• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Yep, Insanity. Focus T25 is coming in July some time, but for now I'd recommend Insanity.

I'd asked a few weeks ago if folks were interested in joining an Insanity Challenge Group, but I didn't get much of a response. Basically it'll be a group of folks all doing Insanity at the same time, and you'll post daily about your workouts (either here or in a Facebook group). You'll also do the Beachbody Challenge, submitting before & after photos and logging workouts in the Super Gym which can qualify you to win prizes.

If anyone wants to get involved in one of these let me know.

I will absolutely be running Focus T25 group(s) once it's out.

I'm on for T25 once it comes out.

Once I'm done with Insanity, I plan to go through it again and then T25.

Korosenai

Yep, Insanity. Focus T25 is coming in July some time, but for now I'd recommend Insanity.

I'd asked a few weeks ago if folks were interested in joining an Insanity Challenge Group, but I didn't get much of a response. Basically it'll be a group of folks all doing Insanity at the same time, and you'll post daily about your workouts (either here or in a Facebook group). You'll also do the Beachbody Challenge, submitting before & after photos and logging workouts in the Super Gym which can qualify you to win prizes.

I'd be interested, and it seems that there are quite a few people doing insanity in here now.

So I have been lurking both this thread and the Fitness thread and I am torn which direction I should go in.

I basically want either of these two bodies:

iYfqoZfkCZwst.jpg

I really like that P90 and Insanity are things I can do from my house. This might be a dumb question but could I achieve something close to this with a home program?

If so how long would it take?

Nightz

I'd be interested in an Insanity one. I'm also planning to get T25 when that comes out, so I'd be down for that as well.

FlyFaster

So I have been lurking both this thread and the Fitness thread and I am torn which direction I should go in.

I really like that P90 and Insanity are things I can do from my house. This might be a dumb question but could I achieve something close to this with a home program?

Is your build similar? Have you ever gotten that cut before?

I ask because a friend of mine did P90X with me and while I got awesome results he didn't get nearly as cut. As he likes to say, he's never been able to see the veins in his arms. For whatever reason. He's not fat or even chubby by any means.

I guess I'm trying to say, think realistically about where you can go. how far have you taken yourself in the past?

Also, I'd suggest P90X :) And ya, you can achieve that level from home. It' just hard work, eating right and not missing any days.

I ask because a friend of mine did P90X with me and while I got awesome results he didn't get nearly as cut. As he likes to say, he's never been able to see the veins in his arms. For whatever reason. He's not fat or even chubby by any means.

I guess I'm trying to say, think realistically about where you can go. how far have you taken yourself in the past?

Also, I'd suggest P90X :) And ya, you can achieve that level from home. It' just hard work, eating right and not missing any days.

I have a pretty good shape but nothing that intense. If I can do that at home I am all for it. Thanks for the info. Long road ahead!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Did Core Synergistics today for the first time in a few months. Good stuff. I still maintain that the second round is the most difficult sequence of moves in all of P90X1.

It knocked me down a few pegs, though. I was thinking that, because I'm better at push-ups than I have been in the past, that I'd really be able to crush the stacked foot, staggered hand ones. Nope — could only do 20, haha.

I also think that the way Dreya does the low lateral skaters might be the most impressive thing in the entire program. Maybe I'm just really, REALLY weak, but the way she lifts her legs is just insane.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hm okay well got my X schedule a bit mixed up over the weekend but whatever. Legs & Back + abs done!

In all honesty, still a little discouraged :( I didn't expect to be hitting my old numbers even from cycle 1 within the first month, but I still feel like I'm just struggling to make it through the workouts at all, not attacking them and yelling at Tony to shut the fuck up like I used to.

With around 20 minutes left I started to feel pretty faint and nauseated. I don't really like that. :-/ Too much liquid in my stomach, not enough else. I need to remember to start getting more protein into the first half of my days to have the reserves to burn when it's time.

I did beat almost all my pull-up numbers from last week, which is really all that matters to me at this point, so I'll count it as a win. I need to trick myself into pretending this is my first time ever doing P90X and remembering what it felt like to make even an inch of progress getting into shape for the first time in my life.
valstep said:
I also think that the way Dreya does the low lateral skaters might be the most impressive thing in the entire program. Maybe I'm just really, REALLY weak, but the way she lifts her legs is just insane.
No, it's impressive as hell. She's a little amazing.

Tash

Month 2 impressions
(sorry about the stupid bit in the middle, this was actually done for a submissions to BB -.-)
I actually made it into one of there tv comercial but it was for P90X (just a few seconds of me doind YogaX :))

Also, I like Asylum better than Insanity since it forces you to control your movement.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Month 2 impressions
(sorry about the stupid bit in the middle, this was actually done for a submissions to BB -.-)
I actually made it into one of there tv comercial but it was for P90X (just a few seconds of me doind YogaX :))

Also, I like Asylum better than Insanity since it forces you to control your movement.

Cool video Tash! And that is awesome that you got into a commercial, even if just for a few seconds! :)

Tash

Cool video Tash! And that is awesome that you got into a commercial, even if just for a few seconds! :)

Yeah, was quite excited about that :) they sent me the whole infomercial with my bit on it.
They contacted me from their side and asked me to send in some videos after they heard about the before and after story stuff.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hm okay well got my X schedule a bit mixed up over the weekend but whatever. Legs & Back + abs done!

In all honesty, still a little discouraged :( I didn't expect to be hitting my old numbers even from cycle 1 within the first month, but I still feel like I'm just struggling to make it through the workouts at all, not attacking them and yelling at Tony to shut the fuck up like I used to.

With around 20 minutes left I started to feel pretty faint and nauseated. I don't really like that. :-/ Too much liquid in my stomach, not enough else. I need to remember to start getting more protein into the first half of my days to have the reserves to burn when it's time.

I did beat almost all my pull-up numbers from last week, which is really all that matters to me at this point, so I'll count it as a win. I need to trick myself into pretending this is my first time ever doing P90X and remembering what it felt like to make even an inch of progress getting into shape for the first time in my life.

No, it's impressive as hell. She's a little amazing.
This sounds like a recovery issue, to me. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, but when I have a bad night of sleep or don't eat well the day before, everything is so, so much worst.

Some people take longer to put on muscle. Also, if they've never been cut before it takes a longer time. On top of that, it comes down to diet. Perhaps your diet was better than your friend's?

Note that the look of your body after training and bulking does depend on genetics as well.

FOOTE

That shit was bananas, yo

Next time you'll be as nervous as ShawnT. I agree with him every single time that workout is over.

I bought(well ordered) a ceiling pull up system thing for the house I'm moving into. I hoping, if it's not too hectic and I don't forget, to post a few pictures of my new workout environment when I'm settled. It's just a space in the basement, but there is loads more space for all of my stuff.

Also, Tash. It's working for you. ;)

Menaged

Is it possible that I need more food to feel satiated? Yesterday and today I finished eating a decent portion of food, and 20-30 minutes later I feel hungry again... Or maybe I'm just imagining stuff and I had less on my plate than usual?

3.5 weeks into insanity

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Is it possible that I need more food to feel satiated? Yesterday and today I finished eating a decent portion of food, and 20-30 minutes later I feel hungry again... Or maybe I'm just imagining stuff and I had less on my plate than usual?

3.5 weeks into insanity

What are you eating? Foods higher in carbs will do that, while foods higher in protein & fat should leave you satiated longer.

Those pictures up there take a while to develop, and P90X is getting you nowhere near what those gains are like. Depending on your body shape and how cut you want to cut, your diet plays a huge role in shedding the fat off.

Insanity is pure cardio...you'll lean out using this program. You'll look like every guy on the videos - mostly cut, but not big. Shaun T definitely hits the iron because doing cardio alone like that doesn't make you look like him.

P90X - more conditioning and cardio IMO; I try and push myself on these exercises after I finish a round of squats, presses, and whatever. Most of these are isolation exercises.

TL;DR: Want to have a 6-pack? Cut your calories, but keep the protein high to keep you less hungry. Up your veggies and some fruit, and cut the processed crap out. The easiest fix I've ever done was replace my sandwiches with some organic mixed greens, and chunk light tuna. I feel full all the way until dinner.

Menaged

What are you eating? Foods higher in carbs will do that, while foods higher in protein & fat should leave you satiated longer.

dinner last night was chicken breast (I'd guess around 150g-200g) with some oven baked veg. (potato, zucchini, cauliflower) and today it was whole rice with some meatballs.

Usually it's a sandwich or two in the morning. I bought a low carb low cal bread, and I put cottage cheese or pastrame inside. It keeps me going from 8am till 2pm (Uni between).
Then I eat stuff like whole rice with something (meatballs, beans for example) with a carrot on the side every now and then. 1-1.5 hours later I do the workout, then some protein like tuna or chicken breast (varies when exactly I do the workout). So sometimes it's early dinner and I'm hungry later on so I try to fix myself a salad, or maybe some eggs, and if it's later then that's usually enough for me.

My issue in the last days, like I said, is that for some reason lunch and dinner didn't satiate me...

entremet

I'm more a gym guy, but I'm looking to one of these program for cutting.

I wanna continue going to the gym for doing my 3x week weight training workout. I was thinking of doing some cardio based stuff at home with any of these programs. Which one would be best for that?

I wanna continue going to the gym for doing my 3x week weight training workout. I was thinking of doing some cardio based stuff at home with any of these programs. Which one would be best for that?

IMO, any Insanity or Asylum workout is better than Plyo X/Cardio X.

Korosenai

Insanity.

LaneDS

Echoing the Insanity recommendations. Will work perfectly with the 3x resistance training days. Also T25 looks like it'll be good if you don't want to dedicate 40-60 minutes to (intense) cardio all the time.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Next time you'll be as nervous as ShawnT. I agree with him every single time that workout is over.

I bought(well ordered) a ceiling pull up system thing for the house I'm moving into. I hoping, if it's not too hectic and I don't forget, to post a few pictures of my new workout environment when I'm settled. It's just a space in the basement, but there is loads more space for all of my stuff.

Also, Tash. It's working for you. ;)
Oh I know. That wasn't my first pure cardio ={

Korosenai

Pure Cardio, skip the cool down, start Cardio Abs immediately.
I think ill do this. Is there a good enough cool down for cardio abs like there is for pure cardio, or should i do the pure cardio cool down in the end?

Edit: in the end as in after cardio abs to stretch my legs. Not sure what the cardio abs cool down is like.

FOOTE

Yeah, was quite excited about that :) they sent me the whole infomercial with my bit on it.
They contacted me from their side and asked me to send in some videos after they heard about the before and after story stuff.

I just watched your "My Second Chance" video... What you've accomplished is pretty amazing. I hope you have nothing but great health from here on out.

What phase of X2 do you guys think burns the most calories?
I agree with Steelo. Phase two.

Jzero

No wonder i wasn't gaining much muscle, i kept doing the same amount of weight all the time. It feels like i'm starting over again
KuGsj.gif

Tash

Pure Cardio, skip the cool down, start Cardio Abs immediately.

Great advice. That's what I did too. Didn't like to cool down then having to warm up again. Just doesn't make sense in between.

I just watched your "My Second Chance" video... What you've accomplished is pretty amazing. I hope you have nothing but great health from here on out.

Thanks so much :)
Doing very well right now.

I am doing gym workouts right now to build up proper strength and get some muscles going but mostly also because I do not have enough space right now to do the BB programs. We are moving into our new house at the start of July and I am looking forward to get a proper home gym and start again. Can.not.wait!

Menaged

I'm scared about this saturday.

You already did pure cardio, there's nothing to be afraid of in the first month after that. If you're talking about abs, then I find it quite ok. It's not crazy and it's not cardio :)

I'm starting to hate recovery. I just can't hold the squats / lunges anywhere close to them, and this table top balance thing ia beyond me...

Tash

You already did pure cardio, there's nothing to be afraid of in the first month after that. If you're talking about abs, then I find it quite ok. It's not crazy and it's not cardio :)

I'm starting to hate recovery. I just can't hold the squats / lunges anywhere close to them, and this table top balance thing ia beyond me...

I hear you about the lunges and pulses..I found the recovery to be the hardest part of the whole program..

gotoadgo

I did recovery today and kinda liked it. I've never really done any form of Yoga so it was something different and it was nice to slow things down a bit in preparation for pure cardio tomorrow.

FOOTE

Great advice. That's what I did too. Didn't like to cool down then having to warm up again. Just doesn't make sense in between.

Thanks so much :)
Doing very well right now.

I am doing gym workouts right now to build up proper strength and get some muscles going but mostly also because I do not have enough space right now to do the BB programs. We are moving into our new house at the start of July and I am looking forward to get a proper home gym and start again. Can.not.wait!

I know how that is with moving. I'm going trough it right now. So far I've been able to keep enough space. Only just barely though.

BTW everyone, all this talk about Pure Cardio in here lately made me realize that it's my favourite insanity workout. Just saying.

sp3ctr3

started week 10 today, chest, shoulders & triceps. It kicked my ass, and I think I took a few steps back as I realised I forgot to take creatine the last couple of days.

That last set of cross body blows took the last out of me. I couldn't do the cooldown moves as I couldn't lift my arms. My arms are shaking so bad right now typing this.

Time to lie down for a bit...

Started curling 20kgs now.

For some reason I dont feel the burn. My arms just get to the point of hating gravity and refuse to lift any more. I much prefer doing more reps with a lighter weight (like 15kg) and feeling the muscle burn.

I know how that is with moving. I'm going trough it right now. So far I've been able to keep enough space. Only just barely though.

BTW everyone, all this talk about Pure Cardio in here lately made me realize that it's my favourite insanity workout. Just saying.

I have to keep reminding myself that I go at my own acceptable speed while keeping form on the days I do cardio. It's very easy to break down from proper form a couple minutes into that particular video.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
started week 10 today, chest, shoulders & triceps. It kicked my ass, and I think I took a few steps back as I realised I forgot to take creatine the last couple of days.

That last set of cross body blows took the last out of me. I couldn't do the cooldown moves as I couldn't lift my arms. My arms are shaking so bad right now typing this.

Time to lie down for a bit...

RAWR! I love that feeling.

Today was Body Beast Cardio & Abs. This is a TOUGH combination. The Abs routine isn't too bad but coming on the heels of the very difficult Cardio makes it more challenging. Feels good!

Top Bottom