• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

big_z

after doing insanity for a few years now and pretty much have it mastered. ive been hoping for a new tougher version and after the disappointment of T25 i wasn't sure if it would ever happen. luckily Shaun finally gave us max30 and now a month in i have to say I like it a lot. I do one max30 workout after a regular insanity workout.

the insanity pure/max cardio workouts are my favorites because I like the speed and intensity. max 30 is basically like that but with tougher moves and it cuts out all the downtime which is awesome. a lot of the moves are right from the original insanity but with new twists to make them harder. they've also improved the upper body stuff which was a weak point in the original workout. that said with the increased intensity comes increased impact so those with knee or back problems be warned and there are one or two moves that feel a bit awkward.

nice to see some familiar faces in max 30. Adriana has stopped swearing and spitting on the floor. I still don't understand how always on break shanita gets work, she maxes out during the warm-up portion ffs.

overall im enjoying it a lot. i never modify and max out around the 20 minute mark. i can feel the workout afterwards, something that i haven't with regular insanity in a while. providing month two is just as good i would highly recommend max 30 for anyone that can get through regular insanity without too much trouble.

Oh my freaking god - Tabata Strength..

the tabata workouts are my favorite of the bunch so far.

Wellscha

Start on your knees my good man. Every exercise has a progression you can go through. Believe it or not, there's an easier one than on your knees too.

Also, do the chaturanga pose from yoga, or plank, and hold that pose as long as you can. I believe that has helped me in the past gain strength for push-ups when I find myself unable to actually do anymore (also good for the core muscles).

Time for legs & back week 3... I hate it, but I love it.

TAKES TIME. YOU CAN DO IT. KEEP PUSHING.

AS FAR AS PUSHUPS GO. I WENT FROM DOING 3 TO DOING 40 SOMETHING.

Love you beach buds.

I'm on week 4 and started the recovery week. I might be doing something wrong, because I feel more sore this morning (isometrix yesterday) than the next day of doing the challenge (pull ups and push ups)

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Been sick for a week, can't work out, can't do Karate. I missed a few days of P90-X before that because of work as well. I don't think I'm going to be better any time soon so I have a question: Will it be better for me to jump back in where I left off? Or should I just start my 90 days over? I'm enjoying the workouts, but I'm not sure how erasing my calendar progress would effect my morale. Does anyone have any experience on restarting a regimen?

Been sick for a week, can't work out, can't do Karate. I missed a few days of P90-X before that because of work as well. I don't think I'm going to be better any time soon so I have a question: Will it be better for me to jump back in where I left off? Or should I just start my 90 days over? I'm enjoying the workouts, but I'm not sure how erasing my calendar progress would effect my morale. Does anyone have any experience on restarting a regimen?

if it's just a few days just redo that week over.

LaneDS

I personally don't put too much value in the 90 days aspect of the program and think that so long as you're simply doing any of the workouts with regularity you're doing yourself a great service. Start the week over and don't fret about missing a few days, because that'll happen to everyone.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I personally don't put too much value in the 90 days aspect of the program and think that so long as you're simply doing any of the workouts with regularity you're doing yourself a great service. Start the week over and don't fret about missing a few days, because that'll happen to everyone.

Yeah, I don't even follow a specific schedule anymore, I just keep going and try to mix up different muscle groups evenly every week. Been doing so for a few months now. Sure, I miss a couple of days every month for various reasons, but I just jump back into it (usually starting with the most fun workout). No big deal.
I think the 90 days thing is just there to give people a clear goal and get started, but the ultimate goal is to never really stop. At least that's how I see it. :)

LaneDS

I think the 90 days thing is just there to give people a clear goal and get started, but the ultimate goal is to never really stop. At least that's how I see it. :)

Totally agree with that. It's effective too. Quarter of a year, easy to measure, and feels good to complete a rotation. Nothing wrong with strictly adhering to that schedule either of course... more power to those that can and do I think. After doing it enough times I found what worked for me and what didn't and would substitute as needed (I no longer do kenpo and pretty rarely do ab ripper, the former because I found it subpar and the latter due to back issues I have). Mixing and matching and sort of modelling workouts after the established schedule works great for me.

Yeah, I don't even follow a specific schedule anymore, I just keep going and try to mix up different muscle groups evenly every week. Been doing so for a few months now. Sure, I miss a couple of days every month for various reasons, but I just jump back into it (usually starting with the most fun workout). No big deal.
This is good to hear. I started P90x around a year ago and ended up quitting because I felt I was wasting my time by missing a work out here and there. I'm wanting to get started again and, I think you guys are right; I should try and not focus on it being a 90 day thing and start treating it like it's part of my life now.

Honestly, dieting was the hardest part for me. I'm going to try and get it going again soon, but if anyone has any good advice for keeping a consistent diet, lay it on me! I'm really awful at keeping track of my calories, plus my laziness is my biggest enemy. I'm trying to find as many easy recipes as I can to help keep things interesting.

Also, having just read P90X3 is 30 minute workouts...that may be the way to go for me.

Just did my first day P90X3 Classic, starting with Total Synergistics. Honestly, while a few of the workouts (goddamn pull-ups!) were really tough for a me and I was only able to get a few in with proper form, I'm not as tired as I thought I would be. I definitely can feel some tension in my body, but I remember my first day of P90X being a lot more of a shock for my body. Not sure if I'm just in better shape now or if I didn't push myself hard enough.

Hopefully I'll be singing a different tune when I wake up tomorrow sore, leaving no questions to whether or not it's working.

Tash

Love you beach buds.

I'm on week 4 and started the recovery week. I might be doing something wrong, because I feel more sore this morning (isometrix yesterday) than the next day of doing the challenge (pull ups and push ups)

I don't think you are doing anything wrong (amazing work with sticking with it btw!). It could be because you have better form and go deeper into the movements now and also that your muscles are used to a certain movement but others are still hard on you. It all depends on what you need most to work on. Sounds all totally normal to me :)

I am in Week three of Insanity Max 30 and while I was a bit sceptical at first and worried that it might be too tough to get into after quite a long of a hiatus of not working out and having very big trouble with energy I can positively say I am in love.

I loved the original insanity but I did it after a full round of P90X and I was going into it quite fit already. I also liked Asylum quite a bit but again, It was a follow up to the other two and I was pretty fit with good form. T25 on the other hand, I tried it after quite a break and just didn't like it much..not sure why.

So in comes Max because unfortunately I really do not have the time for P90X any more even though I think it's still the best overall health and fitness program to date. The first week was really tough..I always had issues with squats and lunges due to my anterior pelvic tilt and quite tight achillees which makes it hard for me to properly squat and led to incredibly weak legs during lunges.

As mentioned, I am now in week 3 and I have improved in heaps and bounds. I am squatting better than ever and I am improving really fast. I can even see starting definition in my tummy again after only 3 weeks. It's fucking crazy (pardon my french) and while I did it during Insanity as well I have never spit so many insults at Shaun while doing Max.

Tabata are also absolutely my fav. The whole 20 seconds on 10 seconds off really suits me and I absolutely adore the switch between lower body, upper body and abs. I actually switched to the Ab Maximizer schedule now because those new ab workouts are killer. Not only because they are tough but also because of how they are set up. Ie. I always had problems with high knee runs because I tend to cheat and lean back. Now you do them standing up and right after you do the same move in the floor which pretty much makes it impossible to cheat. Same with other exercises that you can easily do wrong form wise. While doing them in C position or sitting there is no way to NOT use the muscles you are supposed to use. (if that makes any sense at all..)

While high knee tucks where always my nemesis, I can now do them for almost the whole 20 seconds of their Tabata sequence and that is a HUGE success for me.

I really do recommend Max. My bf is doing it with me and he is incredibly out of shape and quite heavy. The fact though, that it's only 30 mins and that we do the videos with the modifier focus really helps me to still push as good as he can. Totally proud of him :)

Fuck Pilates.

ughh ;_;

Yes, very much. It looks so easy, easier than Yoga and yet it's probably the hardest freaking thing in P90X3..

I don't think you are doing anything wrong (amazing work with sticking with it btw!). It could be because you have better form and go deeper into the movements now and also that your muscles are used to a certain movement but others are still hard on you. It all depends on what you need most to work on. Sounds all totally normal to me :)

I am in Week three of Insanity Max 30 and while I was a bit sceptical at first and worried that it might be too tough to get into after quite a long of a hiatus of not working out and having very big trouble with energy I can positively say I am in love.

I loved the original insanity but I did it after a full round of P90X and I was going into it quite fit already. I also liked Asylum quite a bit but again, It was a follow up to the other two and I was pretty fit with good form. T25 on the other hand, I tried it after quite a break and just didn't like it much..not sure why.

So in comes Max because unfortunately I really do not have the time for P90X any more even though I think it's still the best overall health and fitness program to date. The first week was really tough..I always had issues with squats and lunges due to my anterior pelvic tilt and quite tight achillees which makes it hard for me to properly squat and led to incredibly weak legs during lunges.

As mentioned, I am now in week 3 and I have improved in heaps and bounds. I am squatting better than ever and I am improving really fast. I can even see starting definition in my tummy again after only 3 weeks. It's fucking crazy (pardon my french) and while I did it during Insanity as well I have never spit so many insults at Shaun while doing Max.

Tabata are also absolutely my fav. The whole 20 seconds on 10 seconds off really suits me and I absolutely adore the switch between lower body, upper body and abs. I actually switched to the Ab Maximizer schedule now because those new ab workouts are killer. Not only because they are tough but also because of how they are set up. Ie. I always had problems with high knee runs because I tend to cheat and lean back. Now you do them standing up and right after you do the same move in the floor which pretty much makes it impossible to cheat. Same with other exercises that you can easily do wrong form wise. While doing them in C position or sitting there is no way to NOT use the muscles you are supposed to use. (if that makes any sense at all..)

While high knee tucks where always my nemesis, I can now do them for almost the whole 20 seconds of their Tabata sequence and that is a HUGE success for me.

I really do recommend Max. My bf is doing it with me and he is incredibly out of shape and quite heavy. The fact though, that it's only 30 mins and that we do the videos with the modifier focus really helps me to still push as good as he can. Totally proud of him :)

Yes, very much. It looks so easy, easier than Yoga and yet it's probably the hardest freaking thing in P90X3..

You might have just sold me on the new insanity

Any advice on ways to improve at Yoga X3? I did my first round today and, along with having trouble holdings certain poses for long enough, so I just flat out could not do. Is there any way to work on this myself, or is it a safer idea to find someone to help? My main concern is not wanting to hurt myself while trying something pretty foreign to my previous workout routines.

Wellscha

Any advice on ways to improve at Yoga X3? I did my first round today and, along with having trouble holdings certain poses for long enough, so I just flat out could not do. Is there any way to work on this myself, or is it a safer idea to find someone to help? My main concern is not wanting to hurt myself while trying something pretty foreign to my previous workout routines.

Try your best, this is coming from someone who's inflexible and never done yoga before.

Dear friends, tomorrow I'm starting the second part of P90X3, so I decided to weigh myself, I couldn't believe the numbers, I gained 6 something pounds!

i've been following the diet plan to a T over the last month, no cheat meals, no junk food, soda, alcohol, other crap. Should I start cutting down on calories?? I'm in panic mode right now.

Provide your age, height, weight, sex if you will (can PM me if you prefer). Also how many calories you're currently having a day.

The short answer, is yes, if you've put that much weight on in a month then you need to cut your calorie intake, but it would be best to work out where it's wrong rather than just making changes. Also, get into the habit of weighing weekly at the same time of day if you can. Means you can tweak before it's gone too far out of whack.

That said, some times it just happens. The week before last I put on 1.5kg (I'm bulking, but I'm only trying to gain 0.5kg a week)... that's just over 3lbs. I made some tweaks to my intake / calorie calcs and this week I lose just over 1kg / 2lbs. Not ideal, but sometimes it just works out that way, especially if you're carrying a lot of water for some reason.

Try your best, this is coming from someone who's inflexible and never done yoga before.
Haha, I may give you a run for your money, but we'll see how my second week goes. I'm definitely feeling it in my legs from yesterday. Today I have to do The Challenge, so here's hoping I make it; shit looks brutal!

Dear friends, tomorrow I'm starting the second part of P90X3, so I decided to weigh myself, I couldn't believe the numbers, I gained 6 something pounds!

i've been following the diet plan to a T over the last month, no cheat meals, no junk food, soda, alcohol, other crap. Should I start cutting down on calories?? I'm in panic mode right now.
Are you doing the Classic or Lean plan?

Wellscha

Haha, I may give you a run for your money, but we'll see how my second week goes. I'm definitely feeling it in my legs from yesterday. Today I have to do The Challenge, so here's hoping I make it; shit looks brutal!

Are you doing the Classic or Lean plan?

Classic, I only stop doing a rep when my body fails, or when it's too painful to do another rep.

Classic, I only stop doing a rep when my body fails, or when it's too painful to do another rep.
Hmm, this is exactly what I'm doing, so I'm curious to see how your progress is from here. I'm only on my first week, and I'm still trying to find when it's actually too painful for me to do another rep or when my body is just telling me to quit. Trying to be my own personal trainer is a new experience for me.

Should I start cutting down on calories?? I'm in panic mode right now.

So yeah... I've checked your numbers and they look about right to me for weight loss.

Can only really be one of two things. Either you're not being as accurate with your measurements as you should be (food weights / calories etc), or your metabolism is a bit slower than it should be... which isn't unusual after being overweight for some time. My personal suggestion would be to drop about 200kcal off your intake for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

On the bright side, if you've been exercising hard, you'll have been building some muscle as part of that weight. :)

Just did The Challenge and, man, I way over estimated how many pull-ups I could do. One question, though: even though I was collapsing out of push ups by the end of it, I didn't really sweat much. Is that normal? During the Agillity and Yoga portions, I was sweating a ton more.

Just gotta keep on trying and experimenting. It helps to pause and just try some of the moves at your own pace, especially crow and plow. In x3 Tony moves on way too fast and doesn't really explain what to look for in terms of forms and injuries. In X1's long ass yoga (90 minutes) Tony did explain on a lot of moves on how to modify them.

key is breathing (in and out) and a peace of mind. Using a yoga block to start. The block will help you with your form and eventually you can play with your flexibility. And just get out when you can't do it anymore. Like you said this isnt about injuries. So just keep trying with the yoga block. Yoga block helps tons, especially with half moon.

If you have certain moved that are giving you trouble, I'd be interested to see if we can help. And personally given the way x3 yoga is structured, I say just enjoy the workout and take whatever progress you can get. It's a bit short and fast anyway.

I'm great at the movements, shit at the breathing. I've never really bothered to fix it either... I guess mostly because I don't get into the zen aspect of it, it's just a nice hard workout.

Not a great deal, just means that you're fitter than you are strong.
Okay, cool. I just came in expected to sweat constantly, but that just didn't happen today. Definitely feeling it my arms, though.

Just gotta keep on trying and experimenting. It helps to pause and just try some of the moves at your own pace, especially crow and plow. In x3 Tony moves on way too fast and doesn't really explain what to look for in terms of forms and injuries. In X1's long ass yoga (90 minutes) Tony did explain on a lot of moves on how to modify them.

key is breathing (in and out) and a peace of mind. Using a yoga block to start. The block will help you with your form and eventually you can play with your flexibility. And just get out when you can't do it anymore. Like you said this isnt about injuries. So just keep trying with the yoga block. Yoga block helps tons, especially with half moon.

If you have certain moved that are giving you trouble, I'd be interested to see if we can help. And personally given the way x3 yoga is structured, I say just enjoy the workout and take whatever progress you can get. It's a bit short and fast anyway.
Thanks, this all really helpful. I may do that on my next round of it. Just clear an hour and work on my form and making sure I understand the moves. If I have any trouble beyond that, I can go from there.

Plow was what gave me the most trouble. I couldn't even get myself into proper form without almost rolling backwards. Haha, glad I was on my own for that one.

Okay, cool. I just came in expected to sweat constantly, but that just didn't happen today. Definitely feeling it my arms, though.

Thanks, this all really helpful. I may do that on my next round of it. Just clear an hour and work on my form and making sure I understand the moves. If I have any trouble beyond that, I can go from there.

Plow was what gave me the most trouble. I couldn't even get myself into proper form without almost rolling backwards. Haha, glad I was on my own for that one.

Yea plow was one of the moves that Tony said to be extra careful about in p90x. I took it real easy when I started. You will get better as your core is stronger and more flexible. It just takes more time. Be careful with your back and neck! If you need help in the beginning try do it against the wall to either have some something to prop or lean against. You sound like you are on the right track!!!

Yea plow was one of the moves that Tony said to be extra careful about in p90x. I took it real easy when I started. You will get better as your core is stronger and more flexible. It just takes more time. Be careful with your back and neck! If you need help in the beginning try do it against the wall to either have some something to prop or lean against. You sound like you are on the right track!!!
Thanks for all the support!

Question for SteveMeister when he's next around... (or anyone else if they know the answer)

What's the deal with weight progression in Body Beast (Or p90*) for that matter? I can't find anything in the instructions that details when you should increase the weights you're lifting, and by how much. For instance, a lot of programs say that once you can do the full range of sets of an exercise with good form, you should increase by xlbs. Then if you can't complete the next weight after X weeks you should deload.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Question for SteveMeister when he's next around... (or anyone else if they know the answer)

What's the deal with weight progression in Body Beast (Or p90*) for that matter? I can't find anything in the instructions that details when you should increase the weights you're lifting, and by how much. For instance, a lot of programs say that once you can do the full range of sets of an exercise with good form, you should increase by xlbs. Then if you can't complete the next weight after X weeks you should deload.

I don't remember that it explicitly says that anywhere. I'll double check the guide when I get a chance.

When I did Body Beast, I basically did what you said -- as soon as I could do all the reps in a set with good form, I'd increase the weight by the minimum amount I could (usually either 2.5lbs or 5lbs, depending on which dumbbells I was using).

It's all about perfect form though -- you're failing if you struggle mightily and start losing good form even on the last rep, and you should still keep working on a specific weight until you can do all of the recommended reps without that happening.

How important is the little workout book that comes with the p90x set? I've been looking everywhere and it seems I've lost mine right before I was planning to start up.

Also do I need a pull-up bar right away or can I hold off on buying one for a few days/weeks?

I don't remember that it explicitly says that anywhere. I'll double check the guide when I get a chance.

Yeah, I don't think it does... which is bloody strange, as without progression, what's the point?

How important is the little workout book that comes with the p90x set? I've been looking everywhere and it seems I've lost mine right before I was planning to start up.

Also do I need a pull-up bar right away or can I hold off on buying one for a few days/weeks?

The book is easy enough to find online if you want to refer to it. As for the bar, if you have bands you can do without, but if not, you'll need it fairly quickly.

Currently doing Insanity, seems to be working quite well, going to re-do this week though as i've only managed to do it 3 times so far :(.

Anyway, after Insanity I'm looking towards doing something like P90X not to 'bulk up' but to maybe get a bit more muscle after losing fat from Insanity. P90X3 is more appealing due to only 30 minute work outs compared to an hour or so for P90X. Anyone have any advice/comments on P90X or other similar workouts, i.e., would P90X give better results than P90X3 etc?

X3 is really well designed. Insanity does next to nothing for your upper body so p90x3 will show you really good results.

Yeah, I don't think it does... which is bloody strange, as without progression, what's the point?

The book is easy enough to find online if you want to refer to it. As for the bar, if you have bands you can do without, but if not, you'll need it fairly quickly.
Thanks! I'll have to order one online since I lack any bands.

empyrean

X3 is really well designed. Insanity does next to nothing for your upper body so p90x3 will show you really good results.

Hey, thanks for the post :). yeah i was thinking that after insanity i kind of wanted to do something a bit more upper body focused (not focused i guess just with more a focus than insanity has). Looks like P90X3 may be the program i do next then.

edit: Anyone recommend a good pullup bar for X3? (I'm in the uk if it makes a difference) I want one that i can take up and down, just moved into a brand new build house fairly recently so would want one that won't mark.

Hey, thanks for the post :). yeah i was thinking that after insanity i kind of wanted to do something a bit more upper body focused (not focused i guess just with more a focus than insanity has). Looks like P90X3 may be the program i do next then.

edit: Anyone recommend a good pullup bar for X3? (I'm in the uk if it makes a difference) I want one that i can take up and down, just moved into a brand new build house fairly recently so would want one that won't mark.

depends on the door frame i guess. this one i have. works great.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EJMS6K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just finished my first "Exercise" if you could call it that. I skipped the pull-up exercises since I don't have a bar yet and even then I couldn't make it through half of the Chest&Back session. I decided to try Ab Ripper X since my arms hurt so bad and I didn't even last 5 minutes. Now I'm super dizzy and guzzling down bottle after bottle of water.

Should I just keep at it lightly or is this a sign I'm not someone who should be trying this type of program right now?

Just finished my first "Exercise" if you could call it that. I skipped the pull-up exercises since I don't have a bar yet and even then I couldn't make it through half of the Chest&Back session. I decided to try Ab Ripper X since my arms hurt so bad and I didn't even last 5 minutes. Now I'm super dizzy and guzzling down bottle after bottle of water.

Should I just keep at it lightly or is this a sign I'm not someone who should be trying this type of program right now?

have you tried to drink something before the workout to give you that energy?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION

Almost anyone can do it, just comes down to how you modify the moves and pace yourself. If you feel like you're pushing yourself way too hard, maybe back off a bit? Keep in mind that if you're out of shape it's probably gonna be tough initially, but after the first week or so you'll get used to it.

have you tried to drink something before the workout to give you that energy?
Do you mean something besides water? About half an hour before I started I ate some Peanut Butter Muffins and had a glass of Orange Juice. I also took a water bottle with me and had to pause the DVD several times just to get some extra water breaks in besides the ones they give you.

Do you mean something besides water? About half an hour before I started I ate some Peanut Butter Muffins and had a glass of Orange Juice. I also took a water bottle with me and had to pause the DVD several times just to get some extra water breaks in besides the ones they give you.

Almost anyone can do it, just comes down to how you modify the moves and pace yourself. If you feel like you're pushing yourself way too hard, maybe back off a bit? Keep in mind that if you're out of shape it's probably gonna be tough initially, but after the first week or so you'll get used to it.

what he said. ^

pace yourself and do what you can and back off if you feel like it's too much. after a week of doing this you will have the energy to make it through much longer. give yourself a target and try your best. don't expect to be able to do it so fast. gotta build yourself up.

when i first did p90x i didn't even last. then i did plyo X. LOL. but after a week or so you'll manage

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
what he said. ^

pace yourself and do what you can and back off if you feel like it's too much. after a week of doing this you will have the energy to make it through much longer.

Yeah, I also think that's partly a result of simply knowing what you're dealing with; it's always the hardest when you have no clue what you're up against. So after doing the workouts a couple of times, you'll know your current limits and will be better prepared to handle the workouts (and pace yourself accordingly).

Yeah, I also think that's partly a result of simply knowing what you're dealing with; it's always the hardest when you have no clue what you're up against. So after doing the workouts a couple of times, you'll know your current limits and will be better prepared to handle the workouts (and pace yourself accordingly).

Plyometric wrecked me the first time i did it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Plyometric wrecked me the first time i did it.

TBH, most workouts the first week wrecked me the first time I did them in P90X (I was completely out of shape before-hand). But yeah, plyo is a killer! I remember I had to literally roll out of bed in the mornings during the first week, couldn't walk straight. lol

For a pull up bar in the UK, I literally just bought this and it's really good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00376I6G4/

Bit tough on your hands, but beefing up your grip is part and parcel of the exercise (and you could always put bar tape on it if you wanted it softer).

Oh, and @ Tained Giraffe, I personally wouldn't workout within an hour of eating anything solid. Have thrown up a couple of times in the past due to that, and don't do it any more. Also, careful with drinking too much water after exercise. It wont help you feel much better and it could fuck you up (hyponatremia).

Over a year ago when I did P90X for the first time, I was fine through main workout; tired, but fine. Then I did the Ab Ripper X portion and literally vomited afterwards. I thought it was because I was so out of shape (which I'm sure was part of the reason), but once I analyzed how shitty I had eaten throughout the day, I thought I'd try again with a better diet. Fucking night and day difference. Still hurt like hell, but was a good hurt and I made it through.

Tash

The first time I did plyo I could literally not walk or sit the day after because of the chair kicks..my hip flexors were completely wrecked :p

There are only three workouts in the world that scare me, and Plyo is one of them. Something about it and my fitness type (cycling focussed) really doesn't go together.

Just did CVX and MAN was that harder than I expected it to be. I know it's cardio, so it makes sense that I was sweating a lot, but it keeps surprising me that certain workouts don't get me to sweat (like The Challenge), while others do. At least my health ignorance is making this interesting when I discover stuff like this.

Top Bottom