. I was so fucking sore from chest & back that I couldn't even roll over in my bed and spent most of the night awake not trying to move.

in a week you probably wont even get sore anymore. it's amazing how fast your body will adapt.

i'm not that sore fortunately, but i'm having trouble bending my right arm... and sitting is not that easy after plyo yesterday...

i hope that today i'll be able to actually do arms and shoulders

FOOTE

Base and Back w/ ARX2 after is a beast of a workout. Glad I paced myself on the pull-ups. The plyo moves aren't too difficult by themselves, but when they are mixed in the the different pull-ups it means that my hands are on my hips and knees after every on of them.

nickcv

That's got to be a joke. I actually know people who think like this though. "Functional fitness? What's that? The bigger my biceps the more hotties will want me to bang them. Chicks love the bodybuilder look, right?"

i never ever heard of the term meathead until today... anyhow i think that the main post on the blog was meant to be sarcastic (i hope so at least), but the mod and owner of the website is a jerk and complete homophobe

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone else have a P90X/X2 hybrid? Just trying to nail down what I want to do. How did you set it up? I would assume you need to balance it out like P90X and X2 do.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Team Beachbody has an entire message board dedicated to hybrid programs. Can't really comment on it as I haven't really read many of the posts there.

I'll probably start a hybrid next year after Body Beast, around May or so, and do hybrids until X3 comes out.

Ah thanks.

Anyone have comments on this one? Aside from me using Yoga X2 every time yoga shows up I like it.

EDIT: Hmm, not sure what UBX is and I don't think I have V-sculpt...

Phase 1 (weeks 1 and 3)
Chest Back & Balance + X2 Ab Ripper
Plyocide
X2 Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X
Yoga X
Base & Back + X2 Ab Ripper
Kenpo X
Recovery & Mobility

Phase 1 (weeks 2 and 4)
Chest and Back + Ab Ripper X
Plyometrics
Shoulders and Arms + X2 Ab Ripper
X2 Yoga
Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X
Kenpo X
X Stretch

Recovery (week 5)
Yoga X
Core Synergistics
Cardio X
Balance and Power
X2 Yoga
X2 Core
Recovery & Mobility

Phase 2 (weeks 6 and 8)
UBX* + X2 Ab Ripper
Plyocide
V-Sculpt* + Ab Ripper X
X2 Yoga
Kenpo X
Recovery & Mobility

Phase 2 (weeks 7 and 9)
Chest, Shoulders and Tri + Ab Ripper X
Plyometrics
Back and Biceps + X2 Ab Ripper
Yoga X
Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X
Kenpo X
X Stretch

Recovery (week 10)
Yoga X
Core Synergistics
Cardio X
Balance and Power
X2 Yoga
X2 Core
Recovery & Mobility

Phase 3 (weeks 11, 12, 13)
P.A.P. Upper + Ab Ripper X
P.A.P. Lower
X2 Total Body
X2 Yoga
Kenpo X
X Stretch

Recovery (week 14)
Yoga X
Core Synergistics
Cardio X
Balance and Power
X2 Yoga
X2 Core
Recovery & Mobility

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I finished the awesome Total Body + X2 Ab Ripper workouts and drank a carrots + spinach + strawberries + water smoothie.

I've made one of my main goals during this round of P90X2 to start eating more vegetables than ever before. I've been neglecting them mainly due to lazyness, but now if I don't have time I just thrown them into a blender and drink whatever concoction I created. No more excuses, and you feel great after you do it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Beachbody has a new program coming out: Les Mills Combat
With LES MILLS COMBAT, Beachbody® introduces a powerful new program for extreme body transformation that will soon be available for pre-order. LES MILLS COMBAT is a rapid weight loss and body-sculpting system that combines mixed martial arts–inspired workouts with high intensity interval training to help get you lean and ripped like no other program out there. LES MILLS COMBAT is based on a combination of 6 martial arts—boxing, kickboxing/muay thai, taekwondo, capoeira, karate, and jiu jitsu—whose moves are specially combined for the ultimate total body fat loss and body shaping benefits. The workout you get from this very specific combination training can get you even fitter, leaner, and in better shape than you've ever imagined.

I might actually be interested in something like this, depending on what the majority of the workouts/moves are like. I'd try Insanity, but there is just no way I could get away with it in my current apartment. If this is any less "jumpy" I might give it a look when it comes out.

Hey guys, long time no post. A few things have been going on these past couple of weeks that have kept me from this thread (and GAF in general, though I hopped on from time to time).

However, I've still not missed a single day of p90x! (Miraculously, I might add, all things considered)

Today marks day 60, and as such I had to come and report my progress so far to the place that inspired me to start in the first place! It's getting late and I have to work early, so I just whipped this comparison pic real quick.

Thanks for the support to help get this going, guys!

Day60.jpg

The before pic on the left was July 13th, the middle shot was August 20th, and the far right was just a few moments ago.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Beachbody has a new program coming out: Les Mills Combat

I might actually be interested in something like this, depending on what the majority of the workouts/moves are like. I'd try Insanity, but there is just no way I could get away with it in my current apartment. If this is any less "jumpy" I might give it a look when it comes out.

Now this one sounds really good. I'm very interested to see a preview video showing the stuff they do.

Also, impressive work Culebra. P90X is doing wonders to your body.

nickcv

day 3 wasn't so bad... but i think that whatever may come after plyo would be easy XD
i've still troubles finishing the ab ripper, some exercises are impossible with my balance >.<

my shoulders are on fire but i do not feel burn so much, but my left arm is still a little sore from the first day (i still have trouble bending it).

today yoga, i hope it will fix my sore muscles.

ps: i hope you guys don't mind if i'll post dayly reports, it helps me keep focus.

Hey guys, long time no post. A few things have been going on these past couple of weeks that have kept me from this thread (and GAF in general, though I hopped on from time to time).

However, I've still not missed a single day of p90x! (Miraculously, I might add, all things considered)

Today marks day 60, and as such I had to come and report my progress so far to the place that inspired me to start in the first place! It's getting late and I have to work early, so I just whipped this comparison pic real quick.

Thanks for the support to help get this going, guys!

Day60.jpg

The before pic on the left was July 13th, the middle shot was August 20th, and the far right was just a few moments ago.

amazing dude, really amazing...

what diet are you following along with the program?

LaneDS

Awesome work Culebra! Glad you're continuing to work really hard and clearly you're getting results for that hard work.

As silly a gesture as it is, if folks could cross their fingers for me today, that would be grand. Today is my first (and hopefully last) trip to court, and while I really don't want to get into the specifics it's still a scary thing (I've ate like shit the last few days and skipped yoga, so hopefully some good news will get me back on track).

Time to bring it to the legal system.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That one looks good. I like how it cycles the ab routines. I never did get to do the Insanity upper body workout, either. It's not on the standard schedule.

Only thing is that it lists upper body weight training in the latter weeks. That's not a P90X thing, that's just lifting right? I'd need to add a P90X video in there instead.

EDIT: Oh is upper body weight training an Insanity DVD?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ok, this might be my program. One of the BeachBody coaches sent it to me. I don't have V-sculpt and UBX though, so not sure what to put there...

P90X / P90X2 HYBRID SCHEDULE:

Phase 1 (weeks 1 and 3)

Chest Back & Balance (P90X2) + X2 Ab Ripper (P90X2)
Plyocide (P90X)
X2 Shoulders & Arms (P90X2) + Ab Ripper X (P90X)
Yoga X (P90X)
Base & Back (P90X) + X2 Ab Ripper (P90X2)
Kenpo X (P90X)
Recovery & Mobility (P90X2)

Phase 1 (weeks 2 and 4)
Chest and Back (P90X) + Ab Ripper X (P90X)
Plyometrics (P90X)
Shoulders and Arms (P90X) + X2 Ab Ripper (P90X2)
X2 Yoga (P90X2)
Legs and Back (P90X) + Ab Ripper X (P90X)
Kenpo X (P90X)
X Stretch (P90X)

Recovery (week 5)
Yoga X (P90X)
Core Synergistics (P90X)
Cardio X (P90X)
Balance and Power (P90X2)
X2 Yoga (P90X2)
X2 Core (P90X2)

Phase 2 (weeks 6 and 8 )
UBX* (P90X2) + X2 Ab Ripper (P90X2)
Plyocide (P90X)
V-Sculpt* (P90X2) + Ab Ripper X (P90X)
X2 Yoga (P90X2)
Base & Back (P90X2) + X2 Ab Ripper (P90X2)
Kenpo X (P90X)

Phase 2 (weeks 7 and 9)
Chest, Shoulders and Tri (P90X) + Ab Ripper X (P90X2)
Plyometrics (P90X)
Back and Biceps (P90X) + X2 Ab Ripper (P90X2)
Yoga X (P90X)
Legs and Back (P90X) + Ab Ripper X (P90X)
Kenpo X (P90X)
X Stretch (P90X)

Recovery (week 10)
Yoga X (P90X)
Core Synergistics (P90X)
Cardio X (P90X)
X2 Yoga (P90X2)
X2 Core (P90X2)

Phase 3 (weeks 11, 12, 13)
P.A.P. Upper (P90X2) + Ab Ripper X (P90X)
P.A.P. Lower (P90X2)
X2 Total Body (P90X2)
X2 Yoga (P90X2)
Base & Back (P90X2) + X2 Ab Ripper (P90X2)
Kenpo X (P90X)
X Stretch (P90X)

Recovery (week 14)
Yoga X (P90X)
Core Synergistics (P90X)
Cardio X (P90X)
X2 Yoga (P90X2)
X2 Core (P90X2)

day 3 wasn't so bad... but i think that whatever may come after plyo would be easy XD
i've still troubles finishing the ab ripper, some exercises are impossible with my balance >.<

my shoulders are on fire but i do not feel burn so much, but my left arm is still a little sore from the first day (i still have trouble bending it).

today yoga, i hope it will fix my sore muscles.

ps: i hope you guys don't mind if i'll post dayly reports, it helps me keep focus.

lol, looking forward to your post after you do yoga.

Tom_Cody

I just started P90X last night. I'm looking forward to continuing on. I really loved the workout.

I didn't at all blast through everything but I felt like I was able to effectively scale the exercises all the way through the Chest & Back video. That all changed when I got to the Ab Ripper X portion. When doing that I just felt pure pain in my lower back and hip flexers and I didn't feel at all like I was working my abs at all.

P90X veterans: Do you have any recommendations for scaling the ab workout? Or maybe there is a more remedial ab video I can sub in?

Any suggestions would be great. I felt great coming out of the Chest & Back video but then I felt like I hit an unproductive wall with Ab Ripper X.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
P90X veterans: Do you have any recommendations for scaling the ab workout? Or maybe there is a more remedial ab video I can sub in?

Any suggestions would be great. I felt great coming out of the Chest & Back video but then I felt like I hit an unproductive wall with Ab Ripper X.

Echoing the comment about a mat.

Note that your hip flexors are meant to be exercised as part of this routine, particularly in the first few exercises. If you're not getting enough of an ab workout in In & Outs, Bicycles or Crunchy Frog, you're probably rounding your back. You want your chest up and your back straight, watch "The Kids" for the proper angle.

If that's too much for you, you can do bicycles lying on your back. That's what's done in P90's Ab Ripper 100 and 200.

Otherwise, "do your best & forget the rest". Try to do what you can with good form, and you'll see improvements over time. ARX is a hard one to start out with. This year I've done Power90, Insanity and P90X finishes tomorrow, and even after completing the previous two programs it still took me a while to be able to do all of the moves in ARX.

You might also see if you can find Power90's Ab Ripper 100/200 videos & sub that in to begin with.

I just started P90X last night. I'm looking forward to continuing on. I really loved the workout.

I didn't at all blast through everything but I felt like I was able to effectively scale the exercises all the way through the Chest & Back video. That all changed when I got to the Ab Ripper X portion. When doing that I just felt pure pain in my lower back and hip flexers and I didn't feel at all like I was working my abs at all.

you can modify everything. I don't do the ab workouts but I have added a 4k run on even days and more weight training on odd days.

Real nice work Culebra. You should post your diet (if you haven't already) since I feel most of the results came from that.

Crossing my fingers and mummy kicking for you Lane.

FOOTE

Great work Culebra and good luck Lane.

Its Friday so today is a rest day. Tomorrow, I start week 2 of the second p90x2 phase. I'm ready to give those impossible/possible pushups hell. Going to take my first rest week after this week is over. I feel like my body is going to need it by then.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. And Lane, I don't know your exact situation, but I can relate. A court case was a factor for me the last few weeks too, but it's over now. I'm crossing my fingers for ya, bud.

And Nick, feel free to do daily updates! Everyone here is very supportive and goes through similar challenges at some point.

Ok, since it's been requested, I'll outline my diet now.

Breakfast:
Whole wheat bagel/bread, hard boiled egg.
1 daily multi vitamin, 1 1400 mg Fish oil. (I typically don't eat fish, and Omega 3 acids are absolutely critical to avoid joint pain, especially with Plyometrics)
1 bottle of water

2 hours later..

Snack:
1 Quest Protein bar.
1 Bottle Of Water

2-3 hours later...

Lunch:
Chicken breast/Fruit Cup/Salad etc. Here I usually focus on something that balances protein and carbs well without excess crap like sugar and whatnot.
1 bottle of water.

2-3 hours later....

Snack:
1-2 sticks of lean mozarella cheese
1 slice wheat bread/small amount chicken breast/something light.
1 bottle of water.

2-3 hours later...

Dinner:
Same as lunch, essentially.

During my workout I'll have water and a Gatorade G2 on hand if I need the boost. Afterwards, I'll usually down a G3 for recovery.

If I get hungry because I'm up late, I'll have a little bit of peanut butter or a mozzarella stick to hold me over.

And that's pretty much it!

nickcv

lol, looking forward to your post after you do yoga.

first day of yoga done...
I actually enjoyed it... at least the parts i could do XD

i do not have enough flexibility to execute many position.

if i'd have been able to do the wheel i'd probably wouldn't need P90X

i will try it again next week, but i'm afraid that it's too hard for me right now: i could do the first 30 minutes without too many problems, but the last hour is extremely hard (and not because i'm too tired but because the position require a level of flexibility and balance i do not have).

maybe i could do kenpo instead of yoga to gain a little more balance and flexibility...
i don't know, i'm pretty confused...
any suggestion guys?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. And Lane, I don't know your exact situation, but I can relate. A court case was a factor for me the last few weeks too, but it's over now. I'm crossing my fingers for ya, bud.

And Nick, feel free to do daily updates! Everyone here is very supportive and goes through similar challenges at some point.

Ok, since it's been requested, I'll outline my diet now.

Breakfast:
Whole wheat bagel/bread, hard boiled egg.
1 daily multi vitamin, 1 1400 mg Fish oil. (I typically don't eat fish, and Omega 3 acids are absolutely critical to avoid joint pain, especially with Plyometrics)
1 bottle of water

2 hours later..

Snack:
1 Quest Protein bar.
1 Bottle Of Water

2-3 hours later...

Lunch:
Chicken breast/Fruit Cup/Salad etc. Here I usually focus on something that balances protein and carbs well without excess crap like sugar and whatnot.
1 bottle of water.

2-3 hours later....

Snack:
1-2 sticks of lean mozarella cheese
1 slice wheat bread/small amount chicken breast/something light.
1 bottle of water.

2-3 hours later...

Dinner:
Same as lunch, essentially.

During my workout I'll have water and a Gatorade G2 on hand if I need the boost. Afterwards, I'll usually down a G3 for recovery.

If I get hungry because I'm up late, I'll have a little bit of peanut butter or a mozzarella stick to hold me over.

And that's pretty much it!

thanks a lot that really helps!
can you post later the other pictures?

welcome aboard!
i started 4 days ago!

LaneDS

Thanks guys, I totally appreciate the comments. Ended up getting a continuance, meaning no good or bad news, just more waiting. Appreciate the well wishes all the same and am going to follow nekura's suggestion of getting back on track (already did PAP lower, and am going to eat clean from here until the end of next week to close out 180 days of P90X).

Also starting to think about how the next six months will go... I want to be cut by next April when I run my first Tough Mudder, so I need a renewed focus mostly on diet since I think I've proven to myself I can train hard five to six days a week most weeks.

Oh, and a related aside from today's legal proceedings- I wore my one and only suit and found that it is now sort of giant on me, which was surprising because when I was in what I thought was really good shape a couple years ago for my cousin's wedding (where the "real picture avatar" photo I had was from), the suit fit well back then. Now the jacket needs tailoring or replacing, which is a good problem to have.

FOOTE

Started making my own protein bars today. Any protein bar that's worth a damn are just too pricey. This is what I'm doing if anyone wants to try something different.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/expert-guides/whey-protein

Ingredients

2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
3 tbsp Peanut Butter, Smooth
2 cups Oats
5 Egg Whites
3 Bananas, Medium
1 ounce Honey
4 ounces Skim Milk
1.5 tsp Cinnamon

Cooking Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Place the oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until they reach a flour-like texture. Now place the oats in a mixing bowl and add in the cinnamon and chocolate whey protein powder. Next add in the peanut butter and mix thoroughly.

Mash your bananas and add them to this mixture, along with the honey and egg whites. Mix well. Finally, add the skim milk and mix again.

Pour batter into a 9x9 or 9x13 greased baking pan. You may also use a pan lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the pan. Allow the bars to cool and then cut into 6 bars. You may also cut them into 8 servings if you prefer a lower calories, lower protein bar.

If using a 9x9 pan the bars with be a little thicker. Cooking time may vary.
Serving Suggestions

Makes 6 protein bars.

Nutritional Info

Calories: 374
Protein: 23.5g
Carbs: 42g
Fat: 8g

I'm using a 9X9 pan and cutting it into 8 pieces. 6 pieces, as suggested, doesn't seem logical.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
maybe i could do kenpo instead of yoga to gain a little more balance and flexibility...
any suggestion guys?
If you want to gain a little more balance and flexibility... do yoga. It's not meant to be easy.

Don't quit on it, seriously — you WILL improve with time. Even if you don't think you're doing any of the moves right, as long as you're pushing yourself, you're already on your way to improvement. Stick with it, and you'll be happy you did (I almost feel like Tony says that exact thing during the video).

Hey nickcv, I agree with vatstep. Yoga can be brutal, and I was far from flexible when I started. You really do improve with time...even if you feel like you're not landing any of the moves quite right or really struggling, keep at it. You'll get there. It's a process!

Also, I'll try and post the whole batch of pics soon enough, might wait for day 90 ;)

And LaneDS...ungh, fucking continuances. Over 6 months of them here for something that should have been handled quickly. Annoying, but hold in there. It too shall pass.

first day of yoga done...
I actually enjoyed it... at least the parts i could do XD

i do not have enough flexibility to execute many position.

if i'd have been able to do the wheel i'd probably wouldn't need P90X

i will try it again next week, but i'm afraid that it's too hard for me right now: i could do the first 30 minutes without too many problems, but the last hour is extremely hard (and not because i'm too tired but because the position require a level of flexibility and balance i do not have).

any suggestion guys?

like the others said, keep doing the yoga. next week your flexibility and balance will see dramatic improvement. it's a certainty

remember to modify

Hey nickcv, I agree with vatstep. Yoga can be brutal, and I was far from flexible when I started. You really do improve with time...even if you feel like you're not landing any of the moves quite right or really struggling, keep at it. You'll get there. It's a process!

Also, I'll try and post the whole batch of pics soon enough, might wait for day 90 ;)

And LaneDS...ungh, fucking continuances. Over 6 months of them here for something that should have been handled quickly. Annoying, but hold in there. It too shall pass.

Very happy for you. Even though you chronicled your progress the whole time, I could not believe you only started in July. Awesome fucking job!

So, I started my modified P90X/Insanity/P90X+ work out program that's supposed to get me through the middle of December on Thursday. The stats I'm tracking are weight and body fat percentage as measured by a scale that measures both. I think my bf% will be thrown off because I started to take creatine (I gained like 6 pounds in the last two weeks. My diet has been kinda shitty, but I'm assuming a lot of the weight gain is water retention)

I'll post my weigh and BF% every week here in order to help keep me motivated

Day 1: Weight: 151.2 pounds Body Fat: 12.5%

nickcv

If you want to gain a little more balance and flexibility... do yoga. It's not meant to be easy.

Don't quit on it, seriously — you WILL improve with time. Even if you don't think you're doing any of the moves right, as long as you're pushing yourself, you're already on your way to improvement. Stick with it, and you'll be happy you did (I almost feel like Tony says that exact thing during the video).

like the others said, keep doing the yoga. next week your flexibility and balance will see dramatic improvement. it's a certainty

remember to modify

ok guys i will follow your advice, but what am i supposed to do during the moments when they are doing moves/position that i'm completely incapable of? (like the wheel)
just stand still and wait for the next one?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
ok guys i will follow your advice, but what am i supposed to do during the moments when they are doing moves/position that i'm completely incapable of? (like the wheel)

Well, with wheel, just stay in bridge.

For Crane, what I do is stand a yoga block on end and use it as a safety/third point of balance, positioned so my forehead is just above it during the pose.

For the warrior 3 poses -- half moon and twisting half moon -- I use my block for the downward hand.

For royal dancer, I keep my forward hand near a wall so I can touch it for balance if I need to. Similar for standing raised leg balance pose.

What other poses are you having problems with? And if you don't have a yoga block, I recommend it.

nickcv

Well, with wheel, just stay in bridge.

For Crane, what I do is stand a yoga block on end and use it as a safety/third point of balance, positioned so my forehead is just above it during the pose.

For the warrior 3 poses -- half moon and twisting half moon -- I use my block for the downward hand.

For royal dancer, I keep my forward hand near a wall so I can touch it for balance if I need to. Similar for standing raised leg balance pose.

What other poses are you having problems with? And if you don't have a yoga block, I recommend it.

i think you guys are overestimating my agility :p

i cannot do bridge either, my arms and elbows, especially my elbows, hurt like they are about to crack.

half moon and twisting half moon are completely impossible, it's not that i find them hard, i cannot even get into the position, i fall the exact second i try it.

weirdly enough i do not have problems with the royal dancer.
i think that my main problem with bridge/wheel half moon and such moves is that while my legs don't have any troubles holding my weight my arms are not strong enough to do the same...

FOOTE

Every Morning I wake up about 20 minutes before my workout to wake up before I start. Fastest 20 minutes of the day, every day.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
i think you guys are overestimating my agility :p

i cannot do bridge either, my arms and elbows, especially my elbows, hurt like they are about to crack.

half moon and twisting half moon are completely impossible, it's not that i find them hard, i cannot even get into the position, i fall the exact second i try it.

weirdly enough i do not have problems with the royal dancer.
i think that my main problem with bridge/wheel half moon and such moves is that while my legs don't have any troubles holding my weight my arms are not strong enough to do the same...

In bridge, your feet are on the floor shoulder width apart, and you roll up on your shoulders, with your arms extended on the floor towards your feet, hands clasped. Elbows and arms shouldn't be involved at all. You push your hips upward and arch your back, keeping your shoulders on the floor.

Other than that, you just do what you can, and try to improve a little each time.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
One... Two... Three... Four... One two three and we are DONE!

P90X COMPLETE. I'll do my fit test either later today or tomorrow. Measurements haven't changed all that much since day 60, except for my chest which increased by nearly an inch. I haven't been measuring my shoulders but I can see that they and my triceps have both increased in size. While I have more definition and strength in my biceps, my arm measurements also haven't changed. My weight increased by a couple pounds, BF% went from 11.2 to 11.5.

I know that I am far stronger and more flexible than when I started. In 90 days I have mastered ARX, can do all of the moves and positions in Yoga X at least to some extent. I've already posted about my chin-up/pull-up improvements.

On Monday I'm starting Insanity: The Asylum. I'll do the fit test for that on Sunday.

I'm not going to post any pictures until the end of my year-long project.

My diet hasn't been fantastic the past few weeks. I've let some carbs creep back in, mostly because I was hoping to get some muscle bulk. But I'm going to cut back a bit now on that and cheat a bit less often. 11.5% body fat is pretty good, but I still have a couple problem areas I need to take care of, and the only way to do that is to go back to a lower carb diet.

Anyway, P90X is fantastic. So far it's by far my favorite of the routines I've done (P90, Insanity, P90X), but I'm looking forward to working with Shaun T again for a month, and I'm REALLY looking forward to starting P90X2 after that.

Thanks for everyone's support!

FOOTE

One... Two... Three... Four... One two three and we are DONE!

P90X COMPLETE. I'll do my fit test either later today or tomorrow. Measurements haven't changed all that much since day 60, except for my chest which increased by nearly an inch. I haven't been measuring my shoulders but I can see that they and my triceps have both increased in size. While I have more definition and strength in my biceps, my arm measurements also haven't changed. My weight increased by a couple pounds, BF% went from 11.2 to 11.5.

I know that I am far stronger and more flexible than when I started. In 90 days I have mastered ARX, can do all of the moves and positions in Yoga X at least to some extent. I've already posted about my chin-up/pull-up improvements.

On Monday I'm starting Insanity: The Asylum. I'll do the fit test for that on Sunday.

I'm not going to post any pictures until the end of my year-long project.

My diet hasn't been fantastic the past few weeks. I've let some carbs creep back in, mostly because I was hoping to get some muscle bulk. But I'm going to cut back a bit now on that and cheat a bit less often. 11.5% body fat is pretty good, but I still have a couple problem areas I need to take care of, and the only way to do that is to go back to a lower carb diet.

Anyway, P90X is fantastic. So far it's by far my favorite of the routines I've done (P90, Insanity, P90X), but I'm looking forward to working with Shaun T again for a month, and I'm REALLY looking forward to starting P90X2 after that.

Thanks for everyone's support!

Good stuff man. Congrats!

SteeloDMZ

Banned

Get yourself a Yoga Block man. It will help you a lot during really hard poses like the twisting moons.

Top Bottom