• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Ah, you're right. I thought she juat had some work done. Crazy that they got two super flexible women by the name Shawna. Tony scored on his Shawna.

Wait, Tony is hitting a Shawna?

Ya.

Tonyhorton+Shawna+Brannon+4th+Annual+GO+GO+rorVsS3m6Rpl.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah she is insane in that video. He's pretty critical of her actually on some poses, which is funny (except for when she tries crane which she doesn't seem to have the triceps for :p).

Yeah she is insane in that video. He's pretty critical of her actually on some poses, which is funny (except for when she tries crane which she doesn't seem to have the triceps for :p).

Speaking of crane, that move still scares the crap out of me. I'm afraid that if I don't stay focused I'm going to fall forward and wreck my wrists.

Finally back from travelling, can get back on that trolley. Had a nice yoga workout today. I actually think I lost a pound or two while travelling which is nice. Was able to get a little exercise in but not much.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Powerblocks are a beautiful thing. I really recommend them if you can spare the cash. Makes things easy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Powerblocks are a beautiful thing. I really recommend them if you can spare the cash. Makes things easy.
Hopefully I eventually will. Which set have you got?

I love the bands and I love the concept of being able to pack a couple and clip multiple to the handle. But there are some exercises they are absolutely NOT right for. This back lunge on legs and back... I don't know how the dentist chick stays steady, and if you lift your tension foot you're in a bit of danger of getting whipped.

commish

Hopefully I eventually will. Which set have you got?

I love the bands and I love the concept of being able to pack a couple and clip multiple to the handle. But there are some exercises they are absolutely NOT right for. This back lunge on legs and back... I don't know how the dentist chick stays steady, and if you lift your tension foot you're in a bit of danger of getting whipped.

I got the classic 45 set - up to 50 pounds each arm, in 5 pound increments. I really wanted the set that's adjustable by 2.5 lbs, but in the end I wanted to save some bucks. I don't think I have the coordination to use the bands :p

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Insanity day 40. Max Interval Circuit (second time). 941 calories in an hour. Tomorrow is Tricep Killer, aka Max Interval Plyo. Phase 2 makes Phase 1 seem like a cakewalk. Shaun T WILL kick your butt.

Insanity day 40. Max Interval Circuit (second time). 941 calories in an hour. Tomorrow is Tricep Killer, aka Max Interval Plyo. Phase 2 makes Phase 1 seem like a cakewalk. Shaun T WILL kick your butt.

Best part of Max Interval Circuit is the very end, where you are completely exhausted, ready to die and that one douche nozzle starts break dancing and almost kicks Ariel in the face. She gives such a "WTF" look.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Advice: ate poorly this morning, did not sleep at all last night, did 75 minutes of pedaling at my desk this afternoon- should I force myself to do my workout tonight when I get home, or just crash and get as much sleep as possible and bring it tomorrow?

commish

Advice: ate poorly this morning, did not sleep at all last night, did 75 minutes of pedaling at my desk this afternoon- should I force myself to do my workout tonight when I get home, or just crash and get as much sleep as possible and bring it tomorrow?

You think Tony would take a day off? Didn't think so.

LaneDS

Siding with commish- do your best, forget the rest. Good luck!

About to do legs and back. Day sixty something. Took some pictures and have totally lost a noticeable amount of fat in some places and most every part of my body feels like a goddamn rock when I flex. I am tired but committed to being easily identifiable as very fit by year's end.

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say no to working out tonight. Take a nap first and see how you feel. Otherwise, you are just punishing your body and increase the likelihood of injury - totally not worth it.

You have already gone through a lifestyle change and reintroduced exercising back intI your lifestyle...the ability to stay committed and adapt is far more important than not listening to your body

RiZ III

Well gaf, it's been three weeks and my stomach has gotten like 90% flat. Didn't expect these kind of results this fast. It's like Tony says, I hate Ab Ripper X, but I love it.

OG Kush

Well gaf, it's been three weeks and my stomach has gotten like 90% flat. Didn't expect these kind of results this fast. It's like Tony says, I hate Ab Ripper X, but I love it.

Yeh its definietly one of the exercises where i saw improvement in fast. Definietly a good ab workout. However I've heard ab ripper X isn't that good for the back? Anyone else know anything about this?

Ixian

Out of curiosity, what are you using to measure your calorie burning? I use a dotfit exerspy to keep track of my results and never saw numbers that high; always looking for more data for my spreadsheets!

Max Interval Sports Training is my personal favorite of the phase 2 activities. My first time through it, I took a break during the two minute suicide run right before one of the cast members did the same, and felt ashamed when Shaun told him that he didn't need a break and to get back to work, haha. Also, bronco jumps.

Yeh its definietly one of the exercises where i saw improvement in fast. Definietly a good ab workout. However I've heard ab ripper X isn't that good for the back? Anyone else know anything about this?

I heard it is real hard for people with back problems...depends on the severity I think a towel would help

Or pillow

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Out of curiosity, what are you using to measure your calorie burning? I use a dotfit exerspy to keep track of my results and never saw numbers that high; always looking for more data for my spreadsheets!

Max Interval Sports Training is my personal favorite of the phase 2 activities. My first time through it, I took a break during the two minute suicide run right before one of the cast members did the same, and felt ashamed when Shaun told him that he didn't need a break and to get back to work, haha. Also, bronco jumps.

I have a Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth 4.0 HRM chest band and I use Digifit's iCardio app on my iPhone 4s. The app even estimates a proper VO2 max for you based on your stats. Some apps force that number to 0 which skews the results. Highly recommended app, and it works with a lot of other sensors, too. I just prefer Bluetooth 4.0 because the iPhone 4s supports it and the battery in the HR sensor lasts a long time.

OG Kush

Max interval circuit is for sure the most difficult workout in Insanity. I always dreaded that day. I still do Insanity but only 3 times a week and only first month videos. But occasionaly I'll do a month 2 video, and normally skip the last round of max interval plyo/cicuit/sport training.

Max interval circuit is for sure the most difficult workout in Insanity. I always dreaded that day. I still do Insanity but only 3 times a week and only first month videos. But occasionaly I'll do a month 2 video, and normally skip the last round of max interval plyo/cicuit/sport training.

I'd say Max Interval Circuit is the hardest but Max Interval Plyo is a close second. Max Interval Circuit always seems so much longer because of the 3 circuits where Plyo has 2 and then that last round. Both are about the same length.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You think Tony would take a day off? Didn't think so.
Siding with commish- do your best, forget the rest. Good luck!

About to do legs and back. Day sixty something. Took some pictures and have totally lost a noticeable amount of fat in some places and most every part of my body feels like a goddamn rock when I flex. I am tired but committed to being easily identifiable as very fit by year's end.
Doin' it. Here goes.

Tony just posted this on FB
Motivational Tip number 2

Stop Comparing The Present To The Past.

Doing your best and forgetting the rest means to work as hard as you can right now and stop comparing today's workout to ones from your past. You are NOT going to see gains and improvements every time you exercise. Sometimes you'll be weaker on day 50 than you were on day 37. Weather, temperature, lack of sleep, missed supplements, too much stress, injuries, biorhythms, altitude, soreness from previous workouts and more all play a role on how you will perform on any given day. So give yourself a break and just show up.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just found out that Ben & Jerry's has frozen Greek yogurt pints now (with chunks and swirls of stuff in them, of course). Man, I've sworn off ice cream for like a year now but I might need to try that shit... :|

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Just completed Yoga X2. Quite a bit different than the first incarnation of Yoga X. That single-double-triple set had me on me knees a couple of times.

I'm still not to the point I was last year at this time, so it will probably take me another month or two before I can actually complete the entire video without taking breaks every now and again.

OG Kush

Tony Horton was right about Insanity, if you don't do it with proepr care, you can fuck shit up. Insanity was the first workout programma I did, after only dabbling ina bit of a gym work beforehand. Started back in August.. Still doing it semi-regulary and I think my knees are fucked. No pain (except back in october when i realised i wasn't squatting till atleast knees) but lots of clicking and popping and shit. I'm actually pretty worried now, but I don't want to stop insanity because its such a good workout.
When i do ab ripper x I feel a lot of clicking and today I heard a really low pop.
Anyone got any advice?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Tony Horton was right about Insanity, if you don't do it with proepr care, you can fuck shit up. Insanity was the first workout programma I did, after only dabbling ina bit of a gym work beforehand. Started back in August.. Still doing it semi-regulary and I think my knees are fucked. No pain (except back in october when i realised i wasn't squatting till atleast knees) but lots of clicking and popping and shit. I'm actually pretty worried now, but I don't want to stop insanity because its such a good workout.
When i do ab ripper x I feel a lot of clicking and today I heard a really low pop.
Anyone got any advice?

Don't skimp on the stretches and don't push too much past your comfort zone.

You might also try taking some glucosamine/chondroitin supplements, and take a look at your diet to make sure it's not too carb-heavy, and switch away from vegetable oils in favor of extra virgin olive oil (these will help reduce inflammation).

Anyone got any advice?
When did Tony say that? I'm doing a lot of Insanity these days so I really hope I'm staying safe, e.g. trying to engage my muscles as much as I can during landing, not twisting my knees.

Top Bottom