• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

FOOTE

Started P90X back in 2010. Did P90X, about 3/4 of Insanity, maintained with P90X/Insanity hybrid until X2 came out. Forgot about X2 until this thread started in January, took the plunge and went through X2. Have gone back to a X2/Insanity/X hybrid, but I just got Body Beast two weeks ago and I'm one week in. I feel great and love the muscle gain potential, I certainly feel it. My legs haven't felt like that since I did Plyometrics for the first time in X. :p

Like BeautifulMemory, glad to see everyone still active and continuing/starting new programs. Congrats to all those that have finished!

Whose all doing Body Beast now? Seems like a considerable amount now.

Ehhh I have Beast but I couldn't get over the instructor. I'm going to suck it up eventually though. Going to learn the workouts to a reasonable amount, the just wear headphones and listen to music.

Started week 1 of phase 2 today, Chest Back & Balance + X2 Ab Ripper. My chin-up tower is a hindrance for both x pull ups and levers. Parts of the tower are simply in the way. And of course there are no perpendicular grips. So I'm going to look into alternatives.

I did fairly well overall. I added assisted pull ups here & there to max out, but I dropped one of the three bands from my chin-up max so assisted moves are a bit harder. I had some troubles with the 3-ball and one-ball Plyo push-ups, mostly with the balls moving on me. I did impossible/possibles with two med balls to start with and did better on the four med ball push-ups than I'd expected.

X2 Ab Ripper went very well, my best at this one yet. I can see myself mastering this in a few weeks, especially at 3x per week. Still need a bit of work on tornados and abrinome but overall I'm happy with my progress.

@BeautifulMemory, I've been at it since January 9th. P90, Insanity, P90X, Asylum 1, and now P90X2.

Started P90X back in 2010. Did P90X, about 3/4 of Insanity, maintained with P90X/Insanity hybrid until X2 came out. Forgot about X2 until this thread started in January, took the plunge and went through X2. Have gone back to a X2/Insanity/X hybrid, but I just got Body Beast two weeks ago and I'm one week in. I feel great and love the muscle gain potential, I certainly feel it. My legs haven't felt like that since I did Plyometrics for the first time in X. :p

Like BeautifulMemory, glad to see everyone still active and continuing/starting new programs. Congrats to all those that have finished!

Whose all doing Body Beast now? Seems like a considerable amount now.

This is all amazing. This month is my one year anniversary of exercising and I can't help but reminisce what we were all like and where we are now. I mean, listen to yourselves! Aslyum 2, Body Beast, X2, etc. that's impressive

Ixian

Happy Thanksgiving friends. Just finished an early lifting session to help alleviate guilt about the bad things that are going to transpire later tonight... :)

Remember, don't be afraid to pig out, and don't be alarmed if the scale numbers seem crazy for the next week or so! It'll come right off again if you go back to your normal diet.

FOOTE

Yup I hope you all are with family and having some good food! I worked out hard this morning and ate pretty big tonight which felt good. Also played a bit of football earlier.

Happy Turkey Day!

Just passed midnight so I'm a little late...but...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Talk about a holiday designed to sabotage diets lol

Also, I just signed up for the Spartan race on June 1st in NY. I'll be doing the 7am Elite race, if anyone here is going, let me know!

For anyone interested: http://www.spartanrace.com/tristate-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2013.html

Other dates and states can be viewed there too, should you want something more accessible to you.

Didn't think it was possible, but somehow ive lost about 7-8 pounds in the first 16 days of insanity. Gone from about 171 to 163.

This shit works!

I will post Day 60 pics for sure.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
annti-la, which program did you finish? Great results whichever it was!

Did X2 Shoulders & Arms + X2 Ab Ripper this morning for the first time. Felt good doing some weight lifting again, and the instability really added to it. Felt great and Ab Ripper went really well.

antti-la

Thanks guys!

P90X Classic. Was strictly following the fat shredder diet through most of the journey.

My cheapish body-analyzer scale showed 162lbs 20% bf when starting and in the end I was at 157lbs 13% bf.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Went to the gym today to do one last X2 Shoulder & Arms. I improved a lot during this last round of P90X2. Curling 30's was almost impossible for me a while ago.

Now I'm very excited to start BB this Monday.

So just bought the P90X DVDs and just went to the grocery store and overhauled my pantry. I'm going to do this.

I'm not terribly overweight. I am 5'11" and have a really thin frame. My arms are pretty skinny as hell but I'm starting to build a gut and I have always felt sluggish and tired. Hoping to change my diet and my general feeling during the day from being less lazy.

I have dumbells, resistance bands that are adjustable, pull up bar (though it's no where near a TV and I have no door frame near the TV) and some Optimum Nuitrition Whey Protein for the recovery drink substitution. Hope this works out.

Going to spend my last night today and get through some left over food that needs to get out before I start all of this. I'm excited.

So just bought the P90X DVDs and just went to the grocery store and overhauled my pantry. I'm going to do this.

I'm not terribly overweight. I am 5'11" and have a really thin frame. My arms are pretty skinny as hell but I'm starting to build a gut and I have always felt sluggish and tired. Hoping to change my diet and my general feeling during the day from being less lazy.

I have dumbells, resistance bands that are adjustable, pull up bar (though it's no where near a TV and I have no door frame near the TV) and some Optimum Nuitrition Whey Protein for the recovery drink substitution. Hope this works out.

Going to spend my last night today and get through some left over food that needs to get out before I start all of this. I'm excited.

Welcome to the fold! It's gonna be rough, but stick with it and it gets easier and easier, then becomes a way of life. It's worth it through and through...and always feel free to stop in for motivation if you feel it slipping, we've all been there. :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Finishing my 90 days (well, more like 100+ to be precise) of P90X2 today, and been wondering what to do next. Thinking of trying out a P90X/P90X2 hybrid, any good ones out there? I'm a bit worried a hybrid might do more harm than good (depending on how it's planned out).

KtSlime

I'm going on a trip and will not have time to do my P90X routine, this will be over days 42-46, right before rest week #2, what's the optimal way to change my schedule? I like keeping my stretch day on Saturday, but if I have to move it around to get the most out of the program I'm willing to do it. I'm currently doing the Classic program. Thanks!

Welcome to the fold! It's gonna be rough, but stick with it and it gets easier and easier, then becomes a way of life. It's worth it through and through...and always feel free to stop in for motivation if you feel it slipping, we've all been there. :)

Thanks. Gorging on the good stuff for one last night.

How is everyone taking their diets? Super strict? Noticed the OP didn't really mention much about it.

Finishing my 90 days (well, more like 100+ to be precise) of P90X2 today, and been wondering what to do next. Thinking of trying out a P90X/P90X2 hybrid, any good ones out there? I'm a bit worried a hybrid might do more harm than good (depending on how it's planned out).

As far as I know there hasn't been any hybrid better than another, you can mix and match to your taste. Some people do

Week 1-3: P90X2 Core Foundation Phase
Week4-6 (or 8): A mix of the regular P90X resistance workouts
Week 9-12: PAP

A couple of us has also switched out Ab Ripper with Ripper X2. I am currently busy with my schedule so I do a regular P90X schedule backwards minus the Kenpo and do X2 ab ripper

So I do Legs & Back, Yoga, so on. And do X2 Ab Ripper

I'm going on a trip and will not have time to do my P90X routine, this will be over days 42-46, right before rest week #2, what's the optimal way to change my schedule? I like keeping my stretch day on Saturday, but if I have to move it around to get the most out of the program I'm willing to do it. I'm currently doing the Classic program. Thanks!

One option is since you are skipping that many days, when you come back you just do the week again. So don't even count that week even if you have done the first couple workouts.

How is everyone taking their diets? Super strict? Noticed the OP didn't really mention much about it.

It's up to you, based on your goal and your ability to adapt to a new lifestyle. If you want to see results, try to stick to the diet as much as possible. You don't necessarily need to count calories, but you need to be aware of what you are putting in your body. We have discussed this before about cheat meal: some people think it's necessary, some think once in a while it's ok, and some don't find it helpful. For some people they either don't want to give up the food in their lives or they just can't overcome it. As for myself I stuck pretty much with the diet and I have been eating that way for almost a year now.

Norua

Banned

Eat what you know came from the ground, a tree or an animal. Vegetables, fruits, lean protein, whole grains.
Like Tony would say, "stuff your grand parents used to eat." Stuff with 1 "ingredient". Ingredient of "peas" ? Peas.
When you do your groceries, don't overanalyze the back of products to check the calories and whatever. But if you see a word that you can't pronounce (even if you can, you get the idea), put back the product on the shelf.

Abandon everything that is processed. Don't bring anything coming from factories into your house.
And even if you have a cheat meal once a month, still don't drink soda or eat ice cream. Never step foot into a fast food again (Trust me, after a few month of healthy eating, you won't have the envy ever again. You would have to pay me to eat at McDonalds).
It's not about losing weight, it's about putting the right fuel in your body. Soda ain't it. Water is.

Everything else (meaning REAL food), you can eat as much as you want without thinking about it.
The best way to eat while doing a program like this though is eating a lot of smaller meals. Like every 3/4h, put something healthy in your mouth. If you can't because of work, don't sweat it, but you get the idea. More smaller meals throughout the day is better.

Eat healthy, get 7/8h of sleep each night and keep pushing play EVERY DAY and your results will surprise you.

PS: Hi everyone.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

Definitely recommend a hybrid. I did 10 weeks of X1/X2 hybrid and I saw a lot of improvement in strength, balance, flexibility and overall athleticism.

FOOTE

Eat what you know came from the ground, a tree or an animal. Vegetables, fruits, lean protein, whole grains.
Like Tony would say, "stuff your grand parents used to eat." Stuff with 1 "ingredient". Ingredient of "peas" ? Peas.
When you do your groceries, don't overanalyze the back of products to check the calories and whatever. But if you see a word that you can't pronounce (even if you can, you get the idea), put back the product on the shelf.

Abandon everything that is processed. Don't bring anything coming from factories into your house.
And even if you have a cheat meal once a month, still don't drink soda or eat ice cream. Never step foot into a fast food again (Trust me, after a few month of healthy eating, you won't have the envy ever again. You would have to pay me to eat at McDonalds).
It's not about losing weight, it's about putting the right fuel in your body. Soda ain't it. Water is.

Everything else (meaning REAL food), you can eat as much as you want without thinking about it.
The best way to eat while doing a program like this though is eating a lot of smaller meals. Like every 3/4h, put something healthy in your mouth. If you can't because of work, don't sweat it, but you get the idea. More smaller meals throughout the day is better.

Eat healthy, get 7/8h of sleep each night and keep pushing play EVERY DAY and your results will surprise you.

PS: Hi everyone.

Beautiful.

Just did my first day... Chest and Shoulders was brutal. Had to take about 3 different breaks :\

I also did about 1/3 to 1/2 of the reps they were able to do ... lol

I used bands instead of the pull up bar since it felt like I was doing nothing since I can barely do a wide pull up.

Also did the Ab Ripper X but was so pitifully tired after Chest/Shoulders that I think I did 1/4th of the reps they did. Half the time it felt like I was dead on the ground. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to put Ab Ripper X on the first day after Chest/Shoulders. UGH haha

EDIT: Also I'm absolutely shaking right now nonstop and nauseous. Hope that is good!

Just did my first day... Chest and Shoulders was brutal. Had to take about 3 different breaks :\

I used bands instead of the pull up bar since it felt like I was doing nothing since I can barely do a wide pull up.

Also did the Ab Ripper X but was so pitifully tired after Chest/Shoulders that I think I did 1/4th of the reps they did. Half the time it felt like I was dead on the ground. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to put Ab Ripper X on the first day after Chest/Shoulders. UGH haha

EDIT: Also I'm absolutely shaking right now nonstop and nauseous. Hope that is good!

Very nice! Hang in there. Good that you took breaks. Got your recovery drink? Please make sure you sleep for a decent amount as well (7-8 hrs)

Jzero

Yup, i felt like that my first few days. It goes away after a while though.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Did X2 Base & Back for the first time today. Interesting workout. Did OK on pull-ups/chin-ups. The legs of my tower get in the way for wide leg chin-ups. Tried to go slow & smooth with full range where I could. Did the kip ones with a toe tap every few reps, otherwise just faster. Tony does say to eliminate the kips as your reps go up. Added in the chin-up max (with one band removed) for extra reps on some of the moves.

Plyo moves were no problem, but 15lb dumbbells were too much for the Plyo lunge presses, so I switched to 10's for now with good form.

By the way, I'm trying a new protein powder for my afternoon shakes. Muscle Meds' "CARNIVOR". It's made with beef protein instead of whey, and is supposed to be easier on your digestion. I bought the chocolate, it's pretty good (have just tried it with water so far).

Product link

Just did day 2... Plyometrics.. Holy shit. Thank god for the pause button. Had to take numerous breaks and it took me about 90 mins to go through the 60 minute workout but I finished it. Thankfully Tony finishes it easily. The basketball/football/baseball stuff was waaaay easier then the other leap in the air like I'm a feather nonsense ... haha

Just did day 2... Plyometrics.. Holy shit. Thank god for the pause button. Had to take numerous breaks and it took me about 90 mins to go through the 60 minute workout but I finished it. Thankfully Tony finishes it easily. The basketball/football/baseball stuff was waaaay easier then the other leap in the air like I'm a feather nonsense ... haha

Welcome to P90X! :) enjoy yoga as well

I can barely walk today. Haha...

So far the most challenging things today have been... Putting on socks and pulling up my parking brake in my car ... Yeesh haha

FOOTE

Body Beast Build Legs delivered. Loved this workout!

Only 2 days but I can foresee great things with this program.

I finally started this too. I bet your shirt is feeling so tight right now.

I did the legs workout yesterday. Not joking, I almost puked with about 15 minutes left to go. I had to flat out stop the DVD and breathe for about 2 minutes and that hasn't happened since the first time I did Plyo in P90X.

I have some pics for an update on my progress... unfortunately I don't have any typical "before" shots except for the one I posted back late summer. I'll see if I get this to work. I bought a new phone and it's still weird to me.

Edit here we go..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39550427&postcount=5189
That was the last pic I took of myself.

74kvP.jpg
UPJ2V.jpg

Jzero

I finally started this too. I bet your shirt is feeling so tight right now.

I did the legs workout yesterday. Not joking, I almost puked with about 15 minutes left to go. I had to flat out stop the DVD and breathe for about 2 minutes and that hasn't happened since the first time I did Plyo in P90X.

I have some pics for an update on my progress... unfortunately I don't have any typical "before" shots except for the one I posted back late summer. I'll see if I get this to work. I bought a new phone and it's still weird to me.

Edit here we go..
Holy shit. I wish there was before pics.

Top Bottom