• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Due to my upcoming vacation, I was put on a diet break for two weeks by my consultant; feel free to mail me some!

Edit: Oh snap, no longer a Junior!

Damn, grats! You must only post here. I feel like I've seen you around for a long time. Going back to the Insanity thread.

LaneDS

Insanity done for the night. Roommate is on travel for a week, so the shirt came off halfway through the workout and was a clear reminder that I have a long way to go still, as my chest and stomach still have enough fat on them to look unpleasant. While I am not doing a great job with Insanity so far (I'm trying!) I am hopeful being more strict on my diet for the next 30 (maybe even 90) days will get me shedding the fat I really want to shed. Fingers crossed.

Insanity done for the night. Roommate is on travel for a week, so the shirt came off halfway through the workout and was a clear reminder that I have a long way to go still, as my chest and stomach still have enough fat on them to look unpleasant. While I am not doing a great job with Insanity so far (I'm trying!) I am hopeful being more strict on my diet for the next 30 (maybe even 90) days will get me shedding the fat I really want to shed. Fingers crossed.

Keep fighting bud! I remember your last pics, you showed a lot of progress. This ain't easy and most people just quit early on, but you've been busting your ass and going for it. Much respect and don't be so hard on yourself. Just keep giving it your all!

FOOTE

It's going to happen.

mehdi_san

Holy crap, p90x Shoulders and Arms is brutal. So much more intense than the one in X2. You're actually lifting weights until there's only 3min left on the clock (and I don't think 3 min of stretching is enough).

I don't recommend getting all your info from once source, but here's one good article about saturated fat and how it compares to other types of fat.
Thanks for the link. That's the guy who's at the end of the P90X workout videos right? The window of opportunity guy? You only ever see his face, so I didn't think he would be so ripped, impressive. What he said about saturated fats seems like it makes a lot of sense. So, back to my initial question, I think I will try and switch back to whole milk and see how it goes.

LaneDS

Keep fighting bud! I remember your last pics, you showed a lot of progress. This ain't easy and most people just quit early on, but you've been busting your ass and going for it. Much respect and don't be so hard on yourself. Just keep giving it your all!

It's going to happen.

Y'alls the best. Best thread. Thanks guys.

mehdi_san- I felt like for weight-lifting centric videos, P90X was likely harder than X2 (with some exceptions, like Total Body), so I agree. Keep crushing it!

Ixian

Damn, grats! You must only post here. I feel like I've seen you around for a long time. Going back to the Insanity thread.
This thread is definitely my home; I enjoy being a part of smaller communities and we have a good one with this group.

Paid dearly for my bad eating yesterday, as evidenced by me being up before 6 AM. On the bright side, it means I definitely have time to squeeze in one last workout before I go on vacation; hopefully I don't do too badly from my lack of sleep. Keep on keeping on gentlemen, I'll be watching while I'm gone! :O

LaneDS

This thread is definitely my home; I enjoy being a part of smaller communities and we have a good one with this group.

Paid dearly for my bad eating yesterday, as evidenced by me being up before 6 AM. On the bright side, it means I definitely have time to squeeze in one last workout before I go on vacation; hopefully I don't do too badly from my lack of sleep. Keep on keeping on gentlemen, I'll be watching while I'm gone! :O

Enjoy that vacation sir! You cover all the bad eating and I'll cover all the healthy eating while you're gone, alright?

Finished Insanity today, if you guys want i can post my last Fit Test results when I get home.

I am dropping in waist like crazy, two days ago I discovered I can easily fit in "sister's" jeans, I was not able to do it for 2-3 years now. Not only that, there is already like 2-3 cm gap without the belt.

feelsgood.gif

I plan to continue with second month of Insanity for the time being to get rid of the rest of belly fat. Then intense muscle training.

Ixian

Enjoy that vacation sir! You cover all the bad eating and I'll cover all the healthy eating while you're gone, alright?
I'll be sure to post pictures of the delicious foods I'm eating to truly test your will, mwahaha.

Finished Insanity today, if you guys want i can post my last Fit Test results when I get home.

I am dropping in waist like crazy, two days ago I discovered I can easily fit in "sister's", I was not able to do it for 2-3 years now. Not only that, there is already like 2-3 cm gap without the belt.

feelsgood.gif

I plan to continue with second month of Insanity for the time being to get rid of the rest of belly fat. Then intense muscle training.
When the numbers on the scale aren't going down, nothing feels better than getting an extra notch on the belt.

LaneDS

I am dropping in waist like crazy, two days ago I discovered I can easily fit in "sister's", I was not able to do it for 2-3 years now. Not only that, there is already like 2-3 cm gap without the belt.

feelsgood.gif

Can you post some figures? Height, age, starting/ending weight, body fat estimates? What kind of diet have you been following? Mostly curious because I'd like to know what I might be able to expect in terms of fat loss for following the program strictly for a couple months.

I'll be sure to post pictures of the delicious foods I'm eating to truly test your will, mwahaha.

When the numbers on the scale aren't going down, nothing feels better than getting an extra notch on the belt.

I actually took a picture yesterday of the tray of cookies that I had to walk past throughout the day, but figured posting that in here probably doesn't do anyone any good! But I'm staying strong, because I mostly realize that the key to shedding that torso fat is strict dieting more than anything.

Also, knifed in a new belt notch this week, so that's always good.

Warrior_Keoni said:
I tried a sample of P90X2 PAP Upper...

Oh my god...

I am a little amazed at the people who found those workouts too easy! Good on them of course, but oh my goodness they crush me. Good luck!

Can you post some figures? Height, age, starting/ending weight, body fat estimates? What kind of diet have you been following? Mostly curious because I'd like to know what I might be able to expect in terms of fat loss for following the program strictly for a couple months.

Age 28, height 172cm, starting weight 74kg, right now 68kg. No idea about body fat, but the drop was significant, as evidenced my my post about trying on pants. I did not follow a particular diet, made sure I eat fruits, drank lots of water and avoid eating food which includes fat. I ate carbs only directly before insanity or immediately after to replenish body energy.

Posting my weight and BF% at the start of each week so you guys can keep me accountable. I weigh myself after going to the restroom first thing in the morning on a scale that measures BF%. Don't know if you should weigh yourself before and after, but I'm doing it after to keep things consistent. The only other thing I will mention is that I'm taking Creatine supplements which may or may not be throwing off the numbers a bit as I sometimes forget to take a scoop here and there Here's how I'm doing so far:

Week 1 151.2lb 12.5%
Week 2 149.4lb 12.3%
Week 3 146.4lb 11.6%
Week 4 146.6lb 11.5%
Week 5 145.2lb 11.0%

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Don't forget Tony's Chat today at 4pm Pacific.

-----

HP, how's the schedule for Body Beast? I'm gonna do it in December when I finish my current X2 round. I was wondering if there are free days where I could add X2 Yoga or Plyocide, since those are 2 workouts I don't want to stop doing.

Ixian

Posting my weight and BF% at the start of each week so you guys can keep me accountable. I weigh myself after going to the restroom first thing in the morning on a scale that measures BF%. Don't know if you should weigh yourself before and after, but I'm doing it after to keep things consistent. The only other thing I will mention is that I'm taking Creatine supplements which may or may not be throwing off the numbers a bit as I sometimes forget to take a scoop here and there Here's how I'm doing so far:

Week 1 151.2lb 12.5%
Week 2 149.4lb 12.3%
Week 3 146.4lb 11.6%
Week 4 146.6lb 11.5%
Week 5 145.2lb 11.0%
I'm sure you know this, but don't put too much faith in body fat % provided by a scale. As for weighing, you should indeed do it after going to the restroom in the morning.

Don't forget Tony's Chat today at 4pm Pacific.

-----

HP, how's the schedule for Body Beast? I'm gonna do it in December when I finish my current X2 round. I was wondering if there are free days where I could add X2 Yoga or Plyocide, since those are 2 workouts I don't want to stop doing.

I'm in the first month currently which they call the "build" schedule. 6 days on 1 off (I think that goes for the next months as well). I did X2 yoga on my off day. There's a couple workouts that are fairly short (40mins) that you could squeeze in a Plyocide or Yoga on those days. I'll probably end up doing that most weeks since I don't want to give up Yoga and would still like a day completely off. With Body Beast I think it would be easier to do an extra workout on certain days because the workouts really focus on one certain muscle group a day. My whole body felt tired after most P90X routines.

Haven't decided. Body Beast is tempting but I don't know.

Ah ok. Well if you have any questions or concerns on BB give me a holler.

And go Rams! (for tonight). I don't like them birds leading the division :)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Good to hear. How are you faring with the diet by the way? I remember hearing that you should eat 5k calories a day to pack those extra 10 pounds of muscle they advertise, but I think that will be extremely hard to do.

Have you checked their nutrition plan? What's the difference with the ones in X/X2

FOOTE

Thanks HP. Will do. I have season tickets to the Rams so I'll be there tonight. Would be nice to get a win.. dunno if they'll pull this one out though.

Good to hear. How are you faring with the diet by the way? I remember hearing that you should eat 5k calories a day to pack those extra 10 pounds of muscle they advertise, but I think that will be extremely hard to do.

Have you checked their nutrition plan? What's the difference with the ones in X/X2

I'm still doing my own diet. Modified it to get to 2500 calories a day. There's no way I could do 5k. I have a hard enough time with 2500. So I'll see how it goes. Sorry, can't tell you much about their nutrition plan. I only gave it a glance.

LaneDS

I'm still doing my own diet. Modified it to get to 2500 calories a day. There's no way I could do 5k. I have a hard enough time with 2500. So I'll see how it goes. Sorry, can't tell you much about their nutrition plan. I only gave it a glance.

You naturally thin (assumptions!) people are from a different planet! I could do 2500 calories without batting an eye.

Nine days without so much as a piece of bread, or a wrap (I do let myself have a few spoonfuls of organic peanut butter some nights, but that's probably not too bad).

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Man, I don't think I could live without bread.

Tony recommends Ezekiel bread a lot. I used to eat it when I was living in the US and it was good stuff.

LaneDS

Man, I don't think I could live without bread.

Tony recommends Ezekiel bread a lot. I used to eat it when I was living in the US and it was good stuff.

Once I get where I want to be I'll probably ease up on the no bread deal (in moderation) but I'm trying to be very strict for 30 (or perhaps more) days to see how it goes. So far the scale hasn't really changed much (started Insanity+diet at 188.6 I think, and I'm back to 185.6 as of this morning... was 184 ending X2 before my week off + shitty fast food eating nearly every day).

D23

Did you ever feel like Insanity wasn't enough? Coming off of P90X, the shorter workouts make me feel like I should be doing more (nevermind that I am drenched & wrecked at the end). Losing the muscle mass that I've built up is also sort of a downer.

Either way, I'm going to take your comments to heart and try to be more positive about it starting today with week two, so thank you.

obviously u never try the MAX insanity workouts, those are insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LaneDS

obviously u never try the MAX insanity workouts, those are insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I tried one of those during my P90X months, and yes, they're quite miserable. But since I'm in month 1 of Insanity there aren't any scheduled (maybe thankfully).

deadlast

Whoo hoo, finished the first week of p90x with running 4 days of the six days.

Next week my goal is to focus more on my diet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Due to my upcoming vacation, I was put on a diet break for two weeks by my consultant; feel free to mail me some!

Edit: Oh snap, no longer a Junior!

You heard him Lane, steal all your office sweets and send them to nekura
KuGsj.gif

mehdi_san

I just ate a Green Tea KitKat. I hated it, but I loved it. Please don't tell Tony.

Almost done with my first week of P90X round 2. Legs and back was not as bad as I remembered it. I kinda miss all the Jack in the box jumps from X2 heh. Tomorrow is Kempo X, and if I remember correctly, that workout will make me burn something like... 25cal? Lol

I just ate a Green Tea KitKat. I hated it, but I loved it. Please don't tell Tony.

Almost done with my first week of P90X round 2. Legs and back was not as bad as I remembered it. I kinda miss all the Jack in the box jumps from X2 heh. Tomorrow is Kempo X, and if I remember correctly, that workout will make me burn something like... 25cal? Lol

Haha, funny thing about Kenpo X, I find it fun and all, but I really REALLY have to push to feel it anymore, at this point a Kenpo day almost feels like a rest day.

Speaking of rest days...this is it! After today I have my final recovery week before I'll have completed p90x! I'm excited and feel better than I ever have before.

I've Insanity all loaded and ready to go afterwards, and after Insanity I plan on doing p90x+ once before making a hybrid routine. Also been thinking about doing a Spartan Race next year...just for the fun of it. Any of you guys ever give one a shot? Impressions of it?

LaneDS

Haha, funny thing about Kenpo X, I find it fun and all, but I really REALLY have to push to feel it anymore, at this point a Kenpo day almost feels like a rest day.

Speaking of rest days...this is it! After today I have my final recovery week before I'll have completed p90x! I'm excited and feel better than I ever have before.

I've Insanity all loaded and ready to go afterwards, and after Insanity I plan on doing p90x+ once before making a hybrid routine. Also been thinking about doing a Spartan Race next year...just for the fun of it. Any of you guys ever give one a shot? Impressions of it?

Tough Mudder for me next April! I just watched the Spartan Race video on the main page and that is inspiring stuff, I love bits like that. But yeah, you should totally do it although I don't have any impressions to give (yet). If you go for it, and you should, good luck man!

For me, Tough Mudder is my goal line. April 2013 will be just over a year since I started P90X, Insanity, X2, whatever... and I want to really have that race as my time to shine and show my progress.

You heard him Lane, steal all your office sweets and send them to nekura
KuGsj.gif

treats.jpg

...they're kinda old now, but they're all yours! Download, print, and enjoy!

zlatko

Banned
So I forget when I started, but initially I was doing the 6 on, 1 off, and kicking ass. I have definitely seen results, but it's been 3 months since I got it, and due to my schedule I only get Thursday and Friday nights now where I can work out. So I've been in phase 1 mode to just maintain the progress made, which has been working.

I expect to start phase 2 in December when I have the small winter break from school so I can do 6 on 1 off again, or at least more than 2. The hanging out with the girlfriend on weekends will eat up 1 day for sure, but at least 5 days on is possible.

I'm in the same shape if not better than back in high school though just with phase 1 work outs.

Best money I ever spent. :D

I'm sure you know this, but don't put too much faith in body fat % provided by a scale. As for weighing, you should indeed do it after going to the restroom in the morning.

Of course. I'm sure it's not super accurate, but it lets me see trends, which is the important thing. If my actually body fat is 11.5% that's fine, as long as the number keeps going down. And, honestly, I can tell the difference between when the scale said I was over 12% to where I am now.

LaneDS

Just phoned in twenty minutes of Insanity cardio power and resistance. Might try running or something later tonight after a proper meal (haven't eaten much today), because I haven't done so well so far with this program (aside from diet I suppose).

Jzero

I just tried the ab ripper x for the first time and i could barely do any. Hopefully i'm able to do more as time goes by.

Top Bottom