• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

yogloo

I thought the current p90x workout is not that long. Usually it is around 15 Mins of warm up and cool down. I guess the exercise itself is usually around 40 Mins if you skip both.

I thought the current p90x workout is not that long. Usually it is around 15 Mins of warm up and cool down. I guess the exercise itself is usually around 40 Mins if you skip both.

I think they are not too long doing them and they are just the right length.

The problem is they are too long to do much else. At the end or beginning of each day, that extra 30 minutes can really add up over 90 days.

The only thing I dislike about P90X is that you do mostly endurance exercises on chest/back and legs (max pushups, max pullups, etc.) days and progressive overload on biceps/triceps/shoulders days, effectively creating an imbalance over the long term.

Pyrokai

The only thing I dislike about P90X is that you do mostly endurance exercises on chest/back and legs (max pushups, max pullups, etc.) days and progressive overload on biceps/triceps/shoulders days, effectively creating an imbalance over the long term.

What kind of imbalance do you mean?

Pyrokai

Does anyone here actually do X Stretch? :\

Also, today marks Day 30 for me! Phase 2 starts tomorrow!!! I took some pictures and compared them. Overall, not much change, but in certain lighting and everything, I can definitely see some changes happening. Two more months of this and I should be pretty happy :)

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Are P90X launches typically this soft? Doesn't show up to preorder or anything in places like Amazon.

I want to start now cartman.png.

Majestad

Banned
Steve, is it my imagination or did I hear there will be a schedule for P90X3 that doesn't have any pull up exercises? You know anything about it?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Are P90X launches typically this soft? Doesn't show up to preorder or anything in places like Amazon.

I want to start now cartman.png.

I think this is pretty typical... There weren't any preorders for T25 either as I recall.

Steve, is it my imagination or did I hear there will be a schedule for P90X3 that doesn't have any pull up exercises? You know anything about it?

You can substitute pull-downs using resistance bands, but I don't think there' same schedule that eliminates the move entirely.

There are Classic, Lean, Mass and Doubles schedules, but is don't have any details on how they're structured yet.

Edit (that's Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler):
n2QrreX.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need to figure out what to do the next two weeks. Was thinking just random cardio to try and drop a few pounds. Hmm. Maybe some Kenpo tonight.

teh_pwn

Is this intended to be P90X lite, or can we expect to get the same results as P90X/2 in shorter sessions?

It's supposed to be optimized. We'll see.

I've used P90X2 for maintenance with 3 workouts a week typically. I think it's imbalanced. I do:
1. Base/Back + Squats/deadlifts + P90X Calf exercises from Leg/Back
2. Shoulders & Arms + Abs
3. Chest & Back

Program is too pull up heavy. I usually have to space out base/back with Chest/Back because there's so many. Now that I'm built a bit I can take it but it's hard to build strength with those 2-3 days apart.

I didn't feel like there was enough strength building for legs, and my legs are still relatively weak so I added some basic exercises.

I also almost always skip warmup. Doesn't do anything for me anymore. I don't get sore.

teh_pwn

Also, how long does it take to ship directly from beach body? I bought on Amazon previously. I'm concerned I'm going to order it, they'll secretly backorder because tons of non-Amazon retailers show inventory that's not actually in stock, and then ship it out for December 24th when I'm out of town becuase fuck me that's why.

Tash

Wooooo, one of my beachbody coach friends in the US is going to get the Base Kit for me and sending it over. So hyped!

Just annoyed I can't get the challenge pack with Shakeology. Always wanted to try but customs here in Norway would never let it pass if they check it :/

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Also, how long does it take to ship directly from beach body? I bought on Amazon previously. I'm concerned I'm going to order it, they'll secretly backorder because tons of non-Amazon retailers show inventory that's not actually in stock, and then ship it out for December 24th when I'm out of town becuase fuck me that's why.

If you order from teambeachbody.com by the noon PST on December 15th you can still get it by 12/25.

P90X3 will be available by the end of the day (PST) today, December 10th!

Here are your options. The links will be live later today.
P90X3 Base Kit: $119.85 + S&H
Includes 16 workouts on 8 DVDs, Fitness Guide, Nutrition Guide, 90 Day workout calendar, How to Accelerate Intro DVD, P90X One-on-One: On One Leg DVD, and a P90X3 Hat (which is only available through the end of December.)

P90X3 Deluxe Kit: $239.70 + S&H
Everything in the Base Kit, plus 3 Elite Extreme workouts on 1 DVD, the Elite Block calendar, a 1-month tub of Beachbody Energy & Endurance formula, and 3 B-Lines Resistance bands

P90X3 Ultimate Kit: $329.55 + S&H
Includes everything in the Deluxe Kit plus a 1-month tub of Beachbody Results & Recovery formula, a P90X Chin-up Bar, the P90X Chin-up Max assist device (which I have and is awesome), and a Beachbody premium Jump Mat.

P90X3 Challenge Pack: $205 normally, $180 through December 2013, shipping is free
Includes P90X3 Base Kit, a 30 day supply of Shakeology in the flavor of your choice on Home Direct auto ship, and a 30 day VIP Team Beachbody Club membership. $180 is a great deal; if you bought Shakeology plus P90X3 Base Kit separately by themselves, it'd cost around $250 PLUS shipping.

P90X3 ELITE DVDS -- upgrade from the Base Kit

LaneDS

Trying to decide between Base and Deluxe... big price hike up and all I really care about is those Elite workouts.

Thanks for the links in any case Steve!

Edit: X3 ordered! Coach Steve confirmed!

Pyrokai

Omg.....so I started Phase2 of P90X1 today. That was pretty rough for me. I thought I was getting good at push ups, too! I had to stop at the push up & clap stuff. I totally just pushed up once and did a clap and then when I landed I completely collapsed. I realizedi needed to stop then I totally overdid it earlier in the workout.

This is why I'm excited for X3. 30 minute optimized workouts where I can work hard for 30 minutes and be done will be GREAT. Even Tony said in recent interviews that the first 30 minutes are all that really matter.

I hope X3 impressions are good. X2 seemed to be less than stellar based on what I hear, so I'm hoping it's all fixed with X3.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Trying to decide between Base and Deluxe... big price hike up and all I really care about is those Elite workouts.

Thanks for the links in any case Steve!

Edit: X3 ordered! Coach Steve confirmed!

Awesome! Which version did you go with? I got Deluxe. I'd been wanting to get a tub of E&E anyway, and I definitely want to do the Elite block after the first 90 days.

Majestad

Banned
Omg.....so I started Phase2 of P90X1 today. That was pretty rough for me. I thought I was getting good at push ups, too! I had to stop at the push up & clap stuff. I totally just pushed up once and did a clap and then when I landed I completely collapsed. I realizedi needed to stop then I totally overdid it earlier in the workout.

This is why I'm excited for X3. 30 minute optimized workouts where I can work hard for 30 minutes and be done will be GREAT. Even Tony said in recent interviews that the first 30 minutes are all that really matter.

I hope X3 impressions are good. X2 seemed to be less than stellar based on what I hear, so I'm hoping it's all fixed with X3.

X2 is fucking fantastic. Some people are just bitter at it because it requires much more equipment than either X1 or X3, not to mention that it is very frustrating at first as some moves are ridiculously hard. But if you want badass performance results, X2 is where is at.

LaneDS

Awesome! Which version did you go with? I got Deluxe. I'd been wanting to get a tub of E&E anyway, and I definitely want to do the Elite block after the first 90 days.

Went with the basic set here... I figure I can eventually get the other workouts separately, or I just won't miss them. Did consider wanting to try E&E but opted against the higher price one.

Looking forward to trying these out! Might not be until early January but still excited.

Pyrokai

Aw, man. Dreya sorta intimidates me :p

Man, those moves look complicated as hell. I'm going to be flailing around like a fish out of water for sure. I'm also thinking that in order to learn all this stuff and do it properly, the workouts are definitely going to take longer than 30 minutes with pausing and rewinding. I mean, I rewind all the time because they go too fast for me now. Typical session take me 2-2.5 hours :\

Pyrokai

Remind me of what R&R is.... *blush* (not rest and relaxation....or is it?)

Also, does anyone else get by without using Shakeology? After I'm done with a workout, I go straight to dinner.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Remind me of what R&R is.... *blush* (not rest and relaxation....or is it?)

Also, does anyone else get by without using Shakeology? After I'm done with a workout, I go straight to dinner.

R&R is Beachbody's Results and Recovery post-workout drink. It's a specific ratio of carbs & proteins designed to promote recovery & muscle growth and reduce soreness. Pretty tasty but kind of high in calories for my taste.

I work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and have Shakeology for breakfast a bit later. Shakeology isnt really a recovery drink, it's a super-nutritious meal replacement drink.

teh_pwn

If you order from teambeachbody.com by the noon PST on December 15th you can still get it by 12/25.

P90X3 will be available by the end of the day (PST) today, December 10th!

My concern was getting it to me before I leave town. So I premium shipped that, hopefully I get it Friday.

Also, congrats, you're my coach!

Bollocks

How is T25?
I want to get back into the swing of things but after 2 rounds of Insanity I want something new for a change.
The only thing keeping me from buying it is that I'm vary about the 25m workouts, even though 30m fits my schedule better.
How about Asylum?

Stampy

Since this whole topic is in community, I am wondering wouldn't it be better for P90X3 to have a separate topis for it to gain more recognition. Because, otherwise new people will never find it, and in the end it's a new product.

Majestad

Banned
Since this whole topic is in community, I am wondering wouldn't it be better for P90X3 to have a separate topis for it to gain more recognition. Because, otherwise new people will never find it, and in the end it's a new product.

There's a P90X3 thread in off topic.

radcliff

Got the Challenge Pack and the Elite DVD set. I have been wanting to try Shakeology for a while and this deal made it easier to make the plunge. Didn't really care about the R&R formula in the deluxe since I get that sent to me every month anyway.

Is anyone else planning on watching these DVDs first and getting the routine down in their head, or are you just jumping in cold?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
How is T25?
I want to get back into the swing of things but after 2 rounds of Insanity I want something new for a change.
The only thing keeping me from buying it is that I'm vary about the 25m workouts, even though 30m fits my schedule better.
How about Asylum?

If you've done 2 rounds of Insanity you'll probably find at least the Alpha phase of T25 a bit too easy. I mean you can push yourself, and Total Body Circuit is tough regardless of your level of fitness, but some of the others you'll probably just be bored with. Beta is better, and Gamma is the real deal. In fact you might just want to skip the base T25 pack and go straight for Gamma. You can get the Gamma DVDs at this link, $59.95US + S&H. It's a good suite of 4 workouts to add to your rotation and introduces resistance training lacking from Insanity (outside of the bonus workouts). You'll want dumbbells or resistance bands too.

Or you could go for P90X3. No shipping & handling in the US through the end of December. See links above for info & package options.

But if you want to stick mostly with cardio & agility, Asylum's not a bad choice. It's only a month, but there's always Asylum Volume 2 (which I have yet to do...)

There's a P90X3 thread in off topic.

Yeah, I have several links in that thread to here. I think the best thing is to post new news (like P90X3's availability) over in OT and to be sure to link to this thread for ongoing discussion & motivation. The motivation part is my favorite thing about this thread!

Got the Challenge Pack and the Elite DVD set. I have been wanting to try Shakeology for a while and this deal made it easier to make the plunge. Didn't really care about the R&R formula in the deluxe since I get that sent to me every month anyway.

Is anyone else planning on watching these DVDs first and getting the routine down in their head, or are you just jumping in cold?

Yeah, the Challenge Pack is a fantastic deal. It's something like $70 less than if you bought the base P90X3 pack + Shakeology separately, PLUS you'd normally have to pay for shipping. What flavor of Shakeology did you get? Vanilla is great, but I have to say that the non-Vegan Chocolate is still my favorite.

I will probably at least scan each workout before I do it. I even do that with some workouts I've already done, for example with Body Beast, so that I can prepare weights & equipment before I start.

radcliff

I got the Chocolate Shakeology. I plan on adding almond milk and peanut butter to it. I will probably try vanilla at some point. They all look and sound tasty, except for the green one.

LaneDS

Didn't even dawn on me until after I bought it, but any word on why there wasn't a Blu-ray option for X3? DVD is probably fine, but I liked having the option for X2 all the same.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Didn't even dawn on me until after I bought it, but any word on why there wasn't a Blu-ray option for X3? DVD is probably fine, but I liked having the option for X2 all the same.

Haven't seen one yet. AFAIK P90X2 is the only program they've released on Blu-Ray.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Just a heads up if you ordered P90X3 yesterday - check your email for a confirmation number for your order. I've heard that there was so much demand yesterday that some orders didn't go through. So double check your email! Mine came from customerservice@teambeachbody.com and says Order Confirmation in the subject line.

LaneDS, I think yours might be one of them.

LaneDS

Just a heads up if you ordered P90X3 yesterday - check your email for a confirmation number for your order. I've heard that there was so much demand yesterday that some orders didn't go through. So double check your email! Mine came from customerservice@teambeachbody.com and says Order Confirmation in the subject line.

LaneDS, I think yours might be one of them.

Hm, this caused me to look into this more. My friend who ordered X3 the same day but later in the day mentioned getting a shipment notification yesterday, whereas I didn't get one. I went back and looked at my order confirmation from two days ago and all it says is this:

Item# Product Price Ea Qty Total Price
FREE Free Player Membership 0.00 1 0.00

No mention of X3 at all... checking the website now to see if there are additional details.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Hm, this caused me to look into this more. My friend who ordered X3 the same day but later in the day mentioned getting a shipment notification yesterday, whereas I didn't get one. I went back and looked at my order confirmation from two days ago and all it says is this:

Item# Product Price Ea Qty Total Price
FREE Free Player Membership 0.00 1 0.00

No mention of X3 at all... checking the website now to see if there are additional details.

You might also want to call customer service, 1 (800) 470-7870.

Pyrokai

Just did my first round of Biceps & Back. I pretty much give up on my back :p . I don't think there's any way for me to really work it like I want without being able to do pull ups. I use the bands, but man....I just know I'm doing something wrong. I've tried every position I can think of, but I'm starting to think that it's just not HIGH enough (I have it at the top of a door). I think my best form was when I was pulling parallel to the floor (yeah, I was doing crazy stuff like this, haha).

At least half the back workouts use weights this time. I liked the lawnmowers and fly moves.

Top Bottom