• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Tash

I'm not sure given how much the workout programs cost by themselves anyone could reasonably expect to get the entirety of P90X and Insanity and all of the others for $60. That'd be a hell of a bargain :)

I thought it'd be obvious you'd end up making in-app purchases and/or downloading workouts at the very least. Also, in January of '15 there's going to be a subscription fee -- maybe that will cover the cost of additional workouts?

Considering how much money BB made with both Insanity and P90X they would very well have the money to offer those at least in full for the free live period in order to promote new programs which might get added later on. So yeah, that wasn't so far fetched at all if you know how much money is being spent daily for marketing and ads..

To be honest, I now feel that is a very cheap money-grabbing cop-out on their part.
I was completely prepared to pay for the upcoming programs but to just have a few programs here and there while touting it as "P90X and "Insanity" are on Kinect Fitness is really misleading.

To be honest, I know feel that is a very cheap money-grabbing cop-out on their part.
I was completely prepared to pay for the upcoming programs but to just have a few programs here and there while touting it as "P90X and "Insanity" are on Kinect Fitness is really misleading.

That is disappointing.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Well, look at it this way.

With Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Fitness is free. It comes with two P90X workouts, one Insanity workout, part of a total of around 30 workouts.

You can also do in-app purchases to buy additional workouts or full workout programs, prices vary up to about $30.

Right now, there are no additional P90X or Insanity workouts available. This doesn't mean there never will be. I imagine more will show up as in-app purchases.

Remember, Xbox Fitness is free to start. P90X by itself is $120. Insanity by itself is $120.

Is it still disappointing that (aside from the cost of an Xbox One), you're getting 30ish workouts for free, with the promise of more to come later? Again, were you really expecting to get ALL of Insanity AND P90X -- for free?

Tash

With Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Fitness is free. It comes with two P90X workouts, one Insanity workout, part of a total of around 30 workouts.

You can also do in-app purchases to buy additional workouts or full workout programs, prices vary up to about $30.

Right now, there are no additional P90X or Insanity workouts available. This doesn't mean there never will be. I imagine more will show up as in-app purchases.

Remember, Xbox Fitness is free to start. P90X by itself is $120. Insanity by itself is $120.

Is it still disappointing that (aside from the cost of an Xbox One), you're getting 30ish workouts for free, with the promise of more to come later? Again, were you really expecting to get ALL of Insanity AND P90X -- for free?

I don't care about the price, I care about the marketing technique and that it's VERY misleading.

I already owe all those programs.
I was VERY close to buying an Xbox because I thought all the exercises are going to be available with kinect but I would have been seriously disappointed if I didn't check here and asked about it.

I don't want a mix and match of programs. Sure they might or might not be available later on but again, I was going to get an xbox on the belief that I can either do the whole Insanity or P90X with kinect checking my form throughout the whole program.

What I'd prefer is bundle and alacarte pricing so I can mix and match workouts.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
What I'd prefer is bundle and alacarte pricing so I can mix and match workouts.

Who knows, that might be coming.

Also, since Beachbody is only a part of Xbox Fitness (most of the workouts aren't Beachbody ones), it wouldn't surprise me if Beachbody is looking into other forms of digital distribution, such as via Amazon or iTunes. It'd make a lot of sense. You wouldn't get the feedback that Xbox Fitness gives you, though.

tmarques

Body Beast Legs.....omg

Build or Bulk? It's probably my most hated BB work-out either way, especially the first couple of times when it felt like someone was stabbing my lower back with a red-hot poker. Still think P90X legs is worse, though - that work-out seems to go on and on AND ON forever.

I'm doing my last Bulk Legs workout in a couple of days. Still not sure what to do after finishing BB - apart from a well-deserved couple of weeks off. How long can I realistically go without losing whatever I gained in the last 3 months?

Build or Bulk? It's probably my most hated BB work-out either way, especially the first couple of times when it felt like someone was stabbing my lower back with a red-hot poker. Still think P90X legs is worse, though - that work-out seems to go on and on AND ON forever.

I'm doing my last Bulk Legs workout in a couple of days. Still not sure what to do after finishing BB - apart from a well-deserved couple of weeks off. How long can I realistically go without losing whatever I gained in the last 3 months?
Build phase...

I was doing fine until the super set with the lunges and step up lunges. Maybe I grabbed a weight a little too heavy (20 lbs for the first set) but damn I was struggling so bad that I had to finish with 15 lbs :(

And now my lower back is sore as fuck. Cant even bend down without pain.

As far as losing muscle I heard that you don't really atrophy until about a month of inactivity

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Weighted lunges are tough, especially step-up to reverse lunges. You need to think of three vertical lines - the center, where you are standing straight up, and forward and backward. Your torso needs to remain vertical at all times, and there's a tendency to lean forward into the forward lung so you need to fight that. Imagining that you're moving your torso to that forward vertical line can help.
Practice unweighted in a mirror until you get the feel of it, and make sure to keep the weight low until you have it down pat.

Weighted lunges are tough, especially step-up to reverse lunges. You need to think of three vertical lines - the center, where you are standing straight up, and forward and backward. Your torso needs to remain vertical at all times, and there's a tendency to lean forward into the forward lung so you need to fight that. Imagining that you're moving your torso to that forward vertical line can help.
Practice unweighted in a mirror until you get the feel of it, and make sure to keep the weight low until you have it down pat.
Thanks for the advice.

I didnt really have any trouble with step up convicts in PAP Lower (By the end I was using 25 lbs) but yea I gotta slow it down during BB because your legs take a beating

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
FYI, today starting at noon PST and running until Monday December 2 11:59PM PST, a bunch of Beachbody products are going to be on sale. Some of the items y'all might be interested in:

MAX Creatine - Buy one, get one free
Energy & Endurance 90 day tub - Save $50
Tai Cheng: 50% off
Insanity: The Asylum vol 1 with free chin-up bar: 40% off
P90X + free chin-up bar: 33% off
Stability Ball + Medicine Ball combo: 61% off

I'll post a link later, or just log into your teambeachbody.com account (sign up here if you don't have one.)

P90X3 is coming soon, it'll be available to order on December 10th, introductory price of $180 for the Challenge Pack (includes Shakeology). More on that later!

I need GAF help. I was going to begin P90X on the Xbox One this AM and add some other exercises to my existing exercise plan. When starting up the app it ask for sex, DoB, etc. For some reason when I put in the month my cursor when to the Next or Done button. The app assumes I above 65 and throws will throw off my calorie and challenge points. I immediately backed out and come back in. Still the same. Can not get back to that point in the setup. I even deleted the app and reinstalled. What can I do?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I wonder if it's going to be available for international order from day 1.

Good question. The only version I know of that'll be available at first is the Challenge Pack, which includes Shakeology and that's not available in Europe yet. That's what they did with Focus T25 at first. If I find out different I'll post here.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I wonder if it's going to be available for international order from day 1.

Wish they would just go the subscription route already, or at least make it possible to buy the videos in download form. At least there's some hope with Xbox Fitness, and I know Tony Horton has talked about it as the future of Beachbody workouts.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Wish they would just go the subscription route already, or at least make it possible to buy the videos in download form. At least there's some hope with Xbox Fitness, and I know Tony Horton has talked about it as the future of Beachbody workouts.

Carl Daikeler (Beachbody CEO) has said it's a matter of when, not if, so I'm sure it'll happen sometime. Whether that's through Xbox Fitness, Amazon, iTunes, another service or some combination, who knows?

I'd be surprised if Xbox Fitness was the only route. Beachbody exercise programs represent only part of the available workouts there, and it's a comparatively small market with a more expensive entry barrier.

Tash

Got an official answer from BB: P90X3 is not going to be available for international shipping until the end of the year.

Got an official answer from BB: P90X3 is not going to be available for international shipping until the end of the year.

Ah that sucks. I guess I'll look at starting something else.

Oh and speaking of P90X3...

p90x3vdjwv.gif

That kind of stuff really annoys me :| But anyway....

Double post, but different topic. These are my thoughts on finishing T25 Gamma.

General Thoughts and Results

First the before and after:

resultsgamma90pgl.png

A big difference? No, but I'm happy with what I've got. The overall effect isn't picked up well by that photo, but there is more definition here and there and I can see results when I flex my biceps.

armsfkzdn.jpg

Weight wise, I've actually put on a kg or so. This is in-line with building a bit of muscle so it isn't a concern. Just keep in mind that if you want to lose weight? Alpha is still the way to go. As above, you are not going to be losing 50lbs through this program. Well, maybe if you start at 900 or something.

The important thing for Gamma is that the workouts are focused. Here you are building up strength, which is an actual goal and is supported by the routines. It isn't perfect, it is only at the end of the four weeks that I'm starting to push harder and I'm feeling stronger. But at least it feels like it is "doing something". If anything an extra week of Gamma is recommended and I would expect the pure strength hybrid schedule to be ultimately superior.

One note of caution is that the poor warm ups and cooldowns associated with the program remain here. Since you are constantly using weights, the chance of injury is higher and I had several twinges like sore shoulders to contend with. I'd highly recommend following your own before and after routines, instead of only doing the suggested exercises here. It just isn't close to being enough for my liking.

Workout Reviews

Speed 3.0: Really should be called "Burpees 3.0" because that is what you are doing. You have straight burpees, push-up burpees, burpees with a spider lunge, burpee burpees...you name it. Because of that, this is a tough workout while still remaining balanced and achievable due to the format of short repeated rounds. It isn't as fun as Speed 2.0 but it will certainly work you harder
Extreme Circuit: Here you go straight into four 1 minute moves and a burnout. After five different sets you are done. This workout actually reminded me of Plyo X quite a bit and is suitably difficult. You get plenty of variety with the weights and it doesn't resort to doing good exercises on one leg whilst rubbing your tummy.
Rip't Up: It is difficult and the middle section with your back to the floor lifting weights up is good stuff. However it suffers way too much from "complicate an exercise for the sake of complicating it" syndrome. This is where you will do something like tricep extensions but on one leg. Why? No idea but it just seems to be a waste of time and takes away from what you are supposed to be focusing on. This is the weakest of the workouts and I hope they avoid this style for future programs.
The Pyramid: A series of exercises that start as 1 rep, then 2, then 3 and so on. This means you get some extremely tough sequences such as 45 pushups or 66 pike-ups! What this means is you will be really pushed, but the building format keeps you in there for longer than you might expect. I really enjoyed this as much as you can enjoy something so tough.

So in summary, Speed 3.0 and Pyramid are tough, nasty workouts. Extreme Circuit is a good allrounder and Rip't Up is rather weak but only by comparison.

Conclusion and Thoughts on the Whole Program

I enjoyed T25 Gamma. If Alpha was a good base and Beta was unfocused, then Gamma was a strong finish that helped me achieve a visible result. Even if it is only focused on the biceps, shoulders and triceps that is still a decent target area and I felt it was worthwhile attacking them in this way.

In contrast to the earlier rounds, there is also a lot more room to grow in these programs. Fitter people than me might master the pyramid early on, but even at the end of the program I was still coming up short. This didn't happen in the earlier phases, so the extra longevity should be applauded.

So if you are doing T25, make sure you finish with this round. Can you skip Beta altogether and move straight on? Almost, but I think Beta is still useful in small doses to get you ready. Ultimately you want to be firing on all cylinders when you attempt Extreme Circuit for example, so you'll be glad you put in the extra work.

RavenHawk

Looking for some input...

I saw the holiday sale and am stuck between Insanity Asylum and P90X for more first foray into the series. The ultimate goal is to get into even better shape than I was 15 years ago (currently 46). I have been riding my stationary bike and doing push-ups and later pull-downs for about 5-6 weeks trying to get ready to start working out again. No matter which I start with, I will eventually own both, as I enjoyed the Insanity workout on Xbox One (for only about 10 minutes the first time!). I'm 6'-1", 200 lbs and in great shape for my age...which product would be suggested that I start with?

TIA.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
P90X3? Day 1. I use a few workouts from X2 to maintain. Efficiency is precisely what I need.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Looking for some input...

I saw the holiday sale and am stuck between Insanity Asylum and P90X for more first foray into the series. The ultimate goal is to get into even better shape than I was 15 years ago (currently 46). I have been riding my stationary bike and doing push-ups and later pull-downs for about 5-6 weeks trying to get ready to start working out again. No matter which I start with, I will eventually own both, as I enjoyed the Insanity workout on Xbox One (for only about 10 minutes the first time!). I'm 6'-1", 200 lbs and in great shape for my age...which product would be suggested that I start with?

TIA.

Probably P90X. Asylum is a 30 day program and is pretty intense and advanced -- P90X is 90 days and builds up over time, and it contains a wider variety of exercises.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I had no idea what to do tonight and jumped on Xbox Fitness and found Rockin' Body with Shaun T. Figured it wouldn't be great because it looked like a dance routine, but did the Rock it Out one and it was crazy. Not a dance routine, it was a cardio/dumbbell routine focused on abs, back, chest, shoulders and arms. It about killed me.

From looking at the product page it looks like the other stuff is dancing, but this one video was actually really good. I'm dead right now. :p

Pyrokai

Hey guys!

I'm approaching the end of my first phase! I think I'm seeing some results but I refuse to look at my day one pictures until I get today 30 pictures LOL. That will be this weekend.

I'm really excited about P90X3, and I haven't even finished the first one or the second!! That 30 minutes a day just sounds so awesome to me. By far the worst thing about exercising is the time it takes to do it. P90X3 actually seems like a dream come true. I keep looking at the promotional videos from Beachbody's YouTube account and loving it.

Anyone know what this device is in this video that tracks calories?

Also, this guy here has exactly the body type I want and his beginning shape is similar to mine as well (only difference being that he has slightly more muscle than I did starting out....and he says "back in shape". I've never been in shape lol)

So yeah... If I go through all three of these programs and by the end I don't like that, then I'll just give up on life ha ha

So yeah... If I go through all three of these programs and by the end I don't like that, then I'll just give up on life ha ha

In my opinion there is exactly zero chance you will look like that. Results like that work backwards, start with the end result and then you can make yourself look like the beginning.

That is not to say it isn't very worthwhile, but you need to be realistic.

Bigfoot

One more day and then I'm 4 weeks in to T25 Beta with only one week to go. I'm not sure what I'll do after Beta is done but I'm hoping to get Gamma for Christmas (P90X3 is likely too much to expect getting it). Until then I'll just do random Alpha and Beta workouts.

I think I'm enjoying Beta slightly more than Alpha but I think it's mostly due to the fact that I like RipT Circuit whereas I dreaded Total Body Circuit in Alpha. Otherwise I think I liked the ab workout in Alpha more and Speed 1.0 felt like a nice easy workout. Speed 2.0 is crazy but fun. Cardio is ok in both.

I'll report the final results when I "graduate" T25 next weekend but so far I lost 7 pounds in Alpha but only 2 pounds in Beta. I don't look anything like the pictures above yet but I also don't eat the greatest and I'm doing this more for health reasons than looks anyways. After Gamma I plan to do another video series of some sort before taking on T25 again. Maybe by then I'll get great results.

Bigfoot

In my opinion there is exactly zero chance you will look like that. Results like that work backwards, start with the end result and then you can make yourself look like the beginning.

I agree that most won't get those results but what is it that you think makes the results in the pic unrealistic? I'm sure they cherry pick the best results from the test group but do you think that they "cheat" somehow? By cheat, I mean work out more than what's in the schedule or go longer than the program length?

Pyrokai

I wasn't being entirely serious. That's the goal, I guess. But I do believe this guy achieved that doing P90X3. He also did it with optimal conditions and real life Tony Horton to help. If I did it at home with only 85% of the intensity, I wouldn't expect those results.

However, I did say that I would like to get those results after doing all THREE programs (X1, X2, X3). I still don't expect this kind of result, but it would get me closer to it than if I just did P90X3 alone without the preceding programs.

I agree that most won't get those results but what is it that you think makes the results in the pic unrealistic? I'm sure they cherry pick the best results from the test group but do you think that they "cheat" somehow? By cheat, I mean work out more than what's in the schedule or go longer than the program length?

That is just the reality of these programs. Your body will adjust to the workouts long before you get close to those results.

It isn't a case of cheating because I'm sure that person did end up managing to produce an after photo like that. I'm just saying that I'd bet they could have taken a much better before photo too.

The white screen in that above comparison pics (no background) kind of says it all to me.Maybe I'm wrong, but I always refer to this before and after picture when I see anything from beachbody:

Note that I'm not saying this to talk down on the programs. I just think it is important to discuss what results you can really get so people don't feel let down and stop doing what are otherwise excellent workouts.

Bigfoot

Note that I'm not saying this to talk down on the programs. I just think it is important to discuss what results you can really get so people don't feel let down and stop doing what are otherwise excellent workouts.
Yeah, I get what your are saying. My thoughts were more with the T25 before and after pics... when I first saw them I really wondered if their results were really from just doing 25 minutes a day. I like the idea of 30 minute workouts as I don't see myself sticking with anything longer and I guess it's just good to know that I can still get results with this type of workout even if I never look like a BB after pic (which isn't my goal right now anyways).

Btw, I read through a bunch of this thread recently and I enjoyed your T25 breakdown and reviews.

Yeah, I get what your are saying. My thoughts were more with the T25 before and after pics... when I first saw them I really wondered if their results were really from just doing 25 minutes a day. I like the idea of 30 minute workouts as I don't see myself sticking with anything longer and I guess it's just good to know that I can still get results with this type of workout even if I never look like a BB after pic (which isn't my goal right now anyways).

Btw, I read through a bunch of this thread recently and I enjoyed your T25 breakdown and reviews.

Thanks and yeah, I think the most important thing is you will still get great real world results .

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Beachbody test group members have to strictly follow the diet plan, too.

Big info dump on P90X3 coming later today, so watch this space!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
OK, as promised, here's the scoop on P90X3!

P90X3 is a 90 day program, split into 3 blocks. Blocks 1 and 2 are 4 weeks each, and Block 3 is 5 weeks.

There's an optional 4th block, called the Elite Block, which starts after the 90 days and lasts 4 weeks. It includes 3 new workouts. You get the Elite Block with the P90X3 Deluxe and Ultimate kits, and it'll be available separately.

All workouts are 30 minutes long, except for X3 Ab Ripper which is 15 minutes and comes with the Deluxe and Ultimate kits. Most of the workouts have a 2-3 minute cool down period included. There's a separate warm-up video you can watch if you need a longer warm-up.

P90X3 is NOT a follow-on to P90X2 -- you can start X3 at any level of fitness. Every move has a cast member showing how to do modifications.

The P90X mobile app is being updated to support P90X3. It'll be available on Android on December 10th and sometime "soon" on iOS.

So, the kits (if ordered through TeamBeachbody.com):
P90X3 Base Kit: $119.85 + S&H
Includes 16 workouts on 8 DVDs, Fitness Guide, Nutrition Guide, 90 Day workout calendar, How to Accelerate Intro DVD, P90X One-on-One: On One Leg DVD, and a P90X3 Hat (which is only available through the end of December.)

P90X3 Deluxe Kit: $239.70 + S&H
Everything in the Base Kit, plus 3 Elite Extreme workouts on 1 DVD, the Elite Block calendar, a 1-month tub of Beachbody Energy & Endurance formula, and 3 B-Lines Resistance bands

P90X3 Ultimate Kit: $329.55 + S&H
Includes everything in the Deluxe Kit plus a 1-month tub of Beachbody Results & Recovery formula, a P90X Chin-up Bar, the P90X Chin-up Max assist device (which I have and is awesome), and a Beachbody premium Jump Mat.

P90X3 Challenge Pack: $205 normally, $180 through December 2013, shipping is free
Includes P90X3 Base Kit, a 30 day supply of Shakeology in the flavor of your choice on Home Direct auto ship, and a 30 day VIP Team Beachbody Club membership. $180 is a great deal; if you bought Shakeology plus P90X3 Base Kit separately by themselves, it'd cost around $250 PLUS shipping.

Here are the names of the workouts (sorry, I don't have descriptions yet!)

Resistance:
1. Total Synergistics
2. The Challenge
3. Incinerator
4. The Warrior
5. Eccentric Upper
6. Eccentric Lower

Power:
1. Agility X
2. Triometrics
3. Decelerator

Cardio:
1. CVX
2. MMX
3. Accelerator

Core, Flex and Balance:
1. X3 Yoga (still 30 minutes!)
2. Pilates X
3. Isometrix
4. Dynamix

And here are purchase links.

P90X3 BASE KIT

P90X3 DELUXE KIT

P90X3 ULTIMATE KIT

P90X3 ELITE DVDS -- I don't have a price for this yet.

P90X3 CHALLENGE PACK

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Awesome. Looks like base kit for me. Only issue I have is that my new doors are too wide for the pull up bar. Should I just use bands for everything?

Also any Kenpo-type workout?

Kinda bummed the Ab ripper doesn't come with the base kit.

EDIT: also is it 5 days of workouts and a rest day or 6? I liked that T-25 did 5.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Awesome. Looks like base kit for me. Only issue I have is that my new doors are too wide for the pull up bar. Should I just use bands for everything?

Also any Kenpo-type workout?

Kinda bummed the Ab ripper doesn't come with the base kit.

EDIT: also is it 5 days of workouts and a rest day or 6? I liked that T-25 did 5.

I think the MMX workout is closest to Kenpo. I know one move is elbow punch/downward punch/sprawl (burpee) which is a pretty hefty move compared to anything in Kenpo. Tony demonstrates this move at about 2:00

I am not sure if it's 5 or 6 days a week. I thought I'd heard 6, but I haven't seen the workout calendar yet.

radcliff

I would like the Challenge Pack but it seems to be missing some stuff I would like from the other kits (mostly Ab Ripper X 3 and the Elite routines). Does anyone know if they will sell AR X3 and/or the Elite routines separately for those who want it but get either the Base or Challenge Pack?

Also, it says AR X3 is 15 minutes. Is that done after the 30 minute routine (like how AR X1 is done right after a routine), or if it is done on its own?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I would like the Challenge Pack but it seems to be missing some stuff I would like from the other kits (mostly Ab Ripper X 3 and the Elite routines). Does anyone know if they will sell AR X3 and/or the Elite routines separately for those who want it but get either the Base or Challenge Pack?

Also, it says AR X3 is 15 minutes. Is that done after the 30 minute routine (like how AR X1 is done right after a routine), or if it is done on its own?

You'll be able to buy the Elite workouts separately. There's a link (not active until December 10th) in my post above.

I don't know the price or whether it includes X3 Ab Ripper -- My guess is that it does, and X3 Ab Ripper is part of the Elite workouts & schedule, and that it'll be scheduled after the 30 minute workouts like the Ab Rippers were in P90X and P90X2. But again that's just a guess.

Also, if anyone's interested in joining a Challenge Group with me starting in January, let me know. I have a closed Facebook accountability group I can add you to & we can cheer each other on.

hitsugi

I have always found myself half-assing the P90X programs and, naturally, not getting the results. In preparation for P90X3, I really want to ensure I'm at least doing the work outs properly..

I currently have - this dumbbell set and adjusting the weight in between exercises feels like a chore and slows me down D: any suggestions? I live in a small apartment, so an entire weight bench would be out of the cards..

I've looked at Power Blocks and the Bowflex SelectTech sets before, but it's a little difficult to swallow a $300+ investment on them.. and they look a bit clumsy.

What do some of you guys use?

Diet-wise.. when I try to adhere to a healthy diet I notice I'm eating way too few calories per day, and when I cheat (every weekend.. probably all weekend long) it's massive. I'm 5'7" and 135 lbs - My arms and shoulders have some definition, but outside of that I'm the epitome of skinny-fat and I hate it.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I have always found myself half-assing the P90X programs and, naturally, not getting the results. In preparation for P90X3, I really want to ensure I'm at least doing the work outs properly..

I currently have - this dumbbell set and adjusting the weight in between exercises feels like a chore and slows me down D: any suggestions? I live in a small apartment, so an entire weight bench would be out of the cards..

I've looked at Power Blocks and the Bowflex SelectTech sets before, but it's a little difficult to swallow a $300+ investment on them.. and they look a bit clumsy.

What do some of you guys use?

I posted about this recently. In a nutshell, I have the BowFlex adjustables and eventually I bought IronMaster adjustables, but if I had to do it over again I'd build up a collection of fixed weight dumbbells. Buy them used.

hitsugi

I posted about this recently. In a nutshell, I have the BowFlex adjustables and eventually I bought IronMaster adjustables, but if I had to do it over again I'd build up a collection of fixed weight dumbbells. Buy them used.

Holy crap that IronMaster set is nice. I've been a lurker of Beachbody GAF so I definitely missed your earlier post concerning the topic.

I suppose if I was going to spend $300 anyway I could probably pick up the dumbbells I need, but I am sorely lacking in space D: even in the closet.

Top Bottom